Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Passionate Fan

8.5: "This Little Piggy" (Original airdate 07/28/2013)

"This Little Piggy"

Season 8, Episode 5

Episode 5 Sneak Peeks:

Sneak Peek #1:

Sneak Peek #2:

Last edited by Jazzed; 08-04-2013 at 02:56 AM
Old 07-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Passionate Fan

So.... what is going to happen guys???

Seems like we'll be getting some action this episode based on these two sneeks! ..

What role does that boy (son of the victim's husband apparently) play? He seems a little fishy and his message is well.. too good to be true??

Do they really know who the Brain Surgeon is now or was that another red herring/false trail? How does it tie in with this week's crime and how is this boy involved, why is he featured in the sneeks..??

Also, it seems Deb and Dex are finding each other again after the catharsis in trying to find Vogel.. Can't wait to see what will happen next in this scene...

Speculations??

PS Loving the title of this episode.. I wonder how it will relate to what will be unrolling this episode!
It might involve toes or fingers missing, maybe..

Also does it relate to Vogel somehow and crossing off her 'experiments' one by one - or even how their offspring would be involved somehow..??
(As this is a rhyme often used for counting /kids?).
Old 07-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Awww im looking forward to that Deb/Dex scene. Looks like they might begin to work out the issues between them.

I'm interested to see how long it takes to find Vogel and yes, if Yates really is the brain surgeon.

The kid does seem a little creepy, maybe he turns out to be the killer in that murder case

TFTNT
Old 07-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

can we have one good Debster scene this episode...please! they are breaking my heart! that ending last week was so sad! and shocking! happy they are both ok... "I saved him..." Harrison was worried about Harrison! please don't break my Debster shipping heart! Dexter is so not happy with her!! they need to continue to save each other! he needs Deb! its so true! Harrison is so cute....Deb calling Dexter! please! Dexter doesn't need a love interest! he needs Deb! is hard b/c she's always on his mind...always! ugh Quinn! She is Vince's daughter! omg! crazy!! i hate to say it..but I agree with Quinn! "Or they want to kill you..." sad! ugh...Quinn shouldn't be responsible for anything! of course Dexter knows he's not there! I really hope she gets it over Quinn! love Matthew's hate for Quinn! Dexter on the job! that kid is creepy! talking to Dexter! ugh..I hate Vogel! omg!! crazy!! she got kidnapped! crazy with the rosebushes! Deb on the scene!! Debster talking! "I don't hate you" b/c she loves you!!!!! "I couldn't imagine my life without you in it" working together!! "I don't want you hurt" this lady is evil! whatever she might get for punishment is to good for her! of course its the son!! Vince and his daughter...super awkward! I don't really like her...something up with her? i don't know why he wants to save Vogel...she is bad! Matthews should punch Quinn...now that would be awesome! Deb's creepy boss! Vince going to see Deb? he wants to hire her? its for his daughter! at the look on Deb's face! Deb loves her family...always! I still see her as Haley even though i never really watched One Tree Hill. ugh...Quinn at the apartment! Jaime is annoying now. ugh...Hannah...forever hating her! Debster! sorry Cassie...he has Deb...he doesn't need you!! Debster almost back together! Yates should kill Vogel...sorry...not sorry! I love when Dexter answers the phone! Debster together again! Deb's boss is a forever creeper! Debster will always have a connection!! omg! he found the phone! where did they go? they should have left her there! omg!! under the bed!! omg....that was freaking awesome!! "...and Deb" they will find their way back!! "The family that kills together...." they are perfect for each other... "I got my sister back..." Deb and Harrison are his only family! he doesn't need Vogel!! great episode...intense!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-29-2013, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

I get the sneaking suspicion that this detente between Deb and Dex is going to be short lived. Seeing Dexter kill someone evil was never going to be Deb's problem. If Quinn is the next on his chopping block for starting to figure things out, Deb will go right back to where she started. More than that, she would ever allow it after LaGuerta. Too many people are finding out all of the dirty little secrets, which means they're about to not be secrets at all anymore.

I was surprised that the brain surgeon was actually Yates. It didn't make any sense with the shoes and all-female victims. Still not sure on all of that, but I don't mind them moving on from it. Now I really have no idea where they're going with the next kid. He's definitely creepy and it's awfully convenient that Vogel is right there working on him already. Turning him into the next Dexter is obviously not going to work, though. He's way, way too old to be reprogrammed.

Less Quinn/Jamie. Always a good decision.

Matthews protecting a criminal family. Surprise, surprise. Quinn obviously doesn't seem too keen on the idea of putting career before lives, though.

It's nice to see Deb out of the spiral. They were wise not to draw that out any further. I'm not feeling the chemistry between her and her boss, but that's probably because Deb seems to have absolutely zero interest in him. She's so wrapped up in what's going on between her and Dex that everything else is pretty much nonexistent to her for now.

I predict Dexter's new neighbor will be Hannah's come-back victim.

Icon by Court
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Finally some movement on the Deb/Dex front. Only a corpse could have been more tight- and pale-lipped than Dex in the two episodes prior to this.
Yates was a killer with a foot fetish even before he became the brain surgeon, that`s why the female vics and the shoes make sense. Brain surgery just became a temporary sideline of his business to tease Vogel, and he went to work on her with his toe clippers after all. I think that Quinn is going to surprise us all. Jamie is a PITA, but so was Rita. No pun intended here.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

"The family that kills together...." I'm still laughing!

felt like a finale, would've been a nice ending..

it was so action packed you could hardly breathe!

Quinn is cleverer than he makes out to be.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
New Fan

Just noticed that the song playing during Vogel abduction is the same as the one during the 1st "brain surgeon" kill. Seems suspicious.

Make your own Kind of Music by Mama Cass

Last edited by espresso2go; 07-29-2013 at 05:01 PM
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That episode was a fantastic Dexter/Deb episode. Loved it!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

God wasnt that "make your own kind of music" played on LOST over and over again

Really enjoyed the episode, will post more later
Old 07-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Yes I think it was.

I'm in two minds a bit about this episode.
On the one hand I really liked Deb and Dex getting back to some kind of normalcy again, whatever that is indeed..

On the other, it just felt, I don't know.. off. Makes sense because they've never been in this situation before but I still don't think Deb is as 'fine' with it all as she more or less lets on to be now. Obviously this guy was a serial killer and Deb didn't have issues with eg the Vigilante's either, or with that aspect of it all that much.. But does that mean she can truly accept Dexter for what he is and his actions as well as hers?

It's all frail obviously but.. I don't know. Also I am mystified why both of them still trust Dr Vogel as much as they seem to as she clearly has played and does still play a very dubious part wrt her experiments on her patients and how she acts towards them.. Same wrt Yates.. She manipulates like nobody else, same with Dex, same with Deb..

Also it seems way too early in the final series yet for the Brain Surgeon to be found, case closed. Other than the scar and the brain surgery the guy had, I don't see this MO in his previous victims at all as he was obsessed with feet due to his childhood abuse trauma apparently..? Also I never really got the feeling that he was looking for Vogel. He said something like 'why couldn't you leave me alone?'.. Granted that's a bit ambivalent but it seemed to me like he was surprised to find Dexter (and Vogel on phone) in his appartment suddenly - not like a stalkerish killer targetting her..

Not that the guy was a sweetheart obviously.. The whole thing just doesn't add up for me somehow, also it seems weird to have the subplot end now to sort of haphazardly skip onto a next subplot with the new kid as a new 'code' experiment.. Clearly Vogel thinks Dex was a success, but I very much doubt this kid would fit the bill from what we've seen of him so far, plus, well, Vogel's narcissistic and arrogant... so yeah.. Not the best of combinations..

Still really like her character especially since I seem to change my mind about her every 5 minutes - I can't even seem to make up my mind if I like her or not. Probably mostly not but she does intrigue me..

I do have to say that I am slightly disappointed and annoyed how we seem to get cheated out of crucial scenes each time this series..
First we skipped 6 months after LaGuerta's murder.. then we skipped the whole scene of Deb waking up pissed off and handcuffed and teleported into the scene of the crime where she suddenly trusted Vogel (?)...

Now we skip the whole aftermath of the crash/attempted suicide and kill (with no scratches on them and a car on the bottem of the lake? ) to be in another therapy session with someone neither of them like nor trust but can't seem to break loose from either...

Also what's up with the subplots this series.. where does Masuka's daughter fit in all this and is the whole sergeant plot just to give the other actors a bit of an arc in the final season too or does it tie in with the rest of it, somewhere.? Still no clue where they are going with this.. I'm enjoying the series, still, but I wish I felt more of a direction at the moment, it seems a bit adrift.. But maybe things will (hopefully) become clearer in the next one or two episodes..

Last edited by Jazzed; 07-30-2013 at 01:40 AM
Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

the brain surgeon is Vogel, all this so far from her is a set up maybe.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I go back and forth with Vogel.

On one hand, I am fascinated by her character, and this episode proved it. And of course, this actress is fantastic. I want to see where they go with her immensely.

On the other hand, I don't trust her at all. She has her moments where I feel she might be genuinely trying to help Deb and Dexter, but then she has other moments where I absolutely believe she's setting them up for something.

I will give props where props are due. I'm not always keen on the guest star characters (I wasn't the hugest Hannah fan for example). But they've written a deviously complicated character in Vogel. The fact that I do not know how to feel about her yet speaks volume IMO.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:10 AM
New Fan

if that wasn't the brain surgeon then it starts to point to Hannah as who it is for three
reason.
1. victim found buried isn't that what she did to victims
2. victim stabbed to the chest didn't she make her first kill sitting on her on stabbing her in the chest.
3. and last took victim shoe didn't she take mementoes from all the kills.
or about this as a theory the show likes red herrings maybe the brain surgeon is a red herring to the show. led to believe the brain surgeon was what drove the season but in fact it was just part of it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Hannah's method of killing is a little less extravagant though. Other than those first kills she did as a teenager, isn't her method of choice poison? A rather more passive way of killing.