Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
The alt universe is much more awesome than ours.
Except for the fact that it's slowly being torn apart, Boston and other cities are now completely quarantined etc.

But aside from thhhhaaaatttt.... yep, it's pretty cool!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I really love the technological advances on the other side, but Seersha is right there is consequences to that. Both worlds are different but the same in some way. they have the same balance I think. While the other side is more advanced technologically, the land itself is deteriorating (no trees, the quarantine like Seersha said). Our side has less technological advancements but our land as of now seems to be in good shape. So I think they balance watch other out. It's definitely cool to see all the gadgets and such they have on that side though. And How cool it would be if they were real.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry to DP, but this video is WAY COOL. A teeeeny bit spoilery:

Old 09-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Very cool video, thanks!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

OMG awesome video!

it makes me wanna look into more stuff like that. lol.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

RIGHT. I love that Fringe has even more easter-egg stuff if you want to look for it, but if not you could just watch it and still love it.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Obsessed Fan

Brilliant video. I love all the hidden stuff. This show is so well written, blows my mind.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Enjoyed seeing more of the Alt-Universe. Smallpox? Oxygen alerts? No pens for like, 25 years? I'm really enjoying learning more and more about the Alt-Universe and the new characters (ie. Lincoln). Not saying I'd wanna live in a world that's slowly tearing apart, but it's cool to see the differences between Over Here and Over There.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yes I agree Seersha, I love learning about the other universe too. I love seeing all the differences and technological advances they have and how they have to deal with their world deteriorating. Imagine having to carry an oxygen tube around with you? Scary.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was a bit concerned about the episodes over there, but now I’m not going to lie: I liked the two episodes over there better than the one over here. If it was the writers’ intention to make us sympathize and understand a bit the people and the other universe, they’ve achieved it with me. There’s such energy in those episodes! The Fringe team is such a close and fun unit. I’m just a bit disappointed that we’re not having more Altstrid and Altbroyles.

We have to remember that any moment it can all end for them (Altlivia even joked about not having updated her will), however they’re full of wit and energy dealing with a situation that is everything but easy. Although the technology there rocks (holograms, iPads look alikes, nanite chambers, etc) they have amber alerts, oxygen alerts, they don’t have things that are common over here and their world is deteriorating fast. And they just have to live with it. All this makes it easier to understand Walternate, even if I don’t like him and I doubt I ever will. I think I’m going to miss the alternate universe when they’re done with the alternate episodes. I hope they’ll manage to create some sort of safe door and we can take a look of what’s going there.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I was a bit concerned about the episodes over there, but now I’m not going to lie: I liked the two episodes over there better than the one over here. If it was the writers’ intention to make us sympathize and understand a bit the people and the other universe, they’ve achieved it with me. There’s such energy in those episodes! The Fringe team is such a close and fun unit. I’m just a bit disappointed that we’re not having more Altstrid and Altbroyles.

We have to remember that any moment it can all end for them (Altlivia even joked about not having updated her will), however they’re full of wit and energy dealing with a situation that is everything but easy. Although the technology there rocks (holograms, iPads look alikes, nanite chambers, etc) they have amber alerts, oxygen alerts, they don’t have things that are common over here and their world is deteriorating fast. And they just have to live with it. All this makes it easier to understand Walternate, even if I don’t like him and I doubt I ever will. I think I’m going to miss the alternate universe when they’re done with the alternate episodes. I hope they’ll manage to create some sort of safe door and we can take a look of what’s going there.
I agree, I liked the ones over there a lot more than the one here. I'm also really loving that over there allows us to see Charlie again since I really missed him. That team has such great chemistry, and I love the character of Lincoln. There's only one Peter, so maybe the left over Olivia can get Lincoln?

The alternate universe does seem a lot more dangerous, and it looks like everyone is aware of how dangerous it is. Oxygen alerts? I'm really glad that I don't live in a world where that is so normal.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it was the writers’ intention to make us sympathize and understand a bit the people and the other universe, they’ve achieved it with me.
I sympathize with the universe and with what they have to deal with over there, definitely. But I'm still a little shaky on Walternate and Alt!Olivia at the moment. I mean I get that Walternate does have motive for doing what he's doing, but I'm just not too fond of the way he approaches things. And with Alt!Olivia I don't like how she handled the situation with killing that guy. But I do get where she is coming from, she's on a mission and is only doing what she's told. Maybe I just need a little more time to warm up to her. But I definitely am feeling more sympathetic than I thought I would before seeing the episodes. The writers are doing an amazing job. And I'm with you Sofia, I liked the 2 episodes on the other side better than the one on our side.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
I sympathize with the universe and with what they have to deal with over there, definitely. But I'm still a little shaky on Walternate and Alt!Olivia at the moment. I mean I get that Walternate does have motive for doing what he's doing, but I'm just not too fond of the way he approaches things. And with Alt!Olivia I don't like how she handled the situation with killing that guy. But I do get where she is coming from, she's on a mission and is only doing what she's told. Maybe I just need a little more time to warm up to her. But I definitely am feeling more sympathetic than I thought I would before seeing the episodes. The writers are doing an amazing job. And I'm with you Sofia, I liked the 2 episodes on the other side better than the one on our side.
Me too; I was talking more about the people there living their lives; the Fringe team. I think Altlivia being over here, she’ll realize people from this side are not the monsters she was told about. She was bloody cold shooting the poor guy, but right now she’s a soldier on the enemy territory. Walternate strikes me as someone who’ll put duty above everything; everything and everybody is a commodity for him; at least for now.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think there's going to be a moment when we see, from both Walternate and Alt!liv, their vulnerability and it's going to make us understand them even better. We've only had 3 episodes so far so I'm excited to see where it's going to go from here.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero