Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Addicted Fan

YAY Donna's Back! DONNA MARTIN GRADUATES...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I tuned in tonight trying to see the new episode and all I could find was a Dr. Pepper commercial.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dr. Pepper had more closeups than any of the actors all night.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love the whole thing Naomi & Liam have going on, I can't wait to run and watch the scene in the woods and then the one at the end again. Love. But I wish they didn't make Naomi look so smitten by him. I hope Liam sees another side to her and soon.

I wasn't annoyed with Kelly at all. It was kind of cute. She's doing what she thinks is best for Silver. The whole "Mood/Level" thing cracked me up. Loved when Silver took a pic with Diablo while wearing the face mask. It was adorable.

After that drawn out road trip and all the anticipation, I kind of wish Dixon would have talked to his mom but it's understandable that he didn't.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Holy Dr. Pepper. Seeing the blatant product placement was almost enough for me to quit the Dr.

Liam is apparently a closet nerd. I find the premise of his character interesting, and I find Matt hot. But something about the whole don't-give-a-crap bad boy thing just doesn't feel right. Maybe the attitude just bugs me. Who knows. But I'm glad we got to see a little more of Liam, especially with the reveal of his scar.

Ethan's fake drug experience made me remember he had a life. I found the whole Ethan thing to be weird. And boring, though I did enjoy his interaction with Naomi.

While I love Naomi, I'm not liking the girl being so high-strung about Liam. Don't get me wrong, I do like Naomi/Liam. I just don't like Naomi being that freaking desperate about it.

Dixon and Annie were . So cute. Annie was actually pleasant in the episode, and I did enjoy the scene with Dixon's biological mom. Tristan did a great job with the scene in the car watching the mom.

Silver was great. Glad to have her sassy attitude back. That whole puppy-in-love thing was really annoying. Also glad we got to see Kelly be a real guardian to Kelly.

Donna. Meh. Harry and Debbie. Double meh.

And I'm still not liking the green screen action with the driving.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't like the green screen usage either. I just watched an interview where the producer said next season probably won't have a cinematographer. I'm so happy about that, so instead the show will look more real, not all fake and digital.

I thought Shenae did a good job in this episode.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I thought the episode was good. I liked it better then last weeks.

I went to the waterpark(Big Surf) that Annie mentioned, last summer. LOL.

icon - Alexa
Old 04-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
What did you expect to happen after Silver went into full meltdown mode? For Kelly to just let things go back to what they used to be? Its going to take both of them to get adjusted to things and Kelly will loosen up eventually.
ITA. I love the Silver/Kelly scenes. I think Kelly is trying to help her and do the right thing. I hope we get more Silver storylines like that, not just Dixon/Silver scenes.

I really enjoyed the Dixon/Annie scenes. For the first time in many episodes Annie isn't annoying.

I like Liam but the writing on his character and his relationship with Naomi is not good. There's so much potential there, I hope they realize that.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
ITA. I love the Silver/Kelly scenes. I think Kelly is trying to help her and do the right thing. I hope we get more Silver storylines like that, not just Dixon/Silver scenes.
I agree, it was nice to see Silver have a separate SL that involved her recovery and her relationship with her sister and I loved their scenes together

hopefully there'll be more

I am seriously annoyed with how they're writing Naomi, we've known her for 15-16 episodes and I don't find it realistic that that girl would be acting like this because of a guy, and I get that they're trying to build up the Liam is mysterious thing but its just coming off wrong and very un-Naomi like

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seriously, what was up with all the Dr Pepper?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Apparently they're keeping the CW afloat. All puns intended.

Icon by Court
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Overall the eppy was good. I didn't think it was as good as last week but it was a little lighthearted and thats probably in order after last week.

ANNIE:I agree with the majority that she was more likeable in this episode. I think that although she seems to suck as a friend, she puts her heart into being a good sister. I really enjoyed her scenes with Dixon and I honestly think that if they established a proper friendship with Silver as well and maybe focus on those kind of storylines for the rest of the season then she might be bearable enough by season 2 to be able to participate in love triangles etc. Maybe.
SHENAE: She didn't overact tonight. Thank god! She's so much better when she doesn't overact. Read this Shenae and don't overact .

DIXON: The scene with Silver at the beginning was funny enough. It's nice he's trying to be there for her. I liked the seperate storyline with his mother and how he blamed himself. I don't think I'd have liked to see overkill with him and Silver. They needed some time out tonight. He also made Annie look good.
TRISTAN: Rocked as always. The show would be lost without this kid.

NAOMI:As funny as I thought Naomi was, I'm just not buying the desperado act. She has never acted like that before. Maybe when she took Ethan back after he cheated but I feel that was different because they were in a relationship. I don't get why the writers are trying to make a strong and independant character look like a fool. They're ruining any lasting potential in the Liam Naomi romance. I think her and Liam have great chemistry though but I think she should unleash some of her feistiness on him. I also liked her scenes with Ethan. It's obvious that they know each other very well.
ANNALYNNE: She was funny and worked with what she was given but unfortunetly it just wasn't a lot.

ETHAN:Those scenes in the woods with Liam and Ethan are five minutes of my life that I will never get back. How can they show irrelevant stuff like Ethan "trying to be different" for like the third time in one season and they can't throw in a bit of Ade and Navid is beyond me. I liked when he punched Liam because it showed he actually has a pair. While I agree he he likes to keep parents and teachers happy when has he ever kept any of the girls in his life happy?
DUSTIN: It's nothing personal Dustin but Ethan is bland.

LIAM: If I'm supposed to like this character more, he needs to stop playing games with poor Naomi . I can't tell if he likes her or not. Right now it seems like he has the hots for her but thinks she's dumb or something. He seemed far more into her when he was a bartender. His senes with Ethan were bland til Ethan hit him and then he showed him the scar. It makes me curious about his past, like who was his girl? I could imagine him in some seriously messed up relationship prior to his bartending/school days. Thank god they toned down the bad boy antics.
MATT: He's hot and he's getting better at being a bad boy.

SILVER: It's nice to see she's regretting the Dixon tatoo . It was nice to see them take a lighter route in this eppy. She still has a long way to go but she seemed to be getting back to herself. Her scene with Dixon was tres awkward. Loved her sister scenes with Kelly. I was indifferent to the Diablo bit.
JESSICA: V. funny tonight.

WILSON PARENTS: I didn't think that they needed to be in the eppy but for what it's worth Harry did make me laugh.

KELLY: She was funny. She almost reminded me of Val in WILAY. I like how she's looking out for her sis and watching her and Donna chat made me see how far they've come since the original. "Cookie?" had me in stitches. I think Jennie has a really good comic touch.

DONNA: It wasn't as bad as I imagined. I don't think that Tori's acting has improved but I forgot how funny can Donna can be. The scene on the tv with her trying to fix the dress reminded me of how awkward she could be.

NAVID/ADRIANNA: I coud understand Ade's absence since there just wasn't enough room in the eppy for her storyline but it sucks that the writers kept Navid out for that reason too. What's more the worse is the fact that they kept Ethan in.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Overall it was a satisfying episode:

Silver- Totally loved how annoyed she was with Kelly smoothing her with the therapy techniques. I don't blame Silver, I hate keeping track of my moods too. It's one thing for me to do it on my own but if I had someone like Kelly keeping tabs that way it would drive me insane too.

Kelly- Nothing has changed about her, she is still so over-protective with the people she loves! Kelly was my favorite character in the original so I'm glad that they've kept her pretty much the same.

Donna- Never a fan of hers but I always did enjoy the Donna/Kelly friendship so it was nice to have the other half back. I hate that they messed up her and David though They're not supposed to be seperated. They belong together. Reality wise it makes sense though with BAG doing his own projects and Tori doing hers but still.

Liam- Totally love this character! He is such a nerd beneath the surface but acts like a bad guy who doesn't care about anything. That scar on his arm was insane! No wonder he doesn't trip out anymore.

Ethan- I thought this character was gonna be cool but I find him a bit boring (but that's just me). Did like his fake power trip though.

Dixon/Annie- Both tolerable, Annie especially. Love to see these brother/sister moments. Annie is definately her best when it comes to being Dixon's sister. She's a terrible friend though. I like how she ended up talking to Dixon's mom. I kind of expected that the moment Dixon saw his mom.

Overall it was a good episode. Nothing too thrilling for me (but then again, I am such a fan of the original that I judge this show a little harder than I should.)
Emma♥Neal
Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't paying too much attention to this epi but the parts that I did see were great. Welcome back Donna, I used to be a big Donna & David fan it's sad to see that they seperated.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 04-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

See they have proved that this show is so much better and tolerable when everyone isnt revolving around their romantic relationships.

And it looks like the writers are trying to make Liam to much of a badboy and to much of a smart guy. What can he not do?

Also how funny is it that Annie/Naomi are already at each others throats again by the next episode! Atleast going by the promo.