Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4x10 "Forced Perspective" - Episode Discussion

Episode 4x10 – Forced Perspective

Original Air Date – January, 27th, 2012

SYNOPSIS

Fringe - Episode 4.10 - Forced Perspective - Press Release
A MYSTERIOUS GIRL CAN SEE THE FUTURE ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, ON FOX

Olivia continues to cope with the ominous warning from the Observers, while Peter and the team track a girl with the mysterious ability to predict death in the all-new "Forced Perspective" episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Jan. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-410) (TV-14 L, V)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

GUEST STARS

Alexis Raich as Emily Mallum; Currie Graham as Jim Mallum

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Fringe Promo 4x10 "Forced Perspective"
Peter/Olivia
FRINGE - Preview #1 from "Forced Perspective" airing FRI 1/27
FRINGE - Preview #2 from "Forced Perspective" airing FRI 1/27
FRINGE - Preview #3 from "Forced Perspective" airing FRI 1/27

Last edited by sofiab; 02-02-2012 at 10:58 AM
Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

Excited to see the episode!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just watched it I really like it! even filler episodes like this one add something to the plot
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
New Fan

Totally agree. This whole Nina plot line really gives the story some juice. I am starting to see why they spent so much time with the set up episodes. Because wow, Nina just seemed so twisted at the end. Playing nice was creepier than seeing her speak with Jones.

Now that we see why they set the Olivia/Nina dynamic early on this season, what do you think will come of the Olivia/Lincoln dynamic? They've been kind of off lately. Definitely not vibing the way they were. Meanwhile Olivia seems to be giving Peter the googly eyes more and more lately. And we've seen Peter and Lincoln forming a bond together. Probably one of the more real bonds this season for Peter too. Because he is distancing himself from these versions of his people so much. Lincoln is like a new relationship. He doesn't have one with the real version of Lincoln. They met, but never became friends. Will there be some conflict later on? Lincoln seems like such a decent guy that I doubt it. But this season has been showing some very different sides to characters we know as good or bad people in our timeline. They must be establishing these relationships for something. Especially now that we are seeing why they had so much filler episodes on Nina and Olivia. I am excited to see where this goes..

Also the girl actress in tonights episode was incredible for her age. That last scene with her and her dad was so sad. She had a genuine sweetness about her.

Last edited by kools; 01-27-2012 at 09:53 PM
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi. I only started watching last night. I like Fringe so far.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

This show just gets more and more awesome! I only just started watching this season and I still have a lot of questions, but I am really feeling the Peter/Olivia vibe. Seems like he knows her no matter what version she is. Me like.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Hi to all the new people! So glad you decided to watch Fringe!

Wow. Those are a lot of reviews Sofia. Thanks for posting the links.

For a filler episode this was good. It had echoes of 1x03 The Ghost Network. Standout scene was definitely the end with Nina/Olivia. It was so heartbreaking to watch!

kools, if the LO stuff goes no where I'm totally okay with that. But that's my biased view as a PO shipper. I like the LO friendship but I don't want anything romantic between them. They work well as partners. Let's keep it that way. Peter was keeping his distance from these versions of his people but I feel since 4x09 that's changed. He's connected with all these characters from both Over Here and Over There. Maybe this means something?
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM
New Fan

Personally, while there was some good stuff (Nina and Olivia, Peter using his knowledge from the previous timeline, some vague mythology building with Olivia's fate), overall it was too empty to me.

The urgency of the previous two episodes was lost, which I'm ok with since they're using this as an Olivia episode, but even in terms of that they didn't really develop her that much.

Also, Peter and Walter were pretty much missing and Lincoln is still has yet to find a role on the show.

I'm excited for where the season is going (a lot) but this episode didn't feel like it was very great. And it felt like it was retreading too much ground from Season 1 (The Ghost Network) but with a less interesting story.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but really this episode was pretty forgettable.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)

kools, if the LO stuff goes no where I'm totally okay with that. But that's my biased view as a PO shipper. I like the LO friendship but I don't want anything romantic between them. They work well as partners. Let's keep it that way. Peter was keeping his distance from these versions of his people but I feel since 4x09 that's changed. He's connected with all these characters from both Over Here and Over There. Maybe this means something?
Yeah, exactly. Its getting complicated. Peter has kept his distance, but whats interesting is, the people who aren't supposed to know him at all -- are starting to fall for him. Walter has come around. And we learned the reason he fought it wasn't all the reasons he said, it was because he's scared at the depth of feelings he is having for this Peter he's never known. Which was obvious to us. At the beginning of the season. The reason Olivia and Walter pushed him away was because they were terrified at how deeply this stranger was affecting them. And now Olivia is giving into it as well. Which is what makes this dynamic so interesting. Peter should be the one who can't help himself. But its these characters who have absolutely no history with this man who can't help themselves.

You're right, Peter is giving in to. How can he not? They are more like his versions of Olivia and Walter than any versions he's met so far. (this show is so cool that a sentence like that makes sense) So how long can he fight his natural inclination to start feeling for these people? He seems to be unable to turn a blind eye to a helpless Walter. And he's trying to do right by his Olivia by not being tempted to interacting with this one. Because he knows how much it hurts her when he isn't loyal to her. But at some point... how ridiculous does that become? This is his Olivia. Just with a different backstory. But she's still the same woman.

And all of this immense complications are added to Lincoln, a new friend to Peter, being clearly interested in Olivia. And Olivia herself flirting with the idea. Obviously a lot of it is to distract herself from the powerful feelings that Peter is causing. But even still, Lincoln has a genuine interest in her.

But then again, Alt-Lincoln was never angry or vindictive about Alt-Livia being with other men, despite him being in love with her. So perhaps they won't clash. But the part that makes me think they will is that Peter doesn't exist in the Alt-World. And he isn't Alt-Lincolns friend. So it is possible conflict will arise.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not long before EPISODE TWO of today's rewatch -

~Heidi
Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Pushed play.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-16-2014, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.

Hopefully we'll find out more about why Olivia was injected with whatever it was.

EDIT - That has got to be one of the creepiest, grossest openings they've ever done.

Walter - King of TMI.

~Heidi
Old 08-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Gruesome bit coming up - too late!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Me too.

Hopefully we'll find out more about why Olivia was injected with whatever it was.
Oh we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
EDIT - That has got to be one of the creepiest, grossest openings they've ever done.

Walter - King of TMI.
But it was very well done.

Walter has made bodily functions a normal thing to talk about on TV.

icon credit: crash landing