Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

So I ended up skipping the athletic department thing. Oh wellz. Great episode. I enjoyed it immensely. I'm thinking it's the best one so far this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
I had to role my eyes at the the first Ethan/Rhonda scene. Her trying to make him seem like the big popular no brain jock to us was just laughable when they have never even gone near that part of the charecter that was suppose to be there since the beginning but never was.
Agreed. I LOLed big time when Ethan said his flashes were a SportsCenter reel. As if he had anything worthy in this show. Pfft.

I see Ethan/Annie deteriorating the same way Ethan/Naomi did. Naomi was all absorbed with her birthday party and basically talked about it to a wall, while Ethan just sat by her side completely distracted and detached. And now it's happening with Annie's obsession with acting/theater. And the introduction of Rhonda can only go one way.

Speaking of Rhonda, Aimee is adorable. That girl's got acting chops. I get the feeling Rhonda's actually got a thing (before they met, probably from him being the supposed lacrosse star) for Ethan but tried to play that off by telling Ethan she didn't follow sports.

Speaking of acting chops, kudos to Jessica Stroup who appeared out of nowhere and rocked that scene yelling at Dixon outside the party. Seemed very real. Great job.

Welcome back, Navid. Great way to come back too. Loved his failure at the Peach Pit and loved the meeting with Nika/Neeka (assuming it's one of those). That's the Navid I've missed.

Also loved Dixon and Navid's companionship this episode. It was sorely lacking, so it was great seeing the two together for almost the entire episode again.

Why do I get the feeling this is the last we see of Ty? That ending with him being relieved for not being outed just seemed too perfect for a character disappearance.

And Constance is amazing. I didn't care for her as a person before this episode just because she used her daughter as an ATM. But standing up for Adrianna against Ty's mom validated her as a mom.

And Adrianna is pure . Jessica can do no wrong, basically. She was great the entire episode, as usual. And that ending with the announcement was brilliant. Bwahahahaa!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Nice work Jen!

I should have known you couldn't resist.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

That's not the last of Ty....*ahem*. I can't say more about it though as it would go into spoiler territory.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

Damn you, Meghan! Now I want to go read the spoiler thread.

I've been so good!

Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Extreme Fan

That episode was AWESOMEeee. It was def the best one this year! Jess is so amazing, loved Adrianna! Also Naomi&Adrianna of course, incredible friendship! YAYYY SD TOGETHER AGAIN!! Ty was too cute. I liked Ethan, I'm warming up to him but still cant stand Annie! I miss Ozzie...lots!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

I agree, it definitely was the best episode so far.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree, Ellen, I'm not big on Annie yet either.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad this show seems to be realizing that Jessica L. is much better lead-girl material than Shenae Grimes. It's great to see good acting and great charisma to be rewarded with bigger storylines, as opposed to how Chole Sullivan was treated as a prop to Lana Lang on Smallville, despite her clearly being the better actress.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

^

I'm just going to quietly agree with you.

I don't want to insult Shenae, I just think that JLow has acting chops that are definitely being given the chance to shine... and I like it that way.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I have to say Annie is less annoying now that she isn't in as many scenes. Even the few scenes she's in, she's better and less obnoxious and twitchy.

I definitely think Shenae wasn't supposed to be the 'main' girl. She would've been better as a supporting character. Jessica Lowndes just has too much presence which overpowers Shenae.

Plus, tonights episode was great. I love Rhonda.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

I don't think it's fair to say that Shenae doesn't have what it takes to be a lead, because she was awesome on Degrassi and she was a lead on that for a few seasons. She had some pretty intense storylines on that show and she rocked everyone of them. I think if we have to blame anyone for Annie's shortcomings, it would be the writers. Not that I want to blame anyone, I'm just defending Shenae.
I love you
meghan
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

She was A lead on that, not THE lead, and that was a show that was full of not so great actors. She just can't handle the lead on a real TV show. She's shown that over these 15 episodes. I never thought she was that great on Degrassi either. She was good in comparison, but like I said, that show doesn't have or require amazing talent.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved that line too! "Seriously, after 5 times, it's still funny?" I loled when Ty's mom was like "Bitch, please, you didn't even know she was pregnant until two minutes ago. Adrianna ..." after Paula's big speech. FAIL.
El oh el at Ritchie Rich's moms line. I couldn't stop laughing at how quickly she came back with that but definitely, the best line of the night was during rehearsal. I'd definitely put it as a tie with Adrianna's line, "It's not like angels start singing".

Definitely, Shenaynay can't lead. She just doesn't have the chops to hold the show up and she's not relatable as an actor in terms of her acting.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh I understand. I've heard such good things about Degrassi I assume Shenae must have some skills, but... Annie is just very Mary Sue for me, which makes me want to hate her. Can't blame that on Shenae unless she's secretly a writer for the show.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

OK, I'm stopping the "Shenae can't act" talk right now. It's meandering into bashing territory and I won't have that. Move on please to something different.
I love you
meghan