Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm Catholic and I believe in an eye for an eye but that doesn't mean I have to do a jig when someone is killed, regardless of who that someone is.
True that. I'm Catholic too.

To be honest, and this opinion is probably unpopular but I've always thought that Lanter comes across as a bit of a jerk on twitter. He seems lovely in real life but something about the way he answers his fans really rubs me up the wrong way.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
True that. I'm Catholic too.

To be honest, and this opinion is probably unpopular but I've always thought that Lanter comes across as a bit of a jerk on twitter. He seems lovely in real life but something about the way he answers his fans really rubs me up the wrong way.

I get what you mean. Sometimes his replies are just really sarcastic, as if he thinks the person he's responding to is stupid or something. Not to mention, it's not as if he follows any of these fans, so when they tweet him a lot looking for an answer to the same question I don't think he needs to call them out and tell them to peace out for a while. I mean, there's this forum for fans to communicate with them and they're only asking him a lot because they want a better shot at a reply. We live in a world where this : "Sure! " makes a kid's life and he really has the balls to call someone out and tell them to leave him alone? That's just kind of douchey to me. No one's forcing him to have a twitter account.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree with you guys. I love Matt and I'm sure he is a great guy and usually he is just joking around and I respect him a lot for even taking the time to reply to the fans, but there's boundaries.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

I have to disagree on that. Not just because I love Matt but because I can imagine how annoying that might be. He is pretty nice to his fans in general over there. The few times I saw him being a bit rude was to girls almost saying he is racist because he doesn't answer them or fans spamming him with the same message and then almost insulting him because he doesn't answer.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Matt needs to learn twitter boundaries! Considering our society, they really ought to have a class on that down at the community college.

Twitter Etiquette 101
Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

I get being annoyed etc but it's what being a celebrity with a twitter entails. If other celebrities can ignore it, he can too .

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

The fact is, everyone who is an actor or a singer or anything in the public eye with a lot of "celebrity" could actually choose to do something else. They could choose to work for a corporation, or in a different capacity, so when they complain about what comes along with their lives and their jobs I just want to say, "While I don't agree with the aggressive paps and the height that fame whoring has reached, this is your choice. You choose to do this, so either you learn to deal, or you do something else."

Look at Johnny Depp! Bro handles himself SO well and he seems really happy.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Well lots of them end up sending "nasty" tweets tbh
I find him pretty nice over there, even really really nice and patient. But that's just my opinion.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He gets annoyed, I think anyone would. It's easier to just ignore or block them and move on though. Instead of furthering the negative energy in the world. I completely understand though, when sometimes you just get so fed up with annoying people that you just have to say something.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

I get it but when it's twitter, it's seems silly. Like by setting up a twitter, you're putting yourself out there and giving your fans a method to contact you. You've got to expect the craze, otherwise don't have one.

I'm not saying he's the worst of course, he's really not. I think it's just in light of his comment last night that has me thinking twitter just doesn't suit Lanter .

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Girlsss

He should just block them and move on, I agree.

Also, I was in here and went over to twitter to read his tweet - so unnecessary IMO. I love Matt, but ITA with you all that he needs to watch what he says as many girls look up to him to gauge how they should behave and what they can say, and whether or not it's decent.
Drown me,
Swallow me w h o l e
Bobbie Face {all rights reserved for Katie} |Twitter | Tumblr
Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

I just think it's 1)normal when you've been nice til then and can't stand it anymore, 2)not often at all with Matt. Most of the time he sends super nice tweets or short ones to make the person happy. I've seen more random comments by most celebs I follow honeslty. But anyway...

Kim I agree they choose the job, doesn't mean they have to accept everything it comes with, especially not being insulted or "attacked" because of something stupid like "working and not having time to answer every tweet or following anyone on twitter".

Johnny Depp. He's THE man. But he avoids those stuff so yeah, it might help to stay sane.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think he should avoid if it's going to bother him.

Some awesome coversation going on tonight by the way guys, I'm devastated that I can't watch live

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

It's great you brought that thread back, I never saw we had an OT thread. It's gonna make it even more fun. Since that way we can all talk together and not just on the shippers/actor threads

Awww why can't you?

Good thing my sleep is a mess lately, at least I get to watch it live haha.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

I've work in the morning. It was fine when I was still in college but sadly, I just can't do it in work . I'll be on tomorrow night though

My Tumblr
My Twitter