Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Yep. I'm really SO over Conde and Mary and whatever angst the writers want to put them through. Should I care that he's thinking about Mary when he's banging another woman? Should I care that he had that mark on him? I just don't. He's such a dry character and I don't want to put in the work.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Like I don't hate him but I don't care about him either. Conde's entire character and the way they've written him has made it so I'm just not invested in him at all either way. I did not feel bad for him and I would not care if he died

Quote:
I did LOVE that scene where Francis brought Mary firewood and was "checking up on her." That's what HUSBANDS do. Plus you could tell Francis is still dealing with a lot. My heart did break for Mary when she saw Francis, Lola, and the baby in bed together. That Lola....such a nuisance. If I were her baby, I'd cry in her arms too. #sorrynotsorry
I loved that too. With the exception of the end scene with that annoying little twit Lola (god even asleep, she irritates me ) I actually thought this was a pretty good episode for Frary development wise, it showed that even apart, their hearts and minds are still on each other. Francis is determined to make things right for Mary even in her absense, and Mary despite her own issues was still showing concern for Francis throughout the episode and had turned a real corner in regards to their ridiculous "open marriage" nonsense towards the end. I'm hoping this means tptb have realized what a huge mistake it was to tear them apart and will now take steps to remedy that

Quote:
Greith....interesting. That's all I can really say about that.
It was nice to see Greer kind of acknowledge what's still between her and Leith and I'm glad Leith told Greer to respect him enough not to lead him on in not so many words but I still wanna see these two back together already..or at least headed in that direction

Quote:
I did like how they wrapped up Cat/Henry/daughters. Mad Catherine's okay but mad Henry was loads better.
Catherine's madness is much less fun than Henry's was, that's for sure like I don't dislike it but it lacks that entertainment factor that Henry's provided and is just kinda meh for me. I prefer Catherine as the BAMF in full control of her faculties

Quote:
Wow Kennash. That was a hot first scene. The ep was alright but still not season 1 level.
I totally was not expecting that Kennash love scene at the beginning of the episode but I loved it!! I was very pleasantly surprised at how much focus they got on this week's episode considering how backgrounded all things Kennash have been lately. I hope we continue to see more of them.

The episode in general was just okay for me but I definitely think it's a step in the right direction.

I hate all the Conde/Mary foreshadowing though, especially with next week's promo..Just the idea of those two getting together has me like

my tumblr|| Jess

Last edited by Fated 4 FayLee; 01-24-2015 at 11:31 AM
Old 01-25-2015, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so behind on my shows again.

Shameless tonight

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

For once I'm actually all caught up though part of that can be blamed on my having the flu so there's been a lot of lying around time this weekend

Oh yeah, I totally forgot Shameless is tonight. I'll be watching that, Revenge, and possibly B99 if I get the chance.

I've been getting into Supernatural, 10 years late but the male eye candy makes it so worth it and they've got some really good snarky humor in there too.

Chas, did you get to see CPD yet??

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

B99: Kind of a letdown for Eva Longoria's last ep. Although her boss' interaction with Jake was very funny, and Jake/Terry continue to be the cutest bromance ever.

Quote:
Yeah, I feel the same way. Like I don't hate him but I don't care about him either. Conde's entire character and the way they've written him has made it so I'm just not invested in him at all either way. I did not feel bad for him and I would not care if he died
Same. Would not miss him if he was a goner in the finale.

Quote:
I loved that too. With the exception of the end scene with that annoying little twit Lola (god even asleep, she irritates me ) I actually thought this was a pretty good episode for Frary development wise, it showed that even apart, their hearts and minds are still on each other. Francis is determined to make things right for Mary even in her absense, and Mary despite her own issues was still showing concern for Francis throughout the episode and had turned a real corner in regards to their ridiculous "open marriage" nonsense towards the end. I'm hoping this means tptb have realized what a huge mistake it was to tear them apart and will now take steps to remedy that
There really was some good development in this ep but I'm worried about the next one. That was a great scene between Mary/Greer. I missed her talking things out with her ladies, so I was totally loving that scene. Plus it was clear WHO Mary wanted-- Francis. This "open marriage", even the consideration of it, is bonkers. It would also turn off the Frary fanbase, which this show needs to survive frankly.

Quote:
It was nice to see Greer kind of acknowledge what's still between her and Leith and I'm glad Leith told Greer to respect him enough not to lead him on in not so many words but I still wanna see these two back together already..or at least headed in that direction
I think Greer thinks Leith will always and should always pine for her, even though she's married. No, missy. I don't think Castleroy is long for this world but that doesn't mean Leith will be single if Casleroy disappears.

Quote:
Catherine's madness is much less fun than Henry's was, that's for sure like I don't dislike it but it lacks that entertainment factor that Henry's provided and is just kinda meh for me. I prefer Catherine as the BAMF in full control of her faculties
Yesss. I just finished season 1 and this show is on a whole other level when Catherine is kicking butt and taking names. She brings something to the show even Queen Mary can't. Queen Mary is powerful female in training but Catherine is a walking inferno.

Quote:
I totally was not expecting that Kennash love scene at the beginning of the episode but I loved it!! I was very pleasantly surprised at how much focus they got on this week's episode considering how backgrounded all things Kennash have been lately. I hope we continue to see more of them.

The episode in general was just okay for me but I definitely think it's a step in the right direction.

I hate all the Conde/Mary foreshadowing though, especially with next week's promo..Just the idea of those two getting together has me like
Conde/Mary together would be a catastrophe. It's worse than watching paint dry. It's like looking at an open paint can. You just want to chuck it out the window before you pass out.

icon
Old 01-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Chas, did you see Shameless last night?? I cannot believe what Debbie did. I just..ugh

Haven't caught B99 yet so I'll have to post my thoughts on that later.

Quote:
There really was some good development in this ep but I'm worried about the next one. That was a great scene between Mary/Greer. I missed her talking things out with her ladies, so I was totally loving that scene. Plus it was clear WHO Mary wanted-- Francis. This "open marriage", even the consideration of it, is bonkers. It would also turn off the Frary fanbase, which this show needs to survive frankly.
I've always loved the Mary/Greer friendship as well and Mary needed to talk to one of her ladies, one who has no connection to Francis and can just listen. I think Mary knew the answer deep down but needed someone to work it out with so that was cool.

Yeah, Frary is kinda like the Delena fanbase of Reign in the sense that they make up majority of viewers. I mean sure there are other ships but the Frary fanbase is by far the biggest and the most vocal so the show needs them if it has any hope of recovering from this season.

Quote:
I think Greer thinks Leith will always and should always pine for her, even though she's married. No, missy. I don't think Castleroy is long for this world but that doesn't mean Leith will be single if Casleroy disappears.
Yeah, that's been my only real issue with Greer. She kinda acts like she should get to move on but Leith shouldn't. I'm sorry but no, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too

After all this time we've seen Leith pine for Greer and have to watch her be with someone else, I think it's time for the shoe to be on the other foot. I want them to end up back together but first let Greer be the one to have to sit idly by watching Leith in the arms of another for a change.

Quote:
Yesss. I just finished season 1 and this show is on a whole other level when Catherine is kicking butt and taking names. She brings something to the show even Queen Mary can't. Queen Mary is powerful female in training but Catherine is a walking inferno.
Exactly. Queen Mary is her own kind of epic but there's no denying the fiery greatness that is Catherine

Quote:
Conde/Mary together would be a catastrophe. It's worse than watching paint dry. It's like looking at an open paint can. You just want to chuck it out the window before you pass out.
a perfect depiction of those two together

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

I caught up with Chicago PD. Lindsey didn't last long eh? How hot are her scenes with Jay though?

I really liked the scenes with Jay and his dad as well...

Shameless:

Having watched the episode I have to say, I don't appreciate Ian's attitude to Lip regarding Mandy. It's not on Lip to convince Mandy to stay. She might be in love with him but from every interaction that they've had I've never felt that Lip was with her. Ian's flippant "I'm sure you did" response to Lip saying he tried was just unnecessary because at the end of the day Lip can't pretend he's in love with her when he's not. Not to make Ian happy and certainly not to make Mandy happy. Sometimes I think that the show is trying to sell a different story but from what I've seen he's not in love with her and never will be. He cares about her and appreciates that in her own way she has tried to help him (brain damaging Karen aside) but sadly for Mandy he just isn't in love with her and even throughout season three when he did his best to forge a relationship with her it was always doomed because as much as he tried he just wasn't in love with her.

Now that's my take on it, I do think the writers have tried to sell them as something more but it just doesn't seem to work. From some of the moments this episode I have a feeling that if the writers don't find a decent love interest for Lip soon to make them forget Mandy she'll be back by the season end with a baby Lip in tow and Lip will realise that it's the hood girl Mandy that he's always wanted.

Please no.

My Tumblr
My Twitter

Last edited by Chastidy; 01-26-2015 at 05:06 PM
Old 01-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
I caught up with Chicago PD. Lindsey didn't last long eh? How hot are her scenes with Jay though?

I really liked the scenes with Jay and his dad as well...
Yeah, I kinda figured Lindsay wouldn't be with the task force for too long but I had hoped she'd stay longer than that to at least let the possible storyline play out before heading back to intelligence

I did really love her continued scenes with Halstead though, those were great

Quote:
Shameless:

Having watched the episode I have to say, I don't appreciate Ian's attitude to Lip regarding Mandy. It's not on Lip to convince Mandy to stay. She might be in love with him but from every interaction that they've had I've never felt that Lip was with her. Ian's flippant "I'm sure you did" response to Lip saying he tried was just unnecessary because at the end of the day Lip can't pretend he's in love with her when he's not. Not to make Ian happy and certainly not to make Mandy happy. Sometimes I think that the show is trying to sell a different story but from what I've seen he's not in love with her and never will be. He cares about her and appreciates that in her own way she has tried to help him (brain damaging Karen aside) but sadly for Mandy he just isn't in love with her and even throughout season three when he did his best to forge a relationship with her it was always doomed because as much as he tried he just wasn't in love with her.

Now that's my take on it, I do think the writers have tried to sell them as something more but it just doesn't seem to work. From some of the moments this episode I have a feeling that if the writers don't find a decent love interest for Lip soon to make them forget Mandy she'll be back by the season end with a baby Lip in tow and Lip will realise that it's the hood girl Mandy that he's always wanted.

Please no.
I completely agree with all of this. Lip tried everything he could to get Mandy to stay short of lying to her and saying he loved her when he didn't. She said it to him and obviously if Lip had felt it, he would've said it back but he didn't. You can't force someone to feel something that they don't. Lip did the best he could but at the end of the day, It's Mandy's life and what she does with that life is on her and no one else.

What did you think of the whole Debbie thing? I'm finding it a little hard to swallow that they're basically trying to pull the "she didn't really know what she was doing" nonsense. That just really rubbed me the wrong way but maybe that's just me

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-27-2015, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

I sort of don't get what they're doing with Lip/Mandy. Lots of people seem to think he really does love her but he's just oh so damaged he can't say it. I really didn't get that. I think he didn't say it because he doesn't love her... End of.

Eugh to Debbie. Honestly I'm not too maddened. It's a gross storyline but if she shuts up about her virginity for a few episodes... And she needs to stop doing that annoying hair flick and ~sexy face.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Just saw that the combo of TO and JTV gave the CW it's most watched Monday in three years last night

The Originals last night was really good, the first really Marcel centered episode and he totally rocked it.

Loved seeing the original siblings together again and how they went to bat for Rebekah..total fangirl moment I never thought the day would come when I'd actually like Klaus but I am just loving him these days, his speech last night about his love for Elijah and how he forgave him so easily..I just can't

Also finally got around to catching TVD, they should really just cancel it already because my god, the ridiculousness is overwhelming

Quote:
I sort of don't get what they're doing with Lip/Mandy. Lots of people seem to think he really does love her but he's just oh so damaged he can't say it. I really didn't get that. I think he didn't say it because he doesn't love her... End of.
I'm with you on Lip and Mandy. While I do think Lip cares about Mandy, I don't think he loves her by any measure. He looked really uncomfortable when Mandy confessed her love for him and most guys, if they're in love with a girl, even if they can't say it back, they're still happy to hear those words from her but Lip just looked like he was gonna throw up when Mandy said it

Quote:
Eugh to Debbie. Honestly I'm not too maddened. It's a gross storyline but if she shuts up about her virginity for a few episodes... And she needs to stop doing that annoying hair flick and ~sexy face.
It's not so much that I'm maddened about it as I am just grossed out and annoyed at the double standard. If Debbie was a guy, she wouldn't be let off the hook so easily and I refuse to believe that she just didn't know better. Idk, I really liked Debbie in the first two seasons but ever since they made her so boy crazy, I just really can't stand her anymore.

my tumblr|| Jess

Last edited by Fated 4 FayLee; 01-27-2015 at 01:49 PM
Old 01-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated 4 FayLee (View Post)
Yeah, Frary is kinda like the Delena fanbase of Reign in the sense that they make up majority of viewers. I mean sure there are other ships but the Frary fanbase is by far the biggest and the most vocal so the show needs them if it has any hope of recovering from this season.
Yeah, I don't even watch VD but I know who Delena is. Every show has a flagship couple, and the CW has some of the most well-known ones for the target demo, so just let Frary be. Kennash could be another option but they refuse to show them.

Quote:
Yeah, that's been my only real issue with Greer. She kinda acts like she should get to move on but Leith shouldn't. I'm sorry but no, you don't get to have your cake and eat it too

After all this time we've seen Leith pine for Greer and have to watch her be with someone else, I think it's time for the shoe to be on the other foot. I want them to end up back together but first let Greer be the one to have to sit idly by watching Leith in the arms of another for a change.
I think it goes back to her being a titled lady, and Leith starting off as a servant. She needs to get over that mentality because it's really cost her nothing but trouble and unhappiness.

Quote:

a perfect depiction of those two together
I try.

icon
Old 01-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

What's happening on TVD? I need the laugh

Yeah I've a horrible horrible feeling they're going to write Mandy back in and have her pregnant or something.. Ugh.

The Debbie thing was just.. I don't know. I have a hard time calling it rape but I can absolutely see how messed up it would be if it was Carl doing it to an older girl or something so the double standards is sick. I think I just want the whole virginity storyline to die so if this is the way it happens then I'll let it go...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Anyone watching PLL tonight?

Quote:
Yeah, I don't even watch VD but I know who Delena is. Every show has a flagship couple, and the CW has some of the most well-known ones for the target demo, so just let Frary be. Kennash could be another option but they refuse to show them.
I agree. Frary is definitely that ship for Reign. Sadly, I don't think Kennash will ever get the kind of screen time they'd need to be recognized as the big ship of the show

Quote:
I think it goes back to her being a titled lady, and Leith starting off as a servant. She needs to get over that mentality because it's really cost her nothing but trouble and unhappiness.
I wish that she would. After everything Leith has done and been through, I really think it's time Greer starts looking at him as an equal rather than the servant boy crushing on her.

Quote:
What's happening on TVD? I need the laugh
Just a bunch of nonsense really Liz is dying of cancer and Caroline tries to help her by feeding her vamp blood but ends up speeding the cancer along instead there's another sociopathic serial killer on the loose and a bunch of witchy crap that I don't even know where to begin explaining

Quote:
Yeah I've a horrible horrible feeling they're going to write Mandy back in and have her pregnant or something.. Ugh.
I wouldn't be surprised. Mandy definitely seems to be the untouchable snowflake of the show

Quote:
The Debbie thing was just.. I don't know. I have a hard time calling it rape but I can absolutely see how messed up it would be if it was Carl doing it to an older girl or something so the double standards is sick. I think I just want the whole virginity storyline to die so if this is the way it happens then I'll let it go...
The thing is though, I don't think the sl is actually going to die, I get the feeling Debbie is just gonna be more boy crazy than ever now. I really hope I'm wrong though.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-28-2015, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

I watched PLL. I'm just not that into it anymore. I wish I was, but the eps just don't thrill me anymore. Although, I did like Emily rescuing Sparia last night. What do you think about Jason/Ashley? I'm still bitter Aria won't get a piece of that.

icon
Old 01-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, same here. I still watch out of loyalty kinda like I did with 90210 towards the end but it's definitely not one of my faves anymore. The last few eps have been especially lackluster.

I don't hate Jason/Ashley but they don't do anything for me either. I'm always gonna want Jason/Aria even though I know it'll never happen

I'm basically watching for Haleb now. Ezria are a joke, Spoby make absolutely no sense anymore..Toby in general makes no sense anymore And Emily never stays single for more than 2 seconds

I just read that Brianna Brown will be returning for the third season of Devious Maids so I'm pretty excited about that

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 01-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't even understand why Jaria can't happen other than the fact that Ezria's so popular. I mean, Aria's almost eighteen, Jason's single, Ali's locked up so they won't have to worry about her, and Ezra...don't get me started on that dude.

Emily's love life is ridiculous. They should just make her single or have a long distance relationship and leave it at that.

icon