Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Passionate Fan

8.6: "A Little Reflection" (Original airdate 08/04/2013)

"A Little Reflection"

Season 8, Episode 6

Episode 6 Sneak Peeks:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Last edited by Jazzed; 08-04-2013 at 02:56 AM
Old 08-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Passionate Fan

So, we're halfway through the final series already ()
What will happen this episode..?

It seems Vogel is indeed intent on bringing more danger into her life - addicted much?
Is that really because of her job, or just/ and also because she wants to keep Dexter involved? How far do her manipulations go, really, and what is her (ultimate) goal? Is Zach just a means to an end or does he fit in the whole scheme of things somehow..?

Deb's boss seems to clearly be getting more romantic feelings towards her, which Deb's probably ready for at all at the moment. Another subplot, or..?

And what will happen with Masuka's daughter? Is there something sinister there, an alterior motive or another involvement?

Can't wait to see what will happen next!

ETA:
I like the play on words in the title! A little reflection ito introspection and psychiatry - or a 'mirror' of a smaller, younger Dexter, i.e. Zach..?

ETA 2:
'She's wired'... And so she is! More like on fire recently.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Vogel is certainly a thrill seaker! Wonder if she finds it hard to feel emotions otherwise.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT

I can't believe we're halfway already
Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can't believe there is only a few episodes left I'm really going to miss the show! Happy Debster moments this episode...I'm hoping! interesting way to start the episode! the son! I bet that he did kill her! of course he's seeing Vogel! she is so suspicious! Dexter doesn't need her!! "We'll see" Deb!! Vince's daughter is suspicious too! that was so awkward! Deb's creeper boss! my baby! he's so cute! Dexter doesn't need a love interest ok...he has Deb! my baby is adorable! Dexter is on the job! you would know about being stupid Quinn! Zach is a creeper too! bringing him in the crime scene! Dexter explaining the blood! awesome! Dexter has cards! can I hate on Dexter and Cassie please? um...No! they are completely different people...Dexter needs Deb!! "That's all I can tell you" Deb knows that is the truth...about the past! She loves her family! Dexter going to see Zach! back with the donuts! so cute! "he treats the blood like a swimsuit model" Zach acting suspicious again!! tough choice...not Quinn or not Quinn! I've always liked Angel! back together again! Debster!! i love the pictures! Dexter is worried! Aww...Dexter remembering what Deb said! they are so freaking adorable! aww...don't yell at my baby! he did lie though...wonder what that's about? Debster I love them so much! haha! sorry you are horrible Quinn! Quinn wanting evidence from Dexter! Dexter wants to work with Quinn? Quinn is horrible! Quinn ships Debster! "I should have stayed in my office" who is the girl? Deb looks pretty! Deb's boss is a forever creeper...no matter what! omg! he punched him!! Dexter finding information about the girl! he likes taking pictures? looking at the pictures? Dexter printing out proof! giving to Vogel? so already knew! "I don't kill innocent people" wanting to teach Zach the code? what? Dexter talking about Harrison ugh Jaime stop it with the matchmaking already!! Vince's daughter...something about her? he gave her money? now she's freaking out! she is so not nice! Angel knew he made the right choice! Deb cares about Dexter! and Harrison! Dexter talking to Harrison....awww....he's sorry about what happened! "but Daddy...you lie" Dexter was worried there for a second! Harrison might find out the truth about his father...wow! that would screw that little boy up. Killing outfit! Zach is going to kill Sofia! Dexter seeing Quinn and Zach! Dexter calling Jaime about Quinn! Zach's father!! omg! Dexter getting Zach! omg! Quinn seeing Dexter! good thing he's an idiot! kill room!! I miss the blood slides! he wants to teach Zach! omg! Debster! only Dexter and Deb are meant for each other! what is going on with Deb! omg! are you freaking kidding me right now? WHAT? Get away from my freaking Debster Hannah!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So funny i had Hannah showing up like next week not tonight love surprises , but whwn Dexter went down drugged I knew it right then and there .. nice to see her ....

THe kid./ son on /pff the table well we saw what happenned when he did that to hannah ...

There on the table for a reason to be killed not to be freed ...

So cute tonight with Harrison couldnt imgine what he had like a slide or knife all i could think was something real bad ,bloddy pupppy well maybe Dexter can get it bleach it or repleace it . It was a funny but sweet moment . Zach man that kid palys rick snop into creppy blod lust kid real well . Dexter neightbor not sure where or why she fits in at all except to a victum . WIll Dexter feel remorse he let the kid go and listened to vogul ?

What that hell is hannah new husband only saw a bit of it didnt get the relationship .. Why is she just allowed back in Miami untouched ?

pissed off but Funny NY and California TIme Warner Cable has temp Dropped CBS and Showtime due to fight over cable paying rights fees So Yvonne was ubnable to see the show tonight .. She didnt understand she has to wait till monday or after mindnight to see it on SHO.com
Old 08-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Zach seemed kind of sympathetic for me from the beginning, don't know why. I hope he will be a real heir.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

Man, it's getting crowded on this show. Zack, Hannah, neighbor lady, Masuka's daughter, Deb's boss, Vogel. As you can tell, I've lost track of names at this point. Dexter is trying to balance too many things at this point....something's got to give. It's been this way since Miguel, though. He's so desperate to find people who understand him and that he can be open with. Now it seems like he's addicted to it and wants to turn this killer kid into a mini-me. I just can't see it ending like he and Vogel want it to. Looks like the neighbor might be in the wrong place at the wrong time next week and Dexter is going to really regret not taking Zack out when he had him on his table.

Masuka didn't even remotely listen to Deb. She told him to wait and see what happens and he writes the girl a check for $5000 instead? Smooth.

I foresee the biggest problem with the Zack/Dexter pairing is that Quinn isn't too likely to give up on nailing the kid now that he's trying to prove himself by catching him in the act. Now he's either going to catch Zack and Dexter, or get killed by one or the other for getting too close. Either way, it's going to cause a major speed bump in the road to turning Zack into Dexter part 2.

Deb and Dex were finally getting back to their old selves and here comes Hannah. Not sure where all they're leading with her being married other than proving that Dexter should have killed her last season. New hubby is gonna die! She certainly won't be endearing herself to Deb by greeting her with a nice drugged drink. How did she know Dex would be at Deb's that night? She was certainly prepared with a couple of spiked drinks.

Miller was promoted and wasn't even in the show.
Poor Angel...can't catch a storyline.

Debra certainly doesn't seem to be into her boss like he is to her. She cares about him, but she obviously is thinking about anything but a relationship right now.

Icon by Court
Old 08-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow, really hard to find a vid with somewhat decent sound of this episode..
In fact after scanning some 20 or so vids I gave up and watched more than listened so if I missed a few things because I couldn't actually hear it, please let me know..

Anyway solid episode if not the most exciting one in terms of developments. I'm definitely with you on that emesoohci, this has become Sideshow Bob instead of Dexter in terms of the many extra's and semi's taking over instead of the actual main story involving Dex and Deb as main characters. I'm glad they're sort of getting back to some sort of 'normal' but sure, I felt it looming all the way in the episode.. and then Deb fell down, there she was indeed.. Our favourite poison monger..

I'm not sure what the purpose of semi-poisoning them was.. This was the second near-death experience as a cliffhanger at the end of the episode we're seeing this series when we can tell both survive obviously.. Not sure why that was necessary I guess dramatic effect maybe. Or maybe just Hannah's vengeance.. Seems to defy the purpose though because it will only pour oil onto Deb's flames for sure.. Also, very strange that she got out of jail somehow, free as a bird, and neither Dex nor Deb heard about it somehow..??

But plot holes aside, it's nice to see her again, wonder where they are going with this.. I'm a little concerned about all the sublots this series though because now it seems we've actually moved on from the BS (or is that a diversion tactic after all to lull is into thinking so..? ) and moved onto Zach being steam coursed/rolled into Code Kid (way too early, way too fast and way too full on, let alone probably not the right personality to deal with this anyway) and Hannah & new rich hubbie it seems...

I'm starting to lose track, and wish there was more of a clear direction at this point tbh. Still not sure what to make of it all but I imagine the neighbour will be dead soon either by Zach (indeed Vogel-retribution/retaliation in that case) or Hannah. Either way she won't be alive for much longer as she doesn't seem to serve another purpose so far.

The more this series is progressing the more ominous the feeling I am getting that this can't end well. I just can't see it. Deb may seem better at the surface but how does she really feel, especially with Hannah back in the mix.. Zach is definitely a loose cannon as long as he's alive and a threat to Dex in that sense too - there's no way he can pull of taking this kid under his wing, and his rich and powerful daddy will not like it if his son ends up dead either, for sure.
Then the BS loose ends/unknown and Masuka's daughter somehow having a motive to be there too potentially...?? And then there's danger-addict dr Vogel....
I still don't have a clue where they are heading with this, perhaps that's the whole idea anyway to keep us guessing as much as possible but it's getting confusing at times. Still enjoying the Vogel dynamics though and am looking forward to what will happen between Dex and Hannah/Deb.

ETA: I agree emesoohci, poor Angel, he's the only one who didn't get a storyline it seems. Even friggin' Jaime has more of a story and lines than he does.. Sad because I would have very much preferred to see more of Angel than who-cares plotlines from Jaime meddling in Dex's love life. I guess they needed a 'plausible' subplot for the new 'love interest' and a talking Harrison, but yeah, it would have been much better with more focus on Angel and the main characters instead of all that filler imho. Shame.

Last edited by Jazzed; 08-06-2013 at 07:50 AM
Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I had no problems finding a copy with quality sound

Maybe the point to the semi-poisoning is making a point That she's holding the cards.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble keeping track of everything, Jazzed.

The growing cast from season one makes sense in that you have to show Dexter widening his circle as he becomes less reclusive. But, up until the last three seasons, the subplots and additional story lines all eventually came together to actually form one clear line to Dexter and the main storyline. i.e. Deb dating Rudy, who turns out to be the Ice Truck Killer.
I can find no possible way to tie in Masuka's daughter and Deb's boss. They're just flies buzzing around the main plot...whatever that might be. What is the main plot this season? Maybe that's just it. I'm trying to find a main plot where there isn't one. It's all subplots that run for two episodes and are replaced by the next one. Even Vogel's purpose has completely changed over the course of the last two episodes. It's dizzying!

Icon by Court
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Perhaps Vogel has seen how unhinged Dex has become recently, and wants to have a replacement ready in Zach, just in case she needs it? Maybe they are setting it up for Zach to kill Dex eventually? And I wonder why it is that most of the female support characters in the show are such PITAs. Besides Deb, Hannah, the Irish nanny, Vogel, and perhaps La Guerta to some small extent, there has never been a single one that did not set my teeth on edge. Rita, Jamie, and now the new neighbor...it`s almost more than one can take. I just hate it when people can`t stay out of other`s business. What does she care if he does anything she deems worthy on his boat?! Or to ask about his passions; during a food truck lunch date no less. All the time that condescending smile.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed the ep but would agree a lot going on. I think they are trying to put too much in for the finale and as a result might be losing the true heart of Dexter
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Excuse the slight off topic please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I had no problems finding a copy with quality sound
Can you send me a pm with the link please, because it drove me nuts..
Maybe I'll find time this week to watch it again, properly..

By the way I am assuming you mean copy you can watch online not a torrent?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesoohci (View Post)
Glad I'm not the only one having trouble keeping track of everything, Jazzed.

The growing cast from season one makes sense in that you have to show Dexter widening his circle as he becomes less reclusive. But, up until the last three seasons, the subplots and additional story lines all eventually came together to actually form one clear line to Dexter and the main storyline. i.e. Deb dating Rudy, who turns out to be the Ice Truck Killer.
I can find no possible way to tie in Masuka's daughter and Deb's boss. They're just flies buzzing around the main plot...whatever that might be. What is the main plot this season? Maybe that's just it. I'm trying to find a main plot where there isn't one. It's all subplots that run for two episodes and are replaced by the next one. Even Vogel's purpose has completely changed over the course of the last two episodes. It's dizzying!
Yeah I agree with you though. I'm not sure what the angle is with that, I assume they want to keep us guessing.. and I hope that at least part of the subplots will make sense and tie together to kind of wow us at the end of S8, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because like you I can't see it all coming together either tbh..

I think we've yet to see what the underlying story is except for Vogel, the Code and questions about Morality in general, as the lines have blurred so much both for Deb as well as for Dexter with his fast and loose application of the Code and wishful thinking/longing for human connection overriding his decision making - usually not for the best as we can see so far, Lumen being the notable exception so far..

At the moment I'm thinking S8 is kind of a patchwork, a quilt if you like of all aspects we've seen on the previous 7 series in terms of characters, influences on Dex, on who he has become with these interactions which determines his presentday actions. However they are quite flawed because in a way he's just as much a novice in this as Harrison would be almost, a little kid with wobbly feet making poor judgment calls many a time. Zach being the latest of them from the looks of it anyway.. And Vogel isn't helping in terms of the guidance he's seeking, she's just complicating matters more..

So I think we as watchers are supposed to pick whatever storyline we want to hypothesize about - some will probably tie in with the end catharsis of the series, and some will just turn out to be storylines to give 'closure' to the characters.. It's a lot to ask though in only 12 episodes.. And I do feel they are overstepping the time they are spending on all these side characters a bit so far. I'll reserve judgement because we don't know yet what will tie together and why, how, but it's definitely not easy to spot the main story this series. I imagine this was done on purpose though.. or at least I hope it was.

The writers have come up with some amazing stuff over these past series though so I'll try to stick with it for a little more and hope for the best.