Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

"The Box" [3.02] -- Episode Discussion

Episode 3.02 - "The Box"

Original Airdate: September 30th, 2010

WALTER COPES WITH CONSEQUENCES OF HIS CHOICES ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, ON FOX

The story alternates to the Fringe Team “over here” where they investigate a mystifying case that people are discovered in a trance-like state that ultimately leads to their death. The unlikely suspect: a mysterious box. As Peter and Walter collaborate to study its properties, alternate Olivia presses on and turns up the heat on an unsuspecting Peter. Meanwhile, key information about the future is revealed when Walter and Nina meet at Massive Dynamic for the emotional reading of the last will and testament of William Bell in the all-new “The Box” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Sept. 30 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

3.02 Promotional Photos - Fringe Television

Promos/Trailers:

Old 09-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait for tomorrow, WOOOOO!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

FRINGE “The Box” Season 3 Episode 2

FRINGE “The Box” Advance Review

Review | Fringe, ‘Olivia’ & ‘The Box’

Joshua Jackson teases 'Fringe' episode (Josh talks more about "The Box" episode)

Last edited by Seersha; 09-30-2010 at 02:50 PM
Old 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

hahaha a cow that gives chocolate milk
I missed you Walter!
--

so, the episode was good!
I felt so bad for Peter when he said he keeps seeing that picture when he closes his eyes
Olivia would say something totally diferent from what Bolivia said, it's getting really annoying to think what Olivia would do, say or how she would respond to him =/

ah, and Peter, your Olivia doesn't dance!
The only time she behaved like Olivia during the entire episode was when she run to save him from the train.
Aside from that, COMPLETELY different person.

They cut the "if we keep going we're not gonna be able to stop" line! I wanna see iiiit!!

and I missed seeing our Liv, but the promo for next week looks good!

Last edited by BehindGreenEyes; 09-30-2010 at 07:16 PM
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

This week's episode was pretty good! I LOVED seeing the old group back again. I've missed them SO MUCH. It was do awesome to see them all back together working cases again. I LOVED Walter and seeing him this week made me realize how much I truly adore our innocent, food-loving Walter. He's so different from Walternate but he jsut has this lovable side to him that can't be ignored.

The Walter/Astrid was SO CUTE tonight. He called her Aspirin again. The scene when she told him he looked lovely for Belly's reading of the will was adorable. And when he went to her house to show her that he know owns Massive Dynamic! AWW She was the first person he told! He's trusts her so much.

The Peter/Walter this episode was AMAZING. The scene when Walter was trying to tell his side of the story to Peter, OMG. JOHN NOBLE, YOU ARE SRSLY AN AMAZING ACTOR. Like I felt so bad for him. SO BAD. I loved seeing Walter be his kooky self tonight too. Trying to make chocolate milk, bacon flavored pudding, singing in the lab. OH WALTER BISHOP, I'VE MISSED YOU.

What Alt!Liv said in the bar to Peter about how being on the other side gave her a new perspective, etc. She was covering her bases. So I now I think there's even LESS of a chance Peter will notice than before. If he does feel something different he will probably just attribute it to her being over there and seeing things differently. Even before this I said I wouldn't be mad if Peter didn't notice right away, but this just further proves that point. Obviously Alt!Liv will slip up, she can't fake this forever. But I just think there's less of a chance of at least Peter noticing it now. I also like how Alt!Liv said she didn't have a photogenic memory. I think that's going to play some part as to how she's figured out.

As I suspected, this whole machine storyline is going to be very important to Peter. You could tell he's DETERMINED to figure out how it works or what it does, or SOMETHING. I deff think this is going to be very important throughout the season.

OHH NEXT WEEK OLIVIA SEES VISIONS OF PETER! GAHHHHH. EPIC. Can't wait!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He called her Aspirin again.
I miss their dynamic so much!
and so true, he went straight to her when he found out about Massive Dynamic! Love them.

hmm yes, I agree, Bolivia is trying to cover her bases, but she is really risking her operation acting so differently. She should do more research, just saying

and HOW EPIC is the fact that even brainwhased Olivia can't forget Peter?
The cortexiphan formed some kind of shield that's helping her to keep her real memories. Can't can't waaait!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found last week’s episode more emotionally engaging, but this week’s had the Fringe team from over here and no one replaces Walter and Astrid. Their scenes were my favorite. And he called her Aspirin, Never change those two. Just give Astrid a more visible role; I want her to do more than just apparently babysitting Walter. She’s her confident now and I like that. Another great moment was Walter and Nina’s hug. So awkward, so real. It makes sense that Bell would leave MD to Walter, but I don’t want to see Walter running it, that’s Nina’s business just like Walter’s is the lab. I think it will show us more about Nina though. She surely won’t be happy and there will be some intense Walter/Nina moments.

Altlivia screams fake! Dancing? Not drinking? Make-up? Loose hair? However, Peter didn’t have a strong reason to suspect. Indeed I think he caught something, but as it didn’t have a follow up and she gave him “I have a new perspective since I saw the other side and the other me” speech, he let it go. But I was happy to have this feeling that Peter’s senses are on the alert; he only has too much going on with Walter and the Machine. So glad to see that Peter is already trying to figure out the Machine. This is one of the SLs I'm most looking forward to.

In the sneak peek the P/Altlivia couch scene looked hot, but the entire scene just looked disconnected, none of them was there emotionally and it looked kind of awkward. Compared to the intense, meaningful looks PO gave each other, it makes me feel so much better.

How on earth would they leave that couch without Peter noticing the blood? I didn’t mind Altlivia, but her shooting that guy was cold and a coward act.
And if Walter makes Gene give chocolate milk, he must win a scientific award, lol How can stiff Walternate compare to awesomesauce Walter? Never!

Some reviews/recaps:

Fringe - "The Box" Recap - UGO.com

'Fringe' recap and review: William Bell sends Walter a message and 'The Box' | EW.com

Recap: Fringe - The Box - HitFix.com

Fringe 3.02 “The Box” Review

‘Fringe’ Recap: Episode 3.02, ‘The Box’ MTV Movies Blog
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks sofiab. You covered a lot of my own feelings about the episode already.

Loved seeing Walter, Astrid and OUR team again. It was amazing

Peter is completely distracted by his feelings about Walter, his so-called destiny and figuring out the machine. As much as he seems happy with Olivia, it is clear he is not focused 100% on her. I mean, he basically passed on a night with Olivia to study the machine.

And I like that he's catching the little things, even through his haze of distraction, but as has been covered, Alt-Liv gave a pretty blanket reason why she's "off" and why should he suspect yet? It's been, what 2-3 days? Thank god they kept the timeframe short.

I also have a feeling Alt-Liv's going to be uber-careful now - I mean, sure she may slip up - but I think she is very determined not to do so. That determination will probably count for a lot. I'm getting more surprised just how cold Alt-Liv is, too. Shooting that innocent man?

Looking forward to more Walter/Peter scenes, there was not enough. Love Astrid and her closeness with Walter. In short, love that our team is a family!

All in all, good episode and has me intrigued for more.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

Aspirin!
I LOVE HIM!!!!!!

THIS EPISODE MADE ME REALIZE HOW MUCH I LOVED OUR TEAM! and noone can ever come close to them.
i love them all sfm. and no matter what the writers do with the alt characters. i won't like them like i do with our real characters.
and man, ANNA - YOU ARE FREAKIN' AWESOME. TOO MUCH! Emmy, or i'll kick a puppy. for realz.

Hmmmm, i don't like you Bolivia. sorry im trying. but i can't.
the writers want to balance the two characters, but from this episode, i knew they won't succeed. at least for me.
i mean, Bolivia/Olivia is COMPLETELY different. Olivia > Bolivia anytime. wtf? when she killed that poor man with cold blood. Olivia would never ever do that. no matter what. and i know that's the point. to see all the differences. but hey, don't like Bolivia.

+ I MISS OUT OLIVIA SFM! and i want her back NAO.
the promo with our Olivia seeing Peter. GAAAHHH EPIC. I KNEW IT. i knew they can't remove her Peter like that from her memory. they just can't. they're too connected to be brainwashed. <33333

but episode as a whole, LOVED IT. FRINGE = AMAZING.
oh and Josh is going to be the death of me. SO DAMN HOTTTTT!
and Anna is so damn CUTE AND STUNNING.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Banned

Its amazing after everything Peter went through, people are still giving Peter a hard time. Olivia is [B]not Peter's whole life and there are other important things. Peter is a human being who makes mistakes but people would rather bash him for it than understand him. Walter can steal another child and be forgiven but Peter doesn't see the differences and Peter is suddenly the bad guy. Name me one person who hasn't been distracted and subconciously ignore the things? Peter just had an emotional talk with his dad, he just found out he is the component to a doomsday device, he is still reeling from being kidnapped and its like all of that doesn't matter because finding out about the Olivias is more important than anything else. Walter didn't tell the differences and not one single person mentioned that.

Okay now on to the positive stuff, I really enjoyed seeing Peter save the day. I also enjoyed seeing Peter finally have a role in this show. "Peter: actively engaged" made me go Yay! It sounds like Peter is going to be part of the "plan".

The run-down of potential storylines for season 3

1. Peter and the doomsday device
2. Walter and Massive Dynamic
3. Walter and Peter's strained relationship
4. Walter and Astrid
5. Peter and his kidnapping

Peter, Astrid and Walter have a lot on their plates right now so AltOlivia comes last. Their lives doesn't revolve around Olivia. They have their own lives, too.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Master Fan

I missed Walter and Astrid Aspirin

Really missed our Olivia in the scenes it just isn't the same without her

Quote:
In the sneak peek the P/Altlivia couch scene looked hot
the way it played out it was more AltLiv just playing Peter so the hotness kind of went away she also had this bored and annoyed look when he started talking about his problems with Walter

she's probably thinking "just killed a guy, can't deal with your daddy issues right now"

I like AltLiv and I do think that with time she'll realize our universe is not so bad, she better not hurt Walter though

I won't make a comment about Peter because making comments about him is always taken to mean bashing Peter

Old 10-01-2010, 05:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I like this episode A LOT. And for me they totally make real the fact that Peter didn't notice yet that Olivia is not her. First: Bolivia came out with a totally understandble excuse and two he's too much into this machine thing and the problems with his father to notice something else.

In the bar scene for example he was more focused on getting drunk than really look to alt Livia. It's not a good time for him and when he was talking to Bolivia about the machine and Walter i've felt really bad for him.

Walter was amazing the entire episode and i like his relationship with Astrid. The scene with Peter was heartbreaking but i can see both views. Walter saved him but at the same time he took him from his family and half destroyed one world to save him. But eventually they will find a way to adjust things i'm sure of it because the love is still there..you can feel it

I can't picture alt Livia just yet..i mean i didn't like the fact that she killed that guy but at the same time she makes me laugh in two occasions: when she discovered that Olivia has a photographic memory and when she was hiding the poor guy and Peter came to her house So i will expect to judge her..I hope that she will not hurt Walter, by the way.

I'm totally looking forward to Peter's storyline (the machine) and to Walter's storyline (Massive Dynamics).
Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo (View Post)
she's probably thinking "just killed a guy, can't deal with your daddy issues right now"

I like AltLiv and I do think that with time she'll realize our universe is not so bad, she better not hurt Walter though
I did like Altlivia too, except when she shot the guy. She made me laugh twice and I enjoyed how she and Newton are in some kind of power trip.

An this made me laugh:

Quote:
She might be great at marksmanship, but Alt-livia is just the worst criminal mind ever. Why would you shoot someone in the head in your kitchen, when you've got a perfectly good tub in the other room where you could do your execution? Stupid and messy. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Dexter Morgan with his nice clean plastic sheets.

Minutes after getting blood everywhere in her kitchen (enjoying picking those brain particles out of your cereal bowl, you psycho?), Alt-livia is interrupted by Peter's arrival. Again, instead of pretending she's not home, or making up some excuse to get rid of him, she just lets him into her apartment, even though she's just stashed the thug's body in her bathroom. Worse, she answers the door in a tank top and she's all wet, which... that is no way to get rid of a man quickly, hon. Alt-livia's next brilliant move is to sex up Peter on the couch -- because that's a good way to make sure he doesn't want to leave at ALL that night. What exactly is Alt-livia's plan here? Just thrust her boobs in his face every time he starts to turn towards the bathroom, where blood is now seeping out from under the door?
"Fringe" recap: What's in the box(es)? - Fringe - Salon.com

'Fringe' Season 3, Episode 2 Recap (VIDEO)
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the recap

Quote:
I did like Altlivia too, except when she shot the guy
not to defend her killing someone but I don't think she had another choice and she did say she was sorry

Quote:
enjoying picking those brain particles out of your cereal bowl, you psycho?

forgot to mention before but love that Walter is now head of Massive Dynamic, can't wait for him to put all their resources to good use and figure out how to get chocolate milk from a cow

Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
New Fan

This episode was siiiiick!!! I cannot wait until next week!!

Alt!Liv needs to work on acting like our Olivia outside of work. At work, she's doing the same thing as she did on the other side. Can't wait until she slips up on the photographic memory! I can't be an Alt!Liv fan, I just can't!! Peter should know the real Olivia has too much self control for all the things she's doing.

Excited about Walter getting MD! I wonder what Nina got....hmmmm.

This episode just made me want to hug Astrid. Is there anything she CAN'T do??
I hope she gets out in the field this season!