Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Catia or Chelle a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Catia and Chelle
Old 09-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats to the Fringe board! My beloved little show.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome! Will have to do some thinking on colors and pics.

~Heidi
Old 09-11-2017, 03:32 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I don't know anything abut the show but when I was looking at available pictures I found these from season 5. I also have no idea if they'd be all the characters you'd want but there's promotional pics for earlier seasons on there too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-14-2017, 09:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Have you given the colours some thoughts yet?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

Blue and black seem to be pretty standard Fringe type colors but I know something about web design or graphic editing
Old 09-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Graphics Team Manager

How about something like these then?: one, two, three?

It would also be useful to know which characters you'd like included

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amber is also a color that is important. And then there are the Red Universe vs the Blue Universe. Although I know red doesn't work in forums very well.

~Heidi
Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

You could always go with a navy/blue colour scheme with red/amber used minimally (E.G. in the graphic, links, buttons). That way the colours would still be there without being overpowering or harsh on the eyes . Maybe something like this:

Are these the characters who should be included? Or should there be others or less?
Olivia
Peter
Walter
Astrid
Phillip
Nina / Nina (which hair colour is better to use?)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Personally I'd go with the first option but the mods probably know best so whatever they decide.

That character list looks great! I think Lincoln Lee should be on there too but again, not my call. Other than that I wouldn't change it at all. Also Nina with the redish hair makes more sense because from what I recall her hair wasn't the color in the second picture until the last season
Old 09-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Its not up to just the mods, its up to all of the posters on the boards

Just so that if he is wanted the team can easily find a picture: Lincoln

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-16-2017, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

can someone link to the image other than spoilertv or not the site is blocked for me bc of the adblock i have and i don't like putting it off bc without it i have spam all over my screen ?
Old 09-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is this better Lincoln

I know the list is growing, but if we have Lincoln we should really have Charlie as well.

I also think Nina with the red hair makes more sense, and I like the idea of a blue theme with red and amber accents.

I've been trying to find some good quality pics of the alternate versions of Lincoln, Charlie, Olivia, Walter and Astrid, because I think it would be cool to see the dopplegangers - very representative of the show. But that would be about 13 heads in the graphic, which is probably way too many. Plus, I haven't had good luck finding good high-res pics.

~Heidi
Old 09-16-2017, 03:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Unless they did a photoshoot as their alternate selves there may not be good quality versions but it could also look odd seeing each character twice, I don't know. If you want to know. Then 13 characters would make the heads small (NCIS has 11 if you want to look at a graphic with a large cast)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unless you do (View Post)
can someone link to the image other than spoilertv or not the site is blocked for me bc of the adblock i have and i don't like putting it off bc without it i have spam all over my screen ?
Eme I'll upload them all for you

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 09-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

I deserve a huge head slap for forgetting Charlie.

A blue theme with red and amber sounds perfect for the board and a very Fringey feeling.

I'll try to find some highres pics of the Alt versions if I can but like you said that's a very large total amount of characters