Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was a decent stand alone episode, and the final scene was a WOW factor for me. Good cliffhanger to go into the hiatus.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Sometimes, we don't need anything too pattern-like or "Fringy" in each episode. Having all the layers put out for us makes it more interesting when it comes time to fill in the holes for more SciFi and creepy ones.

Was it just me, or was Walter only in the mirror when Young Peter saw him? Did he grab him through the portal of the mirror? I need to go back and check.

And, they couldn't find a kid that looked more like Josh? There are like a zillion photos of Peter as a child and that kid looked nothing like him. (In 2x01, there is a scene of Peter and that FBI agent where she's looking at Peter's kid photos. You don't see it in the shot, but I have a still at home that expands on the scene and it's flooded with photos from Josh's childhood.)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Was it just me, or was Walter only in the mirror when Young Peter saw him? Did he grab him through the portal of the mirror? I need to go back and check.
I don't know! I couldn't see either! GAH I was looking and saw Walter's face, but there was something in the way, like something hanging from the ceiling it looked like. I definitely have to go back and watch that last scene too.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Liked the episode, more X-Files-ish but still well done. Liked Sam's Yoda-like wisdom and Olivia's subconscious message from Charlie. And the whole dreaming subject awakened some of Peter's memories! I don't think the mirror was a portal, because at the very beginning of the dream scene you can hear the door opening and footsteps. I think the mirror shot was just used for atmosphere, and so they wouldn't have to try to make up Walter to look like he would have 20 years ago. There's some things going on in the mirror, but it's impossible to tell if there's any significance to them, or if it was just a result of the reflection and the moving camera.

And nice use of the Challenger poster as an AR marker. (Challenger exploded at the beginning of its tenth mission.) And the fact that in the 80s the shuttle program in the AR was at least a few years ahead of ours is also a reminder that the AR is just slightly ahead of us technologically.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Did anyone spot The Observer? He was in the background walking down the stairs at the hospital, right before Sam called Olivia.

ETA: Nevermind, I just noticed TO has his own thread ( why wouldn't he? ) and he was spotted. I usually don't look out for him but he was right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
He wasn't in the mirror, we just saw his reflection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
I don't know! I couldn't see either! GAH I was looking and saw Walter's face, but there was something in the way, like something hanging from the ceiling it looked like. I definitely have to go back and watch that last scene too.
Planets were hanging from the ceiling.

Last edited by Angelcakes_UK; 10-17-2009 at 04:57 AM
Old 10-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Elite Fan

^Thanks! Yeah I thought they were planets, or stars or something hanging from the ceiling.

Quote:
And nice use of the Challenger poster as an AR marker.
Ohhh I didn't even notice that! When I go back and watch the scene I'll have to look out for it.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome episode again! I love Fringe even more this season <3

Quote:
Did anyone spot The Observer?
I didn't!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

love the episode

but seriously I hate baseball even more now..
Bones and Fringe will be both in hiatus because of it

at least they'll be back for my bday

Jack&Kate | Mulder&Scully | Christian&Ana
Hook&Emma | Booth&Brennan | Fitz&Olivia
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I swear season two episode is getting BETTER and BETTER and BETTER!

I mean seriously, I kept falling in love with every single episode of this year! I think this year will be one of the best season ever! Yes, season one pwns my heart no matter what but gah, season two is getting there, getting to the top, you know. Here I was sitting on the edge of my seat by last 10 minutes of the show, incredible feeling.

Anyways, I was so happy when PO finally got to have conversation about her feeling toward Charlie because I hate how she brushed it off or pretend like nothing happened, you know but I was so happy that she trusted him enough to confide what she went through with him and all that. It was bittersweet because I miss him too so to hear her talking about him just made me so saddddd.

Walter and Astrid are so hilarious! Aww at her bringing homewarming gifts, that was so nice of her! I think she knew what Walter loves about food and drinks and everything considering he was obviously very thrilled to have those kind of food. And it was VERY first time to see her outside of lab because honestly I don't think I have seen her outside of her lab at all so it was so real to see her out and about.

And whole Agent Kashner passed out thing with Walter trying to convince Astrid to put something on him and be like, "Science is supposed to be fun so don't be such a grinch." It made me laugh when he said that and the way he showed his face expression is so hilarious! And with him seeing what he thought was so funny. I love him more and more as he knows how to crack some jokes. And one thing that shocked the hell out of me was Agent Kashner, omfg, I knew him from a soap opera show. He used to be on the show called Passions, so he left like realllly long time ago, maybe 10 years ago, at least, and it was sooo surreal when I first saw him. I couldn't recongize him when he was having a conversation with Peter, and then the camera panned his face, and I just froze...and I went back to that scene for the second time to re-confirm my suspicious, and BAM! there he was standing before him and talking. I was like oh..my...god! I sooooooo loved him so much from Passions because he was part of supercouple I used to obsess and hardcore-shippin them, so that was good times, and to see him, what a comeback.

The whole dreams thing is really wow, it's complicated, yeah, but I am glad things worked out in the end and I love that storyline because of all the puzzles and stuff putting together to make sense out of it, incredible.

The business card stuff, I thought that it was all about case and Olivia would have figured it out who did the whole thing behind, but nooo, it was all about Charlie's message to tell her by the end. It broke my heart even more when she wrote it down and burst out in tears. It was so sadddddddd.

Peter's dreams, omfg, seems like he's starting to suspect that something was so off, and to see Walter's face expression so concerned and worried when Peter told him about his dreams, yeah, he will find out soon enough and the truth will come out. Oh my...

So here we are on another hiatus, oh gaaaaah. No! I loooooove this show so to wait for couple more weeks, oh boy. I can't wait! But heyyy, at least the hiatus is not THAT long like last year, did we have like three months hiatus during Spring time or something? Yeah I hope this time, we won't have to worry about that. Hmm!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Loved the episode!

They really keep getting better. Of course I loved the P/O scene and that last scene... Definitely a good way to go into a hiatus.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
but seriously I hate baseball even more now..
Yeah, the 'world' series
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 02-24-2014, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Topped for the rewatch
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

25 minutes! I'm vacuuming the house right now so I should have my lunch and be ready by the time the rewatch starts!

Edit: Who's here?
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!

Last edited by kbcountry37; 03-01-2014 at 09:58 AM
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcountry37 (View Post)
25 minutes! I'm vacuuming the house right now so I should have my lunch and be ready by the time the rewatch starts!
I'm here and will push play on DVD in 3 minutes. Internet connection is dodgy today so I might be posting from iPhone. Excuse any typos, please!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcountry37 (View Post)
I am here and ready in two minutes. Kayla, hope you can boot up your computer in time.

I don't know how active I will be with chatting cause Peter is very distracting in this episode and I may find myself mesmerized from time to time.

icon credit: crash landing