Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Passionate Fan

8.8: "Are We There Yet?" (Original airdate 08/18/2013)

""Are We There Yet?""

Season 8, Episode 8

Episode 8 Sneak Peeks:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Last edited by Jazzed; 08-18-2013 at 02:32 AM
Old 08-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Passionate Fan

So, what's in store for episode 8?

Looks like Dex is setting his eye on killing Zach - he's not being lenient towards his 'mistakes' for the first effort and seems to want to find proof to kill him after all??

Also, looks like another rift is opening between Deb and Dex due to Hannah. Dexter clearly still has feelings for her (or is it just recognition?) and wants her to be free - but I doubt Deb will ever accept that - if he does do that in the end, I think it would be hard if not impossible for Deb to forgive him for it..

Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

happy Debster moments...with hope! this season has been going by to fast! I'll miss the show so much! all I want is to see Rudy Cooper again! Crime Scene! We all know it was Zach! ugh...I hate you Hannah! The boyfriend? he is kind of suspicious! ugh...Jamie and Quinn enough is enough! Deb! Debster! Deb needs to come back!! I've had more than enough of you Hannah! she disgusts me! he will never care for her...only Deb! of course its Zach's blood! Vince's creepy daughter! Sage doesn't work you idiot! ugh Quinn! you are sergeant Quinn...sergeant of the creepy idiots! ugh Vogel! oh Zach that is a mistake! Debster! they are so used to it...that's how they do it! Deb needs to kill Hannah! "our lives" i totally agree!! she needs to be in prison or killed! I do feel bad for Jaime. ugh...who would want to live with Quinn? throw her off the boat Dexter! Dexter..honey...don't fall for her again! she's evil! Deb telling her creeper boss about Hannah! my baby! don't be mean to Harrison Quinn you idiot! Dexter and Deb on the phone...she knows where he is! shut up Hannah...no one likes you! Hannah you are really an idiot! you don't need her Dexter! you need Deb! and Harrison! Deb is going to The Keys! ugh....kill her Dexter! ugh...enough already! he doesn't want you! police are there!! kill room? kind of.....not really! ugh Harry. Quinn interviewing the boyfriend! Nikki is just useless! Can he killer her yet? Dexter confronting Zach! he didn't kill Cassie? what? Zach's hunting this Shawn guy? he's in the trunk you are bad at being a killer Zach! wow...he's horrible! "do not "dude" me" Deb in the room!! omg! oh shut up Hannah! oh shut up Harry! "Now I have Harrison" she doesn't love him! Deb loves him! Deb needs him!! Dexter seeing Deb! Zach ships Debster someone kill Hannah please! poison her please! Dexter needs Deb! always! looking at pictures. my baby Harrison! Angel is so cute with Harrison! I hate her boss! he's a jerk! Deb needs to go back to Miami Metro! leave forever Hannah! leave and never come back Hannah! oh I'm disgusted! I'm so disgusted right now...last freaking season and you ruin it by having them back together? ugh...why? Zach is there? omg!!! Zach is dead? what? what? what? go back to who you really are Deb! why? she has to go! pretty good episode....but i wish there was more action!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-19-2013, 09:01 AM
New Fan

come on cassie's boyfriend had to kill her. as masuka said there was no break in she knew the killer. weirder thing did Quinn fix the door handle to get blood from Zach
to plant evidence but he didn't say anything to dexter about it. so maybe the boyfriend planted the evidence and- spoiler alert -he is the brain surgeon and wanted Zach arrested but when that didn't happen he killed Zach and put him Dexter's apartment plus he lied to Quinn about the picture because he saw him with dexter when they were going to the beach. man how differently would that go if he told Quinn "yeah, I saw him with dexter."

Last edited by jerky7596; 08-19-2013 at 11:09 AM
Old 08-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that episode was nothing but shipper's paradise!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok Hannah is very beautifull but i don't get this "big love" and i don't see it either.The best part of the episode was when Dexter found Zach dead.

Last edited by huddy88; 08-20-2013 at 11:14 AM
Old 08-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree...the best part was when he found Zach dead...but i was kinda bummed that happened.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

me too, I liked Zach and had big plans for him in my mind.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

he had to many problems...and Dexter had way to much on his plate already...
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Well, another throw away soap opera episode for me, but it looks like things are going to improve a little next week.

Dexter's obsession with Hannah is bordering on the creepy. It's always felt so forced and rushed, so all of that is just lost on me. The stupid "The blood made me think of you" line was beyond moronic. I guess I don't need my serial killers to find someone to hump every episode. Call me strange.

Remember when "Dexter" was about a super-sleek serial killer who was a total badass? Me, either.

I won't miss Zack. It was a bit disturbing to see him with his head cut open, though.

Glad to see Deb going back to Homicide. Her boss obviously isn't going to let the Hannah thing go. Considering Dexter is glued to her face, this could be problematic.

The scene in the motel room where everyone is standing and awkwardly staring reinforced the point that way the hell to many people know about Dexter.

The dinner scene was....bizarre. I guess we were supposed to see them as some kind of warped family. I definitely got the warped part, so maybe they succeeded.

Dexter is the most absentee father-who-has-full-custody in the history of ever. Really? He doesn't spend a single moment with his son if he's working? It's unbelievable enough if that were even the case, but he never works. He's either with Hannah or Deb or Zack or Vogel. Maybe its for the best; having a serial killer dad isn't exactly ideal. It just reminds me of every other show that goes "whoopsie!" when they realize they have to weave a child into the show. It always ends up being sloppy and you wonder where the kid is most of the time and realize tv characters make atrocious parents.

Cassie's (I finally got her name tacked down; yay, me) boyfriend is obviously the killer. He wouldn't be around otherwise. I'm not sure why he wanted to kill/frame Zack other than him being the brain surgeon, but that's obvious at this point, too.

At least they cut back on the crap with Masuka's daughter. Though the crap we did get this week was even more pointless than the rest. Again, though, it was brief and didn't get in the way much.

I guess my problem is that I don't want things to end the way they are headed. Redemption and reform was never my desired outcome for the character. It looks like they're trying to kill the Dark Passenger (and really have...Dexter hasn't had a drive to kill in a long time). To me, that was always the essence of the show. That need to kill. Without that, I don't know what it is that I'm watching.

Anyway, at least there seems to be some action next week, even if the show is hollowed out at this point.

Icon by Court
Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't get the whole Hannah/Dexter thing tbh. They really have zero chemistry with eachother, I just don't see it at all. This whole episode is wasted on this romance.

Jamie should just adopt Harrison, he should be calling her mum by now with the amount of time she spends with him

Are Deb and Dexter going to be at odds again? She knew nothing about what he was doing with Zach, let alone about him lying to her about Hannah.

So are we to assume the brain surgeon is Cassie's boyfriend and he set up Zach so Dexter would kill him? Though when he saw his plan failed, he killed him letting both Dex and Vogel know he was still out there? A lot of people guessed the brain surgeon was still alive, so iy wasn't a big surprise to find out he was.

Masuka and his daughter, why is this even in this season? C.S Lee must have been looking at his scripts being happy he's doing more, then wondering why any of this was even added, is there going to be a twist somewhere?

I just think Hannah's return has been really weak. Even Deb walked away from it in the end to allow Dex to deal with it.

This season has gone downhill fast and with only a handful of episodes to go, they'd better pick it up.