Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2020, 08:34 PM
Total Fan

*We were able to revive people frozen in amber - in S5 before the reset.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:30 PM
Total Fan

We know that Humphrey Bogart did not star in neither "Casablanca" nor "The Maltese Falcon" in the alternate universe. What then do you suppose Bogie did 'over there'?
Old 05-15-2020, 12:20 PM
Total Fan

Alternate Universe Thread #2: Familiar people leading different lives at the exact same time.

Four possible theories come to mind concerning alternate Humphrey Bogart.

1. Humphrey Bogart didn't exist in the alternate universe.

2. Bogie and Ronald Reagan 'switched' places, so Humphrey Bogart was the B-movie actor 'over there'.

3. Humphrey Bogart was still a movie actor 'over there', but just didn't star in "Casablanca" or "The Maltese Falcon".

4. Humphrey Bogart chose another profession and was not a celebrity in the alternate universe.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

5. Humphrey Bogart "over there" died in their version of WWI

~Heidi
Old 05-15-2020, 07:37 PM
Total Fan

Well, whether he didn't exist, was a B-movie actor, chose another profession, or was killed in WWI, a whole lotta movies besides "Casablanca" and "The Maltese Falcon" would have been made with a different leading man.

Who else could have played opposite Katharine Hepburn in "The African Queen"?

I'd be almost scared to ask what their version of WWI was.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
5. Humphrey Bogart "over there" died in their version of WWI
Considering that alternate William Bell died at a young age, this scenerio holds some water.

In 1918, Bogart joined the US Navy, and spent most of his time during the war transporting troops back and forth between the US and Europe on the USS Leviathan.

In this universe, while on assignment in the military police, a prisoner struck Bogart in the mouth, and left him with his famous scar and a slight lisp which gave a more sinister quality to his already gravelly voice.

In the alternate universe, this could have been a lethal blow.

Or the USS Leviathan could have been blown up. This could have been an indication of a far worse US invovlement in WWI.

Or something else.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

Alternate Universe Thread #2: Familiar people leading different lives at the exact same time.

Springfield, Massachusetts 'over here'.

Fringe Episode 418: "The Consultant" - Fringe418TheConsultant0006087 - Fringe Files

Springfield, Massachusetts 'over there'.

Fringe Episode 418: "The Consultant" - Fringe418TheConsultant0006107 - Fringe Files
Old 06-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Total Fan

I am reposting my chronological order of red alternate universe events from page 1, based on the clues "Fringe" gave us, for easier referencing.

http://www.fanforum.com/f297/alterna...0/index15.html

In addition, I have added five more AU events not previously listed.

August 14, 1959 - New York Titans is founded. Team never changed its name to the New York Jets in the alternate universe.
Fringe Episode 418: "The Consultant" - Fringe418TheConsultant0008853 - Fringe Files

October 26, 1984 - "The Terminator" premieres in theaters.
Clue: There was an operatic adaptation of the classic action film that debuted in 2009, directed Andrew Lloyd Webber, according to William Bell's New York Post Newspaper article in the Fringe Season 2 Press Kit.
FringeS2Newspaper04.jpg (image)

Also notice that Arnold Schwarzenegger was a senator instead of a governor 'over there', and that WWE wrestler and actor Dwayne Johnson is an opera singer. I wonder if he still has his wrestling and acting career in the alternate universe.

May 5, 2009 - Half of Boston in quarantined lockdown after Blight attack.
Fringe Episode 119: "The Road Not Taken" - fringe119-365 - Fringe Files

September 23, 2010 - In our universe, alternate Olivia (disguised as Olivia) tells Walter that she has not seen shoes like his Wallabees (a line of shoes from C&J Clark) "in a while," and asks if he is "bringing them back." Walter responds by asking her, "Where did they go?". This is an indication that Wallabees were also found in the alternate universe until recently (within alternate Olivia's lifetime), but have gone out of style 'over there'. ("Olivia")

2012 - Ebbets Field was apparently either rebuilt or remodeled around this time.
Fringe Episode 418: "The Consultant" - Fringe418TheConsultant0008689 - Fringe Files

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 07-08-2020 at 03:17 PM
Old 06-10-2020, 11:57 AM
Total Fan

2010 - "Smokey and the Bandit: The Final Lap" is released in theaters.

In this universe, Jackie Gleason (The Honeymooners), who played Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County in the film series, died on June 24, 1987. In the alternate universe, Jackie Gleason would have had to have lived much longer (or still be alive), for this film to have been made around 2010.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to wonder if Splash came out 26 years later in the alternate universe, or is that a completely different movie or a sequel?

~Heidi
Old 06-10-2020, 06:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I have to wonder if Splash came out 26 years later in the alternate universe, or is that a completely different movie or a sequel?
It's a sequel. "Splash 7: Love Sinks!". The film series may have started out with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks 'over there', but by No.7 had a completely different cast.

Old 06-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks! I thought that was a 7 on the marquee, but I wasn't sure if it was part of the title, or the time of the showing.

~Heidi
Old 06-13-2020, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

This thread is so fun!
Old 06-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse25 (View Post)
2010 - "Smokey and the Bandit: The Final Lap" is released in theaters.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...971vw3fjpg.jpg

In this universe, Jackie Gleason (The Honeymooners), who played Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County in the film series, died on June 24, 1987. In the alternate universe, Jackie Gleason would have had to have lived much longer (or still be alive), for this film to have been made around 2010.
Burt Reynolds was 74 in 2010. I have to wonder if he would have the same screen presence.

~Heidi
Old 06-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Burt Reynolds was 74 in 2010. I have to wonder if he would have the same screen presence.
There are two schools of thought behind this that I can think of.

A. People live longer and healthier 'over there', look at Walternate as one example and Len Bias as another, still playing ball and winning a NBA championship for the Boston Celtics at the age of 45 in 2009. This is why I think Jackie Gleason was around for this one at the age of 94 in 2010.

B. Like "Splash 7", the movie could have had a different cast.

Since it is 'The Final Lap', I would guess it was with the original cast. Sally Field looks great for her age 'over here', I would imagine she looks even better for her age 'over there'.

I think alternate Burt Reynolds would have a similar screen presence as well and would probably still be alive today 'over there'.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 06-13-2020 at 07:13 PM