Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I bet it does. I think the CD booklet would be a great thing to get autographed. Haha, I probably couldn't get one word out of my mouth if i ever met him. But I'm sure you'll do great, just enjoy the whole experience!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I bet it does. I think the CD booklet would be a great thing to get autographed. Haha, I probably couldn't get one word out of my mouth if i ever met him. But I'm sure you'll do great, just enjoy the whole experience!
Oooh that's a good one I'll have ot do that. I'm still in shock I got a VIP package seems too good to be true haha I seriously hope I don't end up looking like a dork in front of him lol and thanks I will
Old 09-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have a couple of CD booklets signed by an artist I like, I think it's a great way to keep an autograph as opposed to a piece of paper or something like that that might get lost. It kinda raises the value of the CD IMO. Aw, I'm sure won't end up looking like a dork. I hope you have a lot of fun at the concert and meeting him! Remember to tell him we said hi.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have a couple of CD booklets signed by an artist I like, I think it's a great way to keep an autograph as opposed to a piece of paper or something like that that might get lost. It kinda raises the value of the CD IMO. Aw, I'm sure won't end up looking like a dork. I hope you have a lot of fun at the concert and meeting him! Remember to tell him we said hi.
That's very true gonna bring mine then HAHA I'm going to try and make sure I form words haha once I do I can tell him you said hi if you like hehe
Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's okay, if you get a chance to say everything you want to him and you still have time, maybe then you can say hi from me.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It's okay, if you get a chance to say everything you want to him and you still have time, maybe then you can say hi from me.
LOL that sounds like a deal to me. Feels surreal it's actually happening haha
Old 09-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Or any other city on that list. (Why San Diego specifically though? )
Because that's where my brother lives. I can stay with him while I stalk David.

Quote:
I love the song too, it's been among my favorites off the album pretty much the whole time. It was mentioned in the sticker on the album cover so it's not a surprise they chose it as a single. And it got good response when it was on SYTYCD so I think there's a good chance it'll hit a chord with the radio listening audience.
I hope so. I really hope this song hits a chord with listeners out there. I'm looking forward to a video as as well, to give the song even more of an 'ommph'. Something gorgeous.

'Fade Into Me' being compared to 'The Time Of My Life'? I hate when songs are compared to each other. I guess they're both subdued, soft songs. I'll give them that. When I think or listen to one song, I don't think of the other, and I don't think they're that alike that it even needs to be mentioned. Are they comparing the songs in a negative way?

Paper Heart really would be a wonderful song for a single. Great guitar work, I think it's pretty catchy the tune, and it's rockerish. Also, the song actually shorter in duration to 'Fade Into Me'. I know we discussed 'Circadian' and 'Rapid Eye Movement' maybe being too long of a song for a single. I agree with you that David is rocker. I pretty much agree with you whole post, actually. Hopefully 'Fade Into Me' will be a winner for David and hopefully a third single will come out of this too. There's one more chance to put 'Paper Heart' out there as a single. Or, better yet, Circadian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeSomeJelliot (View Post)
SO makes up for missing him the last two times and thank you! I'm gonna bring something to autograph hehe try not to faint or sound like an idiot around him LOL
Very exciting news, Caitlin! I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert! A VIP package? Amazing. Time to bring out the bunny.

It's so wonderful that you'll hopefully get to meet David.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Caitlin, I couldn't believe it either until he was standing right there before my own eyes.

Jas, looks like it's time for a family reunion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_Symmetry (View Post)
I hope so. I really hope this song hits a chord with listeners out there. I'm looking forward to a video as as well, to give the song even more of an 'ommph'. Something gorgeous.
We've already been talking about a possible music video but in case he gets one, what would you like to see in it? Go creative.

Quote:
'Fade Into Me' being compared to 'The Time Of My Life'? I hate when songs are compared to each other. I guess they're both subdued, soft songs. I'll give them that. When I think or listen to one song, I don't think of the other, and I don't think they're that alike that it even needs to be mentioned. Are they comparing the songs in a negative way?
Yeah, they are both ballads. Period. I have never thought about TOML when I listen to FIM and I don't even now that it has been brought up. They sound nothing alike to me. Yeah, I think they are being compared in a negative way. Just because they both are apparently waltzes doesn't make them the same song or even that similar IMO. It's just stupid.

Quote:
Paper Heart really would be a wonderful song for a single. Great guitar work, I think it's pretty catchy the tune, and it's rockerish. Also, the song actually shorter in duration to 'Fade Into Me'. I know we discussed 'Circadian' and 'Rapid Eye Movement' maybe being too long of a song for a single. I agree with you that David is rocker. I pretty much agree with you whole post, actually. Hopefully 'Fade Into Me' will be a winner for David and hopefully a third single will come out of this too. There's one more chance to put 'Paper Heart' out there as a single. Or, better yet, Circadian.
I totally agree about Paper Heart. That song has all the qualities of a great single. The guitar riff hooks you instantly and it is an accurate representation of David's musical style in addition to being catchy enough for radio. I know Rapid Eye Movement would be a bit too long (although its length is much due to the outro) but I think Circadian could be a single. The radio track would start where the guitars and drums etc. start, ie. the intro would be cut off, and that makes it about a 4 minute song. I don't think that's too long. But of course this is all speculation and could very well be pointless. We'll see what happens on the singles front. What I'm most interested in seeing is how they treat the promotion of FIM. Do they push it at all or just throw it out there and see if it sticks. We should start seeing the signs soon, now that the tour is getting closer and closer.

---

Hi, my name is Laura and I miss things and find out about them ridiculously late. But I thought this was too lovely to pass to save face. So, from Hodges' blog (under 'more music'):

Quote:
Posted by David Hodges Wed, 06/29/2011 - 12:32 am

hey guys,

today's been a big day. Picking up David Cook's "This Loud Morning" at the record store (yes, they still exist-ish) and listening to the album from top to bottom was a great ending to what has been an 18 month journey. David and i started writing the first week of January 2010 for this album, & 10 songs, 100 ping pong games, and a handful of epiphanies later here we are. 4 of the songs ended up on his album, 1 on the Arrows to Athens album (yes, you will here it soon), & at least 1 more that i feel sure you'll hear some day. as for the other songs, they weren't great (hey, they can't all be winners), but we definitely had a good time writing them. i remember in May 2010 listening to the demo of Circadian (we had written Rapid Eye Movement 2 months earlier & felt like it needed to find it's other half) & knowing we had made something special. i'm really proud of those songs.
The 4 songs on the album they wrote together are Circadian and REM as he mentioned plus Hard To Believe and This Is Not The Last Time. Gotta love their cooperation since 3 of those songs are among my favorites off the album. I also totally adore what he said about Circadian and REM being each other's other halves and knowing that they had made something special with those songs. Definitely something to be proud of!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_Symmetry (View Post)

Very exciting news, Caitlin! I hope you have a wonderful time at the concert! A VIP package? Amazing. Time to bring out the bunny.

It's so wonderful that you'll hopefully get to meet David.
Thank you! hehe Heh aww brought out the bunny for me? hehe I better meet him or they'll have an angry girl on their hands haha

Quote:
Caitlin, I couldn't believe it either until he was standing right there before my own eyes.
You've met him before?!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No I haven't, I realized I probably worded that wrong but I was too lazy to edit it. I meant IF I ever got a chance to meet him, I wouldn't/couldn't believe it either until the day he would be standing in front of me. So, sorry about my English fail. xD
Old 09-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No I haven't, I realized I probably worded that wrong but I was too lazy to edit it. I meant IF I ever got a chance to meet him, I wouldn't/couldn't believe it either until the day he would be standing in front of me. So, sorry about my English fail. xD
No worries Laura I've done that a lot too haha So no need to be sorry bb
Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks. I have never seen David even perform live, but maybe some day.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you get to one day too and It'll be a new experience for me for sure.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks bb I'm sure it will be an awesome experience for you, I'm happy for you.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Single news! "Fade Into Me" will impact on the radio on October 10, a day after the tour starts:

Hot/Modern/AC Future Releases | Hot Adult Contemporary Rock Songs and Release Dates | ...

Hope it does well!