Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Biggest waste of storyline potential: Naomis rape aftermath.
I thought they did well with it at first.. but then when Naomi had sex with Max with ZERO problems, wtf was that?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Not everyone has to have issues having sex after an attack though - I think with time constraints, they couldn't show every single avenue
Old 05-28-2011, 04:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Biggest waste of storyline potential: Naomis rape aftermath.

Avi : Twitter @jochibarrios207
Old 05-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
I'm happy to take anything they give us because I love all the nuances of Naomi's/AnnaLynne's performance.
soooo true. if anything was the saving grace this season for me, it's that it was a showcase for AL. she really got to show her range. her rape storyline was powerful and ultimately vindicating, then Max brought out both her comedic and romantic side. all the different shades of Naomi were lovely to see. i really felt like i saw Naomi's vulnerability and humanity, at the same time as her strength, through all of it. AL totally took the season's lemons and made lemonade.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
Not everyone has to have issues having sex after an attack though - I think with time constraints, they couldn't show every single avenue
From what I hear most people do though, and if a t.v show is going to be taking on something this big, I feel like they should go through all the repercussions because this is a show that teens and young adults watch, thus they have to be careful with how they portray certain things. Stealing boyfriends and having sex is one thing, it high school, but rape is a completely different ball park.

*Killing a man and switching people's pills also should have been handled way differently.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

The Bad:

1. Least Favourite Character: Navid - he's judgemental, hypocritical and major a-hole in my opinion. His relattionhsip with Silver has capitalised on his worst traits and made him unbearable.
2. Least Favourite Couple: Navid/Silver because they are horrendous, Debbie/Ryan because I can't stand Debbie.
3. Least Favourite Friendship: Annie/Naomi - it's the fakest friendship on the show imo. There's no way these girls would be friends after everything that's gone on with them. Watching the show try to pretend it never happened and have them act like besties is painful for me to watch. I don't buy their scenes at all.
4. Least Favourite Storyline Arc: The Silver/Navid/Adrianna triangle of doom, the Annie/Liam/Charlie triangle of idiots.
5. Least Favourite Episode: I suppose the finale... because it was awful.
6. Least Favourite Guest Star: Harper I guess...

7. Least Sexiest Moment: Oscar and Laurel hooking up was disgusting.

8. Most unintentionally funniest moment (aka it was probably supposed to be serious but it was just so ridiculous that you couldn't help but laugh): When Teddy drove the guys home and stoned and they completely freaked out and said he could have gotten them killed. Pure over dramatic, old school 90210 gold . When Annie found Marla dead she did this really weird cry face and then ran into Marla's room which made me snigger. Adrianna in the finale on the cliff. Naomi telling Max she was pregnant.
9. Most Eyerolling Moment: Silver and Navid judging Adrianna at any stage during the season - like they have any right. Also, their hypocritical rants to her about what an awful human being she was etc - while she deserved the rants they should have been delivered by someone who wasn't a moral joke. Also, Silver having sex with Navid in a tent four seconds after Adrianna confides about her baby sadness.
10. Biggest Disappointment: Silver in general.
11. Biggest waste of storyline potential: Naomi/Oscar, Liam and Dixon in general were wasted.
12. Biggest WTF! Moment (and not in a good way): Naomi being pregnant.

13. Most pointless Character: Debbie Wilson and Ryan Mathews.
14. Most pointless Couple: Debbie Wilson and Ryan Mathews.
15. Most pointless Guest Star: Too many to choose from...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
The Bad:
(...)
9. Most Eyerolling Moment: Silver and Navid judging Adrianna at any stage during the season - like they have any right. Also, their hypocritical rants to her about what an awful human being she was etc - while she deserved the rants they should have been delivered by someone who wasn't a moral joke. Also, Silver having sex with Navid in a tent four seconds after Adrianna confides about her baby sadness.
(...)
Aaahh... I totally agree.

Even if, more than eyerolling, for me it was kind of a moment.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
1. Least Favourite Character: Navid - he's judgemental, hypocritical and major a-hole in my opinion.
You're funny, Chas.

Quote:
3. Least Favourite Friendship: Annie/Naomi - it's the fakest friendship on the show imo. There's no way these girls would be friends after everything that's gone on with them. Watching the show try to pretend it never happened and have them act like besties is painful for me to watch. I don't buy their scenes at all.
I've always agreed with this, and probably always will. Naomi made out with Jason, humiliated Annie in front of the party, and sent a naked picture out for the whole school to see. But one hug and a little sympathy, and suddenly all is forgiven? Right.

Quote:
10. Biggest Disappointment: Silver in general.
When the show started, I actually thought that Erin Silver was at least as interesting as Naomi was back then. And being a fan of the original, I wanted to root for this character. Now, though...

I don't know all the details of the triangle, but she's been kind of dull to me ever since the midway point of S1 (which also goes for the show in general). She started out as this edgy, fascinating character with traces of a sensitive side. Now she's just another one of the girls. I liked her when she stood out.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've always agreed with this, and probably always will. Naomi made out with Jason, humiliated Annie in front of the party, and sent a naked picture out for the whole school to see. But one hug and a little sympathy, and suddenly all is forgiven? Right.
I won't defend the sext because that was awful but I hardly see Annie as Miss Innocent in their sham of a friendship. She's given just as much as she's gotten but it's a whole other debate I don't even want to get into.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

If Annie wasnt the outcast in S2 followed by Naomi being the outcast for a brief min, it wouldve been harder for those two to be reasonably friends. But Annie basically was all forgive and forget after her fiasco and just wanted the drama to end.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah I get why they've made up and I'd rather them be civil then fighting but I just hate and of their bff scenes.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wanting the drama to end is one thing, but wanting to be friends with the person who put her through a good deal of it? Not very believable, at least not IMO.

The 'friendship' basically exists because the show wants it there for some reason (as though the female leads have to be friends), but I find it dull and unrealistic. I'd rather see Annie bond with Silver or Adrianna.

I do like them both individually, though. My opinion of Annie has actually risen this season, partly because I've found her amusing. I think she's much better suited to comedy than Naomi.

I'm hoping the new producer will keep Naomi mostly dramatic, allowing her layers to come out, and continue making Annie humourous and romantic (via Lannie).
Old 05-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah Annie sort of reminds me of Donna Martin at times. I agree that the show wants the relationship there for reasons beyond me. It's just awful. I don't particularly buy Annie being friends with any of the girls at this point so I'm quite happy for them to keep her only in scenes with Liam even if it's at the expense of him having any sort of personality or storyline.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

From what I gather, several critics preferred Naomi early on, and also felt that she made for a better 'lead'. Similar situation on Gossip Girl, I believe.

I don't know when shows are going to realise that the anti-heroine really does make for a more interesting lead, because that's the girl who generally has the most growing to do.

Perhaps the producers figured that keeping Annie around Naomi in S2 would help to benefit Annie somehow. If so, that didn't work IMO.

Frankly, it wasn't until Annie began bonding with Liam that I personally began to take interest in her character. This is similar to how Dylan played a big part in Brenda's development and popularity in the original show.

And yeah, Annie has shades of both Donna and Brenda. Personally, I like her a bit more than either of them.

As for Liam, I think he had some sort of story with his half-brother (I wasn't really paying attention), but I know that was partly related to Annie.

I used to complain that Navid basically had no life outside of Adrianna -- which was quite true -- so I hope that doesn't happen to Liam.

I think Annie should at least be a part of almost any story line that comes his way, but not the lone cause of it. For now, I'm satisfied as long as I find him likable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamsodaqueen (View Post)
From what I hear most people do though, and if a t.v show is going to be taking on something this big, I feel like they should go through all the repercussions because this is a show that teens and young adults watch, thus they have to be careful with how they portray certain things.
I agree.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Following Chas

The Bad:

1. Least Favourite Character: Annie. Not that I dislike her any longer and I find some of her scenes enjoyable but out of the cast, she's definitely the one I don't find as interesting.
2. Least Favourite Couple: Anything with Laurel - seeing her make out with people turns my stomach. I'm cringing just thinking about it.
3. Least Favourite Friendship: I don't have one.
4. Least Favourite Storyline Arc: Annie selling her eggs which went nowhere and last three seconds. Dixie riding around in a car with Snoop Dog wasn't enjoyable either - can that be called a storyline? It was probably his only one, so I guess so.
5. Least Favourite Episode: The episode before Prom I found slightly boring.
6. Least Favourite Guest Star: Snoop Dog.
7. Least Sexiest Moment: Once again, anything including Laurel.
8. Most unintentionally funniest moment (aka it was probably supposed to be serious but it was just so ridiculous that you couldn't help but laugh): Liam telling Annie he wanted to be a fisherman. Liam and his brother playing ping-pong.
9. Most Eyerolling Moment: Anytime Navid decided cheating was fine because Adrianna was being slightly self-absorbed.
10. Biggest Disappointment: The handling of the pill-swapping end. Javier? Really?
11. Biggest waste of storyline potential: Navid/Adrianna/Silver. It could have been interesting, instead it ended up with Silver and Navid looking like bitches and Adrianna like a psycho.
12. Biggest WTF! Moment (and not in a good way): Liam leaving on a jet place fishing boat.
13. Most pointless Character: Ryan. Watching him get it on with Debbie was not the best way to spend time.
14. Most pointless Couple: Ryan/Debbie - nearly as bad as Laurel/anybody.
15. Most pointless Guest Star: Snoop Dog.