Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Besides '90210,' What Are You Watching? #7

Besides 90210,
What Are You Watching?

"Harmless and enjoyable fun."

--Chastidy

"It's getting back to the group dynamic and still satisfying for fans who want a bit of S/Cece and Ness."

--Mayberry

"Romantic. . .interesting."

--James26

"The potential is definitely there."

--Fated 4 FayLee

"Thursdays are gonna be such a full night for me this year."

--Fated 4 FayLee

Previous Threads
1 2 3 4 5 6
Old 10-02-2014, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt and thanks for the new pics/captions too..Not gonna lie, totally swooning over my bb boy's new show "Forever" being at the top

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Reign

It wasn't for me (even though I'm a fan of medieval lore), but I can see why some people like it, though.

Gotham

I'm not usually into prequels, so I probably won't be seeing this. I'm surprised it didn't end up as a CW/CBS show, since WB characters usually go to WB-related networks, if I'm not mistaken. I've heard that there's going to be a Supergirl series soon.

Revenge

@ Fated: I think the big secret could be coming out soon. Hope Charlotte finally learns the truth.

Resurrection

Just saw the first episode. I'm really liking it so far.

Forever

Haven't seen this one yet, but I'll probably give it a try.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)
Reign

It wasn't for me (even though I'm a fan of medieval lore), but I can see why some people like it, though.

Gotham

I'm not usually into prequels, so I probably won't be seeing this. I'm surprised it didn't end up as a CW/CBS show, since WB characters usually go to WB-related networks, if I'm not mistaken. I've heard that there's going to be a Supergirl series soon.
I absolutely love Reign

I'm not sold on Gotham yet but I'm gonna stick with it for now to see if it gets good.

Quote:
Revenge

@ Fated: I think the big secret could be coming out soon. Hope Charlotte finally learns the truth.
Yeah, from the looks of this week's promo, it looks like the truth about Emily/Charlotte could be coming out but then their promos have been known to be misleading in the past so who knows, we'll see

Quote:

Forever

Haven't seen this one yet, but I'll probably give it a try.
I'll admit I'm completely biased because I'm seriously in love with Ioan Gruffudd..Like he almost reaches Daniel Gillies status for me so I'll basically love anything he's on but Ioan's awesomeness aside, I do find the dynamic of the show to be quite interesting and it's overall a very charming series so far.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I'm hoping that the promo isn't a dream sequence or whatever, but I guess we'll see. Really hope Charlotte stops acting like a brat, in any case.

I guess Gruffudd has that effect on women. I imagine he could be the next Brad Pitt down the line. I'm trying not to crush on the heroine of Resurrection and just focus on the show.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from the episodes right now, so I'm going to check out Forever.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping that the promo isn't a dream sequence or whatever, but I guess we'll see. Really hope Charlotte stops acting like a brat, in any case.
Yeah, same here. I really don't like what she pulled with Jack's son. I understand her being upset about what happened but she's handling it all wrong. I really hope they don't end up making her just like the rest of her family.

Quote:
I guess Gruffudd has that effect on women. I imagine he could be the next Brad Pitt down the line. I'm trying not to crush on the heroine of Resurrection and just focus on the show.
Brad has never really been my type but I know there are a lot of women that love him. As for Ioan, I can't speak for anyone else but he certainly has that effect on me

I try to stay as objective as I can about his new show but as soon as he comes on, I'm like

Quote:
Anyway, I'm taking a break from the episodes right now, so I'm going to check out Forever.
Awesome, let me know what you think

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fated 4 FayLee (View Post)
Brad has never really been my type but I know there are a lot of women that love him.
Including now, I'd imagine, in his 50s. Oh well, age is only a number. Julianne Moore is in her 50s too, and I think she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.

As for Forever, I thought the pilot was just fine. The whole "brainy guy teams up with no-nonsense policewoman" thing is very familiar, but the performances were good and the scenario is interesting enough. I also liked that moment toward the end, when we learn how long he's known Judd Hirsch's character. I think Gruffudd's a talented guy.

Last edited by James26; 10-03-2014 at 07:31 PM
Old 10-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone see these Ioan tweets about his character on Forever??

Quote:
Including now, I'd imagine, in his 50s. Oh well, age is only a number. Julianne Moore is in her 50s too, and I think she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen.
Yeah, and there are some that just get better looking with age too

Quote:
As for Forever, I thought the pilot was just fine. The whole "brainy guy teams up with no-nonsense policewoman" thing is very familiar, but the performances were good and the scenario is interesting enough. I also liked that moment toward the end, when we learn how long he's known Judd Hirsch's character. I think Gruffudd's a talented guy.
I loved that they made JH's character Henry's son so touching and it's definitely an interesting relationship, especially given Henry's predicament.

Ioan Gruffudd is insanely talented. There's been some material I've seen of him where he just absolutely blows me away with his acting range. I really hope this show lets him spread his wings and really show what he can do.

my tumblr|| Jess

Last edited by Fated 4 FayLee; 10-05-2014 at 04:04 AM
Old 10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone just catching up on my shows today.

Greys - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't hate Maggie.

Chicago Fire - Taylor Kinney is fricking breaking my heart.

Chicago PD - This episode wasn't my favourite, next week looks a lot better. The best part about it for me was Erin's scenes with Voight, Jay and her mother. As was said above, she shows great restraint playing Erin and she rarely lets people see her emotions. Her anger at Voight was the exception given how close they are.

Next week looks a lot better. Very Jay centric which is great. We're only two episodes in so I'm hoping Ruzek, Alvin, Atwater, Antonio and the others will get more focus as we go on.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

Love the new OP. Thanks James!

Reign:
Lola makes me want to punch a wall. Seriously, it's rare that a young mom makes me feel very little sympathy for her. She keeps saying she wants to be independent and cart her kid off with her but she really hurt Francis by not telling him the truth. Then she's like "oh yeah, the baby survived" as soon as Francis walks in the door as if he hadn't been riding through the plague-filled woods to find HER and their kid. How about being thankful he's gone to that trouble? Because he didn't have to go! When they slept together, it didn't bother me that much due to the circumstances last season but she's just a cold fish that I hate thinking that they were ever intimate.
No Frary. Sigh. But it's great to see Mary come into her own, and make some hard decisions as queen. This is her story at the end of the day.
Benna...still adorbs but poor Pasqual.
Greer kinda saved Leith. Romantic but tragic. I'm still really scared for these two. I don't think their heads are in the right place. It reminds me of s3 pre-cheating Navianna...ahhhh!
Solid premiere but CW ON Demand doesn't have promos. Gotta go looking for it.

I still need to check out Forever and How To Get Away. I usually watch comedies and reality shows first, and then dramas, usually because reality shows are live.

Anybody watching Sleepy Hollow this year?

icon
Old 10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Love the new OP. Thanks James!
No problem. But I'll be leaving it to someone else next time.

Quote:
Reign:
Lola makes me want to punch a wall. Seriously, it's rare that a young mom makes me feel very little sympathy for her. She keeps saying she wants to be independent and cart her kid off with her but she really hurt Francis by not telling him the truth. Then she's like "oh yeah, the baby survived" as soon as Francis walks in the door as if he hadn't been riding through the plague-filled woods to find HER and their kid. How about being thankful he's gone to that trouble? Because he didn't have to go! When they slept together, it didn't bother me that much due to the circumstances last season but she's just a cold fish that I hate thinking that they were ever intimate.
You're mean, May.

Anyway, as a first-time viewer, I don't know the whole story, but I sympathized with Lola. Maybe she was made to look like the "little guy" compared to the big, powerful royals who have each other -- especially after Francis said that he could do whatever he pleased with the baby, or something to that effect. But again, I'm new to the show, so I don't know her full story.

Quote:
Yeah, same here. I really don't like what she pulled with Jack's son.
What bothers me most is the way she's treating Emily. I'm pretty sure that most people who get angry at their loved ones feel torn between the two emotions. Charlotte's just being written like a brat toward Emily, plain and simple.

I know that the writers probably have something planned, but I want all this forced tension to end once and for all.

I heard that Elizabeth Mitchell was supposed to be on Once Upon A Time. Don't know if she debuted yet.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Chicago PD - This episode wasn't my favourite, next week looks a lot better. The best part about it for me was Erin's scenes with Voight, Jay and her mother. As was said above, she shows great restraint playing Erin and she rarely lets people see her emotions. Her anger at Voight was the exception given how close they are.
I felt so bad for Lindsay when she found out that the only reason her mom reached out to her was to save face with her new fiance. I may be in the minority here but the Voight/Lindsay dynamic is one of my favorite relationships on the show so I always love to see them interact and I thought her scenes with Halstead towards the end were adorable..Ya know, before they started getting shot at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Next week looks a lot better. Very Jay centric which is great. We're only two episodes in so I'm hoping Ruzek, Alvin, Atwater, Antonio and the others will get more focus as we go on.
I agree, next week looks amazing. I love Antonio and Alvin so I really hope to see more of them this season. Actually, there's very few characters on this show I dislike, which is great

Quote:

Reign:
Well as you know, I've pretty much always loathed Lola but she just keeps getting worse and worse for me. The fact that she shows no remorse for deceiving Francis and pretty much acts like he has no right to his own child. Loved how Francis put Lola in her place toward the end though with that "I'm the king, this child is whoever I say he is" line

I hated that they slept together to begin with, not because of the actual act but because as I've said before, I feel Lola was taking advantage of broken-hearted Francis. Not cool

Quote:
No Frary. Sigh. But it's great to see Mary come into her own, and make some hard decisions as queen. This is her story at the end of the day.
Yeah, I kinda figured we wouldn't be getting any Frary on the premiere, with them being in different locations and all but still..sucks

Definitely loved seeing Mary in queen action though and omg when she told Catherine to grant her queen silence

Quote:
Benna...still adorbs but poor Pasqual.
That was really sad but oh my shipper heart when Bash finally found Kenna I just melted.

Quote:
Greer kinda saved Leith. Romantic but tragic. I'm still really scared for these two. I don't think their heads are in the right place. It reminds me of s3 pre-cheating Navianna...ahhhh!
Yeah, I'm really worried for where things are going with Greer/Leith. Such a tortured love story poor bbs

Quote:
I still need to check out Forever and How To Get Away. I usually watch comedies and reality shows first, and then dramas, usually because reality shows are live.
I think How To is much more of a drama than Forever because Forever has just as much comedy as drama/action in it which is nice because I watch so many heavy shows that it's nice to have a more light-hearted show in there to balance it out. In terms of dramas though, How To is simply phenomenal. It's one of the very few shows that can actually surprise me where I don't see things coming all the time I would highly recommend checking out both shows when you get a chance

Quote:

What bothers me most is the way she's treating Emily. I'm pretty sure that most people who get angry at their loved ones feel torn between the two emotions. Charlotte's just being written like a brat toward Emily, plain and simple.
Oh yeah, I don't like that at all either. I can certainly understand her being upset with Emily but it's like she's just completely written her off and you can tell that Emily is genuinely torn up about it and wants to make things right. I know Ems has done some pretty messed up stuff but I can't help sympathizing with her for where everything she's done has come from. When Victoria asked her what she wanted and Emily said "I want my childhood back" my heart just broke for her I hope when Charlotte learns the truth, she'll be able to find a way to understand.

my tumblr|| Jess

Last edited by Fated 4 FayLee; 10-05-2014 at 03:30 PM
Old 10-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Tftnt!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 10-06-2014, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

Watched the WOEE finale tonight. One word - EPIC.

my tumblr|| Jess
Old 10-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

James, I used to defend Lola in the earlier parts of season 1, but with this baby SL, I just can't anymore. Every time I want to give her a chance, and I was prepared to since this was a brand new season, she just gives me another reason to dislike her.

Quote:
Well as you know, I've pretty much always loathed Lola but she just keeps getting worse and worse for me. The fact that she shows no remorse for deceiving Francis and pretty much acts like he has no right to his own child. Loved how Francis put Lola in her place toward the end though with that "I'm the king, this child is whoever I say he is" line

I hated that they slept together to begin with, not because of the actual act but because as I've said before, I feel Lola was taking advantage of broken-hearted Francis. Not cool
Yes, Francis' line was everything. He's always supported Lola having her freedom, but she's thought little of his needs. I mean, there's a reason she wound up in a farmhouse in the middle of the plague. She doesn't think ahead. Francis is far from perfect but he cares about people's feelings, and that's why he'll make a great king.

Quote:
That was really sad but oh my shipper heart when Bash finally found Kenna I just melted.
So swoonworthy. Mash was never in the same league.

Quote:
I think How To is much more of a drama than Forever because Forever has just as much comedy as drama/action in it which is nice because I watch so many heavy shows that it's nice to have a more light-hearted show in there to balance it out. In terms of dramas though, How To is simply phenomenal. It's one of the very few shows that can actually surprise me where I don't see things coming all the time I would highly recommend checking out both shows when you get a chance
I'll try to watch then. I like the casts in both, and I like shows that offer fresh plots.

Once:
Spoiler:

icon