Fringe

Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Total Fan

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 02-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Fringe Q&A: Blair Brown on This Week's Incredible Episode

Tonight's fantastic episode of Fringe, "The End of All Things," was a giant chew toy for our brains to try and rip apart (here's my review). Nina Sharp played a huge part in one of the major storylines. Or, if you want to get technical, she played TWO huge parts. I chatted with actress Blair Brown to discuss the episode and what's ahead for her characters.

Great job this episode! Yesterday, showrunner Joel Wyman told reporters that you coined the name for your alternate universe character.

Yes, Mean-a.

Well isn't that cute. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time that you've really got in on the "dual characters party" in a single episode.

It is! It's so fun. I was thinking, "Oh great, I get to be totally different!" And then it was like, "Whoa! Actually you have to be so completely the same." I found initially when I was playing Mean-a, I wanted to do something here or there for the astute, you know? And of course that's completely wrong because that spoils the fun, because [the audience] must believe this is the real Nina. But now in other episodes we're going to see Mean-a not playing Nina.

What kind of acting tricks are you going to incorporate to differentiate the two?

The whole thing about the alternate universe, when you think of Walternate and Bolivia, it's a tougher world. [Fringe showrunners] Jeff [Pinkner] and Joel [Wyman] said that in this world there was no William Bell, there's no Massive Dynamic. So Mean-a has the same intelligence, ambition, drive, yet she's thwarted her whole life, until Jones shows up and says, "Hey you can be part of this. Oh by the way, we're going to cut off your arm." And she's desperate enough to be part of things that she says yes. It's a much more craven quality than our Nina, who keeps things really close to the vest.

I've learned not to trust anything my brain says while watching an episode of Fringe. Can you confirm that the Nina who stepped through the portal toward the end of the episode is Nina from the alternate universe and not a shapeshifter?

Ummm... can I tell you that answer to that or not? It's sort of in the air at the moment. It's not come down clear to us either way.

I assume we'll learn how Jones and alternate Nina came to hook up?

We know some about Mean-a and Jones, the backstory we haven't told yet. But we know that they are in control. The problem is the plot starts to run hard and fast now. Because we understand in our universe how in peril and how penetrable it is. What Nina and Jones are doing now is more important than how they got together. That will be revealed, but we're into heavy plot territory as we race toward the end here. [laughs]

Are you saying we're not already in heavy plot territory? Because it seems like we've been there since the pilot!

[laughs] Oh fasten your seat belts! We're shooting [Episode 19] right now, so you know how that goes. The 19s are always trouble!

This is Fringe, so things are complex. I have trouble keeping up with all the details. How do you do it? Are you debriefed ahead of time?

We're never debriefed. A script arrives and you go, "Oh! Okay!" And then the emails start. "Does this mean—?" "Should I?" "What happened here?" I have to say at the beginning of the season, things were so complicated! I remember Anna [Torv] and I were in a scene where we were like, "Okay. What's actually going on?" Neither of us knew. [laughs] So we got into a whole discussion, and the crew is so into it so we all had to lay it all out. Fortunately now, we tend to have directors who have been here before. I can't imagine what it's like for a new director to show up on this show. He or she would not have a clue as to what's happening. Now we're all pretty clear on what's going on. It's dense and intense, but it's clear. The beauty of the show for us is that, given all the sci-fi elements of parallel universe, alternate realities, and Observers, in the midst of it you have incredibly deep human relationships. I can't wait—I guess it would be Season 5—[to find out] what's with Walternate and Mean-a? Walter and Nina have a complex history that's barely been touched on—they occasionally smoke a joint together and talk about the old times—but are [Walternate and Mean-a] even connected in the other universe? Is he even aware of her? Is he aware of her because Walter and Nina were together?
AUDIO CLIP:
Blair Brown talks more about filming scenes without knowing exactly what she's filming.
In addition to Mean-a's double cross, there were two other major breakthroughs in "The End of All Things." How much more will we learn about the Observers between now and the end the season?

Oh a lot. A lot. There's a lot about the Observers, and it's really interesting and unsettling.

I know all the alternate universe stuff is really cool and all, but I'm all in on the Peter-Olivia love story. Where do you stand on the "Is this Olivia or not?" debate? She has her memories, but is she actually Olivia?

And also, even is she isn't, does it matter? I think that's the great thing that's posed here. Okay, so what? There's that too. What's true? Even if this is her fulfilling Peter's memories, is that a bad thing? It's very interesting. It's funny to think that in a popular art form you can tackle huge metaphysical questions if you want to.

Does the rest of the cast laugh at Joshua for only getting to play one character?

[laughs] We always laugh at Joshua for one reason or other.
Fringe Q&A: Blair Brown on This Week's Incredible Episode - News - TV.com
Old 02-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

♥ Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon by Cara
Old 02-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Nina Sharp Favorite Season One Scenes - Part One

Round 7

Pilot

Scene 4 – Nina / Olivia at MD

NINA: I hope the ride was comfortable. I'm not a big fan of airplanes myself.
Despite the obvious intellectual understanding of their safety, my hands still
get sweaty on takeoff.
OLIVIA: Thank you again for your cooperation, we're very...
NINA: No need to thank me. You know, I've been thinking of you - meaning to
thank you for being a woman of your word and keeping Massive Dynamic
out of the press. I also wanted to say... you have my sincere condolences
on the loss of Agent Scott.
OLIVIA: What do you know about Agent Scott?
NINA: I know that he was your partner. I've lost people close to me. I know
how hard that can be. Not to mention the rumor about what he was
involved with. And, of course, the joy of being a female in a traditionally
male line of work. No doubt some of your male colleagues are assuming that
you two were intimate. (male assistant returns with case) Ah. The electronic
pulse camera. Travel safely, Agent Dunham.

Scene 5 – Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you again for your help.
NINA: That's what I'm here for. I hope it served you well. I'd ask you what you wanted the camera for, but I respect your confidentiality.
OLIVIA: Well, we're grateful for your help.
NINA: Seems you're settling well into your new position.
OLIVIA: Excuse me?
NINA: I don't think a woman of your talents should be in public service.
OLIVIA: Oh? And where should I be?
NINA: Here, at Massive Dynamic.
OLIVIA: You're offering me a job?
NINA: Philip Broyles is a good man, and his record speaks for itself. Well,
I'm sure you got into law enforcement because you wanted to make
a difference. So consider this - Massive Dynamic is one of the ten largest economic entities in the world. Our weapons technologies shape
the Defense Department's strategies. Our investments sway the
markets and make or break presidential elections. Overseas, we have
responsibilities traditionally sacred to the state. The right to direct
private armies, to manage global affairs into stable equilibrium.
OLIVIA: You're serious.
NINA: Yes, I am. Not to mention, I believe a position here would speed your
effort to find answers.
OLIVIA: You're referring to ‘The Pattern’?
NINA: Among other things.

The Dreamscape

Scene 7 – Nina / Olivia at MD

NINA: Mark Young was a capable executive who displayed no signs of
emotional dysfunction. He was one of our more promising analysts, in fact.
Popular among his co-workers.
OLIVIA: So why do you think he would jump to his death?
NINA: I don't want to sound callous, Agent Dunham, but when
you run a company of over three hundred thousand employees, you
sometimes see a small percentage who succumb to the stress of their responsibilities, and, on occasion, the nature of our work.
OLIVIA: What do you mean by that? "The nature of our work"?
NINA: Oh, I was simply referring to the pressure to deliver results,
which the private sector seems to require. You would find it exhilarating.
OLIVIA: Are you trying to change the subject by offering me another job?
NINA: Well, I'd hate to sound like a suitor who's constantly
being turned down for a date.
OLIVIA: Well, just to be clear, as flattered as I am, I'm going to go
wherever this investigation takes me.
NINA: I would expect nothing less.
OLIVIA: And I would expect more from you than the polite appearance of
cooperation. You knew this man. He was a rising star in your company.
There must be something more you can tell me about him.
NINA: When one's domain includes the cutting edge of science, there is a
risk of exposure to ideas that aren't easy to reconcile--certain realities.
I'm sure you know what I mean, doing the work that you do. For some, it's too much to take.

Scene 8 – Nina / Olivia

NINA: Agent Dunham, I don't recall seeing you on my schedule today.
OLIVIA: Well, I don't need an appointment, Ms. Sharp.
NINA: It's all right.
OLIVIA: No matter where my investigations take me, they always come
back here.
NINA: Well, I don't know what you've heard since we last saw each other,
but I would hope that my cooperation would have garnered some
benefit of the doubt. Massive Dynamic has nothing to hide.
OLIVIA: See, I believe that your cooperation is an illusion. It never leads
to something tangible. It only leads to more questions. And that's the point,
isn't it? To keep us all asking questions? All just chasing our own tails?
NINA: Are you sure you're feeling well, Miss Dunham? I think perhaps
you're perceiving things that are entirely in your mind's eye.
OLIVIA: I wanted to thank you for all your job offers, and I'm sorry that
it's taken me so long to give you an answer, but I, um, I think I finally
have one.
NINA: Yes, it's obvious in your expression. Well, I understand that you've captured your suspect. I imagine that in an effort to seek an immunity
agreement from your agency, he's attempting to blame Massive Dynamic for all his foul deeds.
OLIVIA: Are you protecting your CEO, William Bell? Because if you are,
now is the time to tell me. Once our witness talks, you lose all
leverage in a plea.
NINA: I seriously doubt that your witness will be able to provide any
actionable evidence to implicate Massive Dynamic or William Bell of any wrongdoing.

Safe

Scene 10 – Nina / Broyles

NINA: Hello.
BROYLES: Olivia Dunham is missing.
NINA: What?... What do you mean missing?
BROYLES: It appears she has been abducted. – Need I even ask?
Are you there?
NINA: Yes. Yes. I am here… Frankly I resent the accusation.
BROYLES: I don’t make accusations, so let me be clear. If I find out --
NINA: -- Phillip! That’s enough. Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham. Why would I want any harm to come to her? Now, what do we know about who may have taken her? – And why?

Ability

Scene 12 - Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you so much for seeing me at such short notice.
NINA: As I said... I am always available to you, Olivia. What can I do?
OLIVIA: I need information on a drug called Cortexiphan.
NINA: It doesn't ring a bell... let me check.
OLIVIA: Is everything alright?
NINA: Uh... my hand... it's been acting-up. I need to have it looked at.
Oh yes, I recall this. 'Cortexiphan' - it was part of a clinical trial of a drug
that Doctor Bell created in 'eighty-one.
OLIVIA: What is it? -- If you don't mind?
NINA: Doctor Bell theorized that the human mind, at birth, is infinitely capable...
and that every force it encounters; social, physical, intellectual... is the beginning
of the process he referred to as 'limitation' - a diminishing of that potential.
OLIVIA: And Cortexiphan?
NINA: ... it was meant to 'limit' that 'limitation' - to prevent the natural shrinking
of that brain power.
OLIVIA: To prevent, not undo?
NINA: Meaning...
OLIVIA: That the drug was administered to children?
NINA: Yes... the drugs were extensively animal tested. They were harmless to the
children who received them. Unfortunately, they were also unsuccessful - so
Doctor Bell abandoned his research on Cortexiphan in 1983.
OLIVIA: And where were the trials?
NINA: Doctor Bell conducted the trials himself at Ohio State University,
Wooster Campus.
OLIVIA: Nowhere else?
NINA: No... why? If I may ask?
OLIVIA: Nothing -- it's good to know.
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Fringe

Old 02-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
The February 24th episode of Fringe was its last for a few weeks, but with its in-depth introduction of a new Nina (Blair Brown) and reveal that Robert David Jones (Jared Harris) can move between worlds freely, and without being taken down by mere bullets, "The End of All Things" ended with a big question mark hanging over it. And without a new episode until late March, that kind of intrigue and mystery can be torturous. Thankfully, though, we had a chance to catch Brown over the phone to get her take on what we saw, and what we will (eventually) see.

LA TV Insider Examiner: Now that we've officially met two versions of Nina in this timeline, we have to ask: what should we be calling this "other" Nina in order to differentiate? Have you come up with a nickname you'd like to announce right now, ala Waternate?

Blair Brown: We call her "Meana" because she's so mean. [Laughs] It was "Bad Nina" for awhile, and then we decided 'Let's call her Meana!'

Well, that certainly seems fitting after "The End of All Things."

B.B.: I think it's never been clear with original Nina whether she was a force for good or evil, but then when this one shows up, it kind of tips the scales a little bit. I think it's been very interesting to play an alternate who poses as the other because we haven't done that before...I think it's interesting to have a person on the other side who was never part of the process. She had the same intelligence, the same drive and ambition, and yet she was completely thwarted so when Jones comes along and says 'Yeah, you can be part of what's really happening, but by the way, we have to chop off your arm!', she says yes. So she's a different critter.

Oh absolutely. How early in this season did the producers make you aware of this imposter Nina lurking around, infiltrating Olivia's life?

B.B.: When this script arrived...No one ever sits us down and says 'How about this?' and we go 'Okay!' You know, emails fly off to the writers: 'So, does this mean...' or 'Should I play...' But it's usually in very short phrases and we get it done. That's the joy of it! I think initially we had trouble with the idea of 'How can I play this if I don't know where I'm going in six episodes?' But everyone got on board and said 'I'll play with it on the page and see where it goes.'

If you had known earlier, would you have found it tough to keep the secret?

B.B.: I think what we learned, really in the first year, was 'play everything-- play every ability that you can'-- which is why you have that kind of ambivalence...You know, a lot of the characters have a kind of privacy where you don't know what they're thinking; you don't know what's really going on. And that came out of necessity in the beginning because we didn't know where things were going, but I think it's probably what the writers always intended. If they tell you everything that's going to happen, actors, we tend to sort of want to plan our way. Well, in life, you're just sitting here, and something could fall out of the sky. [Laughs] Life can change in a moment, but actors look to keep things continuous, so I think it's kind of good to keep actors in the dark because I know when I found out that Meana was playing Nina, I had to be really careful! I said 'Just play it as if you were playing Nina; just play it flat-out. Because Meana is that good.'

All of the viewer comments after "A Better Human Being" certainly proved that Meana really is that good. Everyone truly believed Nina was the one being held hostage.

B.B.: We try to stay mysterious, you know? We try to stay mysterious and give everybody as many possibilities as you can because it's certainly more interesting to watch that way.

What are the added challenges for you as an actor on this already complicated show with these two new and very distinct versions of Nina?

B.B.: Well, they have to appear exactly alike. [Laughs]

Right! And for a good chunk of time one is basically pretending to be the other, so what has that added to your experience working on the show?

B.B.: Well, it was really fun because every now and then I'd sort of want to give it away, but I couldn't do that, of course, because I didn't want to give it away to the audience at all. Eventually we'll see Meana as her real self, not pretending to be Nina, so there is a little chance for them to be different

Will we get to see more of her motives and the true relationship between her and Robert David Jones?

B.B.: We don't really get the backstory yet, you know, because there's so much front-story. [Laughs] We don't need to go back. But it starts to become clear that the bond is BIG and what the history is.

Do you see them as equals at this point or does Meana have more of a hold on Jones than maybe we were shown thus far?

B.B.: I'm not sure. I'm genuinely not sure about that. I'm not clear on who is in the driver's seat. I sort of feel he is, only because she doesn't have the force of something like Massive Dynamic behind her; she seems more rogue, you know? And she was invited in...so I don't know if Jones will throw her under the bus or not.

Or vice versa?

B.B.: Exactly. I don't think she's the most trustworthy.

Not at all! It seems like "The End of All Things" wanted to rule out that Meana could be a shapeshifter, simply because what we know about shapeshifters says the original would have to be dead to be replaced. But we kind of get the feeling that the rules of shapeshifters have changed with Massive Dynamic's involvement in that "technology" and they may still be in play here.

B.B.: Or there's another iteration of something.

Is that something that we explore immediately when we come back in March or is that going to take some time?

B.B.: I think it's going to take some time because we've got so much plot now to deal with with Jones on the loose, and with Peter and Olivia in such straits. I think we've got to get into where Jones is and how he's affecting this world. And the other will kind of unfold along the way, but there's an urgency to figure out-- because now they know they're in great peril.

Now they see how easily Meana and Jones can cross over. Is that indicative of what's to come when Fringe returns? Will we see a lot more of characters crossing over?

B.B.: They're going back and forth because you've got to figure out a lot of these [forces] in this world trying to deal with what's what and how do you know and how it affects all of these relationships. What's interesting to me is now you have these complicated things obviously between Olivia and Peter in all of their multiplications, but even how this works in with Walter. You know, in our world, there's this huge history; in the other world, it appears to have no history. So I'm curious to see-- we don't know yet-- how the Walternate and Jones, how did that end up? And where's Broyles in all of this? We have a lot of story to unravel!

In only eight episodes.

B.B.: We're working on it!

And it's interesting that you bring up the relationships now because we feel like there's a lot more to see between Olivia and Nina since Olivia realizes she has had an imposter among her and now that Olivia has different memories.

B.B.: That's the beauty of the show, particularly how it's evolved over time. The relationships are so complex! You still have all of the parallel universes and other realities, but now it costs everybody. [We're focusing on] what it costs the characters, whether they're Peter and Olivia or Walter and Peter. Those things are huge but things we all understand, put in this giant metaphysical context. It's a very cool thing, I think.

When we come back on March 23rd, or any episodes that follow, will the two women face off? We imagine the "real" Nina has a lot of things to say to her alternate!

B.B.: I hope so! I want to suggest that! I think they both might [have a lot of things to say to each other]. I see a terrible fight. You know, Olivia and Fauxlivia have always been pretty controlled with each other. We sense the tension, but it would be good if these two really got out of hand because I think our regular Nina is so controlled and has such a way about things it would be really nice to see. But you know, she does have a mother lion quality so it would be great to see them together. We haven't had a good catfight on Fringe! It's about time!

Well, you're a little busy with a lot of other elements! But you mentioned this mother quality to Nina, so since we know Olivia is destined to die, do you think Nina, caring for her as a mother would, would ever try to sacrifice herself instead?

B.B.: Yes. Oh, I do! Yes! I think from the very beginning there was a very strong connection between Olivia and Nina, and I think as we've come to this new timeline now, she raised [her], and I think she would. I think this is the love of her life, the way a child is for a parent. I think she would.
'Fringe's' Blair Brown Q&A: Introducing "Meana" & more, post "End of All Things" - Los Angeles TV Insider | Examiner.com

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'dd love to see a scene between Nina and Meana and they could have a fight where they would both use their robotic arms

I wonder why Meana has a robotic arm too And what are her motivations? Could she and Jones be working on some of Bell's plans?

SharperImage

Old 02-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Vote so far:

#4 - 2
#5 - 1

C'mon guys, vote. I'm not going to post new rounds with so few people voting; this way the survivor will end soon and I don't have time to come up with new survivors right after one ends.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the interview zenmaster
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nina Sharp Favorite Season One Scenes - Part One

Round 8

Pilot

Scene 5 – Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you again for your help.
NINA: That's what I'm here for. I hope it served you well. I'd ask you what you wanted the camera for, but I respect your confidentiality.
OLIVIA: Well, we're grateful for your help.
NINA: Seems you're settling well into your new position.
OLIVIA: Excuse me?
NINA: I don't think a woman of your talents should be in public service.
OLIVIA: Oh? And where should I be?
NINA: Here, at Massive Dynamic.
OLIVIA: You're offering me a job?
NINA: Philip Broyles is a good man, and his record speaks for itself. Well,
I'm sure you got into law enforcement because you wanted to make
a difference. So consider this - Massive Dynamic is one of the ten largest economic entities in the world. Our weapons technologies shape
the Defense Department's strategies. Our investments sway the
markets and make or break presidential elections. Overseas, we have
responsibilities traditionally sacred to the state. The right to direct
private armies, to manage global affairs into stable equilibrium.
OLIVIA: You're serious.
NINA: Yes, I am. Not to mention, I believe a position here would speed your
effort to find answers.
OLIVIA: You're referring to ‘The Pattern’?
NINA: Among other things.

The Dreamscape

Scene 7 – Nina / Olivia at MD

NINA: Mark Young was a capable executive who displayed no signs of
emotional dysfunction. He was one of our more promising analysts, in fact.
Popular among his co-workers.
OLIVIA: So why do you think he would jump to his death?
NINA: I don't want to sound callous, Agent Dunham, but when
you run a company of over three hundred thousand employees, you
sometimes see a small percentage who succumb to the stress of their responsibilities, and, on occasion, the nature of our work.
OLIVIA: What do you mean by that? "The nature of our work"?
NINA: Oh, I was simply referring to the pressure to deliver results,
which the private sector seems to require. You would find it exhilarating.
OLIVIA: Are you trying to change the subject by offering me another job?
NINA: Well, I'd hate to sound like a suitor who's constantly
being turned down for a date.
OLIVIA: Well, just to be clear, as flattered as I am, I'm going to go
wherever this investigation takes me.
NINA: I would expect nothing less.
OLIVIA: And I would expect more from you than the polite appearance of
cooperation. You knew this man. He was a rising star in your company.
There must be something more you can tell me about him.
NINA: When one's domain includes the cutting edge of science, there is a
risk of exposure to ideas that aren't easy to reconcile--certain realities.
I'm sure you know what I mean, doing the work that you do. For some, it's too much to take.

Scene 8 – Nina / Olivia

NINA: Agent Dunham, I don't recall seeing you on my schedule today.
OLIVIA: Well, I don't need an appointment, Ms. Sharp.
NINA: It's all right.
OLIVIA: No matter where my investigations take me, they always come
back here.
NINA: Well, I don't know what you've heard since we last saw each other,
but I would hope that my cooperation would have garnered some
benefit of the doubt. Massive Dynamic has nothing to hide.
OLIVIA: See, I believe that your cooperation is an illusion. It never leads
to something tangible. It only leads to more questions. And that's the point,
isn't it? To keep us all asking questions? All just chasing our own tails?
NINA: Are you sure you're feeling well, Miss Dunham? I think perhaps
you're perceiving things that are entirely in your mind's eye.
OLIVIA: I wanted to thank you for all your job offers, and I'm sorry that
it's taken me so long to give you an answer, but I, um, I think I finally
have one.
NINA: Yes, it's obvious in your expression. Well, I understand that you've captured your suspect. I imagine that in an effort to seek an immunity
agreement from your agency, he's attempting to blame Massive Dynamic for all his foul deeds.
OLIVIA: Are you protecting your CEO, William Bell? Because if you are,
now is the time to tell me. Once our witness talks, you lose all
leverage in a plea.
NINA: I seriously doubt that your witness will be able to provide any
actionable evidence to implicate Massive Dynamic or William Bell of any wrongdoing.

Safe

Scene 10 – Nina / Broyles

NINA: Hello.
BROYLES: Olivia Dunham is missing.
NINA: What?... What do you mean missing?
BROYLES: It appears she has been abducted. – Need I even ask?
Are you there?
NINA: Yes. Yes. I am here… Frankly I resent the accusation.
BROYLES: I don’t make accusations, so let me be clear. If I find out --
NINA: -- Phillip! That’s enough. Now you know how I feel about Agent Dunham. Why would I want any harm to come to her? Now, what do we know about who may have taken her? – And why?

Ability

Scene 12 - Nina / Olivia

OLIVIA: Thank you so much for seeing me at such short notice.
NINA: As I said... I am always available to you, Olivia. What can I do?
OLIVIA: I need information on a drug called Cortexiphan.
NINA: It doesn't ring a bell... let me check.
OLIVIA: Is everything alright?
NINA: Uh... my hand... it's been acting-up. I need to have it looked at.
Oh yes, I recall this. 'Cortexiphan' - it was part of a clinical trial of a drug
that Doctor Bell created in 'eighty-one.
OLIVIA: What is it? -- If you don't mind?
NINA: Doctor Bell theorized that the human mind, at birth, is infinitely capable...
and that every force it encounters; social, physical, intellectual... is the beginning
of the process he referred to as 'limitation' - a diminishing of that potential.
OLIVIA: And Cortexiphan?
NINA: ... it was meant to 'limit' that 'limitation' - to prevent the natural shrinking
of that brain power.
OLIVIA: To prevent, not undo?
NINA: Meaning...
OLIVIA: That the drug was administered to children?
NINA: Yes... the drugs were extensively animal tested. They were harmless to the
children who received them. Unfortunately, they were also unsuccessful - so
Doctor Bell abandoned his research on Cortexiphan in 1983.
OLIVIA: And where were the trials?
NINA: Doctor Bell conducted the trials himself at Ohio State University,
Wooster Campus.
OLIVIA: Nowhere else?
NINA: No... why? If I may ask?
OLIVIA: Nothing -- it's good to know.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blair on set yesterday. The pictures are spoilerish, but it's so nice to have some pictures of her filming outside.

Blair Brown Photos - Zimbio
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Absolute Fan

♥ Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon by Cara
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Fringe

Old 02-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top