Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

I've never written any fanfics myself, I'm more of a reader. The one I've been reading is a Haylijah fanfic, it has about 37 chapters so far and omg, it is unbelievable. I've laughed, I've cried, I've been scared shietless to read the next chapter There's so much suspense and intrigue to it that I'm actually just as addicted to it as any of my fave shows. Seriously one of the best fanfics I've ever read to date.

I'm not all that familiar with EM but I have been enjoying her on OUAT

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone

OK first thing I'm going to watch is B99

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-14-2014, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Hey Chas

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

hey girl

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

How have you been??

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm good, just really busy at the moment.

I caught up with B99. My favourite episode so far this season. Jake and Amy = . Also Rosa is quickly becoming one of my top characters. She's proving herself to be a great leader.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

I've never seen B99 myself. What's it about??

My shows have been very emotionally draining these past two weeks. TO has been super dark so far this season which is great story wise but it's killing me one emotion at a time Reign has been pretty intense as well and Revenge is about to make me crawl out of my skin Thank god for the few lighter shows I watch.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

May watches it as well. It's this hilarious cop show starring Andy Samberg. It's kind of got that Scrubs, Happy Endings humour that I love in my comedies.

Is Revenge still on?

I'm looking forward to Chicago Fire and PD this week.

Also, there's a new comedy starting tonight called Marry Me.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Ahh okay, sounds fun

Unfortunately yes, I hate where they've taken it though. I wish they'd just resolve the story and end the series already.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Marry Me looks cute! I love both the leads so I might watch.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Regina was everything in this episode She really has come such a long way and it's a really beautiful thing to see. It was so obvious that true love's kiss wouldn't work given that R/M are not true love sure, there's a love there but not true love, not the kind of love that Robin feels for Regina. I have to admit I barely felt bad for Marian at all over the whole ice cream thing she's just so flat as a character that I have a very hard time feeling for her in general.
Flat as a pancake. It almost makes you feel bad for the actress. Even Roland has more pep than she does. But it'll be easier to dispense of her. And hello Robin/Regina!

Quote:
Will was so amazing and he brought the comedy as always. The way he says he's a thief like it's a noble thing to be and then his line about not shooting a man in the back right before he takes off running I just love him so much and I already totally ship him with Emma I know it's never gonna happen because CS owns the show and all but what can I say, I've always been a sucker for impossible ships
Oh, I looooove impossible ships. I feel like every fan should have an impossible ship, especially if the show REFUSES to detract from OTPs. Case in point....

Quote:
I will admit that I was touched by the end scene when Emma talked about all the people that she's lost but I still feel like CS are lacking the "it" factor. They keep being pushed as this "epic" couple but hello don't epic love stories have a bit more angst than this? look at Snowing, they've had to endure more struggle than most in a lifetime. They're the definition of the "against all odds" couple because they've had to overcome so much to be together but CS just automatically get to be happy together without going through any real obstacles?? Yeah, I'm sorry but I just have absolutely no interest in that
Yesss. There has to be some degree of chase or surprise. That's actually why I was rooting for Captain Swan in season 2. I was enjoying them and Swanfire at the same time. I was actually excited to be supporting both, and the suspense of not knowing who Emma would choose made it interesting. Like look how long they kept Dawson/Joey/Pacey going even though it was getting more obvious Pacey would win out. I don't believe in dragging a triangle out forever but there should be some highs and lows, especially for the main girl. Shippers want their OTP to be happy and together? Fine. But a good OTP is tested. That's why it's an OTP.

Quote:
loved that scene because most of the time everyone is far too busy kissing Snow's rear to tell her what she needs to hear and she needed to hear this. I completely understand the anxiety she has associated with letting go of her baby, not just because of what happened with Emma as a baby but also having had baby Neal stolen for a short while as well but all that said, she is still pretending like this child is her only one and it's making me wanna pound on her a little bit Snow needs to work through her issues or she's not gonna be any better of a mother to baby Neal than she's been to Emma.

Loved the Charming/Emma scenes of course. It's funny because I started out not being the biggest fan of his and now I love him (most of the time)
Yep. Everybody babies Snow, even when she needs a reality check. Sometimes she gets into a "woe is me" tunnel and the town has to spend time they don't have propping her up. She's not the only SB character that lost a child. How does she think Rumple feels? Or Marco/Geppetto? They were all separated from their children. Rumple would do anything to spend time with his ADULT son Bae but now he can't, so Snow should consider herself lucky.

Same. I didn't love Charming until they started giving him scenes with Emma. Sure I loved Snowing...most of us did, but he was a bore by himself. Actually, he was more of a dolt. But seeing him in daddy mode is so awesome.

I'm thinking about watching Marry Me, but I'm already watching so many comedies.

Fated, you're going to make me faint with those Frary gifs. And you should totally watch Brooklyn 99. If you like New Girl, you're like that. I did enjoy this past week's New Girl. It was my all-time favorite Coach episode. Loved what he did for Schmidt.

Chas, what'd you think of B99 this week? Jake and Amy are so adorable. I know it's healthier for him to move on but I love that he's quietly pining for her while they work together. And I'm still cracking uo from last week when Holt gave Amy an A and he glared at her when she aked for an A. They're making Holt and Amy a lot more funny this year.
Do you think Rosa would ever get promoted over Jake?

icon

Last edited by Mayberry; 10-14-2014 at 08:42 PM
Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

Forever was really good last night. The part with Henry watching the little boy in the boxing ring at the end was touching and it's always cool to see the Henry flashbacks during his work on the cases. I couldn't help but giggle at the end when the detective asked how Henry and Abe knew each other and they both got super nervous

Chicago PD tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Flat as a pancake. It almost makes you feel bad for the actress. Even Roland has more pep than she does. But it'll be easier to dispense of her. And hello Robin/Regina!
Yeah, it was pretty clear from the getgo that Marian was never really gonna draw us in but I'm all for sending her on her way to pave the way for R/R to reunite

Quote:
Oh, I looooove impossible ships. I feel like every fan should have an impossible ship, especially if the show REFUSES to detract from OTPs. Case in point....
Right? A good majority of my ships are the impossible kind where the odds are just never on their side. They're just so tragically beautiful, I can't help it

Quote:
Yesss. There has to be some degree of chase or surprise. That's actually why I was rooting for Captain Swan in season 2. I was enjoying them and Swanfire at the same time. I was actually excited to be supporting both, and the suspense of not knowing who Emma would choose made it interesting. Like look how long they kept Dawson/Joey/Pacey going even though it was getting more obvious Pacey would win out. I don't believe in dragging a triangle out forever but there should be some highs and lows, especially for the main girl. Shippers want their OTP to be happy and together? Fine. But a good OTP is tested. That's why it's an OTP.
I agree, I also loved CS in season two. They had a really good build up for a while there which is why, as much as I adored SwanFire, there were times when I shipped Captain Swan even more. They started out great and really pulled me in but now I feel like they've kinda fizzled out which tends to happen when a couple gets too much focus. I'm not a big fan of triangles but I agree about D/J/P and it leaves very little intrigue when couples get a happy ending so soon into their relationship the way CS seem to be getting.

Quote:
Yep. Everybody babies Snow, even when she needs a reality check. Sometimes she gets into a "woe is me" tunnel and the town has to spend time they don't have propping her up. She's not the only SB character that lost a child. How does she think Rumple feels? Or Marco/Geppetto? They were all separated from their children. Rumple would do anything to spend time with his ADULT son Bae but now he can't, so Snow should consider herself lucky.
Exactly and that's the difference between Rumple and Snow to me because while another important part of is life is Belle and he loves her immensely, he never forgot about Neal in the presence of Belle and throughout everything, the most important thing to him throughout the years was finding his son and even after he found him, Neal remained the most important thing in his life and even now that Neal is gone, you still see that shine through whereas with Snow she talks a good game but when it comes to actually being a mother, she's been pretty vacant and has totally taken her time with Emma for granted. Instead of complaining about all the time she lost with Emma, she should be taking advantage of the time she still has with her, time that Rumple and Neal will never be able to get back.

Quote:
Same. I didn't love Charming until they started giving him scenes with Emma. Sure I loved Snowing...most of us did, but he was a bore by himself. Actually, he was more of a dolt. But seeing him in daddy mode is so awesome.
Yeah, turning on the fatherly instincts in Charming really livened him up

Quote:
I'm thinking about watching Marry Me, but I'm already watching so many comedies.
Did you end up watching it? I'm considering checking it out but would like to know if it's any good first

Quote:
Fated, you're going to make me faint with those Frary gifs. And you should totally watch Brooklyn 99. If you like New Girl, you're like that. I did enjoy this past week's New Girl. It was my all-time favorite Coach episode. Loved what he did for Schmidt.
What can I say, Frary has that effect

I may consider checking it out sometime..I'm kinda torn about taking on more new shows because I'm already juggling so many I could definitely use more comedies though because I watch so many dramas that it can get a bit draining at times

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-16-2014, 03:03 AM
Elite Fan

May, I'm loving Jake and Amy. They are the sweetest. I love how natural and dorky the flirting is with them as well. I could see Rosa getting promoted over him. I think she's a great leader and would be fair to her team. Jake is still kind of immature..

Fated, did you watch PD?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

Not yet. I spent most of the night reading I'm gonna watch it tomorrow though..or should I say later today

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

I'm in the middle of watching it. Did you watch it yet?

My Tumblr
My Twitter