Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

5X11 - The Boy Must Live - Episode Discussion

Episode 5x11 – The Boy Must Live

Original Air Date – January 11th 2013

SYNOPSIS

Fringe #5.11 “The Boy Must Live” Official Description

TIME TO SAVE THE WORLD IS RUNNING OUT ON AN ALL-NEW FRINGE FRIDAY, JANUARY 11, ON FOX

Two-Hour FRINGE Series Finale Airs Next Friday

As time dramatically ticks down toward the end of this acclaimed series, Peter, Olivia and Walter stop at nothing to
save the universe from Observer rule. Walter enters the infamous deprivation tank in an attempt to
uncover a key piece of information about the mysterious figure, Donald. Meanwhile, Captain Windmark sets
out on a revealing mission of his own as long-standing questions are answered in the all-new
“The Boy Must Live” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Jan. 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). (FR-511) (TV-14 V)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop;
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

GUEST STARS

Michael Kopsa as Windmark

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

FRINGE - Checking Up from "The Boy Must Live"
FRINGE - September from "The Boy Must Live"
FRINGE - Father and Son from "The Boy Must Live"

Last edited by sofiab; 01-14-2013 at 03:12 PM
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode was okay, my main problem with is is that the story September told us, he literally told us, completely shifts the focus and the core of the show and I'm not okay with that.

There were two big "no, no, no" in this episode: Peter is not the boy that was important and Walter in the tank. I can understand there were other reasons why Peter was important to the story, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought they were referring to Peter as the boy all this time. And the tank is Olivia's, not Walter's! There are some Fringe icons that shouldn't be messed with: Olivia-tank, Peter-machine.

I really hope they will be able to give us a satisfying end, but all the possibilities I can think of are not what I would have expected. But I also have to confess that with this season I didn't know what to expect, so...

Having the AU back next week is practically the only thing that made me excited this season. Even if it's only for a couple of minutes, it will be worth it.

ETA: Why can't Michael talk?

Last edited by sofiab; 01-12-2013 at 06:58 AM
Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Right why can't he talk or why doesn't he want to? But what I found interesting was the end of the ep. Why did he step out of the train?? I mean I think he knows about the plan why did he do this ? I have no explanation for it. So without Michael we can't erase the time or it would be useless so... the question also could be will we get him back to fulfill the plan and if not how will it end ?

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Julia, he stepped out of the train to save Walter, Olivia and Peter. Otherwise they would have been caught by the observers.

They need him for the plan to succeed, they will get him back.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

-
Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sidenote: There are two Ls in the word "Live" in this title.

But yeah, the other universe is what got me really excited too. I know some people knew that we were getting the altverse back, put apart from episode titles I didn't read spoilers, though I did get messaged from someone who said he heard the redverse was back but he didn't know if it was true, and since I knew the name of the next episode I got kinda excited and was hoping it wasn't just a rumor...so I had my eyes glued to the TV for the promo and when I saw them I seriously screamed. Even if, like you said, it's only for a few minutes, I WANT.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

right @ Sofia but I thought ( yeah maybe I was thinking to "normal" ) that they could have changed the wagon and stepped out the next station but you are right he wanted to save them

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 01-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
There were two big "no, no, no" in this episode: Peter is not the boy that was important and Walter in the tank. I can understand there were other reasons why Peter was important to the story, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thought they were referring to Peter as the boy all this time.
I was mad at first, but then i watched different times the scene with september and walter's discussion and i can say that i'm not sure september was honest when he said that the "boy who had to live" was Michael. If you pay attentinon, as walter says that michael showed him the old timeline and the incident in 1985 and those famous words about "the boy", September was pretty worried and before he said "yes" to walter's question he didn't answered immediately and when he didn't even looked at walter in the eyes and judging from his tone of voice he didn't seem so convincing. It was different when walter asked september about his fate because in that case september was looking at him in the eyes and with a firm voice he said "yes".

This helped me to think that maybe September is still hiding something. I mean...Why whould september say walter "my son is important, he has to live" right after he saved him and Peter in the lake? It's totally out of context!
And until now the other observers (december, august and the others) have ALWAYS talked about Peter everytime they mentioned "the boy"!
A possible explanation would be that Peter and Michael are somehow genetically connected and that would be really cool!

I also noticed that in this episode Peter is still unable to sleep, he wears a hood like Michael (why would he do that if the loyalists didn't notice olivia and walter?) and in one of those scenes Peter's head suddently lolled and then he massaged the forehead. Headaches are back! I suggest you to pay attention again to those scenes because they might be important for the last two episodes!

Oh and....what about that intense white light that hitted Peter at the beginning of the episode and then vanished as nothing? That reminded me the scene from 5x07 with the same white light on Peter when he was an observer!

Last edited by jade86; 01-15-2013 at 05:52 AM
Old 11-15-2014, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this up for the rewatch!

EDIT: Two Minutes!

EDIT2: Starting!

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 11-15-2014 at 09:01 AM
Old 11-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A Free and Open Walter

And starting the scene with Peter in the cooky goggles, love it cause he still looks hot.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 11-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Poor Olivia always finds Walter naked.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
A Free and Open Walter
Perhaps just a wee bit too open.

~Heidi
Old 11-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Walter is seeing the apartment and September with hair. Thank goodness Walter has clothes on in his dream.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Opening credits just finished and hubby is sitting here with me and he yelled out JOSHUA JACKSON HONEY when he saw his name. Of course it was him being sarcastic and funny.

icon credit: crash landing