Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
@nikki this last sentence :" Yeah….. that is obvious " Did Anna say it to the guy
That was writer´s comment. Anna is too polite to say something like that.

Quote:
I really did love Game of Thrones because it’s so magical.
I watched GoT because Anna praised it at the Emmys last year. And she is right: it´s a super show. The story, the acting. I wish Anna could be in it, but they´re shooting in Europe and I don´t know if she would like to go over there.
She´s so coy when asked about her plans after Fringe. I think she would like to take a break for awhile, like Josh describes it, "just napping".
Old 09-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I thought that Anna didn't say this but it would be really funny if she had, mad but a little bit funny , too
Yes I think napping is a good idea but I'm afraid that we didn't see her again if her break will take to long

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 09-29-2012, 06:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Yes I think napping is a good idea but I'm afraid that we didn't see her again if her break will take to long
What, you want her to get another project immediately after Fringe ends? We fans are selfish like that.

As much as I´d love her to work 16-hours days so I could see her on my TV again I´ll be totally OK with her taking a break to rest. Or to have a baby (if she wants one). She said she loves kids and she is great with them.

Anna with Kirk Acevedo´s kid.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So Olivia went on with her life of trying to save the world after they lost Etta. It’s in character, no doubt about that. In fact, going after the ones who took her daughter must have given her even more motivation. Olivia never stayed behind to lick her wounds and commiserate, I’m glad at least this trait of her personality wasn’t forgotten. But I can see her changing or at least wanting to change. Let it go a bit, accept that you don’t have to save the world every single day of your life.

I was dreading the Olivia/Etta reunion scene; I feared they would make it too sappy, shame on me because if there’s one thing that Fringe never was sappy. It was beautifully done with Etta’s emotional “hi mama” and Olivia’s incredulous and relieved look at her daughter; that slow embrace like they wanted to make sure it was real, that they could feel each other. On a shallow note, is there a more bad ass mama/daughter duo out there? I don’t think so.

Can we already predict what will be one of the issues between Etta and Olivia? Etta seems not to have boundaries. She has to get job done no matter what. I say go Etta, erase those bastards However, she’s not that different from Olivia, is she? The Olivia from season one and two was pretty ruthless too when she wanted to have the job done, the difference is that the world Etta lives in is more extreme, so she’s more extreme too. I wish though that they would tone down the guns, the torture scenes, the brutal atmosphere. I hate it and I’m sad that Fringe fell into the predictable post-apocalyptic resistance scenario where everything is allowed.

source

source
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
So Olivia went on with her life of trying to save the world after they lost Etta. It’s in character, no doubt about that. In fact, going after the ones who took her daughter must have given her even more motivation. Olivia never stayed behind to lick her wounds and commiserate, I’m glad at least this trait of her personality wasn’t forgotten. But I can see her changing or at least wanting to change. Let it go a bit, accept that you don’t have to save the world every single day of your life.

I was dreading the Olivia/Etta reunion scene; I feared they would make it too sappy, shame on me because if there’s one thing that Fringe never was sappy. It was beautifully done with Etta’s emotional “hi mama” and Olivia’s incredulous and relieved look at her daughter; that slow embrace like they wanted to make sure it was real, that they could feel each other. On a shallow note, is there a more bad ass mama/daughter duo out there? I don’t think so.

Can we already predict what will be one of the issues between Etta and Olivia? Etta seems not to have boundaries. She has to get job done no matter what. I say go Etta, erase those bastards However, she’s not that different from Olivia, is she? The Olivia from season one and two was pretty ruthless too when she wanted to have the job done, the difference is that the world Etta lives in is more extreme, so she’s more extreme too. I wish though that they would tone down the guns, the torture scenes, the brutal atmosphere. I hate it and I’m sad that Fringe fell into the predictable post-apocalyptic resistance scenario where everything is allowed.
You know how much I was dreading the new "obstacle" for PO and I really hate admitting this but it actually made sense. Olivia has always been self-sacrificing when it comes to saving the world. As much as it must have pained her to accept that Etta was gone she knew she still had an important mission to fulfill. Or maybe she just wanted to kick some Observer ass for destroying her happy life.

PERFECT MOTHER/DAUGHTER REUNION!!! You could see all of Olivia's emotions playing out on her face/in her eyes: disbelief, uncertainty, relief, acceptance, happiness, and love. And yes they are one badass duo.

I'm looking forward to seeing Olivia/Etta clash over her badassness. I think it makes Etta a more interesting character. She's doing what she has to save the world just like Olivia has done in the past. Except now Olivia will have a hard time dealing with this b/c it's her daughter's life on the line.

BTW, any thread title suggestions?

ETA:

This what I had suggested from the last thread. Didn't realize that my second suggestion had already been used.

Because we're excited to see Olivia in her new badass leather jacket!
Icon: JAFpunk59

Last edited by star_gazer02; 09-29-2012 at 08:31 AM
Old 09-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It's not wrong to admit it, Amy I think we had discussed it would be a very natural obstacle; what we didn't like was that another obstacle after so many others, some of them really

I will also admit that I hadn't thought about Olivia cleaning up her wounds and go back to save the world despite her own suffering. She did it with John, she did it with Peter, she would do it with Etta.

I think what will be interesting to see is that Olivia had no problem in being intense and determined when it came to have her job done, but there was a line, a code. Etta doesn't have that, but it would be very hard to have in the circumstances she's living and grew up in. And of course she won't accept Olivia now lecturing her about that. Olivia doesn't know Etta and Etta doesn't know Olivia. There's the love, of course, the wanting to make up for the lost time, but there's to much to cover and they'll clash very often. Again, I think it's a very natural consequence and I'm looking forward to those scenes.

I'll try to come up with some more suggestions. Let me think after this episode discussion frenzy

with the ocean in my arms.

ETA: Who else thinks that there’s something behind Etta’s “I was four last time I saw my parents” and Olivia’s “three years, one month and five days”?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
^ It's not wrong to admit it, Amy I think we had discussed it would be a very natural obstacle; what we didn't like was that another obstacle after so many others, some of them really

I will also admit that I hadn't thought about Olivia cleaning up her wounds and go back to save the world despite her own suffering. She did it with John, she did it with Peter, she would do it with Etta.

I think what will be interesting to see is that Olivia had no problem in being intense and determined when it came to have her job done, but there was a line, a code. Etta doesn't have that, but it would be very hard to have in the circumstances she's living and grew up in. And of course she won't accept Olivia now lecturing her about that. Olivia doesn't know Etta and Etta doesn't know Olivia. There's the love, of course, the wanting to make up for the lost time, but there's to much to cover and they'll clash very often. Again, I think it's a very natural consequence and I'm looking forward to those scenes.

I'll try to come up with some more suggestions. Let me think after this episode discussion frenzy

ETA: Who else thinks that there’s something behind Etta’s “I was four last time I saw my parents” and Olivia’s “three years, one month and five days”?
We did discuss it as a viable story but like I said above I didn't think it would come across that way on screen. I'm glad that it did though. I'm just a teeny tiny bit more accepting of this obstacle.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. As it has been stated before, Olivia has always been strong. She's always picked herself up and continued to fight. We should have realized that she would use the same approach with losing Etta.

Exactly. Olivia has a moral code and conscience. It's not to say that Etta doesn't have one but in this situation it doesn't apply. I think we should see some great Olivia/Etta scenes come from this. I have a feeling Etta believes both her parent would understand why she has such a ruthless approach when dealing with the Observers and will be surprised when Olivia voices her concerns. It's interesting isn't it that Etta isn't afraid to cross the line as Bell once warned Walter about.

Sure.

I posted about that in the spoilers' thread.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, we still don't know if Peter and Olivia will be totally disapproving of the way Etta acts; I only said that based on the promo for next week. As this is all a getting to know each other process for them, maybe Olivia will see her point. But as a mother I think it's always difficult to see your child like that. I for sure would have an hear attack

But there's this interesting thing; Olivia almost killed her stepfather in the original timeline, and actually did it in S4's timeline. To protect her mother. Would it be that wrong if Etta did the same to protect her loved ones? I don't think so. This is a very difficult situation for Olivia to navigate as a mother.

I need to go there then.

Here's an interview where Anna talks about Etta/Olivia. Yes, how much can you teach or lecture your daughter when she's not that much younger than you?

SOURCE
Old 09-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)
What, you want her to get another project immediately after Fringe ends? We fans are selfish like that.

As much as I´d love her to work 16-hours days so I could see her on my TV again I´ll be totally OK with her taking a break to rest. Or to have a baby (if she wants one). She said she loves kids and she is great with them.

Anna with Kirk Acevedo´s kid.
no of course not I want her to get a break but not to long that 's all
Oh yes Anna is great with kids and I hope she will get some but I think before she has to find the right guy

Great titel Amy I love it
@sofia about this "ETA: Who else thinks that there’s something behind Etta’s “I was four last time I saw my parents” and Olivia’s “three years, one month and five days”?"
I ask myself ,too . I'm not sure

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, we still don't know if Peter and Olivia will be totally disapproving of the way Etta acts; I only said that based on the promo for next week. As this is all a getting to know each other process for them, maybe Olivia will see her point. But as a mother I think it's always difficult to see your child like that. I for sure would have an hear attack

But there's this interesting thing; Olivia almost killed her stepfather in the original timeline, and actually did it in S4's timeline. To protect her mother. Would it be that wrong if Etta did the same to protect her loved ones? I don't think so. This is a very difficult situation for Olivia to navigate as a mother.

I need to go there then.

Here's an interview where Anna talks about Etta/Olivia. Yes, how much can you teach or lecture your daughter when she's not that much younger than you?
I'm sure they will admire his kick ass ways but if she starts to cross the line as they were alluding to in the promo for 4x02 - the scene with Etta/Olivia and Etta/Peter - then yeah I think they would both try to bring her back from crossing the line.

Ohhh I forgot about his. I wonder it Etta knows this or Olivia will tell her about it.

Etta can so easily say, "Mom I know you would do the same thing. I read your FBI file."

Did anyone notice how there was no music in this scene? I felt like we were all holding our breaths for this moment and then when they finally embraced we could breathe again... and then the music started.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have nothing against crossing the line with observers No, I don't want to see Etta as a killing machine. Boundaries are necessary, even if it's their daughter and they love her. Precisely because of that, in fact.

I don't know if Etta will know, but Olivia's past will play a role in the way she deals with the situation. Olivia was also hardened by life, she didn't have a happy childhood.

I didn't notice, Amy. But I don't notice a lot of things watching online, the conditions are far from good.

A few hours before she was ambered, and look at her all bamf again

I am enchanted by the light you brought to me
Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have nothing against crossing the line with observers No, I don't want to see Etta as a killing machine. Boundaries are necessary, even if it's their daughter and they love her. Precisely because of that, in fact.

I don't know if Etta will know, but Olivia's past will play a role in the way she deals with the situation. Olivia was also hardened by life, she didn't have a happy childhood.

I didn't notice, Amy. But I don't notice a lot of things watching online, the conditions are far from good.

A few hours before she was ambered, and look at her all bamf again
Of course not. Observers must die right? I don't think Etta is a killing machine nor do I think they are trying to make her be one. I think they just want to show her as being tough and having a hard edge which translates as "eliminate the Observers by any means necessary."

Right and Olivia is most probably going to suffer guilt over Etta as well.

Seriously! Nothing slows down the Dunhamnator!!

ETA:

I don't know if this was posted before. I just saw it and really liked it.

Last edited by star_gazer02; 09-29-2012 at 03:51 PM
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video, Amy. I love that song. I think it was the best thing about Snow White and the Huntsman

Definitely guilt will play a part. But I also hope they show Etta's side. What does she think of her parents? Do they meet her expectations?

Tomorrow I'll post some more title suggestions. A thread without a title is not pretty

your heart is a city
Old 09-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the video, Amy. I love that song. I think it was the best thing about Snow White and the Huntsman

Definitely guilt will play a part. But I also hope they show Etta's side. What does she think of her parents? Do they meet her expectations?

Tomorrow I'll post some more title suggestions. A thread without a title is not pretty
Me too!!! Didn't watch the movie so can't comment. Florence and the Machine is one of my fave musicians.

Yes I want to see this too. I'm sure Etta has built up PO in her mind so much that now the reality of meeting might not be what she originally thought.

Please do I can't think of anything right now.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Florence too.

I have a suggestion, but I'll have to ask you first; you know I have crazy ideas sometimes

There's a survivor going on here for those who didn't vote.