Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Passionate Fan

8.2 : "Every Silver Lining" (original airdate 07/07/2013)

"Every Silver Lining"

Season 8, Episode 2

Promo Episode 2:

Sneak Peek Episode 2:

Old 07-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Sooooo...

What are we expecting / hoping / wishful thinking / dreading to see in episode 2??

What's dr Vogel's deal..?
What will happen between her and Dex, and how does she know about the Code?
What will happen with Deb and Deb/Dex? (kindly put between spoilers if you already know, please!! )
Where is Hannah, will we know yet...?
Old 07-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

well, I expect that the second episode has more action than the premiere which seemed to me like an introductory - placing the pawns on the board - episode! I certainly want to know what's the deal with Dr. Vogel. I think she is going to manipulate Dex and tempt him to get away from Harry's code.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't really know what Vogel is up to with Dexter. I don't think we'll find out for a while what her true intentions are.

I don't think we'll be seeing Hannah for a while. I think Dex has enough on his plate now with Deb and Vogel

Things only look like they're getting worse between Deb and Dexter. I wonder if Dex will tell her about Vogel and what she knows about him.

I gather Harry went to Vogel about the code, but why would he? Were they romantically involved at the time? Why would he have trusted her with such a big secret? Why would she have come up with the code to create a serial killer? Is it just an intrigue for her, perhaps an experiment to see if a serial killer would actually follow a code like this?

TFTNT too
Old 07-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Passionate Fan

tfnt
Old 07-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Id expect Harry and Vogel were lovers too. She seems quite twisted, she couldve wanted to create Dexter as an experiment.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm definitely curious about Vogel and the connection she had with Harry and/or the role she had coming up with the code. I can picture Harry seeking help especially in the early stages where Dexter started showing signs of his dark side, killing animals and such.

It would definitely have been a huge risk to take though unless they had an intimate relationship and/or she had a keen interest in keeping things the way they were so Harry would be confident enough that she would not pose a risk. It's still a somewhat out of character move for Harry it seems, so I hope there is a good and plausible explanation for it.

I agree that the season's premiere was more to show where everyone was standing in the aftermath of LaGuerta's death - I do expect things to steam up a bit more in tonight's episode.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I'd even venture as far as suggesting it was Vogel who looked Harry up. It wouldnt be out of character of her to contact police with a secret agenda.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

still the best opening ever....i'm going to miss it when the show is over! Can they finally kill Quinn this season? old video! ugh....forever hating Harry! Therapy session? Directed by Michael C Hall! proud of you honey! it really started early for him! omg!! that's crazy! created him? I can't believe this lady! she wrote the code? what? "you made me what I am..." interesting that she had the piece of brain!! former patient? Yeah...I could see that happening! she will probably die! illegal methods? I wonder what it is! omg!! that guy killing that other guy!! Dexter watching the video!! ugh...Harry. I love that picture! Debster!! Deb loves Dexter!! and vice versa!! Deb! I don't like this guy that she is working for! its always another body! forever hating on Quinn...always! that's the murder weapon! another brain section? this lady is creeping me out! i wouldn't trust her either! that guy was better off dead! Deb talking about LaGuerta. I don't think LaGuerta was a good person! and I hate this guy Deb is working for! the guy keeping an eye on Deb! they found a match! at Vince! I love the narrations...its always interesting to hear what he's thinking! Hunting cabin? Deb! this is going to be dangerous...I can tell!! omg!! get him Deb! omg! that was intense! now she's stuck in there! Quinn could never be a sergeant! he is horrible! omg! of course Angel knows!! talking to the killer's mother! omg! the guy that trapped Deb!! he will always worry about Deb! always! Dexter and Quinn talking...I don't like it!! "My sister" always! omg! she's at the house! how did she get out? "I was worried about you..." they need to be working together again! he will always care!! Debster is forever breaking my heart! yay for the killing outfit!! omg!! seriously!!! this lady...i don't like her one bit!! ew Quinn...Jaime deserves better!! oh Jaime is jealous!! I never liked them together!! She shouldn't be yelling at Angel! Quinn is the jerk in all this...always! omg!! I knew it was Deb!!! omg! Deb is back!! they all miss her!! Debster...stop breaking my heart I hate that she is working with Quinn! omg...the flashes about what happened! Dexter barging in...just in time! Dexter and Deb talking....they are killing me... I feel like Deb would kill again! he just wants his real sister back! he would do anything for Deb! ew...Quinn! Sergeant creepy!! Is lady....forever creepy! get her together with Quinn! omg!! watching the DVD!! "I've destroyed Deb..she's gone" i hate how creepy this lady is...seriously!! awesome episode! intense!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok this episode ,even though only #2, already I am feeling Dr Vogel has a more of connection then we are led to belive .

Here is the big kicker I am already thinking she could be orchestrating all the murders for her own reserch ,far fethched reach is she is the killer,, Cant be that obvious this quick can it ?

debra , at first whwen El lobo was killed felt he was killed by his own people not Deb at all . she was in the locker and beat up gun taken away . I was like how could she know where he was . When Dex found her blood on the glass i was Oh SH** she did kill him ...

She has has not lost a step as detective cop at all .. hope this boozing drug bings goes way soon .. i like a sober ass kicking foul mouthed sharp Deb on the case .

Back to vogal why didnt Dexter not think to dust the DVD case for a print ,why did she have him go in first, thus she could have planted the DVD leave the door open he wasnt there to know ... Who knows it may be her on a table near the end ...

Last edited by Logan; 07-07-2013 at 10:17 PM
Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 AM
New Fan

hannah

could the killer be Hannah and she evolved into a serial killer that forces men to kill others
and she doesn't have any empathy. and being she was a child during
the killing spree across America did she also see dr. vogel after getting caught.

I know it happened by accident but
did anyone find it weird elsapo's gets a cut on his cheek sort of like the cut dexter makes before he kills.

Last edited by jerky7596; 07-08-2013 at 02:03 AM
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Master Fan

Dexter will do anything to him that his sister back!

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

that was a lot to take in. Vogel can manipulate like no other! She will be a great adversary for sure till Dexter figures her out. I think she has a bunch of killers created running about. She wrote those books in self praise, she wanted to find a place in the world for a psychopath like her very own self! And she's proud of her little warped creations!
She fits the profile more than Dexter ever will.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow what an episode

Vogel is very creepy, would not trust her at all. I think she set up the supposed break in at her house and placed the disc there, to get Dexter on side. She was also very quick to take hold of the disc, so no chance to dust for finger prints.

I think she has not realized that Dexter would do anything for Debra and this will affect whatever her real plan for herself and Dexter is.

Debra has almost reached rock bottom now. Hopefully she will pull herself together soon. Hope Dexter will tell her about Vogel, maybe she might remember something from the past.

Yes think it could be possible that Harry and Vogel had an affair.

Jamie and Quinn, annoying.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky7596 (View Post)
could the killer be Hannah and she evolved into a serial killer that forces men to kill others
and she doesn't have any empathy. and being she was a child during
the killing spree across America did she also see dr. vogel after getting caught.

I know it happened by accident but
did anyone find it weird elsapo's gets a cut on his cheek sort of like the cut dexter makes before he kills.

Yes, that cut was a nice touch . I thought that with that he was symbolically 'marked' for Dex, but now think it was meant to show us that Deb is at risk of morphing into a serial killer herself. How many has she now killed personally 'outside the law'? Two? Well, one more to go. But I too hope she will quit the booze and get a grip.

Last edited by Kadre; 07-08-2013 at 10:08 AM