Fan Forum Hero

Decide on the title. I hate threads without titles

I'll have my thoughts on Olivia tomorrow. I'm too tired to articulate them now

source
Old 10-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

I vote for this one:

Quote:
Because Olivia's ultimate journey is not to be a loner.
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Total Fan

http://krisbianftw.tumblr.com/post/33975876164

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Total Fan

-

Last edited by sofiab; 11-01-2012 at 09:58 AM
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I will be okay with both , too
Oh and I red Anna was with Georgina at a " Snitch and Bitch " http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fringe-D...m-1055106.aspx How cute .
But I really start to ask myself, if Anna is knitting so many things , why do we never see her wearing something I would love to see some of the things she and Jasika do I don't think it will be to bad to wear it

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble

Last edited by Finity; 10-28-2012 at 03:28 AM
Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Maybe Anna just likes to knit. I’ve seen Jasika wearing things that she made; Anna I don’t think so.

source
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great picture^.

Quote:
But I really start to ask myself, if Anna is knitting so many things , why do we never see her wearing something I would love to see some of the things she and Jasika do I don't think it will be to bad to wear it
Maybe Anna knits for other people... Who made the sweater, that Josh was wearing at Wonder Con in March?

Jasika is on tumblr, she posted pictures of the clothes she made. Pretty nice, I have to say.

Anna was spotted knitting on set in the past:
Quote:
Fringe in Vancouver
Anna Torv was knitting herself a scarf, which is awesome!
source
Quote:
Below is a variety of pics from the earlier scene with Lance, and her later scene with Joshua, as well as a few of her just hanging out, knitting. For some reason, I dont think of young & attractive females as knitters. So it seemed odd to me. So I took some pics of it.

source
Old 10-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Loyal Fan

How great and I don't know this pics. It looks really funny to see her knitting on set thx for th pics

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

source
Old 10-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will Etta’s death take Olivia back to square one? Her death will make her think that she is indeed guilt of bringing someone to this world and that she doesn’t deserve any kind of happiness. When she was beginning to know and accept her role in Etta’s life, they take her away from he again. How much more do they need to beat these characters? I don’t like it when the only option I’m given is to feel sorry for the characters. We were told that Olivia’s SL this season is to accept her vulnerability and right to be happy. I want her to achieve that, but I also want to have the Olivia of the first 3.5 seasons back, the one that had a purpose and would work towards that purpose.

I’m sorry that we won’t have more Olivia/Etta scenes; since season one that they deprived Olivia of any other relationship that wasn’t the one with Peter. They got rid of Charlie, her only friend, they got rid of Ella and Rachel, the only ones who allowed us see the other side of her. We never saw Olivia with her father or mother, it was really nice to be able to navigate this new relationship, but unfortunately it’s over even before it started.

source
Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ I hope not, I don't want to see Olivia punish herself again, we've been seeing her do that for a while now so I think it's time to change it, but change it to what exactly?

source
Old 10-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Total Fan

-

Old 10-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Total Fan

http://sydneydunham.tumblr.com/post/...-love-the-cast

Old 10-29-2012, 03:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think it comes to what Anna says about Olivia this year for being a loner. I think Olivia now will embrace the idea she is not meant to be happy . Olivia's life no matter how you see it is a series of events that cause nothing but pain . Even when she had happiness she was afraid to embrace it and she was conflicted . Im afraid of how she will react NOW to Etta's death.
I think she will have a major breakdown and then she will shut herself once and for all because she has nothing left besides the "plan" and that brings me again to the "die to save the world" i think they going there and to be honest i don't like the idea because so far Olivia died twice for that . Once in s3 and second time on s4 finale.

The bullet that connects Olivia and Etta since s4 finale is giving that. Olivia died to save the world from Bell's plan to destroy both universes and now her daughter died trying to save the world from the observers. Olivia gets the message clearly.

But i don't want her to feel complete by embracing the idea that she needs to die and save the world . Sacrifice her life for the greater good. I mean if you guys have watched LOST and i use LOST because we have the hero main character who embraces the loner path who returns in the island knowing he won't leave and he might die and he completes his journey by dying in order to save the "world" and his friends . Even though i doubt Fringe will go in the purgatory mood or use the "let go" path .

Olivia this year doesnt want to have control over the situation . But im afraid after her reaction and the focus in the bullet when her daughter died the message is again clear.

I really believe Olivia is a character who can have a happy ending and complete her journey without her being one more time the sacrifice for the greater good. But what i believe and what Wyman believes are two different things but i really wanna see Olivia accepting the trials and finally accept herself . Because right now the way i see it recovering from Etta's death won't be simple and it throws her to only one direction. Complete the plan Walter has no matter the cost. Because Olivia is not a character who will throw herself to get revenge . She knows trying to track every observer and kill him or torture him won't help .

Quote:
I’m sorry that we won’t have more Olivia/Etta scenes; since season one that they deprived Olivia of any other relationship that wasn’t the one with Peter. They got rid of Charlie, her only friend, they got rid of Ella and Rachel, the only ones who allowed us see the other side of her. We never saw Olivia with her father or mother, it was really nice to be able to navigate this new relationship, but unfortunately it’s over even before it started.
you know what bothers me? That you dont need this season the guests to know what some characters did. Im still annoyed by the fact in the rebooted timeline we never knew what happened to Charlie. As for Ella/Rachel really now i get low budget no time for special guests and all but a mention of rachel and ella and her family won't hurt. Olivia had a sister and a niece and a nephew and despite the budget a mention in a dialogue won't kill anyone the same applies for Astrid's father as well. Not to mention even though it wasnt never mentioned Olivia cant not have mother issues. I always thought she had a well relationship with her dad before he died but with her mother dont tell me Olivia got through the fact her mother married a monster or the fact she wasn't able to protect her kids and leaving Olivia to deal with the stepfather monster in 2 timelines. Or the fact she died . I mean thats one of the things i wanted to see Olivia get through along with the stepfather issue they ignored.