Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2020, 01:40 PM
Total Fan

A Mirror Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It was hard enough seeing part of the Pentagon damaged. I can't imagine the whole thing being destroyed. It is one HUGE building. It seems impossible that it could be destroyed by a single plane.
I believe that only American Airlines Flight 77 was flown into the Pentagon in the alternate universe based on clues "Fringe" gave us, not just wishful thinking on my part.

First off, co-creator Roberto Orci said in a 2009 interview:

"You only want to change something if there's a really good thematic reason to have it be different," Orci said in a group interview Thursday in Pasadena, Calif. "It can't just be 'red is blue' just for fun. Let it really resonate, because it's something major, like what you see in that paper. Things like, 'Oh my God, that's different.' We're trying to have the big events in history altered. So Kennedy's alive, the World Trade Center is standing, some of these things that are hopeful in a way, actually."

In other words, I believe what he was trying to say is that the alternate universe was somewhat 'better'. So given that context, the alternate 9/11 could have been 'smaller'.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/get_a_closer_look_at_frin

Second, the Twin Towers were not hit in the 9/11 attacks, which is a pretty sure bet American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 weren't either.

Third, I believe this to be probable because of something Walternate said to Peter in ("Over There Part 2"):

Clue: SECRETARY BISHOP: That's fair enough. But there have been break-throughs on the the other side in science and engineering that -- that we haven't achieved yet. And these are things that you understand. The schematic I left with your mother...?

I believe Walternate was referring to the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon and the White House.

Since the original alternate Pentagon could have been shoddily constructed, Flight 77's impact and the collateral damage resulting from that, could have brought it down.

"Fringe" never discloses that the alternate 9/11 attack on the Pentagon was much worse with many more casulties, being completely destroyed in the alternate universe, only alludes to it by showing a blueprint of the 'new Pentagon' in "Jacksonville".

Notice how small the building's blueprint is (could have just been Annex IV, however).

Fringe Episode 214: "Jacksonville" - Fringe214-026 - Fringe Files

If the original alternate Pentagon was that small, one plane could have definitely destroyed it.

And since the new Pentagon was patterned after the original in the alternate universe, it was.

Our Pentagon:

Alternate Pentagon:

Fringe Episode 512: "Liberty" - Fringe512Liberty0004327 - Fringe Files

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 10-14-2020 at 06:51 PM
Old 10-09-2020, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is no scale on that picture, so you can't really tell how large the building is. It does, however, have 3 tiers as opposed to the current Pentagon's 5, so it's likely it is somewhat smaller. Even with that, it would still spread across a very large bit of real estate - in other words, it is large horizontally. A large reason why the Twin Towers were destroyed is because they are large vertically. The extremely hot fires spread quickly to nearly engulf the affected floors. It also super-heated the support beams which caused those floors to collapse and then pancake down through the remaining floors. It would be much more difficult for the fire from a single plane to travel through the entire breadth of the Pentagon and destroy the entire building. Depending on where the plane hit, it's possible that one side would be destroyed, or possibly two. But unless virtually nothing was done to control the fire, it would not have spread to the other sections. Even the one side of the building that was hit in this universe, only a small part of the center that side was destroyed. Parts of that section were virtually untouched.

One outside possibility would be if the plane skimmed the top of the building, damaging and setting fire to the top one or two floors on two opposite sides. But even with that, it's likely only those two sides would be destroyed and not the entire building.

~Heidi
Old 10-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Total Fan

If the building had been constructed poorly, flash fires and dense smoke could have permeated the complex as a result of the plane's impact.

Theoretically speaking, let's say that American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 were flown into the Pentagon along with American Airlines Flight 77. Would even three planes have been enough to bring down the building if the original complex was as huge and sturdy as ours?

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 10-09-2020 at 07:01 PM
Old 10-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse25 (View Post)
If the building had been constructed poorly, flash fires and dense smoke could have permeated the complex as a result of the plane's impact.

Theoretically speaking, let's say that American Airlines Flight 11 and United Airlines Flight 175 were flown into the Pentagon along with American Airlines Flight 77. Would even three planes have been enough to bring down the building if the original complex was as huge and sturdy as ours?
Possible, but unlikely. A lot would depend on where and how they hit. The fact is that a five story building, spread over the equivalent of a few city blocks is just not going to come down like buildings that have a small footprint and are over 100 stories tall.

~Heidi
Old 10-10-2020, 06:45 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Possible, but unlikely. A lot would depend on where and how they hit. The fact is that a five story building, spread over the equivalent of a few city blocks is just not going to come down like buildings that have a small footprint and are over 100 stories tall.
So you think more planes were invovled?
Old 10-11-2020, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If three planes hit, then it's possible that while the building wouldn't be completely destroyed, they would opt to demolish it and build new rather than try to fix major damage on three sides. Often, fixing damage - especially if it's extensive - is more costly than rebuilding. A rebuild would also have the advantage of letting them modernize the entire building. The Pentagon was built in the 1940s and while I'm sure they've upgraded often, it's still a pretty old building.

~Heidi
Old 10-11-2020, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

Make sense. Very plausible version.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Total Fan

A Mirror Reflection

Red World news tidbits

from the Alternate Universe of Fringe

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

-

... President Hillary Clinton win re-election ... Republican candidate Ivanka Trump finishes close second ... Third-place Federalist candidate Bernie Sanders quotes The Terminator, "I'll Be Back" ... Brooklyn Dodgers win World Series at New Ebbets Field ... Seattle Sounders win third MLH (Major League Hitball) Cup in last four years ... Brittany Murphy set to make cameo in upcoming "Clueless" sequel "Clueless: Brain Dead" ... Eddie Van Halen, David Lee Roth announce 2021 Van Halen/Billie Eilish world tour ... Halloween celebrations around the world ... Trick-or-treater finds wedding ring at bottom of candy bag ... Thanksgiving hens for the income-impaired ... Subway owner Jared Fogel: "I see robots when I sleep" ... Eight-year old box of Twinkies ... New San Diego Zoo offers $2,100 reward for missing genetically resurrected saber-toothed tiger ... Japanese synthetic avocados purchased at $9.6G for a single crate ... 'Tropical' bird turns out to be a seagull someone dyed electric blue ... Hot spring chicken: 3 cited for Cooking chickens in a Yellowstone hot spring ... Under the hood: 10-foot Burmese python found in Florida car ... Creepy, snake-sized invasive worm spotted in the District of Virginia ... Gotham Air 'flight to nowhere' sells out in 10 minutes ... Woman in labor makes her husband stop at elections office so she can vote first ... 32-year-old message in a bottle found in Canadian lake ... Hikers find message dropped by passenger pigeon in 1970 ... Southern British Columbia state cat hitches 2,500-mile ride to the U.S. territory of Alaska ... Man caught walking stuffed dog in Czechoslovakia ... Australian Olympic figure skater and Soviet defector Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya to compete at the 2022 Winter Olympics in Peking, China. The 20-year-old competed for the country alongside skating partner Harley Windsor at the 2018 PyeongChang, Korea Olympics and placed 18th ...

-

Do you love eating out? Do you like eating at fancy posh restaurants? Many top restaurants have unique themes and styles but none are as unique and different as this one!

Most restaurants are the same with just a few small differences in the way they operate or the style of the restaurant or the food they sell.

But this restaurant that is so unique you need to wear a safety harness to eat in it. The restaurant in Brussels, Belgium is known as the Dinner in the Sky. The restaurant can seat up to an incredible 22 diners.

Along with the 22 paying customers there are 5 members of staff serving the food and drinks. The table can be folded up to save space on slow nights. This makes the platform easier to transport, the weight of the platform is an incredible 5 tons going to 7 tons when it is loaded with pots and people.

The restaurant is basically a table area which has 22 seats and can be rotated 180 degrees while in the air. Safety is paramount and each seat comes with a four point seat belt. You certainly do not want to be falling out of that thing!

The whole restaurant is lifted into the air using a 120 ton crane which has 5 axis and takes two hours to prepare. It takes just one hour to wrap everything up.

The Dinner in the Sky comes with toilets which are on the ground, it takes a minute to get down to the ground for a toilet break. There is also heating, TV screens, lighting and a sound system. People who hire the restaurant can show a custom banner.

The company is also being hired out for various events and they are offering ‘Marriage in the Sky’, ‘Lounge in the Sky’ and ‘Showbiz in the Sky’ deals. This is an incredible and unique business venture and you may not make this place your regular dining establishment but eating out in the air above Brussels at least once is a dining experience I would certainly try.

-

MTV blue jeans are here! Only at participating J.P. Snodgrass locations.

They are Levi’s jeans with a MTV logo patch sewn on the right back pocket.

The price is right too. Only 19.50 a pair.

Get yours while they last!

MTV Music Television - All Videos All the Time

-

Oreos will survive the apocalypse.

The threat of asteroids striking the Earth and causing a global catastrophe has inspired some groups to build bunkers to not only protect survivors but also to ensure the safety of certain plants and animals. Now, the makers of Oreo have ensured that the popular snack will live past any possible asteroid strikes.

In a video published on its YouTube page, Oreo says it was inspired by the Global Seed Vault in Svalbard, Norway. According to the seed vault’s website, it is a storage facility for various seeds that has been designed and built to withstand both natural and manmade disasters. It is located in the Arctic Circle.

Oreo's Global OREO Vault, built near the Svalbard seed vault in Svalbard, Norway.

According to Oreo’s video, the vault was also created specifically in regards to Asteroid 2018VP1, which has a slight chance of hitting Earth’s atmosphere on Nov. 2. While it’s unlikely that the asteroid would even survive entering the atmosphere, Oreo apparently isn’t taking any chances.

Oreo explained the vault and how it’s protecting Oreos on its Twitter account. According to one post, “Each cookie pack is wrapped in protective Mylar which can keep our cookies safe from temperatures of -80°F to 300°F.”

Each cookie pack is wrapped in protective Mylar.

In another post, Oreo explains that the vault also contains vials of powdered milk, which reportedly only need to have powdered snow added before being ready to have Oreos dunked in it.

Oreo has provided the coordinates of the vault, 78°08’58.1″N, 16°01’59.7″E, which places it near the Svalbard seed vault. According to a tweet from the cookie maker, however, there is a coded lock on the door, ensuring the contents are saved for an apocalyptic event.

-

Stay Tuned ...

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 11-23-2020 at 01:21 PM
Old 11-21-2020, 06:44 PM
Total Fan

A Mirror Reflection

The Fringe Fan Fiction Thread #1 has just surpassed 30, 000 views on 187 posts. I believe this to be the highest view count for any thread since the forum began. Thanks for reading!
Old 11-22-2020, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

~Heidi
Old 12-04-2020, 08:26 PM
New Fan

Have a new fanfic for the series. I wondered, when Peter came back, did he come back different? I posted it on fanfic.net. It's called, My son, my son. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13731816/1/My-Son-My-Son. Working on another one that came to me watching the rhubarb pie restaurant scene in "Welcome to Westfield". It's a story with the Bishop boys. It's going to be called, "Forever and a day." Hope you all like it.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

I’ll give it a try!

Fan fic has never really been my thing but why not
Old 12-10-2020, 12:05 PM
New Fan

I just started posting a new fanfic, it's called Forever, in a Day. As the Bishops investigate the body of a ninety-year old man found in the river, they are told that he is really in his thirties. They are soon caught in a deadly fringe event. It's road trip for the Bishop men. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1376586...rever-in-a-Day
Old 12-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds interesting. Thanks for posting and welcome to FanForum!

~Heidi
Old 12-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Sounds interesting. Thanks for posting and welcome to FanForum!
I concur.