Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I gave that first link of David singing 'Rolling In The Deep' another listen, love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
The link in the OP of the Axium thread is a treasure trove. David's been making amazing music for so many years already and hopefully many more to come.

Perfect is right. Listening to them back to back is a great idea since REM loops back into Circadian, I love that.
Bring on the next album, David. We'll keep listening to 'This Loud Morning' in the meantime.

I really adore how it loops back like that. I really love how 'Rapid Eye Movement' ends with those instrumentals and the dreamy vocals. Very calming and beautiful.

Quote:
It was pretty funny. He needs to practice it more and then perform it on the tour, KTHXBAI.
That would be great. I'd love to hear full band versions and acoustic ones too.

Quote:
Speaking of catching up, I really need to catch up on all the shows I'm behind with.

Glad you enjoyed Paper Heart! It does have an awesome intro, I've always loved it.
Take your time with catching up. I still need to catch up on watching more of those performance videos.

The song could just go on with just the instrumentals without David's voice and I'd love it. With the vocals and lyrics, it's perfect.

Quote:
That's awesome! I think David's got so many people into so many other artists and bands by performing their songs or otherwise.
Which is a very good thing. Has he got you into anyone?
Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
^ I gave that first link of David singing 'Rolling In The Deep' another listen, love it.
I'm listening to it now too, I LOVE the HQ recording!

Quote:
Bring on the next album, David. We'll keep listening to 'This Loud Morning' in the meantime.

I really adore how it loops back like that. I really love how 'Rapid Eye Movement' ends with those instrumentals and the dreamy vocals. Very calming and beautiful.
Hear hear! We'll always listen to TLM.

It was such an ingenious idea to do that. David said in a recent interview that he knew that Circadian was going to be the opening track and REM the closing track, maybe that's how he got the idea. Oh yeah, the instrumentation and children's choir in both songs are amazing.

Quote:
That would be great. I'd love to hear full band versions and acoustic ones too.
I just wanna hear him play it live. I'd take an acoustic performance but of course I'd prefer a full band one.

Quote:
Take your time with catching up. I still need to catch up on watching more of those performance videos.
Thanks. Catching up is hard to do when your time is limited, but we'll both try.

Quote:
The song could just go on with just the instrumentals without David's voice and I'd love it. With the vocals and lyrics, it's perfect.
Agreed.

Quote:
Which is a very good thing. Has he got you into anyone?
Hm, I think mostly MWK and Ryan Star. How about you, is there anyone else than Adele?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I'm listening to it now too, I LOVE the HQ recording!
Perfect audio to save in an mp3.

Quote:
Hear hear! We'll always listen to TLM.

It was such an ingenious idea to do that. David said in a recent interview that he knew that Circadian was going to be the opening track and REM the closing track, maybe that's how he got the idea. Oh yeah, the instrumentation and children's choir in both songs are amazing.
It's cool to think about the order of songs when it comes to album. 'Rapid Eye Movement' with the kids choir at the end really does leave an impression and I think 'Circadian' is a great opening. I think it's one of the strongest songs in the album.

Quote:
I just wanna hear him play it live. I'd take an acoustic performance but of course I'd prefer a full band one.
I prefer acoustic, I have a soft spot when it comes to hearing David's songs stripped down. Though of course a full band performance is a must!

Quote:
Thanks. Catching up is hard to do when your time is limited, but we'll both try.
We will, there's no need to rush at all.

Quote:
Agreed.
I gave the 'This Loud Morning' album a full listen today and I ended up playing 'Paper Heart' more than once. I just had to go back to it.

Quote:
Hm, I think mostly MWK and Ryan Star. How about you, is there anyone else than Adele?
Mae because of that sweatshirt her wore, ha. Ryan Star, like you. I almost forgot about him. MWK too, but I still need to listen to more of them.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Perfect audio to save in an mp3.
Yep, that's what my mp3 has been from the beginning.

Quote:
It's cool to think about the order of songs when it comes to album. 'Rapid Eye Movement' with the kids choir at the end really does leave an impression and I think 'Circadian' is a great opening. I think it's one of the strongest songs in the album.
I think Circadian, REM and GTTG are the three strongest songs.

Quote:
I prefer acoustic, I have a soft spot when it comes to hearing David's songs stripped down. Though of course a full band performance is a must!
There are certain advantages to acoustic, like really giving his voice the spotlight. But I just love electric guitars so much, I will never say no to full band rocking.

Quote:
We will, there's no need to rush at all.

Quote:
I gave the 'This Loud Morning' album a full listen today and I ended up playing 'Paper Heart' more than once. I just had to go back to it.
That's awesome. There are definitely several songs on that album that you just have to play on repeat sometimes.

Quote:
Mae because of that sweatshirt her wore, ha. Ryan Star, like you. I almost forgot about him. MWK too, but I still need to listen to more of them.
His Mae hoodie is awesome. Yay for Ryan! I definitely recommend listening to MWK.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yep, that's what my mp3 has been from the beginning.
Keep on playing it.

Quote:
I think Circadian, REM and GTTG are the three strongest songs.
They really are, glad they all made it to the album. I'm listening to 'Right Here, With You' right now. Something about this one.

Quote:
There are certain advantages to acoustic, like really giving his voice the spotlight. But I just love electric guitars so much, I will never say no to full band rocking.
I think that's what I like about it, his voice gets the spotlight. I also love the electric guitars, those amazing guitar/drum solos, and the rockim' atmosphere of a full band. It's good that we get to hear both.

Quote:

Quote:
That's awesome. There are definitely several songs on that album that you just have to play on repeat sometimes.
Yep, and 'Goodbye To the Girl' is one of them. I'm going to enjoy listening to the song more times for the sing along thread, one of David's most gorgeous songs.

Quote:
His Mae hoodie is awesome. Yay for Ryan! I definitely recommend listening to MWK.
Ryan makes some great music and will do.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Keep on playing it.
I do, no need for the whip. xD

Quote:
They really are, glad they all made it to the album. I'm listening to 'Right Here, With You' right now. Something about this one.
They would been crazy to leave out any of those three! Glad you're enjoying RHWY! I have to say for reason it's never been among my faves from this album.

Quote:
I think that's what I like about it, his voice gets the spotlight. I also love the electric guitars, those amazing guitar/drum solos, and the rockim' atmosphere of a full band. It's good that we get to hear both.
I sometimes feel kind of a bad fan when everyone else is loving the acoustic stuff and I want full band rocking, like I don't appreciate his voice enough. But the way I see it, his voice is so powerful and strong and full and rich that no amount of instruments can ever drown it out, it always soars above anything else.

Quote:
Yep, and 'Goodbye To the Girl' is one of them. I'm going to enjoy listening to the song more times for the sing along thread, one of David's most gorgeous songs.
I love doing the song for the sing along game, it's got gorgeous lyrics. I probably don't have to say which song I play on repeat the most. xcD

Quote:
Ryan makes some great music and will do.
Coincidentally a Ryan song just started to play.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I do, no need for the whip. xD
*puts whip down*

Quote:
They would been crazy to leave out any of those three! Glad you're enjoying RHWY! I have to say for reason it's never been among my faves from this album.
I know, can you imagine any of them not making the cut?! I'm rejecting just the thought of it. That's okay, I have enough love for RHWY to go around.

Quote:
I sometimes feel kind of a bad fan when everyone else is loving the acoustic stuff and I want full band rocking, like I don't appreciate his voice enough. But the way I see it, his voice is so powerful and strong and full and rich that no amount of instruments can ever drown it out, it always soars above anything else.
Great words. You said something really great and true there, that his voice can it powerful and can shine in an acoustic setting and in a full on live band one. It's just a matter of preference on which people have a soft spot for.

Quote:
I love doing the song for the sing along game, it's got gorgeous lyrics. I probably don't have to say which song I play on repeat the most. xcD
I know which song that is, yes. Thank goodness that made it as a bonus song.

Quote:
Coincidentally a Ryan song just started to play.
Ah, that's nice! Do you remmeber which one?
Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
*puts whip down*

Quote:
I know, can you imagine any of them not making the cut?! I'm rejecting just the thought of it. That's okay, I have enough love for RHWY to go around.
No, even the idea doesn't make any sense! Haha, that's awesome.

Quote:
Great words. You said something really great and true there, that his voice can it powerful and can shine in an acoustic setting and in a full on live band one. It's just a matter of preference on which people have a soft spot for.
Aw, thanks. Exactly, his voice can and will shine in any kind of setting! It's okay to have a preference though and I think it's cool that you love the acoustic a bit more and I love the electric a bit more.

Quote:
I know which song that is, yes. Thank goodness that made it as a bonus song.
I knew you'd know. And I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Ah, that's nice! Do you remmeber which one?
Um, I think it was 'Last Train Home'.

====

I totally meant to post this here earlier but looks like it slipped my mind!

Quote:
You've said that This Loud Morning was a record you needed to get out of your system. How are you approaching things differently for your next album?

My brother passed away during the first tour, and I didn’t really take a break. I think we only missed one show. I stayed busy with work and I used the record to process everything. It was a deeply personal record and one I really do feel like I needed to make. And now that I’m on the other side of it -- numbers are numbers, but I think what I got out of that record can’t be quantified. With the new stuff now, I’m trying to get back to music being fun again.

Source
Totally love what he said here, especially "I think what I got out of that record can’t be quantified". The value of this record isn't measured in sales numbers, it's more special than that.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 01-06-2014 at 02:38 PM
Old 06-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Three years ago, June 28th 2011, we got this gem:

To this day I still adore the album and listen to it every day.

Happy Anniversary, This Loud Morning!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why does it not feel that long ago? it really doesn't. Happy 3 years, still listening to it and loving it!
Old 06-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't feel that long in a sense that the album still sounds fresh to my ears and I couldn't even imagine being tired of it. But when you think it's been 3 years since he put out on album, I'm really happy the new one seems to be coming out soon.

I think I will have to give this album a spin to celebrate a little.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well said! Ha, it's great this next album will be coming out sooner. I'd love to listen to all his albums back to back when the new one comes out.

I hope you enjoyed your celebration. I'm listening to some songs right now too. 'This Is Not The Last Time' is playing which I know you're in love with but I haven't given it enough love lately.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks! Well, actually there's now an even longer break between albums than it was the last time. Oh gosh, it will be so great to listen to them all back to back.

Always enjoy listening to this album. You get a for listening to TINTLT! But you need to give it more love from now on!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's okay, it'll be worth the wait. 2015, where are you? It'll be great, I'm already ready to pre-order the new one.

I promise to give it more love. I gave it another listen just now.

Quote:
I totally meant to post this here earlier but looks like it slipped my mind!

Totally love what he said here, especially "I think what I got out of that record can’t be quantified". The value of this record isn't measured in sales numbers, it's more special than that.
Thanks for sharing that article bit. I can't imagine even getting up after losing a sibling. I love that quote too, I like how he put that.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's okay, it'll be worth the wait. 2015, where are you? It'll be great, I'm already ready to pre-order the new one.
I have no doubt about that. Less than 3 months until 2015 now, time flies. Oh yeah, it will be soooo exciting to pre-order it!

Quote:
I promise to give it more love. I gave it another listen just now.
That's awesome! It's definitely one of my all time favorite David songs.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing that article bit. I can't imagine even getting up after losing a sibling. I love that quote too, I like how he put that.
You're welcome. Me neither, it would be so devastating. I love the way he put it too, the value of some things isn't measured in money.