Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

The "Didya ever notice..." thread for Fringe trivia and more

Ever noticed something funny or interesting on the show? This is the thread to share it with others. We're not looking for the official 'Easter eggs' but for things like references to other shows, background info behind names or dates, even bloopers. Feel free to get as geeky or as silly as you like.

To get us started, here are two things I noticed:

Didya ever notice the chess implication behind the name 'Bishop'? The two bishops a player has are the only figures that can never interact with each other, because one moves exclusively on the black and the other exclusively on the white fields. And the same with their counterparts, a bishop can only engage the one that moves on the same color fields as it does itself.

Didja ever notice (know) that 'Johari Window' is a psychological model? It was developed in the 1950's by American psychologists Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham. The model itself resembles a window with four panes and helps to create self-awareness and understand interpersonal relations.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

This is an interesting thread. Thanks for starting it Andrea.

I figured the Bishop name had something to do with chess but since I don't know how to play the game, I didn't make the connection to Fringe. Thanks for explaining that.

Didn't know about Johari Window either.
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 09-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting, Andrea.

I'm sure there are a few things that I noticed too, but right now I'm still trying to catch up with the overload of info from the last days and I can't think about this
Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT!

Very interesting about the name Bishop and Johari Window

Here's something I found that was interesting, especially for all of our Transformer fans.

Didya know that "Massive Dynamic", originally "Massive Dynamics", had been mentioned a few months before this series' debut, in leaked casting sheets for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen? Transformer writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci named "Massive Dynamics" after the fictional company "Massive Dynamic" from their television series Fringe.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I new that the company was originally named 'Massive Dynamics', but the part about it being used in the Transformers casting was new to me.

Didya ever notice that the two main villains in S 1-3 were both referred to with their full middle name? David Robert Jones and Thomas Jerome Newton. And did you know that both names are a nod in the direction of David Bowie? DRJ is his actual name, and TJN is the name of the character Bowie plays in the movie The Man Who Fell to Earth.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Just bumping the thread...

Did ya ever notice that Walter's father supposedly died years before his son was born? The headstone in The Arrival gives his year of death as 1944, and Walter was supposedly born in 1948.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh cool! I didn't realize that.

Didya ever notice that in "The Arrival" the photograph from the cylinder's appearance in 1987 clearly shows a Marine wearing digital pattern camouflage. Digital pattern camouflage was not issued to U.S. Marine forces until late 2003.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Oops, guess the wardrobe department didn't do their homework there. Good catch, Mary!

Didya ever notice that the name of William Bell's alias 'Dr. Paris' is the same as the character Leonard Nimoy played on the TV show Mission Impossible?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Absolute Fan

Since this thread isn't very active, I thought I would post this easter egg in here.

Quote:
Every episode of Fringe contains a hidden "next episode clue" that foreshadows something in the following episode. In the last Fringe episode "Making Angels", when the Kerry Watson leaves the liquor store (before she is killed by Neil Chung), there is a sign on the window for Quimby Irish Ale...

In the Fringe episode "Welcome To Westfield", the bike shop at the eye of the storm was on the corner of Quimby street:

PETER: Right. So, in order to find the bull's-eye... connect the points. Divide in half. Construct the perpendicular bisectors.
WALTER: And extend to their intersection -- in the center here.
PETER and WALTER: Cypress and Quimby.
X

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Slusho in "A Better Human Being"

Quote:
It's been a while since we've had a blatant Slusho sighting, but not only do we get a Slusho poster on the convenience store, but it looks like Slusho has a new product: Slusho Pops.

In case you are not familiar with the infamous J.J. Abrams drink, seen in Star Trek, Cloverfield, Heroes, and even Alias, check out the Slusho website at Slusho.com.
X

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 12-03-2020, 03:11 PM
Total Fan

The "Didya ever notice..." thread for Fringe trivia and more

This is a very interesting long-lost thread.
Old 12-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

I didn’t even know this existed
Old 12-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for digging this up!

~Heidi
Old 12-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I didn’t notice until well into my original viewing that the images in between breaks meant something
Old 12-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently there is a whole code behind the yellow dots.

~Heidi