Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

8.7: "Dress Code" (Original airdate 08/11/2013)

"Dress Code"

Season 8, Episode 7

Episode 7 Sneak Peeks:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Old 08-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Passionate Fan

So, what's going to happen in this brand new episode of the final series?

Still isn't looking like Dexter's 'protege' has what it takes to deal with a code..
Will he kill again, and if so, who? The friendly neighbour or someone else..? Will he be apprehended, if so does that pose another risk to Dex or will he end up on Dex's table after all??

And what will happen on the Deb-Dex-Hannah front??
Old 08-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I like how they play the creepy dexter music when he's talking to Zach

I don't think he'll kill Cassie. The previews are so misleading, the fact that it's looking like that will happen, makes me think it won't.

I think Dexter taking on Zach will be his downfall. This is the final season after all and he must play a big part in it.

God I don't know what's gonna happen with Hannah and Deb. No doubt Deb will be seriously pissed after being drugged by her.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

so disgusted that Hannah is back! she deserves to die more than anyone on the show...even more than Quinn! Here I am still hoping we get to see Rudy Cooper this season! never giving up hope! Die Hannah! Dexter? where is he? He's so worried about Deb!! Deb calling Dexter!! He wants her to pick him up! Dexter...honey...kill Hannah! Debster! they really are meant for each other! I want her dead too Deb!! "I want her gone" me 2!! Zach! we all know Quinn is an idiot! Zach will probably kill Cassie...I wouldn't be surprised!! "you might as well be wearing a sign" Deb tracking Hannah! Deb's creeper boss! you don't need him Deb! he's creepy! what a jerk!! she doesn't have to take that!! Dexter seeing Hannah! Dexter's accent ugh...Harry...I didn't miss you! "mine and Debra's both" ugh Jaime and Quinn! enough of those two! Vince's creepy daughter! I don't like her either! Hannah with that guy? gotta love creeper Dexter! shut up Harry...you annoy me! Dexter calling Zach to get him into the club! Dexter saying "ex-girlfriend" was weird! she's not Hannah anymore! she's married to that guy? wow! "you're married to that guy?" her husband knows about Dexter! "I only kill people who deserve me"....my baby Harrison! "what kind of name is Miles anyway" Deb! Deb trying to get Harrison's attention...cute! Deb is the one for Dexter! Dexter was never in love with Hannah! Deb knows the truth!! Harrison asking about Hannah! Vince what a sleazy place! Deb seeing Dr. Vogel. Deb is always concerned about Dexter! Zach at the police station!! he wants to stop the watch!! Quinn you are so stupid...you would have never made sergeant! Angel is so no happy! they need an assistant? Dexter and Zach talking! Hannah's husband! this guy is evil!! no one feels bad for you Hannah! you needed another person to manipulate Hannah! "Debra" Hannah wanted Dexter to kill her husband? well they would be right!! stop throwing yourself a pity party Hannah! ugh Hannah shut up! Dexter don't fall for her!! she's bad! Deb going to track Hannah? "you have no idea who I really am.." truth! Dexter is the same way! Cassie seeing Deb! "Yeah...that would be Dexter!" Deb doesn't like Cassie! Deb doesn't want her to be with Dexter! Nikki doesn't want to work at the station! hiding something? Dexter and Dr. Vogel! Dexter wanting Zach to wait to kill! omg!! Dexter!!!! my honey! omg!! what! stupid Hannah!! stupid Miles!! hate the creeper boss! Zach at Dexter's! what was that all about? oh course Miles knew she was there! Sorry Hannah...you deserve the pain!! of course Dexter is there! of course she killed him...so typical! of course you did Hannah you evil woman! you are an expert Dexter! Give it up Dexter! you don't need her!! "give or take a plastic room and a kill table" Deb seeing them! I will forever hate Dexter/Hannah! crime scene at the apartment? wait...what? Deb should kill Hannah!! I knew it! I knew he was going to kill her!! of course it was Zach!! wow...Intense! great episode!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-11-2013, 08:45 PM
New Fan

what I saw was Hannah used dexter to get rid of the husband she left dexter out in no mans land so he would see the car and find where she was at so he would talk to her in front of the husband so the husband would get jealous maybe she really wanted dexter to kill him but she killed him instead but she knew dexter would come to her in the end. isn't love grand.

the neighbor is a red herring to Zach being the killer. it was -spoiler alert- the boyfriend.
"we were supposed to go out on a date tonight" that was some alligator tears there.
pull the camera back to reveal what he was wearing. who shows up for a date in those clothes. what do they say the killer sometimes likes to be a observer at a crime scene and the boyfriend was and Zach wasn't there taking pictures.

Last edited by jerky7596; 08-11-2013 at 08:54 PM
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Hannah was amazing. Whether her feelings are genuine or not, doesn't hinder the fact that she's such a life artist genious!

Vogel must be happy her killer patients are finally coming to her for advice regularly
Old 08-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Just popping my head in to say hi
Hope y'all enjoyed the episode.. Unfortunately I still haven't gotten round to watching yet (typical Monday )

Hope to join you in the discussion tomorrow
Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

I went from loving this season to hating it over the course of two episodes. What a disappointment! There's no purpose. I feel like the writers don't know what they want to do, so they're just kicking rocks around in the driveway to kill time like a bored little kid. In a show that only has 12 episodes per season and has always had a very intense drive, you can't just go to a one-story-per-episode format. Dexter isn't even a serial killer anymore. I used to love watching the hunt, the method, and kill. Now I feel like I'm watching a soap opera: "Dating Dexter". I was expecting the season to feel like riding a runaway freight train and instead I feel like I'm riding a blind box turtle. Okay, enough similes. On to some real (albeit cynical and frustrated) analysis.

At least two people died and I no longer have to try to remember their names.

I never cared much about Hannah (didn't hate her, didn't love her), so her return is a "meh" for me. Just more reason for Dexter to not kill people or take care of his business. The whole husband storyline was a waste of screen time. Yet again. If they're going to have an implausible return for a character, at least make it brief.

Sick of Zack, never liked him, hope he dies this time, whether he killed neighbor lady or not. Seriously, are we expected to like this kid and want to see him become the new Dexter? He's a tool! An arrogant, spoiled brat that is obsessed with Dexter, not with killing for good.
Sick of Masuka's daughter, didn't want to see her topless, hope she vanishes.
Vogel is pretty pointless right now. Dexter's perfectly capable making stupid decisions on his own without her pushing him into them.
Jamie and Quinn: Go. Away.
Angel has no purpose anymore.

It makes no sense the Hannah is just prancing about Miami free as a bird. For crying out loud, if you're a fugitive, it's probably not a great idea to go back to your old house.

Didn't Dexter buy/rent the apartment next door and expand into it so Harrison would have a room? I guess now we're supposed to forget that and assume that Harrison just lives in another dimension when he isn't sitting in the living room.

Debra: addiction-kicker extraordinaire. I did like that her boss put her in her place a bit (and I'm a huge Deb fan). She had no right to be rude to him. Still no chemistry there, though. Looks like they'll be on the hunt for Hannah, which puts him in harm's way along with Deb who is always in harm's way.

Anyhoo...boring, disappointing. I'll keep watching, but at least with the glacial pacing, plot-holes, crappy characters, and reality suspension, I probably won't be too broken-hearted to see it end. I always have the previous seasons to go back and enjoy.

Side note: Has anyone read the books? I've read the first one, and from what I understand....at least for a while...the writers were using stories from the books to drive the series. I'm sure they did so loosely when they were (the first book is fairly different than the first season, but correlates for the most part), but is any of these season canon within the book series? Did they start getting crowded with characters and side stories? It might explain some of what is going on with the writing now.

Side note 2: I used a lot of parenthesis this week.

Icon by Court
Old 08-12-2013, 10:38 PM
New Fan

retribution/karma? it seems like there is reasons for what is happening to these characters this season. masuka has been a misogynist pig over the years, all about sex sex sex. niki has masuka's dna and after she says "i'm not going to be a pole dancer, dad." he got that look in his eyes that niki is the way she is is because she's part him.
and Quinn closure is he spent seasons screwing women left and right now a woman wants him to settle down. and angel has seen some things and been through hell and is in a good place as lieutenant so he already has closure.

and maybe Hannah being around is causing dexter not being able to focus on Zach and that will be Dexter's demise. doesn't the cover art of this season have dexter covered with plastic and maybe he gets that way because Zach is a brat he gets tired of dexter's bs

so basically nobody gets to do what they have always done even deb isn't getting the chance to say f@#k, f@#k me, f@#k me sideways, jesus mary f@#k that's good maybe she has said those things this year but they were at their best when they were her reactions at crime scenes, a masuka comment, or a good cup of coffee when she was a cop

Last edited by jerky7596; 08-12-2013 at 11:37 PM
Old 08-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Master Fan

I know they're trying to do the redemption route, but it's the timing that bugs me. They've gone 7 seasons without making Masuka anything other than the creepy little office guy that gives us a laugh or a cringe now and then. All of a sudden, they're trying to turn him into "dear old dad". Same thing with Quinn. In a show such as "Dexter", why do we suddenly want a happy ending for all of these secondary and tertiary characters? I honestly have very little concern for them aside from what impact they have on Dexter/Deb.

Even as much as I loved Doakes...I had no interest in his personal life. He was a wonderful character because, aside from a couple of meandering storylines that stayed mercifully brief, he was all about catching Dexter.

Icon by Court
Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesoohci (View Post)

Side note: Has anyone read the books? I've read the first one, and from what I understand....at least for a while...the writers were using stories from the books to drive the series. I'm sure they did so loosely when they were (the first book is fairly different than the first season, but correlates for the most part), but is any of these season canon within the book series? Did they start getting crowded with characters and side stories? It might explain some of what is going on with the writing now.

Side note 2: I used a lot of parenthesis this week.
I've read all of them and I can assure you I see no similarities between this season and any of the books. They are off on two completely different tangents by now. The only similarity is the accent on family this season, but not even the family members are the same
Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, wickedrum! I was curious about how devoted to the original writing the books stayed. I do have plans to read them all some day. It will be interesting to see the differences.

Icon by Court
Old 08-13-2013, 09:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I spilt coffee on my laptop and therefore haven't been able to watch this episode yet
Old 08-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Yikes Wendy that sucks! Expensive cup of coffee it turns out hm?
Hope you can get it fixed or otherwise get a new one soon.

@emesoohci
I'm sorry but your comments (especially the first bit) made me
I can definitely relate to your frustrations. Last season was super fast-paced and this series just keeps going in this slow mode without a sense of direction it seems. We're not getting less subplots only more of them it seems.

And I do agree if they were going to make it all about redemption/closure there would have been better ways to go about it and less intrusive on the main plot and characters. We can't possibly be expected to care about all these fleeting characters, why not just give us a strong storyline with one clear nemesis - that's when Dex is at its best. I'm still watching because I do love this series, and some of the episode was good, but it all feels so fragmented and put together like a 4 year old making a collage.. Unless at some point there turns out to be a relation between all of these storylines which is not very plausible. Even if there is it would be one that is hard to believe.

I don't mind Hannah being back, and the husband story was always going to be flat anyway - I suppose because they wanted to get the tension back between the threesome.. But it does feel very contrived indeed. As does the neighbour story (good point about that being part of Dexter's appartment before ), as does the Zach thing etc.

It's a shame they strayed so far from the usual format which works so much better - and I think it would have made S8 a lot more interesting.. I'm still not buying the whole BS arch is over though, I'm still expecting a twist in there somewhere. If there isn't in the end, I'd be very disappointed I think. In that case it seems to defy the purpose of even making a final series, they should have ended it at S7, which was one of the best ones imho.

Still, I want to see how it all ends so I'm not giving up hope just yet..
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesoohci (View Post)
I know they're trying to do the redemption route, but it's the timing that bugs me. They've gone 7 seasons without making Masuka anything other than the creepy little office guy that gives us a laugh or a cringe now and then. All of a sudden, they're trying to turn him into "dear old dad". Same thing with Quinn. In a show such as "Dexter", why do we suddenly want a happy ending for all of these secondary and tertiary characters? I honestly have very little concern for them aside from what impact they have on Dexter/Deb.

Even as much as I loved Doakes...I had no interest in his personal life. He was a wonderful character because, aside from a couple of meandering storylines that stayed mercifully brief, he was all about catching Dexter.
I think this was one thing I also loved about The Closer. It focused on the central character and her life and only now and then we would see the other characters and their personal lives. Shows get to their final season and feel they have to wrap up everyone's lives someway, even if we haven't seen much of it for the majority of the show. They should just keep to the formula that has worked for all the previous seasons of rhe series.