Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

"Sometimes I look at nerds' profile pages to build my self esteem." Naomi

"You just gotta love California." - I hear you, Snoop!

Last edited by zerostress; 03-01-2011 at 12:04 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

(I didn't mean to double post, I swear, the website wasn't responding and I refreshed and this came out - sorry)

OK, random thoughts about the episode:
- I liked how the episode opened and closed with Adrianna, her plot to play with Silver which finally led her to fall into the trap.
- I liked how (how easily though) the gang has tricked Emily.
- I have lost any interest in Dixon and Navid, they are so lame... I liked Snoop though.
- I won't talk about Ivy because I have never taken any interest in her, at all, ever.
- Good job by Naomi who got what she wanted!
- I may be biased, but Jessica Lowndes was great in all of her scenes. Ade was clearly going through anger, disappointment, resentment, all at the same time, and Jessica was able to portray all of this - beautifully. Some examples:
When talking about Lyla, Silver asks "What if it was somebody else?"... Well, Ade knows.

In the locker room, she says "I've figured out who Navid was cheating with", Naomi asks "who?" and Ade does this: pointing in Lyla's direction but looking straight into Silver's face. Wonderful.

And of course the whole final scene was amazing.

To conclude, I have only 3 words left: CHECK. YOUR. PHONE.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Elite Fan

Annie/Liam/Emily thing was a disappointment. I knew it how it was going to go down since before Emily arrived and it played out exactly how I thought. It was such a waste of a decent character in Emily. Also, Annie somehow managed to overact her fake breakup with Liam .

I like the Navid/Dixon friendship and partnership. As much as I despise Navid right now, I get why he was mad and I'm not sure who we were supposed to root for due to Dixon's butthurt expression. Also, I can't believe that he didn't even get a look in at the Emily/Annie storyline considering that he lives with both girls. I suppose it was better off though since the storyline was so bland anyway.

Love, love, love Naomi/Max. Best part of the episode. It was nice to see a more vulnerable side of Naomi when pursuing a boy. With her and Liam it was all sex, seduction and misery but with him, it's like they bring out the best in each other. They're sort of alike in confidence yet totally opposite. Loved the two cliques passing each other at the end of the episode. Awesome.

Wow, Adrianna sent a sext of Silver. What a big moment. Or maybe it would have been had the exact same storyline not been done with Annie last season and Silver the season before. The entire school have seen Silver have sex with Dixon... on a movie theatre big screen. Really, them seeing her boobs would be old news at this stage. What a lazy conclusion. Also, I don't even feel sorry for Silver because she's been so two faced. She's been all pally pally with Adrianna while dating Navid behind her back. They've even exchanged flirty text messages right in front of her. Adrianna isn't owed a lot but both Navid and Silver are not a lot better then her when it comes to crappy judgement calls and self serving. Silver doesn't even seem apoligetic. She doesn't even seem to feel guilty anymore. I seem to yo yo in between which girl who's side I take. My opinion changes with each episode .

Anyway, I'm assuming them feuding will go on until the finale and then Adrianna will leave because I don't get how she can stay. She's so disjointed from the others it's a joke.

So is Liam a mechanic now? What happened to him being academically smart? Was that dropped? God, I wish that they'd give him something interesting to do.

I really like Ivy and Raj also. Personally, I see more chemistry between them in five minutes then I've ever seen with Ivy and Dixon in that borefest of a hookup. I can't believe that he's sick. I can't wait to see where this storyline goes. I think Gillian Zinser is a very underrated actress and next to Naomi and Teddy, Ivy is my favourite character so I can't wait to see what she does with this.

Again, it's a shame the ratings are so awful at the moment because the show is pretty good at the moment.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Liam gets more dumb by the season. It's hilarious.

icon
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Finally caught the episode.

It definitely agree it's lazy writing with the whole sext being that everyone has seen her already . But she did do the tape during her maniac phase so maybe Silver doesn't quite count it as something that really happened just like sleeping with Dixon LOL!!!!!! I love Silver but I just can't root for her in this scenario, and the whole exchange of the naughty texts with navid in front of her supposed best friend just made me so angry . I kinda want Adrianna to go full out revenge on her . Why not?

Navid and Dixon 's SL bore me. I really do enjoy their friendship dynamics but come on Navid IMO had all the reason to be pissed but I could just care less. Dixon always comes off so immature LOL!!!

Ivy and Raj love them !! I think he is adorable and is it me or didnt Ivy look gorgeous in the skateboarding scene. I agree, Ivy and Raj make total sense as a couple. I definitely see the chemistry there.

Naomi and Max best part of episode. I love how confident he is. The hallway scene was just perfect. BTW Naomi looked gorgeous in that scene.

Emily/Annie/Liam bored the crap outta me. I remember when Liam used to be interesting, what happened to that guy??? The best part of that whole scene was Naomi telling Emily she was done at West Bev. All hail the Queen has spoken

Naomi and Silver my fave friendship. Their scenes are always so pefect Silver is easily bought over by a cookie LOL!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

The sext wasn't that big of a deal, but the message from Ade to Silver is clear: check your phone, in other words... watch your back, b*tch!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

That it was hahahahhaa and rightfully so...Game on!! I loved how she toyed with her hahaha
Old 03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
New Fan

Anyone else feel Adriana is starting to look a lot older than the rest of the cast? Maybe it's just me.

Can't say I saw the Annie/Emily situation ending like that. Figured it would be played out a little more.

Liking the Max/Naomi partnership. I just hope they develop the Naomi character properly with her new found knowledge of the 'geeks'.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ivy and Raj love them !! I think he is adorable and is it me or didnt Ivy look gorgeous in the skateboarding scene. I agree, Ivy and Raj make total sense as a couple. I definitely see the chemistry there.
Yeah I thought that she looked gorgeous and they both have insane chemistry.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 03-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps (View Post)
Anyone else feel Adriana is starting to look a lot older than the rest of the cast? Maybe it's just me.

Actually, I think Jessica Stroup/Silver is the one who definitely looks older than the rest of the cast. I don't know if it's the make up or what, but sometimes I swear I feel she looks like a 40 year old lady to me!!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Yeah I thought that she looked gorgeous and they both have insane chemistry.
She did look gorgeous but I wanna know how she learnt to skateboard
Old 03-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

She actually skateboards in season 2 with a bunch of random dudes. I remember because I admired her staying on the board while on the phone with Dixon.

icon
Old 03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, she does! There's one for continuity then.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Don't worry. I forget a lot of stuff in season 2...sometimes voluntarily.

icon
Old 03-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, sometimes repression with this show is best