Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

It is so ridiculous to me how Naomi starts a business at 19 (20?) instead of studying first, even if only for a while.. And what does Annie do, besides worrying about having too much money?
This show feels so cheap, contrived and artificial, it almost hurts to watch! (in the beginning I thought it was a lot better) The characters are self-obsessed, I mean does Naomi really have a huge picture of herself in the hall?!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I mean does Naomi really have a huge picture of herself in the hall?!
She does

But this is the CW, where magical things happen to teens that wouldn't ever happen in the real world. Starting your own business, or old women giving you lots of money, is near enough tame in comparison to some of the other shows.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

try to avoid applying Real World logic to 90210. It's like trying to do that with ANY show on the CW. It just ain't gonna happen. Just enjoy it for what it is.

@souldances I love how you point out Naomi's self-obsessed nature and yet, you're sporting a Blair Waldorf icon. I'm...just saying.

kenny | credit
Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
you're sporting a Blair Waldorf icon.
I think they'd make amazing shallow friends
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Elite Fan

what a crossover that would be!

silver and serena would get along.

kenny | credit
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
@souldances I love how you point out Naomi's self-obsessed nature and yet, you're sporting a Blair Waldorf icon. I'm...just saying.
I know, I just thought that too with the Blair icon as soon as I posted it
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of her either (just of Dair ), but I feel like you can sort of enjoy Blair's personality, because it's so extreme it's funny. But Naomi just annoys me, esp. her laugh. It seems so forced!

And what was she thinking climbing through a window in those shoes..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothaise (View Post)
try to avoid applying Real World logic to 90210. It's like trying to do that with ANY show on the CW. It just ain't gonna happen. Just enjoy it for what it is.
Aren't they supposed to portray teenagers though? When the charactors' behavior is so distracting because it would never happen in real life, I find it VERY bad writing!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Trying to apply logic doesn't work for 90210, it is at this point a shallow and badly written show . If you're watching it looking for realism then you'll never be able to enjoy it

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When the charactors' behavior is so distracting because it would never happen in real life
I find that with all CW shows, truly
Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartlines

I find that with all CW shows, truly
Agreed!

kenny | credit
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
silver and serena would get along.

too true
Old 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Naomi has never been a teenager. She has been 25 since the show started, always trying to be older than she is.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think that's one thing that has been consistent. Especially when talking about sex, she always sounds like a 40 year old Samantha Jones.

Funny thing is that desite her ever so wise attitude, she always ends up in way over her head.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Previously on 90210....Navid left for New Jersey to find toilet paper, Liam's sad that his career sucks worse than all the guys from American Pie, and Annie yelled at an old man while he was doing his job. For a good time, Grandpa, call Annie.

Jen and Naomi do their annual walk-through the 90210 so they can show the tourists how rich they are and what grand lives they can have, like being able to buy berets for their babies. Jen says she endorses Fanny Packs, but only if they're stuffed with a billion dollars. She needs a rich man...fast. She has to keep up appearances at the touristy hotspots. She also mentions that Naomi has courses.....who knew? Well, she's going to be an event planner, whether or not you agree with it, Jen. So you might as well ring up those underage boys you like to fool around with at Naomi's parties, sistah. Jen goes off to find a pair of boots that will make her as tall as her seventeen-year old target. These boots were made for cougars, that's just what they'll do........
Bwah! at this random extra that looks right into the camera as Naomi gets downgraded to Jen's servant. She has to be thinking, yaaaaaaay, I'm going to be on TV with AnnaLynne McCord, and probably wind up in the Daily Mail too!

Liam's qualified to be a Hot Party Boy and a Shirtless Roofer....cause he won't be talking. Knowing him he'll talk anyway and be just like that aforementioned extra. Adrianna comes in cause she's opportunistic and hasn't had an acting job in awhile. She's been shirtless in photoshoots before so she has the experience.

Dixon and Adrianna discuss some producer I've never heard of. But she's worried about Liam's handsome, idiotic butt so she tries to get Dixon to swing the schedule. This is boring. Anyway, Adrianna says she's in in to win it, provided she can be shirtless at the meeting. Dixon has no complaints. But Liam wants her at the bar so he can have wordless roles; those don't happen everyday in Hollywood....yeah, Liam. Liam pulls rank because if he doesn't do well tomorrow he needs a sexy face to come back to...and I don't mean Vanessa. Adrianna says "I quit, you wannabe Roofer" and flounces out. Liam picks up her apron and sniffs it....memmmmmmories...........

Nick Zano heard Annie killed a man so he decides to shoot a bow right in front of her as a warning. The balloons are filled with kitten blood, or wine. Annie's grossed out and says she doesn't want to drink kitten blood. She can't get addicted like Dixon. Annie likes to tell men about their shortcomings and most of the time they buy it. She says they're designing tote bags and could he bring some sparkly dust at least. He says stop by a Michael's, inheritance chick. He will release the hounds if Annie doesn't skedaddle. Those kittens had to die some kind of way.

Jacques/Jack is already up close and personal with Ivy to learn her secrets. When she's crafting stuff for him out of Play-Doh, he's going to search her books and find out what gallery is best for his finger-painting. Silver's bemoaning her NYU rejections (must've missed when she got rejected the second time). She tells Jack not to wait....even if he's dating a girl and wants to see someone else. Jack's like, who are you dating this week, lady? Jen comes in mad that Jack's giving away his talent for free. They gotta make bank! Ivy flees from the room so Jack can handle it. He just calls Silver a two-time reject and rolls over to play with his socks. Jen runs off to yell at Ivy for being a bad baby-sitter. A sad Naomi says Jen's acting like...Jen. Naomi wants to be the smart sister for once, and orders Silver to pick up around the house. Silver's about to lob Jack's ball at Naomi's underappreciated brain until she learns she's accepted. Naomi reminds her to clean. Silver has to earn some tuition so she better get started.

Hit and Run manages to get another thankless role for Liam. He's going to be a private....I imagine he'll be like Beedle Bailey, who's also enlisted but totally dumb. He'll probably get this one. Liam can't pronounce anything for squat. And he can barely read. He needs to get hints from Ade or Annie. Shouldn't have ruined those relationships. Hit and Run knows what's up and finagles the meeting time Dixon and Adrianna got. She's well aware Dixon or Adrianna could play a better British male soldier than her boyfriend. Liam walks off to practice by doing push-ups instead of memorization. Memmmmmmories.

Jen's old classmates is getting the rundown from Naomi. Jen acts like she doesn't sleep with teenagers and isn't upset about missing Mitchell Nash's daughter's bash. Naomi's all kerfluffled. An office? She should just knock down Ivy's room and convince her it's studio art. But that can't be done by tomorrow so she gives a faux address. You know, like how Jacques can't find Sesame Street in the Yellow Pages.

PLL Raj shows Ivy a stick figure of A, and Ivy oooohs and aaaahs. But she has to wait til Monday to see who A is! PLL Raj dirty-talks Ivy by trying to make her do more risks. He just needs someone else to do A's dirty work for two more days. Ivy has to go, before Naomi knocks out her room.

Dixon plays a tune and Adrianna tells him he's no Pharrell. This is like 70% of the Dixanna relationship. Sigh. Anyways, they get a meeting with DefJam Records by some miracle. I guess they're going to do the soundtrack for Marching Band in the Hood.

Naomi and Annie walk to the hairdresser for Naomi's "office" meeting. Naomi convinces Annie that she should get a perm while they're at it. They walk into a sex shop. Okay, that's sort of amusing. This is the only amusing scene thus far really. Goth Cashier tells Naomi she might be able to rent it out, and asks her Sixteen-year old Britney Spears Type Manager about it. BS Manager says that she can't so Naomi immediately solves the sitch with money. I swear this happens every four episodes. Uggggh, I just pray that nobody watching this show thinks they can do that all the time. Naomi's limitless bank account. Naomi offers to pay the employees to act. Annie immediately gets jealous. She's worked for unfulfilled men too, and you don't even want to know what she did with Patrick.

PJ calls Annie annoying so she'll sleep with him. Surprisingly, it doesn't work. He bullies her into shopping. Yeah, he's right up Naomi's alley. They should just go and force Annie to buy half of Rodeo. No, Austin, that's not a cow ranch. Annie buys a bag and everybody's happy. The bag is full of pills that keep her peppy.

Meanwhile, Dixon and Adrianna are sad. Very sad. I'm sad I'm bored. Dixon's foot is the only thing hopping in this place. I also miss the Peach Pit. I hate you show, for knocking out the Peach Pit like Ivy's room will be knocked out eventually.

Hit and Run is where Dixanna should be, vamping it up for a man twice her age. She should be at the sex shop. She stole Dixanna's meeting! And I don't care! I just want Adrianna to kirk out honestly. Crosses fingers.

Silver whips Goth Cashier with a leash. After she goes through men, she's going to females so ya'll actresses better watch out. Annie. Silver finds some Shirazi studio movies. She's afraid Navid's in them and gives them away to Goth Cashier. She's going to get vaccinated! That's much better than thinking about Navid.

Mr. Not Paddington Bear comes into the "office" for a spot of tea with Naomi. I like Naomi in this scene because she's wearing purple. I hate Jen because she's interrupting and she hasn't brought Jacques. Jacques needs to spit up on Goth Cashier so we can get another expression out of her. I also like Goth Cashier because she didn't fall under the Silver spell. I love Naomi's concept. I love books too, and I hope they bring Jaques.

Silver goes to flirt with the nurses at the hospital, but they just want to stick her with needles. I wish I still liked Silver enough to really care about what's going on, and I definitely did in s2 when all the Taylor women were involved. But Silver storylines are so predictable and she's not like she was in s1, so I'm finding it hard to care. At least her hair's prettier now.

Debbie, Ryan, and Jacques are the perfect family? More like Jacques tolerates two adults that barely check on her U.S.-residing offspring. I'd be amazed if Jacques even knows what a storybook is given Ryan's amazing teacher skills and Debbie's dedication to her children. Her comes one of the neglected children......who got rich after sneaking inside a house. Annie is one accomplished woman. Annie freaks out because a rich man brought her a bag. Ummm, she's accepted gifts before. Remember, writers? Jacques screams because Annie didn't buy him a Birkin bag. Selfish little girl. Jen and Annie leave. Naomi purchases a bag for him on Amazon before her Amazon Rainforest party. Jacques fills it with Magic Markers and smiles.

Adrianna's blue because she's in a blue dress. That and Dixanna got hosed. Dixon offers her his hat to cry in. They pinkie swear to leave their business and relationship seperate. Yeahhhhh, that's gonna work (pun intended). Adrianna misses her apron. Nobody else has the curves to carry it off. Lesson: Don't quit your day job, or a crazy blonde will steal your music meeting. Karma, Adrianna?

Silver comes in defeated after her doctor's visit to watch Naomi hot-glue a Ferngully bush. None of the nurses wanted her and she still wants to kick Navid's face.
I had a feeling about Mr. Not Paddington's coat. BS Manager looked way too happy walking off with that. Her "office" sucks and Naomi's going to spend the night turning it upside down, inside out, round and rooooooound...

A group of boys gather around a hopscoth drawing when Ivy approaches. They ask her if she wants to play. Ivy says ninjas don't play girly games. They hunt around in the garbage like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, looking for a place for their stick figure art they're so proud of. Jacques has these juveniles beat. PLL Raj finds a spot, where A can see. He's just going to blame Ivy. Heh, chump.

Ivy's not the only lawbreaker. Naomi can break a window and look good doing it, the hot lil' vandal. She touches a vibrator in the dark. Bwah, she obviously knew what it was. Naomi manages to locate the wallet...I'm bummed they can't arrest BS Manager now. Mr. Not Paddington Bear is married...what kind of example for kids is he setting?

The cops are ticked nobody invited them to play hopscotch. Finally some action! We go between the ninjas being chased by the cops to Naomi fighting with what looks like a printer. Who's going to get caught? My bet is Naomi because they always punish Naomi. PLL Raj/Ivy are sweaty and breathy, and then we go to the sex shop. I guess we know what they're thinking. Naomi confronts the cops in her vinyl Catwoman suit. She offers them handcuffs but they brought their own. It's a BYOHandcuff Party! She planned this whole thing, but the suit? She's gonna have such a raaaaaaaash.

Doesn't Naomi get arrested every five weeks? So the cop comes in there frequently? Ohhhh, the question this scene invites just don't stop coming. Naomi calls the cop stupid. He swallows the handcuff key.

PJ is flinging cards for fun. He's mad he missed the Vegas trip and that the dude from Jersey Shore guy (not Jersey boy Navid) got to go. Annie yells that she wants to earn money. Get a job, babe. Annie tells him he's spoiled and PJ flings a jack of spades at her exposed back slivers.

Mr. Not Paddington Bear has the nerve to get on Nay about her wardrobe. He's married. Gotta keep up the illusion for Jacques, eh? Naomi drops the M bomb so Mr. Not Paddington Bear will pay. The party's over and Jen misses her chance to sleep with teenage library junkies. Until Jen blackmails him...sisters blackmail together. Mr. Not Paddington Bear got pwned. Back to England with ya when your wife kicks you out!

So Silver's the only one at the bar at this hour? Wha? Okaaaaay. And we didn't get to see his audition? Fail, cause I wanted to see Liam fail. Can you imagine? I got this gun to look like a soldier. What do you mean I have to speak for two minutes? I thought soldiers just carried around guns all day to look cool. Back to shirtless roofer! And the breast cancer pamphlet goes in the trash. This is so contrived. Let me just drop this behind the bar. Come on. I swear if Liam finds it......

Adrianna comes over to ask Liam about the shirtless role, and if she can have her job back. The sorry pretend soldier hired somebody else. Plus he brags about his dumb little role, and how Hit and Run got it for him. Adrianna's upset because she has no job, no more opportunies to view Liam's abs in person, and no chance to hit Hit and Run with Silver's former Vespa.

Ivy wears a happy face because they got away from the cops. They view their art in the sunlight. Ninjas don't like sunlight. Two people like it so that must mean they're geniuses. They celebrate by kissing. A catches every second of it.

Liam's trailer apparently isn't good enough. What a diva. Just kidding. But it is dumb how he manages to get Silver a job. I can't even. Navid got her job. Liam got her a job. Yet Naomi's struggling to do hers. UGH. I would NOT be surprised if the interview included some intimate experiences. This show did showcase a sex shop after all.

Thankfully, PJ and Annie are much more interesting. He started a magazine that flopped. Probably Playboys and Arrows. At least PJ puts Annie through the ringer. They're gonna be partners and PJ pulls out that sparkly dust.

Naomi wears her cheetah print because that's how fierce women roll. But Naomi got that rash! Oy. Jen admits she's impressed. Awwwww. That was actually pretty sweet. Naomi says they don't men....you know what that means. She bumps into PJ/Nick Zano and falls to pieces. Something 'bout that fairy dust.

I kinda liked the Naomi plot. It was amusing, and told us some things about her at the same time. Plus AL and Sara play well off each other. The married man plot weakened it a bit, but it was better than I thought it would be. Looking forward to seeing PJ/Naomi.

I had to amuse myself with the other plots. The chemistry between Gillian and PLL Raj was much better in this episode. I just wish he wasn't so snarky and up her butt. He's nowhere near as sweet as Original Raj. Street art is more fun than gallery art...sometimes, so I'll give him that.

Hit and Run's interference with Dixanna was mondo boring. When is she going to do something interesting a la Jasper or Emily? Weaksauce. I want to slap Liam for giving Ade's job away, and then giving Silver one. Some friend. He's just mad Adrianna's not feeling his abs anymore.

Liam/Silver comes off very contrived and rushed thus far. They should've dumped dull Hit and Run, and went straight into building a Siam friendship. Either way I wouldn't have liked it since this makes 3 for 3 in Silver/males countdown but it'd be easier to swallow.

PJ and Annie were interesting, but Annie's far more fun when she's single imo. Or hooking. Or being bitten. Or cooing over dolphins. Or almost getting hit by arrows.

Forgettable episode with redeeming moments. I'll give it a C. More Jacques would've brought it up to B -. With Ryan as his teacher, he won't even know what that letter is.

Jacques screams for luxury, PJ practices archery, and Jen won't diaper babies if they pee. Will somebody bully me to shop??????

icon

Last edited by Mayberry; 03-17-2012 at 05:24 PM
Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Aww bb your recaps

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

this episode was SUPER boring! snoozefest!

okay only 14 episodes to get through concerning this silver/liam mess.... their scenes were so random and out of nowhere. and frankly too long. they should have been shorter and they could have been building things longer. just... no. i dont think they even have friend chemistry.

Jen is such a bitch. She always talks down to Naomi and makes her look bad. She's like my ex friend. Naomi needs to cut her out for good.

Diego is a bit too "cool for school" for my taste.

Also getting pretty sick of the dixon/ade music thing. its getting really stale.

i thought pj/naomi had some chemistry in that last scene but she literally just said she didnt want a man. its pathetic the way they write her sometimes because know she's stronger than that.