Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4x09 "Enemy of my Enemy" - Episode Discussion

Episode 4x09 – Enemy of My Enemy

Original Air Date – January, 20th, 2012

SYNOPSIS

FRINGE DIVISION FACES NEW CHALLENGES ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY.

Peter's visit to the other side intensifies as the alternate FRINGE division faces off against a formidable new foe in a harrowing race against time in the all-new "Enemy of My Enemy" episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Jan. 20 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-409) (TV-14 L, V)

CAST
Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

GUEST STARS

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Fringe Promo 4x09 - Enemy of My Enemy
Olivia-Walter-Astrid
FRINGE - Jonesing for Jones - YouTube!
FRINGE - Preview #1 from "Enemy Of My Enemy" airing FRI 1/20 - YouTube
FRINGE - Preview #2 from "Enemy Of My Enemy" airing FRI 1/20 - YouTube
FRINGE - Preview #3 from "Enemy Of My Enemy" airing FRI 1/20 - YouTube

Last edited by sofiab; 01-20-2012 at 08:41 AM
Old 01-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely loved this episode!
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

^ Beautiful icon!

Wow! This episode rocked!! So much happened I don't even know where to begin. Two moments that stand out to me: 1. Walter & AltElizabeth and 2. Walter & Peter. Both of those scenes had me And of course I have to mention the PO eye!sex at the end. Mary wasn't that lovely to see again?

Story wise this episode really moved the mythology forward. Can't believe AltBroyles is working with Jones. Nina wasn't too much of a surprise. But I'm sad that she's using Olivia But what exactly are they preparing her for? Loved Loved the scene of the 2 Fringe Teams in the Bridge Room. I have wanted to see that for a long time and so glad it finally happened. I'm looking forward to seeing both sides working together towards a common goal.

One question: The satellite images that the AU Fringe Team recovered were from Over Here. So does that mean Over Here Brandon sent them Over There or did Nina do that? Is the Brandon Over Here a shapeshifter?
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-21-2012, 12:29 AM
New Fan

Incredible!!

My show is back with a vengeance! I am LOVING these new plot lines. And wow... that ending was a shocker.

That brings up a very interesting question. They haven't mentioned William Bell at all this season. What did he do in this timeline? Did he drive Nina mad? Remember Jones was obsessed with showing William Bell what he was capable of. And we all know Nina is obsessed with William Bell as well. Is he still alive? Are they trying to coax him out of hiding to settle some disturbing vendetta?

So many questions. Love. It.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, this episode was amazing. Fringe has been on top form these last 2 weeks. I loved the scene with Walter and Elizabeth. I always wanted to see them interact and I couldn't have hoped for a better scene. Orla Brady and John Noble knocked it out of the park. And the Peter/Walter scene at the end was amazing too. Joshua has grown tremendously as an actor over the course of this series. It was very exciting to see the 2 teams finally come together and deciding to work together for real. That's what I've been so eagerly anticipating since the season 3 finale.

It's such a shame about alternate!Broyles, though. I really loved him in season 3 and find it sad that he was replaced by a shapeshifter. And has Nina been replaced by a shapeshifter too?

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 01-21-2012 at 11:58 AM
Old 01-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Another amazing episode! Loved all the twists.

The scene between AltElizabeth and Walter was fabulous. I'm so glad it was her that helped bring Peter and Walter together.

Poor Lincoln. I really think he was hoping that altLincoln and altLiv were an item. And I'm sad that we won't get to see Frank now.

What is Nina up to that she is working with Jones? Will Olivia become the ultimate weapon??

And still no Charlie....

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 01-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another good episode.

Elizabeth and Walter

Nina is in it too? Amber!world is a huge mess.

Walter is gonna help Peter

The Jones storyline was good!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:39 PM
New Fan

Did you see.....

Bonus points to whoever spotted the observer in this episode!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:38 PM
New Fan

My Theory

Ok, here is my theory.

So Leonard Nimoy said he is retired, but has not ruled out a voice appearance.

My theory is that he is pulling the strings and commanding Nina, how? My belief is that he tried a similar procedure in this timeline to put his conciousness into a computer successfully. Well more of a distant hope, than a theory with any tangible evidence.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Addicted Fan

It was indeed a great episode, it keeps getting better and better. There's so much to speculate on, as a viewer you keep wondering, asking and trying to find answers. And that's why i love this show, you'll never get tired to find out and keep watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilricky (View Post)
Bonus points to whoever spotted the observer in this episode!
Hahah, there was indeed an observer, he was around 22.10 min, you can see him behind our Lincoln.
You'll have a better chance to see him while pausing the scene sec by sec, cause he's only there for 2-3 secs before vanishing in the crowd.

So what kind of bonus points did I earn now.
Banshee
Visit the Grimmlins and be part of the family
& Join |Da Vinci's Demons | Vikings |icon
Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewbins (View Post)
Ok, here is my theory.

So Leonard Nimoy said he is retired, but has not ruled out a voice appearance.

My theory is that he is pulling the strings and commanding Nina, how? My belief is that he tried a similar procedure in this timeline to put his conciousness into a computer successfully. Well more of a distant hope, than a theory with any tangible evidence.

That's an interesting theory. I wonder why Bell is dead tho since as far as we know the events from "Over There Part 2" never happened, right? So Bell never sacrificed himself so he should be still alive. I wish they would give us more back story on Bell in this timeline.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)

Poor Lincoln. I really think he was hoping that altLincoln and altLiv were an item. And I'm sad that we won't get to see Frank now.

And still no Charlie....
I felt the same thing from the AltLiv/Lincoln scene. I immediately though of Sofia when AltLiv said she and Frank broke up. I wonder what the reason was.

Is he still on his honeymoon with Mona?
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Total Fan

‘Fringe’ Photo Recap: “Enemy of My Enemy” Pop Culture Nexus

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 01-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Thanks for the recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
I felt the same thing from the AltLiv/Lincoln scene. I immediately though of Sofia when AltLiv said she and Frank broke up. I wonder what the reason was.

Is he still on his honeymoon with Mona?
I thought of Sofia too. No shirtless Frank. I kept wondering if Frank proposed and she said no.

Charlie needs to get on Fringe NOW!!!!

~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this forward for today's rewatch -

~Heidi