Icon: ridemytardis
Old 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nina Sharp Favorite Season One Scenes - Part One

Round 9

Pilot

Scene 5 – Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you again for your help.
NINA: That's what I'm here for. I hope it served you well. I'd ask you what you wanted the camera for, but I respect your confidentiality.
OLIVIA: Well, we're grateful for your help.
NINA: Seems you're settling well into your new position.
OLIVIA: Excuse me?
NINA: I don't think a woman of your talents should be in public service.
OLIVIA: Oh? And where should I be?
NINA: Here, at Massive Dynamic.
OLIVIA: You're offering me a job?
NINA: Philip Broyles is a good man, and his record speaks for itself. Well,
I'm sure you got into law enforcement because you wanted to make
a difference. So consider this - Massive Dynamic is one of the ten largest economic entities in the world. Our weapons technologies shape
the Defense Department's strategies. Our investments sway the
markets and make or break presidential elections. Overseas, we have
responsibilities traditionally sacred to the state. The right to direct
private armies, to manage global affairs into stable equilibrium.
OLIVIA: You're serious.
NINA: Yes, I am. Not to mention, I believe a position here would speed your
effort to find answers.
OLIVIA: You're referring to ‘The Pattern’?
NINA: Among other things.

[COLOR="magenta"][B]The Dreamscape

Scene 8 – Nina / Olivia

NINA: Agent Dunham, I don't recall seeing you on my schedule today.
OLIVIA: Well, I don't need an appointment, Ms. Sharp.
NINA: It's all right.
OLIVIA: No matter where my investigations take me, they always come
back here.
NINA: Well, I don't know what you've heard since we last saw each other,
but I would hope that my cooperation would have garnered some
benefit of the doubt. Massive Dynamic has nothing to hide.
OLIVIA: See, I believe that your cooperation is an illusion. It never leads
to something tangible. It only leads to more questions. And that's the point,
isn't it? To keep us all asking questions? All just chasing our own tails?
NINA: Are you sure you're feeling well, Miss Dunham? I think perhaps
you're perceiving things that are entirely in your mind's eye.
OLIVIA: I wanted to thank you for all your job offers, and I'm sorry that
it's taken me so long to give you an answer, but I, um, I think I finally
have one.
NINA: Yes, it's obvious in your expression. Well, I understand that you've captured your suspect. I imagine that in an effort to seek an immunity
agreement from your agency, he's attempting to blame Massive Dynamic for all his foul deeds.
OLIVIA: Are you protecting your CEO, William Bell? Because if you are,
now is the time to tell me. Once our witness talks, you lose all
leverage in a plea.
NINA: I seriously doubt that your witness will be able to provide any
actionable evidence to implicate Massive Dynamic or William Bell of any wrongdoing.

Safe

Scene 10 – Nina / Broyles

NINA: Hello.
BROYLES: Olivia Dunham is missing.
NINA: What?... What do you mean missing?
BROYLES: It appears she has been abducted. – Need I even ask?
Are you there?
NINA: Yes. Yes. I am here… Frankly I resent the accusation.
BROYLES: I don’t make accusations, so let me be clear. If I find out --
NINA: -- Phillip! That’s enough. Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham. Why would I want any harm to come to her? Now, what do we know about who may have taken her? – And why?

Ability

Scene 12 - Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you so much for seeing me at such short notice.
NINA: As I said... I am always available to you, Olivia. What can I do?
OLIVIA: I need information on a drug called Cortexiphan.
NINA: It doesn't ring a bell... let me check.
OLIVIA: Is everything alright?
NINA: Uh... my hand... it's been acting-up. I need to have it looked at.
Oh yes, I recall this. 'Cortexiphan' - it was part of a clinical trial of a drug
that Doctor Bell created in 'eighty-one.
OLIVIA: What is it? -- If you don't mind?
NINA: Doctor Bell theorized that the human mind, at birth, is infinitely capable...
and that every force it encounters; social, physical, intellectual... is the beginning
of the process he referred to as 'limitation' - a diminishing of that potential.
OLIVIA: And Cortexiphan?
NINA: ... it was meant to 'limit' that 'limitation' - to prevent the natural shrinking
of that brain power.
OLIVIA: To prevent, not undo?
NINA: Meaning...
OLIVIA: That the drug was administered to children?
NINA: Yes... the drugs were extensively animal tested. They were harmless to the
children who received them. Unfortunately, they were also unsuccessful - so
Doctor Bell abandoned his research on Cortexiphan in 1983.
OLIVIA: And where were the trials?
NINA: Doctor Bell conducted the trials himself at Ohio State University,
Wooster Campus.
OLIVIA: Nowhere else?
NINA: No... why? If I may ask?
OLIVIA: Nothing -- it's good to know.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Total Fan

Old 03-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
'Fringe': Blair Brown on Nina Sharp's brutal torture scene, teases upcoming 'peril'

Filming last week’s Fringe was taxing on actress Blair Brown, who plays Nina Sharp on the Fox drama, particularly because filming Nina’s torture scene was, well, “torture.”

“I had a welt on the back of my head from banging my head into that bed frame because it was a really nasty, rusty old bed frame, which looked great,” she says. “I had a headache for about two days afterwards. I wouldn’t try it at home.”

But the audience is likely experiencing a little headache themselves following the episode. So in a Fringe Friday chat with Brown (Hey, the show might be on break, but we’re certainly not!) she breaks down the episode and previews what’s to come.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: There are so many questions surrounding the characters that you’re playing right now — because there are two Ninas. I know the guys don’t tell you all that much, but what can you tell me about how this episode changes where we’re going in the next few?
BLAIR BROWN: Obviously, the challenge was once I realized that this was Mean-a — Mean Nina — it was hard pretending to be good Nina. There was a terrible tendency [while filming the scene] to want to give little signals like, “This is really the bad Nina!” Of course, that was dead wrong, so it’s very tricky because you’re dying to play a different character. It was like, “No, no, no, you have to play this for real.” Until Olivia goes, “Hey, you know what? You’re not the real Nina,” no one should know that. We now get a chance, in later episodes, to see Mean-a not acting as good Nina. I get to play a somewhat different person. But bad Nina, in her world, there is no William Bell, so there’s no Massive Dynamic. She’s the same person with the same intelligence, the same drive, and same ambition — good or bad. Then, Jones comes along at some point and says, “Be part of this. Oh by the way, we have to cut off your arm.” And she does. We’re talking about a different, a more driven, craven, spurned person in the alternate universe — given that the world seems tougher anyway.

Your chemistry with Jared Harris is fantastic.
Jared and I — he played my son in a play off-Broadway in New York about eight years ago called Humble Boy. In the play, he was this incredibly kind, gentle genius physicist who stuttered, and I was his very domineering mother. So it’s very funny to come back and have him torture me. I was like, “Is this payback in a way?”

That’s hilarious. How much more interaction are we going to see with them together now that wehave some hint of what’s going on with them a little bit?
I hope a lot. Once the regular timeline finds out that Jones and Nina penetrated their world so seamlessly and got out of it, we’re in great peril. What these two are up to, and if they’re together or if they’re apart, becomes pretty significant because both worlds are impacted. So we’ll see where that gets.

Since that was such a big episode for you, what can you say is the next one we can look forward to with some big developments in Nina’s regard?
What happens to Nina next and how this all shakes down in this timeline — once regular Nina knows that she has this whatever-the-hell-it-is out there, how does this work? Massive Dynamic is vulnerable. Jones is vulnerable. Jones, we know, has so much of that knowledge that Bell and Bishop have. It’s a tricky time for everyone.

I thought it was kind of clear that she was a shifter but clearly — as you refer to it — that something that is not necessarily nailed down.
I think it’s not nailed down.

What’s your other theory, if you have one?
I don’t have one because I wait and see. The shifter is certainly one possibility because that’s an area that has been touched on but is much deeper as to how that could work.

As things usually are on Fringe, especially toward the end of the season.
Yeah, exactly. And the Observers are really going to play a very big part towards the end of this season. We’re really getting into really interesting stuff about that reality, their world. Whoever they are.

So what do you know about Mean-a’s motivations at this point. Have they kind of clued you into that?
No. My clue to that was Jeff and Joel saying she was never part of anything until Jones came along. I think you have a pretty resentful and dangerous person there. I think she’s a kind of loose canon, and I don’t know that she’s even loyal to Jones. Maybe she is. The jury is out on that. I don’t know where her loyalty is or whether she’s just a survivor.

One of your fans actually tweeted me a question for you. Last season you talked a little bit about directing an episode. Is that something you get to do this season at all?
I don’t get to this season because the way life worked out it didn’t work. I’m hoping season 5. I’m ready. I think it will happen. It’s just this year sort of ran away with us, my obligations and their obligations to other directors. I hoped it would happen but as the end of the season became more dense for Nina it became difficult. I should have done it in the beginning. But next year, next year.

Last question: In a nutshell, from your point of view, what can you tell fans about what they can expect from this last stretch here?
The thing that’s so interesting is the way the show has evolved these seasons. It’s not simply a sort of freak of the week and our team’s off the problem. Now, things are so layered. Every relationship is so layered, whether it’s parent-child, Walter-Peter, Olivia-Nina. Then you have, obviously, that central love story between Peter and Olivia. As I said, where is Broyles in all of this and his family and his parallel life? There’s so many deep, human stories being told in these metaphysical realities. What I love, just say the Peter and Olivia thing, so does it matter where we are in this episode? Does it matter if this is the real Olivia? If this is the Olivia that taking this on and they’re happy, isn’t that enough or isn’t it? Some people say, “No. He must find her,” and others say, “No, it’s fine. Stay where you are.” It’s so interesting because this is just about relationships but we’re talking about over parallel universes, which is very funny. Given that life is all made up anyway, I think the fun of this show … is playing with multiple ways to look at things. It happens to be in a sci-fi drama but it’s still about people and feelings and relationships. That, to me, is fascinating that they’ve been able to make both of those things happen.
'Fringe': Blair Brown on Nina Sharp's brutal torture scene | Inside TV | EW.com

Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Round 10

The Dreamscape

Scene 8 – Nina / Olivia

NINA: Agent Dunham, I don't recall seeing you on my schedule today.
OLIVIA: Well, I don't need an appointment, Ms. Sharp.
NINA: It's all right.
OLIVIA: No matter where my investigations take me, they always come
back here.
NINA: Well, I don't know what you've heard since we last saw each other,
but I would hope that my cooperation would have garnered some
benefit of the doubt. Massive Dynamic has nothing to hide.
OLIVIA: See, I believe that your cooperation is an illusion. It never leads
to something tangible. It only leads to more questions. And that's the point,
isn't it? To keep us all asking questions? All just chasing our own tails?
NINA: Are you sure you're feeling well, Miss Dunham? I think perhaps
you're perceiving things that are entirely in your mind's eye.
OLIVIA: I wanted to thank you for all your job offers, and I'm sorry that
it's taken me so long to give you an answer, but I, um, I think I finally
have one.
NINA: Yes, it's obvious in your expression. Well, I understand that you've captured your suspect. I imagine that in an effort to seek an immunity
agreement from your agency, he's attempting to blame Massive Dynamic for all his foul deeds.
OLIVIA: Are you protecting your CEO, William Bell? Because if you are,
now is the time to tell me. Once our witness talks, you lose all
leverage in a plea.
NINA: I seriously doubt that your witness will be able to provide any
actionable evidence to implicate Massive Dynamic or William Bell of any wrongdoing.

Safe

Are you there?
NINA: -- Phillip! That’s enough. Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham. Why would I want any harm to come to her? Now, what do we know about who may have taken her? – And why?

Ability

Scene 12 - Nina / Olivia

Oh yes, I recall this. 'Cortexiphan' - it was part of a clinical trial of a drug
NINA: Doctor Bell theorized that the human mind, at birth, is infinitely capable...
and that every force it encounters; social, physical, intellectual... is the beginning
of the process he referred to as 'limitation' - a diminishing of that potential.
NINA: ... it was meant to 'limit' that 'limitation' - to prevent the natural shrinking
of that brain power.
NINA: Yes... the drugs were extensively animal tested. They were harmless to the
Wooster Campus.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 AM
Total Fan

Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Old 03-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
'Fringe': Blair Brown on Nina Sharp's brutal torture scene, teases upcoming 'peril'

Filming last week’s Fringe was taxing on actress Blair Brown, who plays Nina Sharp on the Fox drama, particularly because filming Nina’s torture scene was, well, “torture.”

“I had a welt on the back of my head from banging my head into that bed frame because it was a really nasty, rusty old bed frame, which looked great,” she says. “I had a headache for about two days afterwards. I wouldn’t try it at home.”

But the audience is likely experiencing a little headache themselves following the episode. So in a Fringe Friday chat with Brown (Hey, the show might be on break, but we’re certainly not!) she breaks down the episode and previews what’s to come.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: There are so many questions surrounding the characters that you’re playing right now — because there are two Ninas. I know the guys don’t tell you all that much, but what can you tell me about how this episode changes where we’re going in the next few?
BLAIR BROWN: Obviously, the challenge was once I realized that this was Mean-a — Mean Nina — it was hard pretending to be good Nina. There was a terrible tendency [while filming the scene] to want to give little signals like, “This is really the bad Nina!” Of course, that was dead wrong, so it’s very tricky because you’re dying to play a different character. It was like, “No, no, no, you have to play this for real.” Until Olivia goes, “Hey, you know what? You’re not the real Nina,” no one should know that. We now get a chance, in later episodes, to see Mean-a not acting as good Nina. I get to play a somewhat different person. But bad Nina, in her world, there is no William Bell, so there’s no Massive Dynamic. She’s the same person with the same intelligence, the same drive, and same ambition — good or bad. Then, Jones comes along at some point and says, “Be part of this. Oh by the way, we have to cut off your arm.” And she does. We’re talking about a different, a more driven, craven, spurned person in the alternate universe — given that the world seems tougher anyway.

Your chemistry with Jared Harris is fantastic.
Jared and I — he played my son in a play off-Broadway in New York about eight years ago called Humble Boy. In the play, he was this incredibly kind, gentle genius physicist who stuttered, and I was his very domineering mother. So it’s very funny to come back and have him torture me. I was like, “Is this payback in a way?”

That’s hilarious. How much more interaction are we going to see with them together now that wehave some hint of what’s going on with them a little bit?
I hope a lot. Once the regular timeline finds out that Jones and Nina penetrated their world so seamlessly and got out of it, we’re in great peril. What these two are up to, and if they’re together or if they’re apart, becomes pretty significant because both worlds are impacted. So we’ll see where that gets.

Since that was such a big episode for you, what can you say is the next one we can look forward to with some big developments in Nina’s regard?
What happens to Nina next and how this all shakes down in this timeline — once regular Nina knows that she has this whatever-the-hell-it-is out there, how does this work? Massive Dynamic is vulnerable. Jones is vulnerable. Jones, we know, has so much of that knowledge that Bell and Bishop have. It’s a tricky time for everyone.

I thought it was kind of clear that she was a shifter but clearly — as you refer to it — that something that is not necessarily nailed down.
I think it’s not nailed down.

What’s your other theory, if you have one?
I don’t have one because I wait and see. The shifter is certainly one possibility because that’s an area that has been touched on but is much deeper as to how that could work.

As things usually are on Fringe, especially toward the end of the season.
Yeah, exactly. And the Observers are really going to play a very big part towards the end of this season. We’re really getting into really interesting stuff about that reality, their world. Whoever they are.

So what do you know about Mean-a’s motivations at this point. Have they kind of clued you into that?
No. My clue to that was Jeff and Joel saying she was never part of anything until Jones came along. I think you have a pretty resentful and dangerous person there. I think she’s a kind of loose canon, and I don’t know that she’s even loyal to Jones. Maybe she is. The jury is out on that. I don’t know where her loyalty is or whether she’s just a survivor.

One of your fans actually tweeted me a question for you. Last season you talked a little bit about directing an episode. Is that something you get to do this season at all?
I don’t get to this season because the way life worked out it didn’t work. I’m hoping season 5. I’m ready. I think it will happen. It’s just this year sort of ran away with us, my obligations and their obligations to other directors. I hoped it would happen but as the end of the season became more dense for Nina it became difficult. I should have done it in the beginning. But next year, next year.

Last question: In a nutshell, from your point of view, what can you tell fans about what they can expect from this last stretch here?
The thing that’s so interesting is the way the show has evolved these seasons. It’s not simply a sort of freak of the week and our team’s off the problem. Now, things are so layered. Every relationship is so layered, whether it’s parent-child, Walter-Peter, Olivia-Nina. Then you have, obviously, that central love story between Peter and Olivia. As I said, where is Broyles in all of this and his family and his parallel life? There’s so many deep, human stories being told in these metaphysical realities. What I love, just say the Peter and Olivia thing, so does it matter where we are in this episode? Does it matter if this is the real Olivia? If this is the Olivia that taking this on and they’re happy, isn’t that enough or isn’t it? Some people say, “No. He must find her,” and others say, “No, it’s fine. Stay where you are.” It’s so interesting because this is just about relationships but we’re talking about over parallel universes, which is very funny. Given that life is all made up anyway, I think the fun of this show … is playing with multiple ways to look at things. It happens to be in a sci-fi drama but it’s still about people and feelings and relationships. That, to me, is fascinating that they’ve been able to make both of those things happen.
'Fringe': Blair Brown on Nina Sharp's brutal torture scene | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 03-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Absolute Fan

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Round 11

Vote For Your Favorite!

Safe

Are you there?

Ability

Scene 12 - Nina / Olivia

of that brain power.
Wooster Campus.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Absolute Fan

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star