Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Recall that in "The Day We Died" Peter got thrown forward to 2026, and it was definitely not a future ruled by the Observers. I thought "Letters of Transit" might be the original original timeline, the one that September screwed up by distracting Walternate. But Nina still had the artificial hand to replace the one she lost when Walter opened up the first gate... Still, I think the future we saw last night is the one the Observers intended to bring about by erasing Peter (and Henry). September told Peter that Henry was pivotal, and not in a good way—although now I guess we need to keep in mind that what the Observers consider bad is not necessarily bad for us. But he also told Peter that his Olivia was the one he needed to be with...so if September really was/is trying to thwart his colleagues' plans, maybe it's Henrietta that's the key to defeating the Observers. That would explain why the Observers were so intent on getting rid of Peter: No Peter = no Henrietta = Observer victory.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

First, I feel like I should say hi! I've only posted here a couple times, though I keep thinking that I should drop by more often, since I don't really have a place to discuss Fringe...

But anyway. I LOVED last night's episode. Even though it didn't tie in to the current storyline (at least not as far as we currently know), and it left me with way more questions than answers... I just thought it was really interesting, and knowing this will be tied to season 5 has me excited for the possibilities.

Walter was adorable, and I was glad we had his familiar face for much of the episode. But Etta was perfect. I kept thinking of how much she looked like Olivia. (I'd accidentally read something before the episode, so I knew she was their daughter, but I'd already suspected it anyway.) And I cried at that last scene with Peter. And I loved that her full name is Henrietta... Even though it's not a name I'd generally like in most other circumstances, I like how it honors Henry, but still gives her Etta as a nickname.

It definitely leaves me with questions about the Observers, but I'm still trusting the writers for now that they have answers. And even if we somehow don't get a season 5, I'll still be thankful for this episode if only because we got to see Peter and Olivia's daughter.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Hmm...I seem to be the only one here, but I loved this episode. Then again, I like post apocalyptic scenarios. I did figure out right from the start that what's her face was going to be Peter and Olivia's daughter though. But aside from that, I would LOVE a season that either focused on how they got to that point, or the resolution. To be perfectly honest, for the bulk of this season I have been relatively unimpressed....it's only been since the past couple of episodes that I've enjoying the season.

If we just forget that there might not be another season, then what the writers are setting up is potentially really freaking awesome. And just because we don't understand it now, doesn't mean we won't get explanations. (again...under the assumption that there's another season) Obviously this episode was going to have a "WTF" feel to it, because it's 24 years in the future...but what I loved about it, is that it left me wanting to know more about what's going to get us there. And to be honest, now I think I'm starting to understand a little more what Jones' possible end game is...It seems to me that that either (a) he's working for the observers, but is playing a double agent to gain power himself or (b) he doesn't know/care about the observers but they're letting him do whatever he's doing to collapse both universes so that they can take over.
ITA! You're not alone in loving this episode, I was totally on board with it. I was an emotional wreck by the end of. Even though the characters weren't "ours", there was still this sense that they were there in spirit because they had become a legend amongst the natives.

I think that if they go for a season 5, it would be fantastic to see them get to the point that leads to that future. Maybe the season could show a war between humans start to develop, and we would know that if the Observers win, it means a horrible future.

I like your Jones theories too! I was starting to think the same thing. Maybe even Jones is creating the next step in evolution so we can be prepared to fight the Observers! He does seem to be trying to "activate" people still, including Olivia, and if Olivia can block people's thoughts, then she'd be very important in fighting Observers.

All in all, I think a lot of things happened in this ep. We did get a lot of questions, but I think they were meant to be a tease for season 5, perhaps in an effort to convince TPTB that another season is needed. And if another season doesn't happen (god forbid!) then this episode is a look into what could happen; another narrowly averted alternate timeline. Which is also fun, IMO.

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)

Why do I ship Peter/Olivia? They say it's fate, I would say it's becoming more like a curse. All the futures that we've seen they can't be happy together; they're like ten minutes happy and then the world around them collapses again.

I really hope next episode will cheer me up, I really need it.
Sofia you are my soulmate Exactly my thoughts once again! I really hope next episode will cheer me up too because I need it badly!!! Don´t get me wrong I still love Fringe but somehow this season made me really and frustrated and the storyline for the possible season 5 I think we would end up in the third different timeline purple I think.... and why because: William Bell is still alive - he was said to be dead in the Ambertimeline and Etta said that she saw their parents for the last time when she was 4 and Peter Walter and Astrid were ambered in 2015 so by now in 2012 shouldn´t Peter and Olivia have their baby Etta already....?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I could see a S5 where they jump back and forth between 2012 and 2036, just like they went back and forth between universes last season. Since itme travel is possible, we could have the team in 2036 working on a way to prevent the Observer invasion and sending it back to 2012.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafra08 (View Post)
Sofia you are my soulmate Exactly my thoughts once again! I really hope next episode will cheer me up too because I need it badly!!! Don´t get me wrong I still love Fringe but somehow this season made me really and frustrated and the storyline for the possible season 5 I think we would end up in the third different timeline purple I think.... and why because: William Bell is still alive - he was said to be dead in the Ambertimeline and Etta said that she saw their parents for the last time when she was 4 and Peter Walter and Astrid were ambered in 2015 so by now in 2012 shouldn´t Peter and Olivia have their baby Etta already....?
When was he said to be dead in the Amber timeline? I don't remember him being referenced this season... And he couldn't have died the same way he did in the S2 finale, because the team never crossed over to go after Peter in this timeline.

And the Observers took over in 2015, but they never specifically said the team was ambered that year. So if they were ambered just slightly later, 2016, then Olivia could be currently pregnant, and it'd fit.

Something I noticed when I rewatched last night... Right after they pull Astrid from the amber, Etta starts to ask Walter "where is-" but gets cut off. Of course we don't know what she was going to ask about, but my thought was Olivia. If Etta had assumed that Olivia was with the rest of the team, then there's still hope she could be alive somewhere else (as opposed to Etta knowing she's dead). I know a lot of people were thinking that the bullet Etta wears was the bullet that killed Olivia, but maybe it has some other significance.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't know if the entire season would take place in 2036 just for the cost of old age makeup!

I'm hoping we get to see a season 5 that depicts the start of the war against the observers, and maybe whatever the team failed at doing in 2015, something will change so that they can succeed. Then Olivia lives, and her, Peter and Etta live happily ever after.

Not too much to ask, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
When was he said to be dead in the Amber timeline? I don't remember him being referenced this season... And he couldn't have died the same way he did in the S2 finale, because the team never crossed over to go after Peter in this timeline.
Nina Sharp mentions "After William Bell died..." in some episode this season, but I can't remember which. I thought it was a bit strange to see Bell there. But as someone said, people you think are dead aren't always dead...

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvfreak (View Post)
I don't know if the entire season would take place in 2036 just for the cost of old age makeup!

I'm hoping we get to see a season 5 that depicts the stvtart of the war against the observers, and maybe whatever the team failed at doing in 2015, something will change so that they can succeed. Then Olivia lives, and her, Peter and Etta live happily ever after.

Not too much to ask, right?

Nina Sharp mentions "After William Bell died..." in some episode this season, but I can't remember which. I thought it was a bit strange to see Bell there. But as someone said, people you think are dead aren't always dead...
Tvfreak thank you for the comment on William Bell -I knew that someone mention this season that Belly was dead! And I also hope that the possible season 5 will not only take place in 2036but at first in the near future 2015 with our Bishop family and that all will play out diffrently so we will have Olivia in 2036
Old 04-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
Well, I could see a S5 where they jump back and forth between 2012 and 2036, just like they went back and forth between universes last season. Since itme travel is possible, we could have the team in 2036 working on a way to prevent the Observer invasion and sending it back to 2012.
THIS! And it would make the terminator theme that is being going more core.I think they might play with that! I don't know . And to add 2036 is a bit expensive not only the make up i mean *cough* how many observers can you pay even if they are just stand and walk still. Walter put them in amber for a reason. Despite what happened to Olivia why would Walter do that? I mean there is no safety someone would get them out ! And i doubt if Walter was all hey Etta will grow up and get us out no worries *buzz* amber.

As for Bell it was mentioned he died twice but its Bell in season 1 when Olivia was looking for him because she thought he was in the ZFT pattern Nina kept saying he was out of town (well he was in the other universe) who says Old William didnt faked his death. This timeline is different and we know Bell and his ego were two factors they came to play. He can be a villain again with good intentions for the greater good but that doesnt mean he wouldnt hurt Olivia.

I also dont think the bullet is dead in for Olivia being dead. I think like others said that she was looking for Olivia as well it seemed so. The bullet seems like it hit on something usually when a bullet hits on someone doesnt get that shape or im bad at bullet marks
Old 04-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

The final scene was so heartwarming.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I finally caught up with the episodes!

Anyway I really enjoyed this episode! I got spoiled about who Etta was though before I watched it. She is a great character and overall I really liked it. That last scene was so touching. I loved it.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

So I'm watching S4 finally and got to this episode and figured I would post here because I am so utterly confused.

Olivia is dead? Is that what September meant by looking into all futures and her having to die? The observers take over? I thought they were good

It was just such a random episode. I wonder how much of S5 will play into this storyline.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
So I'm watching S4 finally and got to this episode and figured I would post here because I am so utterly confused.

Olivia is dead? Is that what September meant by looking into all futures and her having to die? The observers take over? I thought they were good

It was just such a random episode. I wonder how much of S5 will play into this storyline.
We don't know what happened to Olivia in 2036, that's one of the big questions of season five. She could be dead, but other things could have happened to her between the present day and what we saw in Letters of Transit.

Yes, the observers will take over, and yes, you're not the only one who thought that they were good, if not good, certainly not those creatures that we saw in this episode. It was so random

This episode was random in the context of season four, but they'll use it to be an important part of S5; they say S5 won't completely take place in 2036, but we'll see that future again.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

EDIT - Starting now! Watching the crawl...

Who's gonna be here for today's rewatch?

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 09-20-2014 at 09:00 AM