Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 12:27 AM
  #46
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 404,800
Yep
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:47 AM
  #47
Fan Forum Star

 
@l3jandra's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 112,742
Sucks it didn't get a bigger audience
__________________
OITNB: 1 season left
@l3jandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:39 PM
  #48
Fan Forum Hero

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 53,037
It's too bad that syndication doesn't work like it used to. In the days before Netflix and streaming and DVDs, shows like Fringe would be aired on weekends and during the day or late at night or on channels that did mostly syndicated shows. Because that was the only available television, shows that didn't get a great following in their first run could often get a revival of sorts in syndication. Star Trek is a great example of that.

It's not quite the same with streaming services; plus, with so many more sources of original content, I think people are less likely to look for older shows and give them that second chance.
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:28 PM
  #49
Fan Forum Star

 
@l3jandra's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 112,742
^ True, streaming services are the good source of entertainment right now. Fringe should be in one of those platforms for sure!

Networks are staying behind on good shows
__________________
OITNB: 1 season left
@l3jandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:00 PM
  #50
Passionate Fan

 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's too bad that syndication doesn't work like it used to. In the days before Netflix and streaming and DVDs, shows like Fringe would be aired on weekends and during the day or late at night or on channels that did mostly syndicated shows. Because that was the only available television, shows that didn't get a great following in their first run could often get a revival of sorts in syndication. Star Trek is a great example of that.

It's not quite the same with streaming services; plus, with so many more sources of original content, I think people are less likely to look for older shows and give them that second chance.
You are so right.
Ironhorse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:37 PM
  #51
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 404,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3jandra (View Post)
^ True, streaming services are the good source of entertainment right now. Fringe should be in one of those platforms for sure!

Networks are staying behind on good shows
They certainly are

Won't change either from the looks of it
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:40 AM
  #52
Fan Forum Star

 
@l3jandra's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 112,742
^ It's easier to watch and there's no commercials, poeple rather pay for that
__________________
OITNB: 1 season left
@l3jandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 11:20 AM
  #53
Fan Forum Hero

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 53,037
It seems odd that networks are so reluctant to make their shows - especially older shows - available to streaming services. I'm sure they get some money for that. I can't imagine that sales of Fringe DVDs are that high these days that a little streaming revenue wouldn't be good to have.
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:53 PM
  #54
Fan Forum Star

 
@l3jandra's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 112,742
^ Exactly
__________________
OITNB: 1 season left
@l3jandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:00 AM
  #55
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 404,800
Makes no sense really
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:25 AM
  #56
Fan Forum Hero

 
FoxPhile's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 53,037
Fringe has exactly 100 episodes, which just barely makes it eligible for syndication. But I wouldn't think streaming services would care so much about the number of episodes if a show had a decent following. I'd think they'd also look at the "bingability" of a show. I suspect Fringe is very binge-worthy.
__________________
Sheldon/Amy ღ Mulder/Scully ღ Peter/Olivia ღ Mac/Harm ღ Toby/Happy ღ Walter/Paige ღ Wylie/Vega
</scorpion>Fringe The Mentalist
"You said you were sad that you'd never see the stars again" - Sylvester Dodd

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:56 PM
  #57
Passionate Fan

 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 3,325
Fringe Rewatch Thread #7: A 2008-2013 Retrospective Rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Fringe has exactly 100 episodes, which just barely makes it eligible for syndication. But I wouldn't think streaming services would care so much about the number of episodes if a show had a decent following. I'd think they'd also look at the "bingability" of a show. I suspect Fringe is very binge-worthy.
Very true. The original "Star Trek" had only 79 episodes.
Ironhorse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:29 PM
  #58
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 404,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Fringe has exactly 100 episodes, which just barely makes it eligible for syndication. But I wouldn't think streaming services would care so much about the number of episodes if a show had a decent following. I'd think they'd also look at the "bingability" of a show. I suspect Fringe is very binge-worthy.
Doubt that they would care about that at all actually
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:27 AM
  #59
Fan Forum Star

 
@l3jandra's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 112,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Fringe has exactly 100 episodes, which just barely makes it eligible for syndication. But I wouldn't think streaming services would care so much about the number of episodes if a show had a decent following. I'd think they'd also look at the "bingability" of a show. I suspect Fringe is very binge-worthy.
Binge-worthy for sure! I would be watching Fringe instead of Friends on the weekends
__________________
OITNB: 1 season left
@l3jandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:18 AM
  #60
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 404,800
You should
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Joshua Jackson Network - Your source for Josh!
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST