Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Fringe ~ It left an indelible mark on our souls. An imprint that can never be erased. "

(Saying Goodbye to Fringe)

x

Dear Fringies, our beloved show came to an end. It was an incredible journey, with lots of ups and also a few downs.
As with everything in life, it's the people that make the occasions and the events special. Our show is no exception.
It was the people in front and behind the cameras that put this little show with the most incredible fanbase in our hearts.
A lot has been written and a lot will still be written about Fringe and its magnificent cast. We would like to hear from you,
the people that accompanied us throughout these years, sharing feelings, ideas, hopes. Let us know what Fringe meant to you,
what were your expectations, what these characters and actors brought to your life. Or simply say goodbye.
But let us tell you that this is not the end of our board. We still have lots of ideas and surprises to keep it active.
We just need you and your love for the show.
Keep visiting us
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will miss the series but happy they got to end it on there time .
Old 01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm so happy to have watched this show it was an amazing show I'm glad that we support this show and it eneded the way that they wanted to end it make it s much more better
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think this show was really special in how smart it was, but how it kept its heart throughout it all. It was a show about faith and love throughout it all.

I'll always love it, and I'm glad they gave us a proper ending. Thanks for all the laughs and tears Fringe.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Love the finale in every aspect.
I already miss the show. It's strange it feels like it didn't end.
It'll always remain in my heart

I don't know if Fringe will ever do a movie one day, but it'd be possible.
If they don't, at least we have a lot to discuss

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolilly (View Post)
Love the finale in every aspect.
I already miss the show. It's strange it feels like it didn't end.
It'll always remain in my heart

I don't know if Fringe will ever do a movie one day, but it'd be possible.
If they don't, at least we have a lot to discuss
I know would of been amazing if they could have the opportunity to have a movie but it's nice that they did end on what the writers actor and fans wanted nit by the network cause that when it hurts the most
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started watching Fringe when I was living in the US and hating it. It had been a long dream of mine to live abroad and, once it happened, it was not at all what I expected, much less what I wanted it to be, specially the families I got to live with, all so cold and distant - some of them even horrible to me, at times. The worst of all, though, was feeling like I belonged nowhere. And the worse part was, I wanted to go to another country precisely because my entire life I felt like my place wasn't here and I needed to go find it. I was always different from everyone, in everything. So, I guess it made sense that I imediately identified with the characters of this show. Olivia, with her troubled life, Peter the nomad, and Walter with his crazy ways. It was like I could see a little bit of myself in each one of them. But I specially fell in love with Olivia, she became such a role model to me, of what a strong woman should be like, I hadn't seen any character like her before, and I had watched a lot of tv before Fringe. It was easy to get hooked on the show. It was a quiet moment to myself, just to myself, where I sat, with no one to disturb me, peaceful. And I was always happy after watching it. Maybe some would find this sad and pathetic, but I can honestly say this show helped me when I most needed it.

I moved so many times when I was living "over there" (I always say "there" when I mean the US, it was so hard I had a hard time even saying its name for a while) that it was hard for me to believe I'd ever find a place to call home again, because everytime I thought so, it was time to leave again. But that doesn't mean when I came back to my country everything was "home" again. It didn't feel like it at all. It was like everything was different, even if it was the same, and it was like everyone had moved on with their lives and I had had no participation in that at all, and that was just the weirdest feeling ever, they'd say "that was when you were over there". I felt lost. So, again, it was easy to identify to the recurring "over here/over there/going home" theme. I felt really close to what Olivia felt in season 3 and what Peter went through in season 4. I don't even know if I'm making sense to anyone who might be reading this, to be honest, though.

And finally, there are lots of lessons on the show that I've always loved not only because they're heartwarming and make us all hopeful, but because they are things that I've always thought to myself but had never EVER seen a show convey those messages without being cheesy - the idea that home is indeed where the heart is, with the people you love and that if you have that, nothing else matters; that there IS forgiveness, and hope, no matter what you've done in the past; that if you embrace what makes you different there's no end to what you can do.

I LOVE this show SO so much, I've loved it from beginning to end and will continue loving it forever, because it has, without a doubt, made my life much happier
Old 01-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for posting this thread Sofia. And thanks to all of you for sharing your sentiments about Fringe. I'm still too emotional to form a coherent post but the title of this thread truly sums up how I feel about the show.
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the good times fringe!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I'm completely hooked on a show when I care deeply for its characters. Olivia, Peter, Walter, Charlie, Nina, Lincoln, Astrid, Broyles, they were all like old friends that would visit every week. Not everything was perfect, but all the love and commitment everyone involved put on it made it a work of dedication to the fans. I'm deeply proud to have embarked on this incredible journey. A journey where I got to know actors that I will now follow with enthusiasm, and people that have become very dear to me.

I want to say thank you to all the writers, directors , crew and above all this magnificent cast for such a tremendous experience. You will forever be in my heart
Old 01-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, just wow! I can't believe that this is the end. When Fringe first came out, this board was opened and I used to post here, especially on episode discussion threads to talk about those episodes. That was good times. I will so very much miss this show and this will never be the same because not only is this show most of time serious but it comes with comedy especially with Walter. That's the most reason that I will miss about this show is his hilarious and his obsession with food. Yeah, like I said it'll never be the same! Just few hours ago, I realized that tonight was the first time that we had no Fringe episode and I was like this is so surreal, just...wow.

Anyways, I want to say that this show finally got everything right, Peter and Olivia finally got their happy ending they both deserved and I couldn't be happier than that and I wish that Walter was part of that happy ending but oh well. At least he sacrificed for their happiness and they would cherish that for rest of their lives. So I couldn't be happier and satisfied with the way this show ended. It was a great journey because this show kept it with decent writing and amazing kickass casts and that's what made this show so wonderful, the best. I even thought this show one of the best quality of the show. That's why I will miss it so much.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ok just watched the final crying in every way possible
Old 12-03-2020, 03:37 PM
Total Fan

"Fringe ~ It left an indelible mark on our souls. An imprint that can never be erased. "

Reviving a long-forgotten thread.

From September 1, 2008: Editing on the ‘Fringe’ New Series Offers More Storytelling Time

https://cinemontage.org/editing-on-the-fringe/
Old 12-03-2020, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

The editors were very busy people
Old 12-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting that they agreed to reduce commercials. I wonder how long they stuck with that.

~Heidi