Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4x11 "Making Angels" - Episode Discussion

Episode 4x11 – Making Angels

Original Air Date – February 3rd 2012

SYNOPSIS

UNIVERSES COLLIDE ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY.

Our Astrid gets an unexpected visit from her Alternate, while Peter and Olivia track a killer using a toxin that has yet to be invented.
Both universes collide in a case that pushes the boundaries of what is possible in the all-new "Making Angels" episode of FRINGE airing
Friday, Feb. 3 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-411) (TV-14 L, V)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop;
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

GUEST STARS

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Fringe Promo 4x11 "Making Angels"
Fringe Sneak Peek 4x11 "Making Angels"
FRINGE - Preview #1 from "Making Angels"
FRINGE - Preview #2 from "Making Angels"

Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good ep last night.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't watch properly.

But that guy could see all "time" because he was like an observer?
Old 02-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Didn't watch properly.

But that guy could see all "time" because he was like an observer?
No, he could do it because he found a device of September's, which apparently lets the Observers do that, and he was a genius mathematician with enough background to understand how to work it. The Observers who recovered the device at the end of the episode said September must have lost it at Raiden Lake the night Peter "died."

So... did anyone know Observers could walk through things? I didn't. It was an interesting episode—they must have decided to splurge a little on all the split-screen effects. I wonder if we'll see more cross-universe cooperation from now on? And Jasika was brilliant as both Astrids.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the episode! Jasika did an awesome job!
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved it!

Olivia's comment when Astrid screamed upon seeing the other Astrid "I always wondered why nobody does that." Me too!

"All personal meetings are in the flesh." LOL at Astrid over there

That Observer was freaky, walking out of and in the wall like that.

LOL at Walter eating while doing the autopsy.

Having Astrid and Olivia with their alternates in one room was such a treat!

It was great to see Peter/Walter interaction again.

Love to see the two Olivias working on a case. I'm really warming up to the Olivia over there this season. To the Olivia over here, not so much.

The scenes with the two Astrids were all very good. Jasika did a great job.

It was interesting to see the interaction between Walter and Alt-Liv, especially at the end.

I don't want September to be in trouble. He has become somewhat sympathetic toward Peter. I wonder what happened to him. He was bleeding the last time we saw.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting about September...I'm thinking with the Observers' warped sense of time, his little visit to Olivia at the opera house probably happened after something we haven't seen yet/that hasn't happened yet.

You have to remember that this Olivia never had Peter in her life, so she's basically as emotionally detached as she was at the beginning of the series. Plus Altlivia is so much more lively, anyway...

One thing I still haven't figured out about the series' whole timeline... We know that the original intervention by the Observers was distracting Walternate at exactly the right time to prevent him from curing Peter, which led to everything else. What I'm unclear about is—was that intervention an accident which results in some catastrophic future, and everything the Observers have done has been an attempt to fix it? Or was that original meddling deliberate, because the original timeline led to armageddon, and the Observers have been doing everything they can to keep the timeline diverted? Very curious...
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the episode. It was great to see a more Astrid-centric episode.

The scenes between Walter and Altivia were really funny

And I'm loving that the observers are getting more focus.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pikachu (View Post)
No, he could do it because he found a device of September's, which apparently lets the Observers do that, and he was a genius mathematician with enough background to understand how to work it. The Observers who recovered the device at the end of the episode said September must have lost it at Raiden Lake the night Peter "died."

So... did anyone know Observers could walk through things? I didn't. It was an interesting episode—they must have decided to splurge a little on all the split-screen effects. I wonder if we'll see more cross-universe cooperation from now on? And Jasika was brilliant as both Astrids.
I don't think it's the device that allows them to see the future; there was never a mention of that. I think it's the fact that he was able to solve the equation that allowed him to see past, present and future. The device was was he used to his mercy killings after seeing the future of those people. At least that's how I understood it, but with Fringe we never know.

Observers walking through a wall was a first too

Fringe Live Recap 2/3/12: Finally, An Astrid-Centric Episode! | Nerdles
Fringe Review: What Is Normal? - TV Fanatic
Recap: Fringe - Making Angels - HitFix.com
Fringe “Making Angels” Review | TV Equals
Fringe Ep. 4.11, “Making Angels”: Uneven episode helped by long-overdue focus on Astrid | Sound On Sight
Fringe, "Making Angels": Astrid astride
TV Review: Fringe 4.11, ‘Making Angels’
TV Review: Fringe 4.11, ‘Making Angels’
Fringe 4.11 “Making Angels” Review - TVOvermind
Fringe 4.11 “Making Angels” Review - TVOvermind
Fringe Season 4: 5 Questions About “Making Angels” � Spinoff Online – TV, Film and Entertainment News Daily
'Fringe' Season 4 Episode 11 Review: Making Angels » BuzzFocus.com
'Fringe' Recap: Just the Two of Us
Fringe “Making Angels” Review | TV Equals
FRINGE Recap: ‘Making Angels’ | Give Me My Remote
Last night's moment of Olivia-on-Olivia Banter, from Fringe
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Interesting about September...I'm thinking with the Observers' warped sense of time, his little visit to Olivia at the opera house probably happened after something we haven't seen yet/that hasn't happened yet.
I didn't think of that but yes, it's a strong possibility.

Quote:
You have to remember that this Olivia never had Peter in her life, so she's basically as emotionally detached as she was at the beginning of the series. Plus Altlivia is so much more lively, anyway...

One thing I still haven't figured out about the series' whole timeline... We know that the original intervention by the Observers was distracting Walternate at exactly the right time to prevent him from curing Peter, which led to everything else. What I'm unclear about is—was that intervention an accident which results in some catastrophic future, and everything the Observers have done has been an attempt to fix it? Or was that original meddling deliberate, because the original timeline led to armageddon, and the Observers have been doing everything they can to keep the timeline diverted? Very curious...
They're basically showing us how everything would have turned out if Peter hadn't survived. I am as confused as you regarding the timeline. If we are indeed in a different timeline now, it would mean that the observers can travel to different timelines as well. I wonder what the ultimate goal is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I don't think it's the device that allows them to see the future; there was never a mention of that. I think it's the fact that he was able to solve the equation that allowed him to see past, present and future. The device was was he used to his mercy killings after seeing the future of those people. At least that's how I understood it, but with Fringe we never know.
The device that the Observers retrieved on the man's vault was different I think.

Last edited by Liyah08; 02-06-2012 at 07:06 AM
Old 02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
That's right, I'd forgotten that he used the blue light thingy as a weapon. I just remembered somebody—I think the guy that survived—saying that he stared into it like a crystal ball. I wonder if that means the "tears of Ra" thing is something the Observers usually use?

I think with the Observers, though, it's more than just seeing...I think they actually experience time out of order, or experience what we consider past, present and future all at the same time. That's why I figure September got in trouble, somehow got shot, and then went back to talk to Olivia.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 PM
New Fan

What I found most intriguing was finally seeing how the Observers experience time. So they do have their own timeline that is happening all over our characters timeline. Fascinating how they can be technically 'behind' our timeline, yet before it, and the same time.

Another great filler episode though. Im starting to warm up to the new versions of our characters. Perhaps because they are warming up to Peter.

Plus my inner nerd loved seeing a Matrix vet as a character on Fringe.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anybody else excited for today's rewatch???

~Heidi
Old 08-23-2014, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

See you on the hour.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very excited because these are really good episodes.

Edit - pushed play.

icon credit: crash landing