Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

After the episode airs, we can discuss other signs from the alternate universe.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Elite Fan

^Yep! I can't wait to see what other things are over there. TOMORROW!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

THIS THREAD!

This title gives me so much hope btw.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
It seems like people from the other side are really aggressive. Alt!Olivia almost killed our olivia while they were fighting.
Just because one person fights with olivia doesn't mean all people over there are aggressive. BTW, it was Olivia who held a gun to AltOlivia to begin with. Olivia didn't have to do that.
JoshandChristinaCursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Five reasons we love Fringe’s alternate universe

Season three of Fringe returns in just over a week – Eric Stoltz in Back To The Future, anyone?
With Fringe’s third season beginning on 23 September in the United States, we felt compelled to remind you why the series’ alternate universe – which will be featured bi-weekly in the first half of the season – is such an interesting contrast to our own:

1. I’m seeing double!

There’s something extremely fun about the fact that several of the characters have doubles, most notably B-Olivia and Walternate, while Charlie lingers on in the alternative universe. Mainly, though, I just enjoyed this daft – but, undeniably cool – showdown between our Olivia Dunham and her sassier, fringe-bearing alternate:

2. The historical differences

JFK is still alive? Nixon’s head is on coins? The White House was destroyed, but the World Trade Center still stands? Every time a single one of these details was mentioned in the latter half of Fringe’s second season, I couldn’t help but get a little more invested in the story. Hopefully, the producers will have more of these ideas in store for us when the third season begins.

3. Movie titles

Don’t know about the rest of you, but I kind of want to see Superman Vs Batman and Indiana Jones And The Hex Of The Hydra, both of which are currently in theatres in the Fringe universe. This altogether neat touch is exactly why Fringe’s alternate universe is so cool – it works on multiple levels, from characterisation to the pop culture references.

4. The New York skyline

Zeppelins over New York in 2010? Love it. Fringe’s art direction went crazy in the second season, painting a picture of what an alternate universe should look like – close-to-home, but creatively inspired. I can’t wait to get a further glance at it over the course of the third year.

5. Fringe division is an army

Vans? They have Fringe vans? Broyles has a control room? Bloody hell! Fringe seems to have far more backing from the government on the other side, due to the fact that the entire world is falling apart over there (a result of Walter Bishop’s amoral dabbling with the universe). As a result, the division probably has its own stationery, and they’re obviously well known by the public.
Five reasons we love Fringe’s alternate universe | SciFiNow
Old 09-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ooh love this thread. I'm so slow at picking up the subtle things in episodes, unless I watch them over and over, which I have been, while waiting for S3. Looking forward to discussing the alternative characters and worlds very soon! I'm sure there's going to be a lot of divided opinions in a few weeks time.
Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing that over, Sofia! Veryyyy interesting! I can't wait to see more stuff in the premiere TOMORROW. (Can you guys believe it's tomorrow, AHHHH!)
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
Thanks for bringing that over, Sofia! Veryyyy interesting! I can't wait to see more stuff in the premiere TOMORROW. (Can you guys believe it's tomorrow, AHHHH!)
I wish I didn't have to wait to download the episode to watch it I think I've never been so excited for a premiere. Hell, not only for the premiere, the entire season!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

I think i love the alt!universe more than this world.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

I liked seeing more of the other side! All the signs for the advanced technology they have like the daily flights to the moon, and HOW COOL that gym was Nick and Charlie were in?! Also the zeppelin in the sky and the Park named after Martin Luther King. I love spotting all those differences!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

I liked it, too! I laughed at the sign on top of Henry's taxi for Dogs, the hit musical. Yes, that gym was sweet! Hopefully I'll spot more stuff when I rewatch. Their side just seems so cool and high-tech.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

I -ed at the Tom Cruise reference!!

Anyway, the Alt-Universe is definitely an interesting world to explore... I like seeing more of their technologies and advancements (trips to the Moon? ).
Seersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:46 AM
Elite Fan

I was reding EWs review of the episode, and Ken Tucker said this:

• The ad for Glatterflug airline that appears during one of the taxi scene is the same airline whose 2008 flight 627 landed at Logan airport with all its passengers dead in the pilot episode.

'Fringe' season premiere review: 'She's our Olivia now' | EW.com

Glatterflug was the aireline that said they have daily trips to the moon. But I totally didn't know it was the same airline as the flight from the Pilot! VERY INTERESTING. I wonder if that means anything, or if the writers were just trying to give us something to look for in the alternate universe.

Last edited by killed the lights; 09-24-2010 at 09:22 AM
killed the lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

The alt universe is much more awesome than ours. just saying!

^woh, that really is intersting.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
I was reding EWs review of the episode, and Ken Tucker said this:

• The ad for Glatterflug airline that appears during one of the taxi scene is the same airline whose 2008 flight 627 landed at Logan airport with all its passengers dead in the pilot episode.

'Fringe' season premiere review: 'She's our Olivia now' | EW.com

Glatterflug was the aireline that said they have daily trips to the moon. But I totally didn't know it was the same airline as the flight from the Pilot! VERY INTERESTING. I wonder if that means anything, or if the writers were just trying to give us something to look for in the alternate universe.
And when Olivia flew to Berlin she was holding a Glatterflug ticket too.

How cool is the moon traveling?

ETA:

Fringe - Episode 3.01 - Olivia - Easter Eggs | Spoiler TV

Last edited by sofiab; 09-24-2010 at 11:14 AM
sofiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread