Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

The friendship seems so forced and I dont get why her and Naomi have to hang out all the time, we get it they are friends, boring move on.

You can tell that the writers really do not know what to do with both of them I dont understand why they could not have given them individual SLs instead of throwing them in other peoples sl and relationships.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia (View Post)
The friendship seems so forced and I dont get why her and Naomi have to hang out all the time, we get it they are friends, boring move on.

You can tell that the writers really do not know what to do with both of them I dont understand why they could not have given them individual SLs instead of throwing them in other peoples sl and relationships.
Well said.

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah like Ethan admitted that he was sick of being a bf or whatever yawnfest that was and he wanted to find himself. Next thing he's in love with Silver.

Annie admitted that she was never a girls girl and we've been led to believe she has always been in a relationship as well and instead of trying to make amends with her best friend who has just had a breakdown and clearly needs support, she attempts to become friends with her former enemy while getting caught (again) in the middle of her hookup.

At least when Annie and Ethan were together, they were so busy professing there love that they rarely had scenes with others. It's massacre when they're both let loose, there's butchered characters, broken couples and a hell of a lotta backlash.

It's a complete and total massacre.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
NAVID: Was pretty awesome tonight. I love that he wasn't mad and I loved that he sold his ipod to get her the ring .

PS Since when are Annie and Ade bffS?
That's the thing. Since when does a rich kid need to sell anything just to buy something else? If anything, I imagine there's some sort of hefty allowance from the parents, if not a trust fund already in place. Granted, the trust fund may not kick in for some years, but it's not as if rich parents are stingy with their money.

And yeah that threw me off too. Annie wrapping her arms around Adrianna in the hallway was a huge WTF thing for me too. First the girl randomly becomes friends with Naomi, and somehow that little friendship extended into Naomi's friends.

Also don't get how Liam got into this bachelor party thing. Dude wasn't even at the lunch table with everyone when everyone was all 'Oh hell no' about the engagement news. And somehow we're supposed to believe Liam went out of his way and got everyone IDs. I guess we'll just have to pretend Ethan begged Liam to help them out, and Liam figured a trip to the burlesque club was worth putting up with everyone else. That or he's so anti-commitment that he wanted to show Navid a good time before Navid took the plunge.

Ethan's little speech about relationships came out of nowhere. Never thought that deep stuff could come out of his mouth.

Not a fan of Jen, but I guess she brings a new dynamic to the show. Yet again Naomi gets screwed. At least this time it won't be with boys. But poor Naomi can't seem to catch a break.

Drunk Dixon is flipping adorable. None of my friends are that cute while inebriated.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I disagree about Navid and Dixon. They're starting to show his family and last night, they showed us him realizing that he's pretty inexperienced compared to other teenagers. It's not much, but it's a start. Same with Dixon and his bipolar mom. Before, they weren't doing ANYTHING.

I like Annie when she's apart from Ethan. She's less irritating.

icon
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's the thing. Since when does a rich kid need to sell anything just to buy something else? If anything, I imagine there's some sort of hefty allowance from the parents, if not a trust fund already in place. Granted, the trust fund may not kick in for some years, but it's not as if rich parents are stingy with their money.
LOL I let that slide but ony because I was so negative about everything else that I felt I should at least try and stay positive about one aspect of the eppy . The writers prob forgot that he's filthy rich when writing the scene.

Quote:
I like Annie when she's apart from Ethan. She's less irritating.
Yes she is a lot less irritating. The random contrived friendships are too much though. She goes from person to person as their best friend without so much as an explanation. Where was she when Silver needed her? It's just ignored. As much as I would like to like Annie (I still wouldnt wish her gone from the show) I'm just sick to my teeth of friendships being contrived, lack of friendship not being explained just so that everything can be made easy for her. It's so frustrating.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia (View Post)

That was the problem at the beginning of the season, everyone was so seperate from each other it was overly ridiculous. But now instead of having them all become friends naturally and bring everyone together, they are just thrown together out of nowhere. But in S2 we definatly need loosly interlocking storylines to keep everyone together. BH90210 was great at this, they had 3 differnet storylines going on but everyone was still hanging out together that it didnt seem like it.

And it looks like Navids parents told him that he will be cut off money wise if he leaves the house, which im glad they did that. It also looks like they didnt give Navid his own credit card to spend on anything he wants which is good. So he had to sell something to buy the ring that his parents would be opposed to.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I hope they keep Navid penniless. I love that Dixon works at the Pit, but it's not really showing him do it. So maybe Navid can deal with that and Dixon can deal with his mother in two individual storylines.

icon

Last edited by Mayberry; 05-06-2009 at 03:50 PM
Old 05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, Navid should find a job!

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 05-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Since Navid/Ade wont be getting married, I doubt he will have to find a job since he will probably move back home.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Naomi will have to get one next season though since she'll clearly be bankrupt.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't get why people are so confused about Liam being at the party. I assumed Ethan called him, so they could get the fake IDs and get into the club.

Why were they all eating lunch together and being a ~gang? It's all random and fake.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's all random and fake.
I believe that that should be the shows new tagline...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)

Yes she is a lot less irritating. The random contrived friendships are too much though. She goes from person to person as their best friend without so much as an explanation. Where was she when Silver needed her? It's just ignored. As much as I would like to like Annie (I still wouldnt wish her gone from the show) I'm just sick to my teeth of friendships being contrived, lack of friendship not being explained just so that everything can be made easy for her. It's so frustrating.
Annie doesn't have a solid or genuine friendship with anyone. The writers just throw her with whoever & whenever & expect it work & for us to believe it. At least Naomi/Ade have a real friendship that's believable. Annie & Silver had a nice thing going in the beginning but the writers didn't build on it & let it lapse.

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Oh yeah. I forgot that I liked that last scene with Dixon/Silver. It was very sweet.
it was...im going to be pissed off if they break them up.