Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"I'm glad you choose to see me the way you do."

Peter could so easily condemn his father for the things he did in the past. But he doesn't. He chooses to allow his father a second chance of sorts.

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great re-watch everyone. My internet was really slow today, but I managed to get some posts in on time. Thanks to everyone who re-gigged their watching to accommodate my lateness and then Kayla's.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
"I'm glad you choose to see me the way you do."

Peter could so easily condemn his father for the things he did in the past. But he doesn't. He chooses to allow his father a second chance of sorts.
That's why the title is so interesting to this episode. Yes, it's about manipulating reality so these people don't see themselves as deformed, but it's also about Walter's self-realization journey. He is marching towards the inevitable point of no return, when he has to tell Peter the truth. Dun, Dun, Dun....

I'm having really slow posts with today -- so maybe it's not your internet, J!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
That's why the title is so interesting to this episode. Yes, it's about manipulating reality so these people don't see themselves as deformed, but it's also about Walter's self-realization journey. He is marching towards the inevitable point of no return, when he has to tell Peter the truth. Dun, Dun, Dun....

I was wondering if that statement was something of a precursor - or just a nice thought.

has been really slow for me as well

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

No, I'm having issues posting too.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:15 PM
New Fan

Operation

Quote:
Funny how often the game Operation comes into play!
I thought the same thing .

On the Fringe - thanks for the info on "johari window four regions". I really wondered what the title of the ep was about, had no clues .

R.

Last edited by Robynesque; 03-22-2014 at 05:22 PM
Old 03-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynesque (View Post)
I thought the same thing .

On the Fringe - thanks for the info on "johari window four regions". I really wondered what the title of the ep was about, had no clues .

R.
You are welcome -- I looked it up because it's such an unusual name. And the Operation game shows up in Brown Betty, maybe one other episode as well?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't FREAK when you watch this week's rewatch episode:
2.11 Johari Window
Nothing like a little ROAD TRIP

~Heidi
Old 06-13-2015, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watched this the other day. Funny scene when Walter didn't want to step out of the car And then the case with all those appearance changing people. Love that kind of small towns mystery stories.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is the very first episode I saw, and it got me hooked almost right away.

LOVE the dueling banjos Deliverance reference! Still makes me when Peter picks up the tune!

Werewolves - it's funny that Peter immediately dismisses the possibility of "...a creature that has the metamorphic ability to switch from a man to a beast." Considering that his very first case with Fringe involved pretty much exactly that - although granted, in that case the transformation was artificially induced and irreversible. Still, Peter has seen enough by this time to perhaps rethink any dismissive attitude he might have towards werewolves, vampires, BigFoot or any other sort of "myth".

I love how Broyles gives Walter a way to ensure that Edina and its people remain safe from intrusion. And of course, how Peter admires Walter for sticking up for them.

~Heidi
Old 06-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was that about the kid with the banjo ?
Old 06-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina_am (View Post)
Was that about the kid with the banjo ?
I'm guessing you've never seen the movie Deliverance? It's from the mid 1970s with Burt Reynolds. He and 3 buddies of his go on a river-rafting expedition in the Appalachian mountains - I think they're supposed to be in North Carolina. They lose their rafts and get stranded in the backwoods and have to make their way out on foot, but they run into some of the very isolated folks who live back there - who tend to be poorly educated and somewhat inbred. In one scene, there's a kid sitting on the porch of a very rustic cabin. The kid is slightly odd looking - like he might be deformed - as well as mentally challenged. He's playing the tune that Peter sings on the banjo. One of the guys sort of makes a connection with the kid by playing the tune on his guitar until they basically move into a rollicking bit of rockabilly. That tune, called "Dueling Banjos" became very popular at the time, but also something of an iconic reference to denote a situation where there is danger related to people who are backwards and anti-social.

Peter realizes, just from the tune, that Walter is remembering the kid the movie - not someone that he actually encountered.

Here's a clip of the scene from the movie:

~Heidi
Old 06-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info and the clip! I will have to find that movie. It was a funny thing when Peter picked up that melody !
Old 06-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina_am (View Post)
Thanks for the info and the clip! I will have to find that movie. It was a funny thing when Peter picked up that melody !
It's probably a bit dated now. And there are some seriously NSFW moments in it. It scared me to death - but that's probably because my dad took me to see it when I was 16. We had just purchased a vacation home in the North Carolina mountains - not far from where the movie was filmed. My dad told me that there were people just like the ones in the movie living all around our new cabin in the mountains. I was never comfortable going there!

~Heidi
Old 06-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

That must've been so scary for you . Just imagine that!