Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2011, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

Has Annie lost all dignity and her self respect?! I can't believe this.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by othgirl8706 (View Post)
Has Annie lost all dignity and her self respect?! I can't believe this.
She's only doing it for Dixon.

I knew I hated Patrick for a reason.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Has Annie lost all dignity and her self respect?!
No, she's losing it next week

Honestly, if Annie becomes a prostitute I'm done with the show. I only watch it for L/A and if she does it I will lose all the respect I have left for the character. She could have asked Naomi/Liam/her grandmother/Ivy's mum for a loan and they would have given it to her but she choses to become a 21th century courtesan!!!!! They will try to spin it like it isn't that bad if she was dating him before and they have dates, etc. But it'll be prostitution: you know it, I know it and Alexander Dumas Jr. would know it. Prostitution is a BIG DEAL and should only be done if the person is REALLY desperate, not if you have a bunch of rich friends and absent parents who should be taking care of Dixon's problem. In this kind of economy I don't think it's smart to have the supposed good girl of a tv show sell her self for some thousands, just thinks of how many 12 years old are watching this show. What kind of message are you sending? That it's OK to prostitute youself the moment you find financial problems? Cause that's what Annie is doing.

I really hope that the promo is misleading and in the end she doesn't do it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Icon by onebrightmoment

Last edited by kutu; 11-09-2011 at 04:18 AM
Old 11-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

i cant hate annie... i mean, yeah, its wrong to do that, but she saw patrick cheating on her! i would do the same damn thing. hes shelling out money, may as well take advantage of that to help her brother. hes a crap guy anyway for cheating on her.

i think i would feel different if they were random guys, but this one WAS/IS her boyfriend, the one that cheated on her... so yeah, dont feel bad for him.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Annie could have gone to anyone for money! She could tell her parents, tell her friends something other than being a prostitute. Thats just sickening to me. It doesnt matter that the guy is her boyfriend.

I hope the promo is misleading to and she thinks about the reality of what she is doing and backs out.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
i cant hate annie... i mean, yeah, its wrong to do that, but she saw patrick cheating on her! i would do the same damn thing. hes shelling out money, may as well take advantage of that to help her brother. hes a crap guy anyway for cheating on her.
But she'll be sleeping with him for his money, something she wouldn't be doing (now that she's catched him cheating) if he wasn't rich and willing to sign a 10 thousand dollars check. That's degrading and humilliating, and can only be called prostitution.

Quote:
Annie could have gone to anyone for money! She could tell her parents, tell her friends something other than being a prostitute. Thats just sickening to me. It doesnt matter that the guy is her boyfriend.
Word.

She was going to dump him untill she found she'd be needing the money for Dixon's rehab. She's only staying cause of the money he'll be giving her.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 11-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It honestly doesn't bother me as much as it should because you can't take 90210 seriously. They take on these serious topics and they have no idea what to do with them, ie. killing someone, being raped, switching someones meds.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Passionate Fan

it doesn't bother me either... She always does weird things for money. For example, when she was going to sell her eggs for money... I just hope it gets written well and what not..

Damon♥Elena l Liam♥Annie l Caroline♥Tyler l Jackson♥April l Sheldon♥Amy l Jess♥Nick
Old 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
It honestly doesn't bother me as much as it should because you can't take 90210 seriously.
I think people should care about media making prostitution look trivial. Had Annie lacked any other option I woulnd't be mad, but this girl has TONS of other options yet she choses to prostitute herself to make some quick money.

The fact that a network is willing to air an episode of a show oriented to preteens and teens where the good girl (with all that comes with it) does such thing only to have a storyline that won't really go anywhere (Dixon could get the money from other sources and it won't explore the big consecuences that prostitution has on people) should be an indication that something has to change in media. Just cause this show is no "War and Peace" doesn't mean that it has to help the current trend to trivialize woman's sexual explotation. Even Reese Witherspoon made a speach about how ten years ago you din't have to leak nude pics or sex tapes to get a career, just work hard. Little girls nowadays get the message that it's better to sexually exlpoit yourself to get fast succes than to be one of those stupid women who have to work to get results, now 90210 is going to be part of that message.

BTW, the promo is up on the CW's youtube channel and the reaction isn't pretty

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not saying it's okay in any way, I'm just saying that this isn't the first time that 90210 has portrayed serious issues HORRIBLY, so I'm really not surprised. At all. These writers clearly don't give a crap about what kind of message they are sending to their audience, they never have.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to this Annie/Patrick thing next week/however long it goes on. I mean, I get why she's doing it, but doing something like that for the right reasons doesn't make doing it ok in any way. I feel like they're corrupting her character and what she used to stand for.

And really, wouldn't this have been a perfect opportunity for her to go to Liam? He's Dixon's best friend and her ex, but it's not as if they aren't on semi-decent terms. I'm just not ok with this.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I'm not saying it's okay in any way, I'm just saying that this isn't the first time that 90210 has portrayed serious issues HORRIBLY, so I'm really not surprised. At all. These writers clearly don't give a crap about what kind of message they are sending to their audience, they never have.
But now they are risking to lose a chunk of audience, like Androthiel said many of us liked Annie because she was the nice, normal girl. And for many people the prostitution is gonna be hard to digest, it's still something very controversial and something people doesn't want to see their favourite characters doing.

I really believe that GG has lost many fans thanks to the character assesination of Chuck and all the horrible things they did with Chair; 90210's writers should have learnt from them that you can't ruin characters for stupid plots if you want viewers to stay around. And Ade doesn't count because she's a supporting character and most viewers never cared for her they way they care for Annie and Naomi.

I really wish Rebecca was back in charge, in just 9 episodes these writers have ruined most thing I liked about the show.

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You could say the same about a lot of things that have happened on this show so far already. They've ruined pretty much every character in my opinion.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, right now Annie is the only reason I watch 90210 (as you said they're ruined everything and everyone, except maybe Naomi... when she's far away from midnight cowboy) and after next week she'll be ruined for me too

Icon by onebrightmoment
Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They've ruined Naomi too imo, they constantly backtrack with her character over and over and over again.

You kinda just have to watch this show with your brain off now.