Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

"The Bishop Revival" (2.13) - Episode Discussion - REWATCH

Episode 2.13 - "The Bishop Revival "

A LETHAL TOXIN UNCOVERS A SKELETON IN THE BISHOP FAMILY’S CLOSET ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, ON FOX

When a specific group of guests at a wedding in Brookline, MA, suffocate from the inside out, the upsetting and disconcerting crime scene has the Fringe team investigating how the toxin was delivered and targeted. As evidence is taken into the lab, it’s discovered that the wedding ceremony was a testing ground for a weaponized science experiment. Adding to the intense lab investigation, Walter uncovers an alarming formula that reveals a link to a branch on the Bishop family tree. With the escalating threat of more deadly attacks and unexpected familial ties to the case, the Fringe team stops at nothing to prevent further catastrophic events in the all-new “The Bishop Revival” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Jan. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-213)

2.13 Promotional Photos - Fringe TV

Last edited by kbcountry37; 03-26-2014 at 07:02 AM
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Shanna. I'm really excited to see this episode because anytime one of the Bishop's is mentioned in an episode title (some are coming soon), I can't help but feel like it'll be a great one!

Is it 9pm, yet?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed Mandy, I'm really excited for this ep tonight! Especially after I read this part: "Walter uncovers an alarming formula that reveals a link to a branch on the Bishop family tree."
Old 01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Shanna!

I can't wait to see this episode! The promo looks great and i hope to know more about the Bishop Family.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode! I enjoyed the storyline. It was kind of slow moving, but still good. WALTER IS A TOTAL P/O SHIPPER. HE WANTS THEM TO GET MARRIED AHHHH. "Do you think she'll call me Dad?" "Who?" "Agent Dunham!" And Walter wore a purple tux on his wedding, aww! "Agent Dunham you look lovely today., Peter doesn't she look lovely?" "You look lovely Agent Dunham." And then Olivia: "Lose a bet?" Peter: "It was either that or flying lessons" LMFAO <3

And Oh Walter & Astrid: "what color is this?" "Blue" "Good I'm not imagining it." Haha, you can never be too sure with Walter.

I liked learning more about the Bishops this episode. Robert was a scientist too, sweet! Clearly genius runs in the family haha. Walter was SO PISSED that Peter sold those books though. His talk with Olivia at the end was so true, and not just for this episode but for everything. Family really is EVERYTHING to Walter. But it was so sweet how at the end Peter bought the books back, He really is a changed man and truly loves his father.

YAYAYY M the bookstore owner returns! He's hilar, I'm glad we saw him again. He's totes a P/O shipper too. I loved that Peter told Olivia why he sold the books. Peter is always so shady about h is past, but he seems to only tell Olivia the truth. I loved that she asked too. You could tell she was NOT letting it go.

Umm FOR SERIOUS, Walter is a GENUIS. Like sometimes even I forget truly how smart and brilliant he really is. He used the killers DNA to target him! And ummmm is that killer like Fringe's Richard Alpert. Like he doens't age or something? At first I thought maybe he was from the AR, but then when I saw him in the picture with Robert, I guess he doesn't age or something. Hmm. Hopefully they'll explain.

OMG PROMO! NEXT WEEK LOOKS SO GOOD "I never met anyone who can do the things you do" HOLY <3 Can it be next Thursday please?!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode! I think it's a great piece of the puzzle leading up to the ultimate finale of the season to explain all those "What are you talking about, Walter?" questions.

And I think that there is a hint of romance with Olivia and Peter, non?

I'm surprised that Peter didn't notice or look more closely at the other photos before he walked away. But good for Walter for eliminating the guy that was doing all the mass killings. Was that supposed to be Walter in the photo with him or his father?
Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

^Well I assumed it was his father in the picture, because when the murderer guy was at the coffee shop and Walter was investigating, he tells the cop "He looks just like his father." So I assumed he hadn't seen Walter yet.

Quote:
And I think that there is a hint of romance with Olivia and Peter, non?
If there's not then we're from another land or something. GAHHH I love them. And Walter is like their ultimate shipper. He wants them to get married AHHH!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Master Fan

Walter was laying it on really thick at playing match maker.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, Walter is the show's audience! He thinks like we do when it comes to Peter and Olivia.

I'm not sure Peter is a totally changed man, but he is trying. This build-up will only make the AU-Peter-reveal that much more heartbreaking, simply because Peter is trying so hard to make amends and to make up for lost time. It's gonna be bad.

Love the return of Markham the used book seller! Yay. I love him.

Also, suprised no one mentioned that Walter said Peter's mother is dead. ("God rest her soul") Further confirmation that Peter has a lot of pain in his past.

Brilliant ep. Character-driven, and one of the best.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This build-up will only make the AU-Peter-reveal that much more heartbreaking, simply because Peter is trying so hard to make amends and to make up for lost time. It's gonna be bad.
Yeah I think I had said something like this in the Peter/Walter thread. I mean I LOVE this, their scenes since Peter realized he truly does love his father, but I've felt like I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, aka Peter to find out he's not from this reality. Oh boy, bad indeed. I'm trying to decide if I think Walter and Peter getting closer will be better for them, as in Peter would be more willing to forgive him, or worse in that Peter will have felt so bad for what HE'S done in the past, that his father has done something worse. Oyy.

Quote:
Also, suprised no one mentioned that Walter said Peter's mother is dead. ("God rest her soul")
OMG you know, I heard that line, but it didn't comprehend in my head haha. Hmm, so I guess she is dead then. That also makes sense as to why the actress cast as Peter's mother was so young. it's probably a flashback-type thing.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Well I assumed it was his father in the picture, because when the murderer guy was at the coffee shop and Walter was investigating, he tells the cop "He looks just like his father."
Yeah, plus with the old woman at the start we know that the guy was 'out of time' so to speak and the DNA said he was over 100 years old
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

^Yep I was just re-watching the episode and heard that part about the DNA< I must have missed it the first time. So he must be from the past, and/or doesn't age. Odd. Richard Alpert #2?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode once again Walter killed me with his lines and if I didn't love him already, I would love him just for wanting P/O to get married
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Can you imagine P/O getting married and Peter wearing Walter's purple tux? That'd be EPIC and hialr at the same time haha.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

that would be something else doesn't surprise me that he had a purple tux
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita