Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Especially considering how much I love Nae/Ade but I guess I have May to thank for luring me outside my comfort zone of the Navianna thread

And yes, the swing scene is amazing, as is the kite speech. Their scenes were always so good.

icon
Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)

And yes, the swing scene is amazing, as is the kite speech. Their scenes were always so good.
Omg the kite speech always makes me cry..That and when Naomi convinces her to go to rehab and then tells her she can't keep trying to save her

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

And Naomi was there at the birth as well. These two were so close it was another example of how the showrunners really just let all potential fall through for nothing.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Naomi was such a great friend to her back then and then it all went to hell, especially when the Nilver affair happened and Naomi took Silver's side but I feel like even after that, the writers could have repaired their friendship if they really wanted to.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh, Naomi supporting Nilver. But she was supportive of Navianna so I can live with it.

icon
Old 07-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I hated that she supported Nilver but the worst part for me was that she didn't seem to really care that Silver slept with Ade's man but when she only thought Annie did that to her she expected the entire group to turn on her and they did. I just hate double standards

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah that's a valid point. Naomi was best friends with both of them though whereas her and Annie were dodgy all the way through season one plus Annie had already hooked up with another one of her exes. Also, I think by season three Naomi had matured past all that petty stuff... at least with her friends

I agree though, nobody should have supported Navid and Silver's affair. It clearly just suited the storyline to do it.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Yeah that's a valid point. Naomi was best friends with both of them though whereas her and Annie were dodgy all the way through season one plus Annie had already hooked up with another one of her exes. Also, I think by season three Naomi had matured past all that petty stuff... at least with her friends

I agree though, nobody should have supported Navid and Silver's affair. It clearly just suited the storyline to do it.
Yeah, Naomi had good reason to think Annie was guilty and she did mature a lot by S3 but it's not like she just stayed out of it and didn't take sides - I could've understood that - but she clearly was on Silver's side even before the pill swapping. It wasn't even just Naomi though, everyone's loyalty was to Silver and Ade got none.

I just really missed the S1 friendship between Nae/Ade because back then Naomi was loyal to Ade almost to a fault

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah true, it was really lame how everyone defaulted to Silver's side. I felt the writers were trying to tell us that Silver was right instead of allowing us to decide.

Ade was so insufferable during season three though.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Ade was definitely getting to me during her diva saga but I guess it never really got to me as much as it did with others because I knew they only made her a diva to make what Silver was doing okay, which it still didn't..So for me, the assassination of Ade's character in S3 only made me hate Silver even more, rather than making me hate Ade because I knew the agenda was to make Silver come out smelling like roses.

I just really hate when they destroy one character to pimp another. Honestly, when the only way for one to look good is to make another look worse, that should tell you something

The truth is that Ade would have never been thrown under the bus that way if Silver wasn't the producer's pet character

Completely agree about how the writers were simply deciding Silver was right rather than leaving it up to the viewers..As if sleeping with one of your best friends bf's could be right on any level anyway

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

They did that a lot with Naomi whenever she was feuding with Annie. Especially when they were trying to pimp Annie/Liam. I felt Naomi really got assassinated near the ends of season one and two for the sake of that ship.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

Totally agree.

Season three and up, I was all for Maxomi but before Max hit the scene, I really loved Liam and Naomi and I hated how they made Naomi out to be the world's worst gf just so they could break them up and put Liam with Annie.

I just felt like if they wanted to put certain couples together then fine but they could've done it without throwing individual characters under the bus.

With Naomi, I thought it was pretty cruel that her breakup with Liam ultimately landed her in that classroom alone giving Cannon the chance to rape her. Not blaming Liam or anything but she never would have been there otherwise.

Idk, I just really hated the writing for Naomi is S2 and the same for Ade with S3.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I agree, I nearly felt at times like the writers were putting it across that Naomi was such a bad person and her rape was a result of how bad she was when in fact she lied then came clean straight away.

Whereas Annie got drunk, killed someone, covered it up yet we were supposed to think that she was the victim and she got a new boyfriend.

S2 was terrible in parts.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Yeah I agree, I nearly felt at times like the writers were putting it across that Naomi was such a bad person and her rape was a result of how bad she was when in fact she lied then came clean straight away.

Whereas Annie got drunk, killed someone, covered it up yet we were supposed to think that she was the victim and she got a new boyfriend.

S2 was terrible in parts.
Exactly. It's like they were shaking their finger at her saying "bad Naomi, this is what you get"

Don't get me wrong because Naomi's rape SL was some of her best work. Very hard to watch but compelling none the less but I just hated the way they acted like that was her Karma.

I made a Mvid of that SL and you know I had people comment on YT that she had it coming and one person even stated "Naomi got what she deserved for being such a lying little ****" .. I was completely flabbergasted that someone could think any one deserving of such a disgusting crime as rape.

You're right though, Naomi was often villainized throughout the years when more often than not her behavior was pretty justified, Imo.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 07-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah don't get me wrong she was a jerk at times but I felt everyone made it out like she was way worse then she was, I thought she showed more compassion then any of the other female characters.

My Tumblr
My Twitter