Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

"Amber 31422" (3.05) -- Episode Discussion

Episode 3.05 - "Amber 31422"

Original Airdate: November 4th, 2010

THE TEAM SEES DOUBLE ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE”

Shawn Ashmore (“X-Men: The Last Stand”) and Aaron Ashmore (“Smallville”) Guest-Star

The alternate universe Fringe Division investigates a shocking breach of security when a twin frees his brother (guest stars Shawn and Aaron Ashmore) from a quarantined Amber area. As the team sets out to crack this sophisticated case, Walternate experiments over there more with Olivia as she reenters the tank. Meanwhile, visions of Peter continue to haunt Olivia about returning to the “other side” in the all-new “Amber 31422” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Nov. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-305) (TV-14 L, V)

3.05 Promotional Photos - Fringe Television

Promos/Trailers:

Sneak Peaks:

Old 11-04-2010, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting. We're almost there!

Old 11-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

I am REALLY looking forward to this episode tonight! I especially love those little cameos by Peter and how he's so determined to convince Olivia of who she really is. It's like she's already been dating him for a long time in her mind and knows how much he loves her!

I'll be back later once I've seen the episode.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh, looking forward to seeing more of Lincoln in this episode.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I am REALLY looking forward to this episode tonight! I especially love those little cameos by Peter and how he's so determined to convince Olivia of who she really is. It's like she's already been dating him for a long time in her mind and knows how much he loves her!

I'll be back later once I've seen the episode.
I can't wait either, Mandy! Plus I've really loved all the episodes on the other side so far and I'm looking forward to learning more about over there! All the promos and sneak peeks got me so excited! Can't wait for later!
Old 11-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally . I'm still on Over There, Part I, though . I'm just partying.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Just a couple more hours.....

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Love love loveddddd tonight's episode! I really enjoy the episodes on the other side. IDK what it is, maybe that it's something new and different or I like all the new technology, or that our Liv is really over there ... but whatever it is, I enjoy it every other week.

First off I loveeee the dynamic between the Fringe team over there more and more every week. Lincoln, Charlie, and Liv <3 Obv they can't ever replace our trio of Peter, Walter and Olivia, but they make a close second. They seem so close and are always fooling around with each other. That scene with the popsicles was cute, and I loved the scenes after they almost got hit with the bomb too. They really all care about each other.

I saw a little bit more of a sympathetic Walternate this episode. He did seem concerned about the people trapped in the Amber, so he does have a soft side. It just rarely ever comes out. It was still nice to see though.

I LOVE ME some hallucination!Peter. Josh is playing that role perfectlyyyy. Their chem is off the charts for one, that car scene was epic! But I love that he helped her with the case, and ultimately helped Olivia realize who she is. YES OLIVIA KNOWS NOW. I know I said in the past that I wanted Peter to rescue her (and I still think it would be awesome if he did) but I do love that he was the one to make her remember, which could mean more than physically rescuing her. I think Olivia needs to do that on her own, hallucination!Peter even said it. "No one's gonna save you, except you." I so cannot WAIT for the next episode on the other side to see how Olivia is going to plan her escape.

Other things I thought were cool/interesting/loved this ep: The suspended animation in the amber. I like seeing that theory used/explained! And ELLA AHHH. I kinda miss her. Not too much Ella, but we haven't seen her at all this season, I liked hearing her little voice again. I also loved this line one of the twins said, because it's SO PERFECT for Olivia's case - "Just because we look alike doesn't mean we have anything in commn"

Overall lovedddd this episode and YES OLIVIA REMEMBERS AHHHH! I can't wait for the next batch of episodes! I think this was a great episode to come back from hiatus with, good call show!

ELLA!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was a bit disappointed with this one. I don't know why, but it felt... off. I have to admit that I liked the promos better... I'll have to rewatch to see why I didn't like it as much as the past episodes... I feel the quality dropped a few points. I don't mean it was bad, I'm glad that our Olivia is coming to the surface again, but I wish this had happened in a better episode.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
Love love loveddddd tonight's episode! I really enjoy the episodes on the other side. IDK what it is, maybe that it's something new and different or I like all the new technology, or that our Liv is really over there ... but whatever it is, I enjoy it every other week.

First off I loveeee the dynamic between the Fringe team over there more and more every week. Lincoln, Charlie, and Liv <3 Obv they can't ever replace our trio of Peter, Walter and Olivia, but they make a close second. They seem so close and are always fooling around with each other. That scene with the popsicles was cute, and I loved the scenes after they almost got hit with the bomb too. They really all care about each other.

I saw a little bit more of a sympathetic Walternate this episode. He did seem concerned about the people trapped in the Amber, so he does have a soft side. It just rarely ever comes out. It was still nice to see though.

I LOVE ME some hallucination!Peter. Josh is playing that role perfectlyyyy. Their chem is off the charts for one, that car scene was epic! But I love that he helped her with the case, and ultimately helped Olivia realize who she is. YES OLIVIA KNOWS NOW. I know I said in the past that I wanted Peter to rescue her (and I still think it would be awesome if he did) but I do love that he was the one to make her remember, which could mean more than physically rescuing her. I think Olivia needs to do that on her own, hallucination!Peter even said it. "No one's gonna save you, except you." I so cannot WAIT for the next episode on the other side to see how Olivia is going to plan her escape.

Other things I thought were cool/interesting/loved this ep: The suspended animation in the amber. I like seeing that theory used/explained! And ELLA AHHH. I kinda miss her. Not too much Ella, but we haven't seen her at all this season, I liked hearing her little voice again. I also loved this line one of the twins said, because it's SO PERFECT for Olivia's case - "Just because we look alike doesn't mean we have anything in commn"

Overall lovedddd this episode and YES OLIVIA REMEMBERS AHHHH! I can't wait for the next batch of episodes! I think this was a great episode to come back from hiatus with, good call show!

ELLA!

Shanna, I feel the same way. I really like the episodes over there more than the ones over here; there’s a certain energy about them. I think Olivia, Lincoln and Charlie make them so great to watch. They’re a sassy unit This was another very solid episode. They managed to move the action forward, Olivia remembers, and at the same time there were very interesting aspects of it that made me go back to Safe’s season one. The way they connect the dots is fantastic. And all this at an incredible pace, there’s no wasted time.

I liked Walternate much more too. I was already sympathetic with him and his reasons, but this time he showed some genuine grief over the Amber victims. How horrible is it? It’s like they’re buried alive! I hope they’ll find a way to save them. The way they have to live over there justifies their actions. People from over here would do the same to protect their world.

I know I made a very loud “aww, I knew it” when I heard Ella’s voice. It made my day. I think this is the perfect combination: Peter is in Olivia’s head, helping her, like you say, not a physical rescue, but the help that she needs and that makes more sense for them, and Ella, her family, her own blood, brought the memory of who she is back. No way, they could have left Olivia’s family out of this. It wouldn’t be realistic. The car scene was my favorite PO scene too because Peter is the person who makes Olivia feel things and face reality, and how Josh made it so convincing was fantastic. Now it would be interesting to see if over here Ella mentions that her aunt Liv called her.

"Just because we look alike doesn't mean we have anything in common". I thought the same and I think it could be seen in the scene when Olivia goes to see the twin and decides to drop and close the case. Olivia can sympathize with people, with the victims; Altlivia over here shot a deaf guy. Would they have done the same if they were living those exact same circumstances? I have my doubts; like we were told, Altlivia wants to win, no matter what, Olivia wants to do the right thing.

One of the twins had that final sacrifice scene to save his brother. Because it was the right thing to do. It made me wonder if later we’ll see someone sacrificing for a greater cause.

And on a shallow note: every girl needs a Frank. He cooks and he cleans

And finally, the most important thing: Olivia is back! Even if just for moments. She knows where she is, she knows her reality. The really scary stuff for her will start now. I have the feeling Walternate knew she was lying when she said nothing had happened. Things are about to become very dangerous for Olivia.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
like we were told, Altlivia wants to win, no matter what, Olivia wants to do the right thing.
Exactly. And that's one of the major differences between them. I can't wait to see what Olivia's next move is gonna be now that she remembers. She's deff gonna be coming home soon I feel. And I totes can't wait for Henry!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
I was a bit disappointed with this one. I don't know why, but it felt... off. I have to admit that I liked the promos better... I'll have to rewatch to see why I didn't like it as much as the past episodes... I feel the quality dropped a few points. I don't mean it was bad, I'm glad that our Olivia is coming to the surface again, but I wish this had happened in a better episode.
I'm with you..i liked it but not how much the first fourths..it was a little slow for me on certain points and the case was a bit flaw.

However i'm glad that Olivia remembers who she is now, and i liked all the scenes between her and Peter, but expecially the car one. Lincoln and alt Charlie are amazing and very funny and their team dynamic is beautiful

I'm glad that they showed us that Walternate isn't so cold or heartless..and i think he really cares for Peter (so probably the machine isn't going to kill him).

And when Olivia phoned to Ella for her birthday? How amazing was that?

I'm curious to see where the storyline will go from now on..
Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Absolute Fan

I really enjoyed the episode. I loved how they paralleled Olvia's SL with the twins. I thought that was clever and liked how we got to learn more about the amber.

I'm still not sure about Walternate. He seems to care about things but yet he is so determined to do whatever it takes when it comes to his plans. Like how he goes right to the critical stage with Olivia in the tank. I don't see our Walter doing something drastic as that. And I think Walternate definitely knows something is up now with Olivia, especially after she showed up a day early to go into the tank and you could tell on his face how disappointed he was when she said didn't see anything.

Loved that we saw more HalluPeter than I thought we would. I'm glad it was so much more than what the promos showed. Loved how Olivia finally broke down in the car and spoke back to him. Now she's going to trust what her HalluPeter is telling her.

Quote:
I think this is the perfect combination: Peter is in Olivia’s head, helping her, like you say, not a physical rescue, but the help that she needs and that makes more sense for them, and Ella, her family, her own blood, brought the memory of who she is back. No way, they could have left Olivia’s family out of this. It wouldn’t be realistic.
Perfectly said, Sofiab. Her relationship with Ella is so precious to her that I love how HalluPeter finally was able to break thru to her because of it.

Quote:
I loveeee the dynamic between the Fringe team over there more and more every week. Lincoln, Charlie, and Liv <3 Obv they can't ever replace our trio of Peter, Walter and Olivia, but they make a close second. They seem so close and are always fooling around with each other. That scene with the popsicles was cute, and I loved the scenes after they almost got hit with the bomb too. They really all care about each other.
ITA, Shanna. They are the best thing about the alternative universe IMO. I really want Olivia to take them home with her LOVE THEM!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good episode but not great.

I really don't like the other side; the only good things are out Liv & Charlie.

The case was interesting enough, I'm glad allucination!Peter helped her through it

Walternate gave me the creeps, everything he did & still does is scary.

Ella
Liv phoned for her birthday

NOW SHE REMEMBERS!!!!

And that's the most important thing. Now she needs to come home.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really want Olivia to take them home with her LOVE THEM!
Umm right? I heart them. But for reals IDK if I want them to like live on our side, but it would be sweet if later on the two worlds can live peacefully together in harmony and Liv can travel between worlds and visit them.