Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2021, 02:23 AM
Elite Fan

Fringe Re-watch 1X04 The Arrival

Never topped a thread in my years as a mod so Heidi if you think we should just make a regular thread let me know

I’m currently preparing a re-watch and curious if there’s any interest from you guys? We could do one episode every other week or every month, it should be up to all of us

Maybe you think it’s better to just use the old episode threads? They do way back though so it’d make more sense to start from scratch, at least to me

Let me know everyone! If it’s something we should decide not to do, no harm no foul

Last edited by Ropetuned; 06-01-2021 at 07:19 PM
Old 05-08-2021, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Never topped a thread in my years as a mod so Heidi if you think we should just make a regular thread let me know

I’m currently preparing a re-watch and curious if there’s any interest from you guys? We could do one episode every other week or every month, it should be up to all of us

Maybe you think it’s better to just use the old episode threads? They do way back though so it’d make more sense to start from scratch, at least to me

Let me know everyone! If it’s something we should decide not to do, no harm no foul
Thanks for this! A board rewatch is a great idea. The last one was when I first joined this board, so it's been quite a while. Topping the thread usually helps to keep focus on the rewatch and bring in posters. We can also post notices in the Info Center and hopefully bring in some new Fringies.

Maybe rather than resurrecting the old threads, we just have this one rewatch thread, keep it topped and change the title as we set up for each episode. If we can find the old episode threads, we can post a link to them in the rewatch thread in case people would like to read what was discussed before.

~Heidi
Old 05-08-2021, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is a great idea, count me in for the re-watch
Old 05-08-2021, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Thanks for this! A board rewatch is a great idea. The last one was when I first joined this board, so it's been quite a while. Topping the thread usually helps to keep focus on the rewatch and bring in posters. We can also post notices in the Info Center and hopefully bring in some new Fringies.

Maybe rather than resurrecting the old threads, we just have this one rewatch thread, keep it topped and change the title as we set up for each episode. If we can find the old episode threads, we can post a link to them in the rewatch thread in case people would like to read what was discussed before.

I’ve located many of the old episode discussions but I think just using a fresh one and re-titling it when we start a new episode sounds like an easier way to organize them

Interested in seeing how you guys want to approach this. One episode every three weeks, one a month or who knows? I have a wide open schedule so I’m asking more for people that have things like work they have to do first
Old 05-09-2021, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm semi-retired now so I have more time on my hands as well. I think every other week would be good. Too long in between and people might lose interest.

~Heidi
Old 05-09-2021, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds like a good call.

Wanna start the re-watch Monday night? Obviously we can’t all watch at the same exact time but we can discuss the episode
Old 05-09-2021, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
That sounds like a good call.

Wanna start the re-watch Monday night? Obviously we can’t all watch at the same exact time but we can discuss the episode
Sounds good! I assume we're going in order, starting with the Pilot?

~Heidi
Old 05-09-2021, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

An episode per week sounds good to me
Lets start with the Pilot
Old 05-11-2021, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Sounds good! I assume we're going in order, starting with the Pilot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ina_am (View Post)
An episode per week sounds good to me
Lets start with the Pilot

Let’s do it!
Old 05-11-2021, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking forward to lots of juicy discussion!

~Heidi
Old 05-15-2021, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

Show starts off with a bang....literally
Old 05-17-2021, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A friend of mine recommended that I watch Fringe, since he knew I was an X-Files fan. But I missed the pilot and the couple of episodes I did see didn't really catch my interest. I think if I'd seen the pilot, my opinion might have been different.

Like TXF, one of the things I love about Fringe is how it skirts the edge of disbelief. Like, that is one really fast moving contagion and is Auto-Pilot landing of a passenger jet really a thing?

On the other hand, Fringe definitely skirts the edge of tolerance when it comes to the ick factor. I seriously wonder how many folks came close to losing dinner during some of the scenes in this episode? And there are worse ones to come.

~Heidi
Old 05-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

This episode really takes all the risks in the world and it’s wonderful

And yeah, the plan scene post contagion was nauseating
Old 05-18-2021, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how tough Olivia is with Peter in the beginning. She definitely knows her target and what to use to get him to do what she wants.

In all, the initial interactions between Olivia, Peter and Walter are real tours de force of acting. It's amazing how intense those scenes are, considering the actors are just beginning to get into their characters. John Noble in particular really shines as a person with a brilliant, but troubled mind.

~Heidi
Old 05-18-2021, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

He was impressed too

I really hated Broyles at first