Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4x01 "Neither Here Nor There" - Episode Discussion

Episode 4x01 - Neither Here Nor There

Original Air Date - September 23rd 2011

SYNOPSIS

THE FRINGE TEAM TAKES NEW SHAPE AS THE IMPACT OF PETER'S HEROIC CHOICE UNFOLDS IN THE FOURTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "FRINGE" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, ON FOX

Just one week after Peter Bishop saved the day and was then wiped from existence, the truce between the two worlds remains intact and the two sides are forced to work together. Lincoln Lee joins the Fringe team as they investigate a shapeshifter case that is very personal to him in the "Neither Here Nor There" season premiere episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-401) (TV-14 L, V)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth; Seth Gabel as Lincoln Lee

GUEST STARS

Joe Flanigan as Robert Danzig; Shauna Johannesen as Julie Danzig; Charlotte Williams as Amy Danzig; Sean Michael Kyer as Jonathan Danzig; Stephen Lobo as Agent Frazier; Colin Lawrence Agent Roach

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Last edited by sofiab; 09-23-2011 at 11:53 AM
Old 09-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

2 more days!!!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Episode threads are BACK!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

Do we need to warn of spoilers?

Fringe Season Four: A Decent Jumping-on Point for New Viewers

We Have Your Sneak Peek at Season Four of 'Fringe'
Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Fringe 4.01 Preview - Three Clips from "Neither Here Nor There"

Fringe Season 4 Premiere Review: Finding Peter Bishop
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Master Fan

4th Sneak Peek

Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

HOW EXCITING IS THIS?! LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!

|Peter&Olivia| |Nathan&Audrey| |Mulder&Scully|
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed the beginning so I didn't understand anything by the time I started
Old 09-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

^I saw the beginning and was still so confused. I still don't know what's going on.

BUT I WANT PETER BACK NOW. NO MORE MESSING AROUND.

ETA: Are you girls coming to this thread? I have to go pack ... but I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting confused with the tweets. LOL Still fun though!

Last edited by JAFpunk59; 09-23-2011 at 07:36 PM
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Oh gosh the tweeting and watching was so hard!!! How do ppl do it? Lol. What was confusing to you Steph?

I loved the episode. I understand what everyone was saying about it being like a pilot. In a way, it did but to me it also felt like the Fringe we know and love. We had Walter/ Astrid & Walter/ Olivia that was familiar which was great. Can't say enough how much I am in love with Lincoln Lee. Best casting decision ever!!

Still processing everything... Back later with more thoughts.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was a pretty good episode; with last season’s ending they had to do something like this. I enjoyed the shout outs to the Pilot; things did happen, they’re not going to forget three seasons. But in true Fringe style, I already have many questions.

Seth is a wonderful addition, Lincoln had great moments. My favorite was when he saw AltLivia and saw the AU for the first time.

Astrid on the field, yes, a big yes. She’s still Walter’s care taker, but her character deserved this.

I don’t think Olivia is that different from the one we saw after John died, but she surely seems more disconnected. On the other hand, she seems so more patient with Walter. More caring too.

It seems we have a new type of Shapeshifters. Is Walternate behind them?

Poor Walter, he’s really on the verge. There’s something very disconcerting about watching him like that.

Bring Peter back soon because those glimpses are very strange to watch. Where is he? I have this idea that he’s there trapped in that timeline, trying to make himself felt or seen, but he still can’t reach them. He got a big helping hand from September; he couldn’t erase him, he loves him too much

We need answers to what happened to all of them. What happened to Walter to make him so scary; how AltLivia kidnapped Olivia and why.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hate to say it, but I thought this ep was a little boring (esp. for a season premiere). I like the other Lincoln better, so it was a bit tedious to have so much focus on this Lincoln. Also, I thought the case wasn't complex enough. Like Olivia said, she's already had to deal with people turning translucent. The Peter mentions were too blatant for my taste...Olivia is all alone, there's a hole in her heart etc.

I also thought that the ep was lacking in the humor department. I did like the scene about the toast in the beginning, but I don't think Walter had any of the good zingers that he usually does.

All summer long, I was hoping to see the conflict from both sides. I think they should have picked up right where they left off. Why oh why didn't we get a Walter/Walternate scene? I feel like the writers skipped what could have been some really great drama. I'm sure we'll get plenty of both sides duking it out, but I wanted that to happen tonight too.

The best part of the ep for me was Walter at the very end. When Walter cries, then so do I. Peter needs to come back soon because the show just isn't as good without him.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I think it was a pretty good episode; with last season’s ending they had to do something like this. I enjoyed the shout outs to the Pilot; things did happen, they’re not going to forget three seasons. But in true Fringe style, I already have many questions.
Olivia said it best, "with answers come more questions". That's Fringe since day 1. But yes I'm glad that we got those hints to the past. Stuff still happened but just in a different way.

Quote:
Seth is a wonderful addition, Lincoln had great moments. My favorite was when he saw AltLivia and saw the AU for the first time.
He was so adorkable in that moment!! I loved all his badass Agent Lee moments! SO HOT!

Quote:
Astrid on the field, yes, a big yes. She’s still Walter’s care taker, but her character deserved this.

Quote:
I don’t think Olivia is that different from the one we saw after John died, but she surely seems more disconnected. On the other hand, she seems so more patient with Walter. More caring too.
It was nice to see the Walter/ Olivia moments. Olivia still has an effect on the Bishop Boys.

Quote:
Bring Peter back soon because those glimpses are very strange to watch. Where is he? I have this idea that he’s there trapped in that timeline, trying to make himself felt or seen, but he still can’t reach them. He got a big helping hand from September; he couldn’t erase him, he loves him too much

We need answers to what happened to all of them. What happened to Walter to make him so scary; how AltLivia kidnapped Olivia and why.
September is awesome! He's truly the Rogue Observer. I so wanted to him when he walked away.

Yes we do. I really want to know about Olivia's kidnapping.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was hard to follow at some points because I didn't know what had happened or how it happened differently than what I know. But I still liked it! I think if I hadn't read the few spoilers that I did then I would have been really lost.

I really like Lincoln's character. I like that Olivia seems a bit more bad ass. It's so sad (but I love) seeing her know she's missing something/one but not being able to place it. But she's close ... she had a feeling she would find that "something" by working in the Fringe Division. I really hope that she starts to see Peter ... if they belong together then she should connect with him even if he doesn't exist. Right?!

Sofia ... do you think Olivia is more caring towards Walter because she doesn't know about the experiments? Were they ever done? DOES she know about them (if they happened?)

Too many questions!! Was Peter EVER alive? Did he die as a boy or did he NEVER exist? Did he supossedly die on both sides?

I love the bridge between universes!!!

What is September?! I know I missed a bunch because I was so excited it was on so I'll have to rewatch!

I had fun tweeting with you guys!! I really have to go pack now ... so I'll see you in a week!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

The episode was a bit boring for a premier episode, but it was still interesting to see how things had changed with Peter out of the picture.

I like Astrid being out in the field. I've always loved her and disliked how she kinda gets shoved aside at times. Like that she is still looking out for Walter.

I really felt for Walter. The poor guy really needs his son. It's sad seeing him even more closed off from the world around him, fearful, and not as able/willing to smile.

Olivia seems harder than she was in season 3, but...softer than she was in season 1.

Didn't care about Lincoln. When he started talking about his dead friend I was sighing and checking my watch. Does that make me heartless? Oh well, it's the truth. What can you do. I just prefer the other Lincoln.

Liked the brief Olivia & Alt!Livia. I wouldn't mind seeing them clash some more.

And I just want to give September a big hug. Hope he doesn't get in big trouble for that.

I hope they bring Peter back soon, cause it's just so weird without him.

Logan&Veronica|Frank&Karen|Clint&Natasha|Spike&Buffy|Tony&Pepper