Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Elite Fan

The Time Has Come To Say Goodbye...

Hi Everyone:

It is with a heavy heart that Mel and I let you know that we are considering closing the Nikki Blonsky Board here at Fan Forum. We did not come to this decision lightly as this board holds a lot of fond memories for us and has helped to forge some great friendships over the last 3.5 years. But, with only sporadic news now and then about Nikki's upcoming projects, it has become more difficult to meet the minimum post requirement each week. Also, as Mel and I enter new and exciting phases of our lives that require more responsibility at work and school, we find ourselves with less and less time to give the board the attention it deserves. We don't feel that this is fair to Nikki or to Fanforum.

We want to take a moment to thank everyone who has posted on this board over the years, and particularly over the previous months. The board wouldn't have been the fun, exciting place it was for so many of us without your dedication. And we thank you for letting us be your moderators.

Please feel free to leave feedback whether you agree or disagree with the possibility of the board closing. It will all be taken into consideration as we take the next step.

All the best,

Lanie (ZacFanOnWheels) and Mel (ButterflyBabe)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really very sad about this. I love this board so much, but at the same time we just don't have enough news or posters to keep this going without a great deal of work. It has stopped being fun, and that makes me saddest of all.

If anyone, anyone, feels like they don't want it to close, or have another solution, please speak up.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww you guys, I'm sorry about the board closure.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

aw, it's always hard to question whether it's time to close a board.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww girls I know this couldn't have been an easy decision, but totally understandable.

Shelle
Old 04-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

It is really sad, and I wish it was different.
NZ | Icon by Shelle
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a great deal of respect for the moderators of any board that is in a similar plight to the Nikki board - there are lots of boards who scrape by, drag 'friends' to post - but I don't know if this feels right for the Nikki board. I don't think it is doing any justice to Nikki herself and her vibrant and bubbly presence. I would rather see people maintaining a healthy thread on the Celebrities board than going through what I know you girls go through to keep this board going. It doesn't devalue your love for her or your support for her body of work and the talent that we know she has. You may find that you're able to focus on supporting her more by taking the pressure off keeping up a whole board.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

I think that is definitely the conclusion we've come to. I think we can be better fans, in a variety of different places on and off FF, without the pressure to try to scrape up the minimum post count every week.
NZ | Icon by Shelle