Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
On a slight sidenote, it's funny that Desperate Housewives will be using the same laptop that Silver was using in this episode. They must want to advertise it badly.
I don't even notice things like - unless it's like the Dr. Pepper bottles and they're in every. single. scene
Old 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
I think any boy auction is going to draw comparisons to OTH - but I think that's a good thing, seeing as I loved early OTH and if this show can replicate it in the slightest, I'll be happy
THIS!

Can someone please tell me what happened to Liam, because I do not recognise this guy at all, he's the dullest person ever now.

So far Annalynne is still amazing in her storyline, I want them to explore it like a long time thing. But knowing 90210, it will be like "okay so girls know, we'll take Cannon down together and we'll never go back to this". It would suck, because things like that don't just go away. Like Annie freaking kill a human being but we should be sorry for her because she hit and run and it haunted her for a whole year, poor baby.

I also don't understand what happened to Ade, I know that this girl is drama and trouble but the writing for her is horrible, Jessica Lowndes is better than this, in fact I think she's the best actress in the show and writers are wasting her talent, in my opinion.
Alex; icon: summerlove_80
Old 09-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)
I don't even notice things like - unless it's like the Dr. Pepper bottles and they're in every. single. scene
lol I remember when Dr.Pepper had more scenes than Navid...and usually I wouldnt notice things like the labtop except this one is just so...outthere in its look. It looks like a big purple flower on it.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Why would she take Cassandra's word? That makes no sense to me. Again, rushed and convenient. Whatever works, I guess.
Have to agree with Mayberry. It was established in 3x02 that the show will use OOC writing when it's convenient for the plot (hence Liam's decision to be secretive with Annie, and downright idiotic). That said, a desperate Naomi might do something questionable...perhaps they could have simply written it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlette318 (View Post)
again Naomi is superficial, she's written as the type that takes more time matching outfit w/ her cellphone color, or picking out a dress for the mood than to go to a pharmacy and get some over the counter pills.
Come on...I can't imagine anyone who knows the character well could call Naomi superficial.

They may write her as the silly stereotype at times, but it was established as early as the pilot that she's more than what she appears to be on the surface. She's not an airhead, she's someone who thinks.

Not surprised at all that Navid was absent, especially if he didn't have Adrianna's lap to crawl on. He remains my least favourite half-character.

To my surprise, I've enjoyed the Annie story line. They picked the right actress to play her boss. Those two have an amusing little chemistry.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Another awesome episode. I'm enjoying the majority of the characters and storylines at the moment which is definetly a step up from the ****eous S2.

The Naomi/Silver/Cannon arc has been great. I'm thankful that Silver figured it out although I'm a little surprised she didn't find the way he was acting with her a tad inappropriate. Especially when you consider how she jumped on Ryan for his alleged affair with a teenager in S1. I'm glad she found Naomi although I don't want the storyline to be over yet. I've really enjoyed it and while I'm glad that it hasn't dragged out a la hit and run style, I'll be pissed if it just becomes a silly bringing down Cannon storyline.

I think this episode really exposed how far Naomi has fallen. Her attitude to the future in that capsule video was so negative, it was completely unNaomi and I'm glad that Silver seemed to acknowledge it. I'm not surprised that she took the sleeping pills off Cassandra. While it's not something she would normally do, I think it's clear at this point that she's not herself at all. I think that she had just become so desperate at that point that she would have done anything to make the flasbacks go away. Even watching those flashbacks is awful. AL has rocked this storyline.

I'm really fond of Ivy this season. I even had a flicker of interest in her and Dixon tonight after their car scene. I think if they'd had that scene before the I love you's were exchanged then I wouldn't have thought that they were rushed and I would enjoy them a lot more. Ivy looked adorable in this episode. I never thought that I would see the day where she grew on me but here it is and I've really become a fan. While I do think Dixon overreacted about the virginity thing, I think he was more annoyed that she had told Oscar something that personal and not him.

I'm diggin Oscar. I know it's probably unpopular but if it wasn't for the terrible accent I'd definetly want him around for keeps. I'm even interested in the Laurel/his dad stuff.

So Teddy's gay? I'm loving the guy he hooked up with . I'm kind of intrigued with where this storyline goes. As I've already said, I like Teddy this season and if he has a storyline which will seperate him from Silver then I'm all for it .

As for the parts I didn't like:

Adrianna may as well leave at this point because this storyline sucks. It's not even the fact that she stole the songs that bothers me, it's that she has no remorse. Even at the end she was just crapping herself over being caught. That and the fact that she storyline is incredibly boring

Annie and the eggs? Seriously? All in all, I think the storyline was just put in for a bit of lightheartedness but the constant Annie propping done by the couple brought me straight back to S1 where she was forever being told how awesome she was and I don't want to go back their again. That and I think asking a 17 year old for her eggs is a joke .

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I'll be pissed if it just becomes a silly bringing down Cannon storyline.
I have a bad feeling that it's going to. I would rather have Naomi hire someone to beat the crap out of Cannon with a baseball bat than have the girls come up with some hair brained scheme to catch Cannon confessing.

Quote:
Adrianna may as well leave at this point because this storyline sucks. It's not even the fact that she stole the songs that bothers me, it's that she has no remorse. Even at the end she was just crapping herself over being caught. That and the fact that she storyline is incredibly boring.
This storyline makes so little sense. They are actually tying to make us feel like Adrianna is the victim and make it seem like she deserves the dead man's song book or something because he was mean to her. Javier might have been a jerk to her, but he is also solely responsible for her singing career. The only reason he used that song she wrote or brought her on tour with him was because he thought she was hot. They have told us time and time again how bad of a song writer she is. Big deal that he was dropping her from his tour, he had already given her the opportunity of a life time. Now Javier's uncle is probably going to do the whole blackmail her into letting him be her new manager thing. If any storyline is going to go on all season it is going to be this one. Adrianna doesn't even go to West Bev anymore and her boyfriend has gone missing, so there really is nothing else for the character to do.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think the key this season has been switching the serious stuff over to Naomi and the comedic stuff over to Annie.

Naomi thrives in the more serious situations (like early S1) because those reveal more of her layers. Annie was intended from the start to be charming, which makes her the more humourous one. Besides that, Shenae seems to be pretty good at the comedy thing.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I also don't understand what happened to Ade, I know that this girl is drama and trouble but the writing for her is horrible, Jessica Lowndes is better than this, in fact I think she's the best actress in the show and writers are wasting her talent, in my opinion.
They've made her a boring, slightly ridiculous air head and it's grating. Rewatch S1 Ade and S3 Ade and you wouldn't think they were the same person. The more girly her clothes become, the weaker her character becomes. Stealing Javier's music is hopeless. Who wants to watch that for a whole season?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

couldn't agree with you guys more, lol. she has made a complete 180 and i guess in the sense of drug abuse, it's a good thing, but character/personality wise? not so much.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she couldn't have been a drug addict for every season - but even when she wasn't, she had other things to contend with. Ade does well with drama. Why don't they bring her mom back and at least show the reasoning behind Ade's stealing madness as a way to support her family, rather than as a fame hungry wannabe?
Old 08-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Weirdly I don't have a lot to say about this episode, a lot of the drama was pretty boring. including the dixon/ivy/oscar stuff, the annie/boss stuff (why ask a girl to give you their eggs after like a week?) and the ade/javier stuff. zzzzzz.

the best parts of the episode were the canon stuff, (What a creepo!) he's really starting to show his true colors. and the teddy stuff. i love that he hooked up with a guy. best thing for that character ever. also loved the ending with naomi.

couldnt adrianna just say that javier gave her the notebook and told her he wanted to help her career because he loved her? i mean, they were dating for a while. lol.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Elite Fan

Why would a couple ask a 17 year old kid for her eggs... especially one on probation .

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 08-22-2015, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

well she did say annie seemed desperate enough to do it
Old 08-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Elite Fan

Still though it's like of all nutty things to ask

My Tumblr
My Twitter