http://torvsonland.tumblr.com/

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

source
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruedens_!! (View Post)
You know Joel can have a reverse of all phenomena and have PO with Etta in the park and the end. The observers never happen. Happy ending. Wait what? No.
I believe and want Olivia to be happy. But this wont feel happy unless they all remember even Walter. Thats my main issue. Because this will negate the character's growth and storyline.

For Olivia to get a happy ending things need to be resolved and reverse of all phenomena can happen but will ruin her journey. *1
Olivia in 2016 had a "happy" life scenario. Married. And with a kid . Was she happy? Yeah i think she was . Was she fully happy and in peace inside? No. Because :

She still felt "this" life wasn't complete. Something was missing. And she still felt afraid to embrace motherhood complete. Why? She waited for the call. The call that never came. She was "programmed" "taught" to be a soldier in a war. She learned to blend and wait for the war to come . The war she will needed to fight to save the world.

But again even if the call would came she wouldn't feel strong enough to fight. For Olivia to be complete in my opinion and not in Joel's ideal world is for Olivia to "love" and believe in herself. She doesn't . Olivia sees the good in people even they dont see it themselves but she cant see it in her. *2

If Olivia cant believe she is worth it then nothing will work for her.

And i believe PO will get different paths. Revenge is not the answer. Peter goes back in "Reciprocity" ways . Killing shapeshifters out of anger for his destiny with the machine. Well i didnt see any good with that. He collected couple of disks and in the end it didnt prevent the end to come. And i think now it won't do any good either. Because the Observers cant feel. And his pain wont go away.

Olivia for her to be in the right way with her path is not to join him . Thats why 5.02 was important. Olivia doesnt believe in extreme ways of resistance vs observers. Of course it can wake up the rest and start the revolution but it doesnt give the answer to defeat them.

I think Olivia will have her breakdown as she should have because she needs to "feel" the loss and deal with it . But now she needs to believe in herself and i think her determination will lead her with Walter/Astrid to look for the rest of the plan and continue with it until its done.

As for PO i dont see it work. The obstacle Joel gives them is realistic and they dont seem to work it . I think he will have them as two people who love each other but maybe they arent meant to be together because of who they are and what their paths are. *3
I'm not very fond of a reset, but if it implies everybody forgetting this last season (I wouldn't blame them though ), then it will be the worst ending ever!

*1 I think the writers put themselves in a corner with Olivia. I don't like to see Peter going on a revenge tour, but I can understand it if he hopes to bring Etta back, otherwise no; I still don't know what they have for Walter. But with Olivia it's a huge step back. I can understand Olivia being reluctant about being a mother, I can't understand her not embracing motherhood once it happened. Not the Olivia we know from previous seasons. It was a betrayal of her character to suit this melodrama that they're very proud of. Like Anna said, these first episodes were about having Olivia accept her role as a mother, and then they lost Etta again. Now she will have to break down and regroup again. In the very few episodes that we have left is it conceivable to have her happy and accepting of herself? I don't think so. And if the plan is to have the above, so, no thank you very much!

*2 But what can happen to make her feel worth and complete? She bears the cross of giving up on Etta the first time, now they were unable to protect her again. How can she get over this huge cross? Again, the only way I see it, is making season five and the moment the observers invaded nonexistent and you know what I think about that already

As I said, I don't like Peter acting this way. I can understand it's the most natural way to react, to hurt who hurt you, but if his only reason is revenge, if he doesn't have a broader plan, then it won't bring anything to him because it's only a temporary fix, it won't make the pain go away. I'm not sure Olivia will not follow him, as much as I don't like it, I hope she will because if she doesn't I can't possible understand these two ending up together. It's the good and the bad moments, right? I would like to see both of them realizing it's only the bigger plan that will make them heal, reconnect, have another chance as individuals and as a couple.

*3 I think he gambled too much. They had too much obstacles and this last one was not necessary and was not fair for both characters. For me what he's doing is making me believe that these two can't in fact be together. It's the only end that makes sense for me at the moment. But I should know after that horrid episode in S4 that he thinks is the ultimate love story between two people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Like I said in another thread I totally think that's right prudens:
I can't imagine how it has to feel to lose your child but in my opinion to lose a child once it must be so cruel and hard and really difficult for a relationship, but twice ?? I think only a really good and stronge relationship would get through this and because they are both always runing away from each other and don't care about themselves, I would find it more realistically if they wouldn't get through it, if they don't change their behaviour. I really love my PO but I think that would make more sense then everything else at this point of the story.

If they would go back in time without memories it wouldn't fit but I think if they would remember it would change their relationship but I think maybe in a good way because then they know how it feels to be alone with your sadness and how it hurts to be alone so maybe they will change their behavior .

If we don't travel into the past and Joel doesn't have a super duper plan( I maybe can't imagine at this moment, but that would change everything for me ), then for this storyline in this timeline I believe it's like you said, they love each other but because of their past and their way to handle things they are one of this tragic couples that are not meant to be although they do their best and try the hardest
Julia, I don't think any couple would survive the loss of a child twice, no matter how strong they were. And PO at the moment are not strong enough. That's why I couldn't agree more with your last paragraph. I feel like they gambled too much with these two and ended up losing everything I'm not one of those fans who will accept anything as long as I have my PO happy ending. I really hope they can save them in the next episodes.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

So right Sofia and because I don't want to repeat everything, all I can say is .

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

source
Old 11-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

source
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

source
Old 11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

source