Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbel (View Post)
Anyone else find it SO strange how Silver goes to prom in a dress that is so not her and then goes to rant about it?! Why didn't she just go to prom with a dress and shoes that fit her taste and comfort, just like Adrianna did!
I do.
Old 02-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

that big pink dress was ridiculous.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-22-2015, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

ugh it was horrible. I get they wanted her to go all out for prom for Dixon's sake, but that dress was so blech. She tried on a blue one that would have looked so much better.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

The funny thing was she actually says 'I don't wanna stand out' while wearing that's giant fuschia dress. It was so stupid.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
that big pink dress was ridiculous.
that silver.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

im not really sure why annie agreed to go to prom with charlie? to prove that she's a nice person? but i think charlie way overreacted when she turned him down. like wtf buddy. sure she could have been honest and said no, but you could have asked her if she was interested to begin with. people do go to prom as friends sometimes. he was crazy.

ethans feelings for silver are possibly the most random thing I've ever seen. but I'm glad they didnt get a scene other than ethans longing looks. thank god ethan is leaving. what a useless character.

silvers prom dress is the biggest WTF ever. but i will just put that on her trying to fit in at prom.

i dont get what happened with kelly and ryan? wasnt last we knew they were hanging out? jen was such a biotch to kelly in the bathroom though. harry and kelly have good chemistry imo. but again... out of nowhere.

liam asking naomi to prom and then just sitting there? huh? i dont get him at all. liam was cute ordering the flower for naomi but she was so annoying when she was going on and on about him liking her. lol but liams "yeah" when naomi asked if he liked her was pretty much the most basic blasé response I've ever heard. this episode just gets better and better... how the frack was it snowing in california? ahahaha. or was that a snow machine?

also, why are they are prom as sophomores and why are only sophomores getting crowns? so confused! not to mention silver getting prom queen, ummmm right. her speech was ridiculous and then insulting everyone at prom? oh my god. lol and i dont blame dixon for being upset. he did all that for her and then she didnt want it.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That episode was a miss-mash of randomness. Silver wanting to go to prom is so out of character. The Ethan thing? Well I chock that up to Ethan being the show's biggest flake.

I think it was a snow machine... I never really liked Naomi and Liam together, but it was nice that he wasn't a douche to her for five minutes.

Charlie's overreaction was insane, I wish Annie had of gone stag.
Emily
Old 06-29-2015, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

I think Annie wanted to go to prom with Charlie was to show how nice she was but it came off as fake since she didn't want to go with him. Charlie's overreaction though was pathetic. Dude, what'd you expect would happen..

Silver saying she "didn't want to stand out" in that giant flowy pink dress is the most ridiculous statement ever.

Liam comes off as awful upon rewatch. He's such a tool and the writing of the Lannie and Liomi ship is so painfully obvious as to which direction the writers want the viewers to go.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 06-29-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah they really messed with Silver's character.
Emily
Old 06-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Silver saying she "didn't want to stand out" in that giant flowy pink dress is the most ridiculous statement ever.
seriously.

we'll have to agree to disagree though Chastidy. Personally i dont think they really decided to go with annie/liam until after they saw people supporting them.

in season 1 lannie had minimal interaction and i think the reason for it was to stir naomi into believing they slept together in the finale. it was all part of a big plot of liam/naomi as a couple. at the start of season 2 lannie didnt even interact. it wasnt until mid season they formed a friendship, which makes me think it wasnt until at LEAST season 2 where they decided to go that route.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:34 AM
Elite Fan

They never made Liomi rootable though in the way that they wrote Lannie to be. They also through Naomi to the wolves completely in order to have Lannie fall for each other. I think they only put liomi together properly to keep their fans happy for a while and effectively end the relationship. I would definetly say the plan was Lannie all along though as they were always planting seeds as well as never really putting the full effort in with Liomi.

We can agree to disagree though. Liam ended up being such an idiot on rewatch anyway

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

i think thats debatable though. i thought liam and naomi were rootable. i mean, liam was an ass, but there were snippets of things that showed he cared about naomi.

he did end up telling her he liked her. he did end up confiding in her about his father. i think we were supposed to wonder whether he really liked naomi or not, but that dance scene outside with the snow confirmed that he did.

sleeping with jen was just his horrible reaction to thinking naomi was telling everyone about his dad. it was to further show is "bad" side. but it was more than clear he was hurting and felt bad about what he did to naomi. he even called her to apologize and in season 2, the beginning, liam was all about naomi and feeling guilty for what he did.

i do think annie and liam became more rootable in season 2 because the writers showed them to have a better understanding of one another but liam/naomi did have a fanbase too and they did have some cute scenes together, even if i personally didnt ship them.

i dont think it was the writers grand scheme to make liomi look bad, i think thats just where the writing took them, and once they'd established annie/liam has a couple i think they realized they didnt want to/couldnt go back to liomi.

i mean, what would have been the point of liam/noami at ALL if just to go the annie/liam route? especially when they had already doe that previously with ethan/naomi.

even matt and shenae have said numerous times that they didnt understand where all the annie/liam love came from, tat the support was crazy and i think the writers took notice of that too. saw what a lot of the audience wanted and decided to go that direction.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. I think ultimately Liomi were doomed from the start but I really felt they and Naomi especially suffered to get Lannie to appear more rootable.

But yes they had snippets of scenes I really enjoyed like the dancing in the parking lot and where he confides in her about his family.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

i actually preferred them in season 2 to season 1 i think because i saw the angst and the longing there. in season 1 it seemed a little more superficial and liam was just SO annoying.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think Liam or Naomi took as much of hit as Annie. She hit and ran a homeless person. It was hard to root for that. In terms of the whole destruction of Naomi and Liam - I think they needed to reboot Annie's character because of how much she was hated in the first season and the writers put her with the popular guy. I thought they had chemistry, but I can understand those fans of Liam and Naomi being upset at the way they broke up.
Emily