Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

I think she means that someone can post a prompt for a writer. For example, I could say "Write a fanfic that has Walter not eating food for a day" or "Write a fanfic using the word Home". It's up to the fanfic writer how they want to incorporate this idea into their story.

I like the idea but I don't know if we have enough fanfic writers here to do this.
Icon: JAFpunk59
star_gazer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Amy. It would be a good idea, but like you say I don't know if we have writers here.

Ella Press, do you write fanfic?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 AM
New Fan

Fringe Spec Ep

Hey All,

I've been working on a Fringe spec(basically an episode written in screenplay format), and I thought this would be a great place to get some informed opinions. If you're experiencing Fringe withdrawal, or just like helping strangers, give it a gander.

If you do peruse, some food for thought:

1. Is it faithful to the mood and tone of the show?
2. Do the voices of the characters ring true?
3. Is there anything you would change?

Feel free to eviscerate. Thanks so much, and have a wonderful day.

Click here to download https://planets.egnyte.com/h-s/20120...186528b0d34f2c
Also, I only made this a download because the formatting is important. It's a PDF.

Jeff
Onelastcall386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Anyone have any favourite fanfics to share?
Old 04-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I read one called Chemical X, but it was very NC-17.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

I have quite a few Polivia fics that I often re read...even some that are quite smutty. Most of my faves are on my favorite story list on my fanfiction account on fanfiction.net.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:59 PM
New Fan

Classic Mirror Reflection

It has become sadly apparent that "Fringe Forum" is no more. Fortunately, I saved all of my data from that website and am moving "A Mirror Reflection" over to "Fan Forum". "A Mirror Reflection" became the most read post-"Fringe" thread on the forum, garnering nearly 156, 000 views. I started it on December 13, 2012, one month and one week before "Fringe" ended on January 18, 2013, and updated it regularly until "Fringe Forum" unexpectedly went down in May 2018. It chronicled fictional news stories and events from the red alternate universe of "Fringe". I plan to post two separate threads, "Classic Mirror Reflection", a sort of 'best of' compilation, and the continuation of the current "A Mirror Reflection".

Enjoy!

-

The Alternate Universe at a Glance

December 13, 2012

Singer Amy Winehouse's fourth CD, a jazz album with Questlove, of The Roots, and saxophone player Soweto Kinch, was released on September 14, 2012, her 29th birthday. The singer recently referred to her new "supergroup" as a major turning point in her career. The CD, "The Lioness Returns", is a slight departure from her three previous outings, "Frank", "Back to Black", and last year's "Lioness: Hidden Treasures", that also retains her original energy. Amy credits her duet with Tony Bennett, "Body and Soul'', off his 2011 CD "Duets II" and her 2011 CD "Lioness: Hidden Treasures", as being a major influence in experimenting with her sound. A 2013 major world tour is planned to promote her new CD ... Freddie Prinze, Sr., Freddie Prinze, Jr., and pop diva Selena have been cast to star in a yet to be named action/thriller major motion picture. The 58 year old senior actor is looking forward to be working with his son for the very first time and the father-son duo have both been reported to be very big Selena fans. Prinze, Sr. first acheived stardom playing wiscracking, hip, auto mechanic Chico Rodriguez on the hit TV comedy series "Chico and the Man", which ran for nine seasons on NBC (1974-1983), before embarking upon an illustrious movie and singing career. His son, Prinze, Jr., is best known for his role in the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" movies and the hit television comedy series "Freddie" on ABC. Selena, known for such Top 10 hits as "I Could Fall in Love" and "Dreaming Of You" (both reaching No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart), "Missing My Baby", and "God's Child (Baila Conmigo)", a duet with David Byrne of the Talking Heads, and five-time Grammy Winner, the last time being in 2010, as well as movie actress, is looking forward to a challenging role with two actors for whom she has the utmost respect ... The United States and Antarctica have reached a trade agreement involving shipments of synthetically manufactured coffee beans. President Obama stated recently that the Antarctican breakthrough means that soon coffee in plenty could be back on American breakfast tables ... Thousands gathered in Washington, D.C. recently to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the passage of the Equal Rights Amendment in 1972. Among those in attendance was Catherine Mackin, who became the first woman to anchor a network television newscast solo on "The NBC Nightly News" in 1976 ...

December 15, 2012

... "X-Factor" judge Whitney Houston and hubby Bobby Brown are both back in the studio, this time for a new CD being recorded together. Expect an early 2014 release ... Production on "Spider-Man 5'' starring Tobey Maquire and Kirsten Dunst has begun. "Spider-Man 4" grosed over $130,000,000 with its release in 2009 ... and Friday, December 14, 2012 was just another day at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut ...

Coping with tragedy: Former president George Herbert Walker Bush recently published his memoirs. In the new book, entitled A Diplomatic Life, he recounts what was going through his mind the day of the Reagan assassination in 1981 and when his son, former president George W. Bush was assassinated when United Airlines Flight 93 slammed into the White House in the 9/11 attacks in Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001. He also talks frankly in the book about how he along with Walter Bishop of Bishop Dynamic (currently serving as United States Secretary of Defense) helped keep the late former President Ronald Reagan's dream of the Star Wars missile defense system alive and the Iraqi execution of leader Saddam Hussein in the Gulf War in 1991.

December 22, 2012

... Aaliyah's "Someone Out There" knocks “Locked Out Of Heaven” by Bruno Mars out of the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending December 22, 2012 ... No. 1 at the box office: "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" ... Madonna and Sean Penn reveal their secrets to a happy marriage on "Oprah" to be telecast sometime in January, 2013 ... Squirrels have become the most popular pets in America ...

President Obama's initial proposal to avert the 2013 fiscal cliff includes $200 billion in economic boosters -- a stimulus plan his critics are railing against when they say the country needs to start reducing debt. President Obama is credited with pulling the United States out of the Great Depression, which closed Wall Street down for 21 days, back in 2009.

Comedian Redd Foxx had a grand time at his recent birthday bash held at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. He turned 90 on December 9th. Foxx is best known for his roles as cantankerous junk dealer Fred Sanford for ten seasons on NBC's "Sanford and Son" (January 14, 1972-July 10, 1981) and for nine seasons as retired mail carrier Al Royal on CBS's "The Royal Family" (1991-2000). Among the guests in attendance, former "Sanford and Son" co-stars Demond Wilson, LaWanda Page, Don Bexley, and Whitman Mayo (also star of the hit spin-off comedy series "Grady" that ran on NBC as well) and former "The Royal Family" co-stars Della Reese, Mariann Aalda, Sylver Gregory, and Naya Marie Rivera of "Glee" fame on FOX.

When asked if beauty queens should declare their political viewpoint, 2012 Miss America Laura Kaeppeler replied, "Miss America represents everyone, so I think the message to political candidates is that they represent everyone as well. And so in these economic times, we need to be looking forward to what America needs, and I think Miss America needs to represent all.", a sentiment also shared by the 2008 Miss America, JonBenét Ramsey.

Many special events are being planned for the 40th anniversary of the World Trade Center in New York City in 2013. Architect Minoru Yamasaki said of his best-known creation, "The World Trade Center should, because of its importance, become a living representation of man's belief in humanity, his need for individual dignity, his belief in the cooperation of men, and through this cooperation his ability to find greatness." Even though One World Trade Center opened on December 23, 1970, two days before Christmas, the ribbon cutting ceremony did not take place until April 4, 1973, after Two World Trade Center was completed. Yamasaki, who turned 100 on December 1st, plans to attend several of the events.

December 29, 2012

Although the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco is designed to flex in a way that under heavy loads, the center span of the flattens out under the weight, bridge officials stated that uncontrolled pedestrian access had not been considered as part of the 75th anniversary commemoration of the bridge held back on Sunday, May 27, 2012, because of the additional law enforcement costs required "since the 9/11 attacks in Washington, D.C.".

Glatterflug is expanding. The spaceline is adding additional flights to the moon on weekends and holidays. In 2011 Glatterflug celebrated 10 years of space flights. The spaceline industry began here in the United States shortly after the American Space Shuttle program ended with the successful landing of Columbia 28 in February 2001.

2011 also marked the 40th anniversary of the release of the late Grammy-winning singer Billy Joel's first solo album, "Cold Spring Harbor". In commemoration of the anniversary, Columbia/Legacy Recordings celebrated the occasion with a definitive reissue project of newly restored and expanded Legacy editions of the complete Billy Joel catalog, newly curated collections of rarities from the vaults, previously unavailable studio tracks and live performances, home video releases and more. The 1973 album "Piano Man" was re-released in a 2-disc Legacy edition in November 2011. Joel was killed in a motorcycle accident on Long Island on April 15, 1982 while finishing up work on his "The Nylon Curtain" CD.

Veteran rocker Jimi Hendrix had the auspicious honor of being the first performer to appear at Madison Square Garden in New York City since the facility was deamberized. The crowd went absolutely wild during his encore performance of "Purple Rain". The Seattle, Southern British Columbia native turned 70 on November 27th.

Pink released her sixth studio album, "The Truth About Love" on September 18, 2012 and for the first time in Pink's career, debuted atop the Billboard 200, selling more than 280,000 copies in its first week. The lead single, "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100.

J.J. Abrams has already endeared himself to sci-fi fans with his action-packed reboot of the Star Trek franchise along with the popular television series "Fringe", so it was no surprise when the director’s name popped up as a potential contender to direct "Star Wars: Episode IX".

January 8, 2013

... Kurt Cobain recently announced that their 2011-2012 Nirvana world tour commemorating the 20th anniversary of the release of their CD "Nevermind" was a huge success. Mia Zapata and The Gits opened for them throughout the tour. New CD's from both bands are forthcoming ... Former CBS White House news correspondent and first black female to anchor a network newscast solo while at CBS Michelle Clark reflects on her years covering the MLK administration in her new book "The Dairy of a King" ... Republican Senator Jeff Sessions: Withhold debt-ceiling increase until Senate passes budget plan ... "Two and a Half Men" starring Charlie Sheen No. 1 again according to Nielson ...

Former President Richard Cheney will be on hand to commemmorate the 45th anniversary of the Apollo 13 explosion this coming April, 2013 at the Apollo 13 Memorial in Arlington National Cemetary. Flight Commander James A. Lovell, Command Module pilot Ken Mattingly, and Lunar Module pilot Fred W. Haise were all killed when an oxygen tank exploded crippling the service module upon which the Command Module depended on April 13, 1968.

January 11, 2013

... The Beatles' (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr) 2009 world reunion tour in support of their new CD at the time "The Beatles: Rock Band" was so successful, they plan on a new world tour in early 2014. Expect many tracks from the Fab Four's 2010 and 2012 releases "Y Not" and "Kisses on the Bottom" to be featured ... Topping the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week ending January 5, 2013, "All The Woman You Need" - Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes ... Guantanamo Bay is considering statehood. The U.S. territory has become a popular tourist attraction in recent years ... Brittany Murphy has been signed to reprise her role as Tai Frasier in the major motion picture sequel "Clueless: High School Reunion" ... Lead singer and co-founder of Alice in Chains Layne Staley along with bassist Mike Starr revealed in a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine that their yet to be titled fifth studio album will be out in the spring of 2013 ... Obama Inauguration 2: Katy Perry, Alicia Keys, Usher Tapped for Balls and Kids' Festivities ...

The 100th anniversary of the Titanic was celebrated last April with a spectacular recreation of the ship's maiden voyage. The refurbished luxary liner that was the inspiration for a fleet of similar vessels to come set sail from Southampton, United Kingdom booked to capacity 100 years to the day on April 10, 2012 before heading for Cherbourg, France then on to Cobh, Ireland and then westward across the Atlantic Ocean to its final destination in New York City on April 17, 2012. Queen Diana was on hand for the occasion, calling the Titanic "One of Great Britain's greatest gifts to the world".

Pregnant Princess Kate Middleton's first official royal portrait revealed-Artist Paul Emsley changed the color of her eyes to better match her blouse. However, Kate herself told reporters she thought it was "brilliant" and hubby Prince William agreed that it was "absolutely beautiful". The pregnant royal, along with Prince William, Pippa Middleton, James Middleton, and Kate's parents Michael and Carole went to London's National Portrait Gallery for a private viewing of the duchess' first official royal portrait. No word yet from Queen Diana or King Charles.

January 25, 2013

... The 2013 Super Bowl has been set-Baltimore Colts vs. San Francisco 49ers ... Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart has signed a new one year contract. He becomes a free agent in 2014 ... Rocker Taylor Swift has got the No.1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 for the week ending January 26, 2013, "I Knew You Were Trouble" ... New tax hikes eyed for roads, transit ...

Chelsea Clinton is returning to Washington, D.C.—this time in a leadership role. The former first daughter headlined a summit on the National Mall on January 19, 2013 to launch President Barack Obama's second inauguration. Now 32, married to investment banker Marc Mezvinsky, and living in New York City, the former first daughter has been honing her public persona as a special correspondent for NBC News. Before that, she also spent a few years on Wall Street (during the time of the 21 day shut down) working for the hedge fund Avenue Capital Group LLC, and three years with the consulting firm McKinsey & Company. Like Father, Like Daughter? Chelsea recently said in an interview with the Washington Post regarding the inauguration, "I want to be just like my dad and wish to one day be standing where he once stood and where President Obama will be on January 20th".

The 2015 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Reds and Cincinnati. The Reds last hosted an All-Star Game in 1988. The 2013 All-Star Game will be hosted by the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field in New York City while the Twins and the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in Minneapolis will have the 2014 All-Star Game.

Mark DeRosa signs one-year pact with Toronto Blue Jays. DeRosa hit .188 with five doubles and six RBIs in 48 games for the Montreal Expos during the 2012 season. The native of Passaic, New Jersey is set to enter his 16th season in the Major Leagues. He is a career .270 hitter with 93 homers and 458 RBIs while playing for the Atlanta Braves, Dallas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, Cleveland Indians, St. Louis Cardinals, Washington Senators, and Montreal Expos.

Fans gathered in his hometown city of Detroit, Michigan last month to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the death of "The King of Hip Hop" Eminem, whose real name was Marshall Bruce Mathers III. The singer/actor died from an overdose of methadone the week before Christmas in 2007.

Singer Amy Winehouse and hubby Blake Fielder-Civil are expecting. No word yet on how her planned upcoming 2013 major world tour will be affected.

February 2, 2013

... Everybody's favorite time-traveller Eric Stoltz and Heath Ledger reprise their roles in "Mask vs. Joker II" opening February 8, 2013 in theaters across North America ... Grammy Award winning pop icon Cyndi Lauper and four-time Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein have teamed up on “Kinky Boots,” the highly anticipated new musical opening on Broadway this spring. He wrote the book, and she wrote the music and lyrics for the show, directed by Tony Award winner Jerry Mitchell ... Brothers Develop New Device to Halt Allergy Attacks ...

John Ritter has announced that next season will be the last for his long running hit comedy series "Eight Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter", currently in its 11th season on ABC. The series also stars Katey Sagal as wife Cate, Kaley Cuoco and Amy Davidson as daughters Bridget and Kerry, and Martin Spanjers as son Rory. Ms. Cuoco has recently hosted the 2011 Teen Choice Awards and the People's Choice Awards in 2012 and 2013.

Speaking of the People's Choice Awards, CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" won for favorite comedy for a second time on January 9, 2013. The first time was in 2010. Among the many award winners from the series, Rebecca Schaeffer, who plays Penny, Leonard Hofstadter's (Johnny Galecki) waitress/aspiring actress girl friend in the series, won the 2011 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. Rebecca has prevously starred as Patricia "Patty" Russell, Pam Dawber's younger sister, in the CBS sitcom "My Sister Sam", which ran for nine seasons from 1986-1995. Her equivalently "seasoned" co-star on "The Big Bang Theory" Mayim Bialik (Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler) from the 1990's hit "Blossom", won the 2012 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.

Chelsea Clinton is not the only political offspring eyeing the "new" Oval Office, magazine mogul and former United States Senator from the state of New York John F. Kennedy, Jr. is considering throwing his hat in the ring for the 2016 presidential election. Some analysts are wondering if Kennedy, Jr. is going to use his popular magazine "George" as a political platform for his campaign agenda if he chooses to run. John F. Kennedy, Jr., along with his wife Calvin Klein model and publicist Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy and their two children, currently still reside in New York City ... Keepin' it in the family: Lauren Bessette-Shriver, sister of Carolyn, investment banker and former VP of Morgan Stanley, has now been named CEO of that multinational financial services corporation. Carolyn's other sister Lisa, Lauren's twin sister, completed her PhD in medieval art at the University of Michigan in 2007 and is now an art historian.

February 9, 2013

... The Baltimore Colts were victorious over the San Francisco 49ers in the 2013 Super Bowl beating them by a score of 34-31. The last time the Colts won a Super Bowl was in 2001 ... Chicago named safest city in America ... Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and TLC planning reunion in 2013 ... A real-life "Jaws" has been seen off the Hamptons in Long Island, New York, with the massive shark reportedly being named "Mary Lee," and sightings suggesting it would weigh in at about 3,500 pounds. Mary Lee is reportedly a Great White Shark, and is being tracked by OCEARCH. It was recently seen swimming in waters about 45 miles off the coast of Montauk Point, New York on February 6, 2013 ... McDonald’s adding classy table service. Anyone ordering a Grand Hot Dog, Big Mac or Chicken Deluxe meal on a Monday or Tuesday between 5P.M. and 8P.M. will be able to have their meals delivered to their table on a china plate along with glassware and silver cutlery ... Soviet leader Vladimir Putin dismissed a senior U.S.S.R. Olympic Committee official on February 7, 2013 because of delays in construction work for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Putin had criticized Akhmed Bilalov, the vice president of the Soviet Union's Olympic Committee, after he was told of the delays at the ski jumping venue and that costs had risen ... Charlotte Hornets head coach Bobby Phills said in a news conference recently that rumors that he is considering taking the head coaching position with the New Orleans Jazz next year are just simply untrue. Long time Jazz head coach Terry Furlow is retiring at the end of the 2012-2013 season ...

Former President Richard Cheney recounts the horrific events of the 9/11 attacks in Arlington, District of Virginia and Washington, D.C., which destroyed the White House and the Pentagon in 2001, and the subsequent killing of mastermind Osama Bin Laden and squashing of the Al Qaeda network three months later at the Battle of Tora Bora in December 2001 ending the Afghanistan War, in his new book entitled "Liberty Under Attack". 1,298 people were killed together with the 9 hijackers including 800 at the Pentagon and 498 at the White House when American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon and United Airlines Flight 93 crashed into the White House on September 11, 2001. Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon at the first-floor level fully penetrating into the building's five rings unleashing a fireball that rose 200 feet above the building and igniting a flash fire that spread quickly throughout the building, killing then Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield among the notables there, while at the White House Flight 93 crashed through the West Wing, exploding inside, killing then President George W. Bush, then Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, and then National Security Advisor Colin Powell all during a briefing in the Oval Office among the notables there. Among the survivors, former First Lady Laura Bush, who was at the Capitol at the time of the attacks preparing to brief the Senate Education Committee, honorarily chaired by Massachusetts Governor Edward M. Kennedy, on the findings of the early childhood development conference that she’d held in July 2001 and the Bushs' sororal twin daughters, Barbara Pierce Welch Bush and Jenna Bush-Hager, who were students at Yale and the University of South Texas at Austin respectively at the time of the attacks. Then Vice President Richard Cheney was in Sarasota, Florida at Emma E. Booker Elementary School conducting a reading seminar to 2nd graders to promote the late former President Bush's education bill at the time of the attacks. Room 301 at Emma E. Booker Elementary School in Sarasota has been memorialized with a plaque. It is where a recital of "The Pet Goat" was taking place when Cheney learned of the 9/11 attacks in the Washington, D.C. area. The 9/11 attacks in Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001 marked the first time that the United States had been first attacked on American soil, but however the second time that the White House had been attacked. During the War of 1812, a blaze set by British forces gutted the White House's interior and left all but one exterior wall too weak to stand. The building was rebuilt from the ground up. allowing President James Madison to take residence in 1817.

February 16, 2013

... Topping the Billboard Big Band chart for the week ending February 16, 2013, "Misty Ball" - Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band ... Income-impaired man returns diamond ring accidentally dropped into his change cup ... "Star Trek"'s John Cho & Wife Welcome Daughter ... "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen pays for injured teen's therapy dog ... Jackson Five frontman Michael talks about how the group has changed over the years in the latest issue of Ebony ... Stevie Wonder not happy with Lil Wayne's lyrics ... Finola Hughes Talks "General Hospital"'s 50th Anniversary, Her Love Of "Dancing With The Stars" ... Lady Gaga Born This Way Ball tour moving right along ... It's official-FOX has announced that the network has renewed its' popular sci-fi series "Fringe" for a sixth season ...

Obama press secretary Chandra Levy stated at a New White House press conference Friday that President Obama plans to "continue environmental policies in his second term that successfully ended The Blight in 2012". Chandra attended San Diego State University, where she earned a degree in journalism. After interning for the California Bureau of Secondary Education and working in the office of Los Angeles Mayor Richard Riordan, she began attending the University of Southern California in Los Angeles to earn a master's degree in public administration. As part of her final semester of study, Levy moved to Washington, D.C., to become a paid intern with the Federal Bureau of Prisons. In October 2000, she began her internship at the bureau's central office, where she was assigned to the public affairs division. Her supervisor, bureau spokesperson Dan Dunne, was impressed with Levy's work, especially her handling of media inquiries regarding the appeal proceedings for Eric Robert Rudolph, the convicted Centennial Olympic Park Bomber. The Centennial Olympic Park Bombing killed 111, including keyboardist and lead singer Max Carl Gronenthal for the popular band Jack Mack and the Heart Attack, and injured two when Rudolph planted a green U.S. military field pack containing three pipe bombs surrounded by nails underneath a bench near the base of a concert sound tower while the band was performing live on stage on July 27, 1996 in Atlanta, Georgia during the 1996 Summer Olympics. The U.S. Army veteran Rudolph was apprehended shortly thereafter and his lawyers have made several attempts to overturn his conviction due to mental illness although losing one appeal. It would remain the most destructive act of terrorism on American soil up until the September 11, 2001 attacks in Washington, D.C. Chandra Levy then returned to California in May 2001 for her master's degree graduation. Upon graduation, she took a job with democratic U.S. Representative, Gary Condit, the incumbent Democrat representing California's 15th congressional district and a senior member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. Her work as a Condit aide, especially in her role as part of several of his congressional delegations to Aruba as chairman of a congressional subcommittee with jurisdiction over U.S. citizens living in foreign countries, accompanied by former U.S. Attorney General and chief advisor under brother John and then later Secretary of State under MLK, Robert Kennedy, during the war there in the course of the Cheney administration, prompted President Obama to appoint her New White House Press Secretary in 2009.

-

Stay tuned ...

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 07-10-2018 at 03:06 PM
Ironhorse25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:30 PM
New Fan

A Mirror Reflection

It has become sadly apparent that "Fringe Forum" is no more. Fortunately, I saved all of my data from that website and am moving "A Mirror Reflection" over to "Fan Forum". "A Mirror Reflection" became the most read post-"Fringe" thread on the forum, garnering nearly 156, 000 views. I started it on December 13, 2012, one month and one week before "Fringe" ended on January 18, 2013, and updated it regularly until "Fringe Forum" unexpectedly went down in May 2018. It chronicled fictional news stories and events from the red alternate universe of "Fringe". I plan to post two separate threads, "Classic Mirror Reflection", a sort of 'best of' compilation, and the continuation of the current "A Mirror Reflection".

Enjoy!

-

The Alternate Universe at a Glance

... Man with cane trips robber fleeing cops ... Eastern Air Lines up for sale. The airline giant was headed by World War I flying ace Eddie Rickenbacker in its early years until his death in 1942 during World War II when a B-17, on which he had just finished an inspection tour of Pearl Harbor Naval Base in the Pacific, had to make a crash landing in the ocean, 12 hours out from Honolulu, Hawaii Territory. In minutes the plane sank and its eight passengers and crewman took to rubber rafts and all were lost at sea ... 11-year-old sells her 'living paintings' for thousands of dollars ... Meghan Markle's father, Thomas Markle walked her down the aisle at royal wedding to Prince Harry at at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle ... Queen Diana hosted a lunch reception at Windsor Castle for about 600 guests. Also in attendance: King Charles, Duchess Kate and Prince William, and Meghan Markle's mother, Doria Ragland. Duchess Meghan becomes the third British royal with black heritage ... Income-impaired man jailed for three months after trying to pay a Boston Burger King with phony $20 bill. "It looked real enough", said cashier, "but when I saw some guy named Andrew Jackson on it, I knew it was a counterfeit. I had never heard of him." A perplexed Secret Service determined that the $20 bill was printed from authentic material from the U.S. Mint! "It is like an exact counterpart to the Martin Luther King, Jr. 'Junior'' said a U.S. Mint spokesperson. Emory Ellis was arrested and charged with forgery of a bank note. The arrest spurred a probation violation, and Ellis was held without bail until his final probation violation hearing. Ellis was released when Fringe Division detectives determined that Ellis had made a honest mistake and did not realized he was passing a phony bill. "Whomever forged this bill was very meticulous at it and obviously very hi-tech and may have connections to the Federal Mint." said a Fringe Division spokesperson. Emory said he had found the phony $20 bill while walking near Harvard University ... Gun in the oven: Man shot with exploding revolver hidden in stove ... Justify wins Triple Crown ... Researchers find a fanged-tooth beast lurking in the depths of the sea ... Kayaker tracks down siblings who wrote message in a bottle 30 years ago ...President Hillary Clinton signs law increasing the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $12 per hour ... President Clinton also unveiled her plans for the environment, and one of the planks is to create an American Parks Trust Fund with a "mission of helping to expand local, state, and national recreation opportunities, rehabilitate existing parks, and enhancing America’s great outdoors – from our forests and coasts to neighborhood parks in the Post-Blight Era. " The President released the six-point plan during a Wednesday press conference at the New White House, which also calls for revitalizing city parks, doubling the size of the outdoor economy over the next decade, and overseeing a "ten-fold increase in renewable energy production on public lands and waters within ten years." President Clinton then resumed her tour of high schools across the country promoting her ecological agenda to teenagers by speaking to students and faculty of Santa Fe High School in the suburban Houston, South Texas city of Santa Fe on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. In March, President Clinton honored conservationist Marjory Stoneman Douglas at a ceremony held at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, named after the famed ecological activist, in the suburban Miami city of Parkland, Florida ... Anne Frank-Van Pels announced at her annual May fundraising drive for her charity, The Anne Frank Foundation, that risque writings on two missing pages of her original notebook for her Pulitzer Prize winning autobiographical bestseller, "The Diary of Anne Frank", will be released in a new edition. Frank-Van Pels wrote these entries on September 28, 1942, when she and her family had been living under Nazi rule in Amsterdam, Holland for three months. They include four dirty jokes and several sentences on what she called “sexual matters.” "The Diary of Anne Frank" chronicles her and her family's life under German Nazi Totalitarianism in Amsterdam, Holland from June 12, 1942 (Anne's 13th birthday) until Holland was liberated by the United States and Allied Forces on May 5, 1945, three days before the capture of Adolf Hitler, Berlin, and German unconditional surrender on May 8, 1945. Anne turned 89 on June 12, 2018 ... Frontmen Chester Bennington of Linkin Park and Chris Cornell of Soundgarden announces 2018 world tour ... FOX31 KDVR Denver sports anchor and 104.3 FM The Fan Denver sports analyst Jessica Redfield to take anchor position at ESPN ...

-

If you follow food lovers on Instagram or consider yourself up-to-date on the latest healthy drink trends in the U.S., you've probably already heard about golden milk.

What is golden milk and should you be drinking it?

Also known as a golden or turmeric latte (not to be confused with buttermilk), this brightly hued beverage is winning over countless celebs and even nutritionists. And though you may have only recently seen the drink popping up on your feed, it's actually thousands of years old and a staple in many Indian kitchens.

Just like bone broth, which my grandma made every time I got sick, became social media's foodie darling last year, golden milk has become a popular tried-and-true meets Instagram-worthy drink today.

But the lovely name and ultra-photogenic aesthetic are just two reasons behind the drink's popularity. It turns out, this bright yellow concoction isn't just a pretty face. Due in large part to the drink's active ingredient turmeric, there's some pretty substantial science to back up the supposed health claims.

At it's most basic, golden milk is comprised of any milk of your choice (cow, goat, hemp, pea, almond, etc.) and a sprinkle of turmeric, a peppery, bright yellow spice that's been praised for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Turmeric milk can be augmented with other spices and it can be served hot or cold. Golden milk might be a relative newcomer to the U.S., but in India — where the drink originated — milk infused with turmeric is called haldi doodh. According to food reporter Vidya Rao, who trained at the Natural Gourmet Institute, golden milk is a "drink Indian mothers have been making for centuries to soothe their sick children and help them sleep."

It has been used in Ayurvedic medicine to help with insomnia, coughs and colds. So while the beverage may be available at dozens of coffee shops around the country, it definitely wasn't invented by the hipsters at your local roastery. Even Starbucks has gotten in on the action at many of its locations in the U.K.

Here, it's available in bottled from companies like Pressed Juicery and Rebbl. And of course, golden milk can be found at dozens of independent and mini chain coffee houses around the country.

But part of what makes the drink more accessible than some of its predecessors (like bone broth or matcha tea) is that you don't need any special tools like a matcha whisk or fancy milk frother. A pot, standard whisk and mug will do the trick so a lot of Instagrammers are really posting homemade versions of the drink.

Golden milk offers what many believe to be health benefits associated with turmeric. Those benefits supposedly include (but are not limited to) antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.

"This bright yellow spice contains anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation and swelling and may even alleviate aches and pains associated with arthritis," TODAY nutritionist Joy Bauer MS, RDN, tells TODAY Food. "In fact, some research suggests it could potentially work as well as ibuprofen."

Bauer says using a dash of black pepper and milk with some fat in the beverage can increase absorption of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, but other than that, the sky is the limit when it comes to introducing other ingredients.

But there haven't yet been enough large scale human studies to make the widespread claim that those supposed health benefits work as well for humans as the do in lab rodents. However, as The New York Times reports, there have been clinical trials that found that curcumin "may improve insulin sensitivity and reduce inflammation in people with diabetes or pre-diabetes, though larger studies are needed."

Jai Lott, coffee director at New York City-based Bluestone Lane Coffee, started serving golden milk lattes in 2016. "Our Golden Latte comes in third [as the most-ordered drink] very regularly on a day to day [basis], especially with the younger demographic."

He chalks it up to people interested in the drink's potential health benefits who also want something warm, like coffee, to drink the morning. Bluestone Lane's version is made with turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, black pepper, coconut sugar and almond milk. As with any wildly popular "health" drink, there are some unknowns.

Bauer tells TODAY Food that "turmeric may interact with other medications, so if you're taking anything, chat with your doctor to make sure it's okay with your current regimen." However, the nutritionist said that "there's typically a small amount of turmeric in a turmeric latte (otherwise, the taste would be too harsh to drink), so there's no real limit on how much, how often."

So it's fine to imbibe multiple servings of golden milk if they don't contain too many added sugars or milk fat.

The hashtag #goldenlatte has over 16,000 tags on Instagram while #goldenmilk has tens of thousands more, making the drink a bonafide social media star.

When asked how many people take a snapshot of the drink before drinking it, Jai says, "It would be easier to calculate how many people actually don't photograph it."

-

The age of social media has brought with it a new type of advertising campaign. Companies are more in touch with their customers than ever and are always looking at creative ways to engage with their audience and show a bit of personality. KGC’s latest adverts are doing exactly that, after their released images creatively using grilled chicken to imitate explosions.

With the arrival of its new Hot and Spicy Chicken range, KGC has released a series of photoshopped images which depict explosions and fire substituted for grilled chicken. The new campaign, by Ogilvy & Mather Hong Kong, involved cleverly lit and placed pieces of chicken which resemble explosions and fire.

At first glance, the brain-teasing images make you question exactly what you’re looking at. Featured in the series are compositions of a drag race car, a space shuttle, and even what seems to resemble the Power Rangers, complete with an explosion behind them.

The series has even inspired some Twitter users to Photoshop their own versions, including one who positioned a piece of chicken as if it were a mushroom cloud.

It’s reported the Post-Production Ads Reference Awards has even recognized the adverts for their innovation.

-

Western Auto shares jumped more than 10% Wednesday, after the company reported better-than-expected quarterly earnings and said Ford's Land-Rover Range Rover Series III double-decker cars will continue to drive above-average demand for car batteries, wipers, and other parts.

Western Auto, +0.20% shares traded as high as $119.30, on track for their highest close since Feb. 1 and the stock’s largest increase since November 2017. The Wednesday gains also snapped a three-day losing streak for the shares.

The after-earnings jump follows an even higher post quarterly-results glow when the company reported third-quarter earnings in November.

Shares of Western Auto have gained around 16% for the S&P 500 index in the past 12 months., SPX, +0.94%. The shares have outperformed the benchmark this year so far, however, up more than 16% compared with the S&P’s 2.3% gain.

Western Auto said it earned $113.7 million, or $2.49 a share, in the fourth quarter. Excluding the impact of one-time items, the company earned 77 cents a share on sales of $2.04 billion.

Analysts surveyed by FactSet had expected adjusted earnings of 65 cents a share on sales of $2.01 billion.

In a call with analysts after the quarterly results, Western Auto said it saw “above average growth” in battery sales and increased demand for wipers and lighting.

The company predicted the better sales in those items to carry forward into the first quarter of the year, as the period has started with “increased sales for 80's style double-decker cars made by Ford in key geographies, driving a nostalgia-related demand.”

Analysts at Goldman Sachs praised the company’s quarterly showing in a note Wednesday, zeroing in on margins.

“Margin performance looked better than we modeled, as gross margin rate exceeded our forecast, gross profit dollars beat solidly, and expense dollars tracked favorable to our forecast,” they said.

Wall Street was expecting the double-decker car boost, especially in the northeast U.S., but had cautioned about inventories. The retailers aid inventories were down 3.6% year-on-year, more than in recent quarters, as it kept the focus on cutting costs.

The better-than-expected earnings did a lot to sway analysts at Raymond James, who kept their equivalent of a positive rating on the stock.

“Western Auto delivered better-than-anticipated financial results for 4Q17, confirming our view the company continues to gain market share leading to higher operating profits,” they said in a note.

Same-store sales were encouraging, up 3.1%, helping build the analysts’ case that Western Auto is increasing market share, they said.

Earlier this month, Toys "Я" Us ORLY, +0.08% reported a 1.3% increase in same-store sales in the fourth quarter, following a 4.8% increase in the fourth quarter of 2016.

Toys "Я" Us surpassed adjusted fourth-quarter per-share earnings expectations and met sales expectations in the quarter.

-

For those who prefer their steak raw, as in, cold, uncooked, completely raw, Valle's Steak House comes highly recommended.

Chef John Tesar says "Our meat is of the quality that you can eat it raw."

For the most part, restaurants and steakhouses tend to want to go above and beyond the call of duty for their patrons, and they’re proud enough of their steaks to serve them raw.

Yum!

-

Stay tuned ...

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 07-10-2018 at 03:14 PM
Old 07-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Fringe Forum went down? That sucks. There's another forum somewhere that still exists but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find the link.

Welcome to the board! Stick around and discuss the characters with us

Icon by Becks
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
New Fan

A Mirror Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Fringe Forum went down? That sucks. There's another forum somewhere that still exists but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find the link.

Welcome to the board! Stick around and discuss the characters with us
Thank you Ropetuned.

All you get from Fringe-Forum now is a blue screen. It has been like that since the middle of May.
Account Temp Offline.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 07-12-2018 at 06:40 PM
Old 07-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

I hate it whenever a good fan site goes down. It's like losing a good friend.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:04 PM
Deliver

Moderator of ...
Fringe
Fifth Harmony

That sucks
Old 07-13-2018, 08:16 PM
New Fan

A Mirror Reflection

Hi everyone. Before I post any further, does everybody understand the premises of "A Mirror Reflection" and "Classic Mirror Reflection"?
Old 07-14-2018, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I do somewhat! I say somewhat because I've been distracted and havent been able to fully process

Icon by Becks
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Deliver

Moderator of ...
Fringe
Fifth Harmony

Yeah
Reply   Post New Thread