Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

My favorite episode in this post-hiatus collection. Obviously. I mean, obviously.

There were a lot of great scenes, I thought, and I have one BIG complaint that I'll save for last.

First of all, Javier's a stalker. He and Adrianna haven't had more than one conversation before he's trying to push up on that. It's just like Gia and her waiting in the wings of that one party. I mean, dang. Ade must be crack. But he showed up with flowers and is buying her dresses and I don't think he knows a thing about the girl. There's no depth, which I like obviously, but...

Anyways, Navid is the total opposite. Loved the charm bracelet, the fact that he got the roof idea from a movie, and that he was watching from the wings because he's known her forever. I hope she finds that bracelet! Plus the scene in the Blaze was adorable. Ha, "washboard abs", "you go, girlfriend", etc....Steger is the awesome. Now I guess I just have to be patient and wait.

Jessica Stroup looked gorgeous in this ep. She did a great job with the break-up scene. Spence makes Tilver about fifty percent more interesting, but I still don't care if Teddy goes. I thought it was hilarious that Javier's song played over Tilver's love scene. It reminded me that Teddy's only a guest star, for some reason. It took me out of the love scene, which was actually pretty subtle. Plus a couple months doesn't seem like enough time to wait. The whole thing was just off.

The Sixon was kind of adorable. I've been pulling for Divy all season, but seeing two sixteen-year olds acting like fools was refreshing next to all the Liomi/Lannie/Javianna exaggerated mess. That's actually why I liked Divy at first. Divy was extremely cute on the beach and then at the end there. But I WAS reminded why I liked Sixon last year. I'm torn as ever.

Jasper felt...misplaced in this episode. I enjoyed seeing him again but it seemed like some attempt at a tidy wrap-up. I did like seeing Mark rattle him a bit. We need a Mark among the teen set. I'm sick of the adults being the bad guys...Stepdaddy Coinalot, Knocked Up Jen, Cannon the Creep. Jasper's more like a wounded bird. Mark is just stank.

Debbie and Harry....don't care. Why don't both of YOU go to Austrailia so I don't have to hear your lame problems. Then Debbie's reduced to speaking Aussie. Well, throw another shrimp on the barbie, Aunt Becky, and get off my screen.

Liam almost saw Annie's confession...ruh-roh. That could've went somewhere. Lannie was pretty boring this ep. Maybe they need the boat to be cute.

Okay, well, here's the BIG complaint. They're making Naomi look like trash for no reason. I can deal with it for one ep, but it's repetitive and dull now. Just break them up already. I was okay with them reuniting in maybe season 4, but they don't know how to write Naomi around this dude. Seriously, her clunker is more appealing. Maybe Naomi and Vodka Boy can date. He and Silver are already hanging out. Cocktail and Clark.

Ryan's a baby daddy. Probably. Let's see how far his teacher's salary stretches.

Why was Ade rubbing her tummy like she had a hernia? It would've been funny if she hurled on stage. It'd be so rock n' roll.

B plus for the ep!

Oh, and swear that is NOT Liam's mom. She's his grad school sugar mama or something.

icon
Old 05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
New Fan

Felt so bad for Navid, Ade does not fit with Javiar at all. Teddy and Silver were so good and the drama added by spence was that much better. I really hope Teddy stays on the show and the gang hang out more on the beach. Why can't i feel sorry for Naomi, but I just want to cuss out Jen
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 PM
New Fan

Silver and Teddy... never happened. Nope. They never dated. They never kissed. And they certainly never inspected the mattress for its mombo-iness. Teddy never existed period.

Silver can do better than an imaginary boyfriend.

Naomi driving a clunker was hilarious. That was worth the price of admission right there.

BTW, how is Liam going to get the boat out of the basement? I didn't see any other doors down there.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Did Silver decide to drink just b/c Dixon said sure why not?

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInferno (View Post)
BTW, how is Liam going to get the boat out of the basement? I didn't see any other doors down there.
Same way Gibbs does on NCIS
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought it was a garage?

Also, I really liked that Liam told Naomi that she'd been way too self involved. I think Naomi is kind of a drama queen, she exaggerates a lot and she tends to immerse herself in her own issues too much. Jen is a huge issue of hers, and so I don't think it's too contrived that she would be too involved with herself to let Liam get a word in. But when he actually flipped and told her that she was being a bitch, she immediately snapped out of it. However, it seemed "one step forward, two steps back" considering she lied about having the flu later. Then again, I don't find that too contrived either. For her, the big issue of Liam's Dad is already over, so she thinks it can't be that bad and that they can talk about it later, after she'd find out who Jen is with. But I can also see that Liam and Naomi don't really fit too well together, since he can't relate to her issues. They have entirely different kind of problems: She thinks not being able to shop and spa for six months is the end of the world, whereas he has to deal with his real father showing up and leaving again and it obviously bothered him much more than he let Naomi know (which she couldn't even tell...).

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj

Last edited by sweet_zelda; 05-12-2010 at 12:57 AM
Old 05-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

And just when I think Naomi's finally wised up and grown, girl goes and regresses. I don't know. I get that it must suck having an evil older sister who's out to destroy your life, but always pushing the boyfriend to the backburner isn't saying much about the relationship. Meh. I blame it on the writing, unless Naomi is really just supposed to be like that. I don't even know anymore.

Love Navid. Now I remember why I've wanted him more on the show. His little boy-crush on Javier scene with Dixon, that's the stuff I love and have missed.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Supreme Fan

The way they write Naomi is so inconsistent, it drives me crazy. In S1 she was there and supportive of Ade going through the pregnancy/drugs thing whilst still strugging with her dad cheating on her mother and moving out. So why have they suddenly decided that Naomi is self centred and only cares about herself/fails to recognise when people she loves are going through something? So much fail.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I agree. But it's all there way to build up Annie. Personally, I don't see through that writer-manipulation. I noticed how since Jasper's been gone, Annie's been - Ok. And her and Liam, just gel together. But oh, Naomi has all these problems that only she knows how to deal with. Oh, and Annie and Liam have father issues. Oh... Cut the crap, cut to mid-way s4 when things settle back to normal and this ship crashes and we get L/N back. Until then, I guess I'll just bare through the "rough waters" ahead.

But also, having said that, I don't hate the idea of Annie/Liam, which sounds absurd when I say it out loud, but I notice they just don't - bug me.

kenny | credit
Old 05-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)
Love Navid. Now I remember why I've wanted him more on the show. His little boy-crush on Javier scene with Dixon, that's the stuff I love and have missed.
Me too!
Everything Navid said was hilarious and Dixon's facial reactions were perfect.
Also funny was when Dixon acted like Navid was giving the bracelet to him, and when Navid was using the baby voice. I flove them.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

Jen's preggers. Must be Ryan's. Guess those two will be a part of s3. Grrrrreeeeaaaaattttt.

kenny | credit
Old 05-13-2010, 06:01 AM
Elite Fan

This was a great episode!

I loved that we got to hear more of Adrianna/Jess singing! But I felt so very sorry and sad for Navid

And Naomi is just too stupid, that i'm telling Liam to go w/Annie even if they wouldn't be my first ship
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh lawd this show is so

anyways

What i liked:
Silver and naomi sex chat
Navid being all gooey and the charm braclet was cute
Adrianna in concert she is very talented
Silver and dixon kiss eventhough it was a drunken mistake kiss it was still a kiss
jasper returning bless him

i´m not even gonna go through all the bad stuff it annoys me too much and i´ll offend people so i´m just gonna skip it
Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshgirlyUK (View Post)
The way they write Naomi is so inconsistent, it drives me crazy. In S1 she was there and supportive of Ade going through the pregnancy/drugs thing whilst still strugging with her dad cheating on her mother and moving out. So why have they suddenly decided that Naomi is self centred and only cares about herself/fails to recognise when people she loves are going through something? So much fail.
I dont really see it as inconsistent. Sure Naomi cares about her friends/boyfriend and what they are going through but she gets distracted easily, espically when it comes to possible revenge. She saw Jen and got side tracked. She wasnt going to just let something that could possibly one her up pass by. Thats who she is.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

i've started feeling like this is some sort of a reality show like that laguna beach or something in that it only has all these teenagers dating each other, it's like a major in and out of love fest!

icon credit: Alexa ^_^