Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
He'll need to do more sports challenges in addition to already playing tennis and running marathons/5Ks.
You just put the image in my head of David doing a victory dance at the finish line of one of his marathons. Has he ever done that or would he be too exhausted?

Quote:
Me too.
Maybe they can hang out this holiday season.

Quote:
I hope it's not slim to none. xD
Let's hope.

Quote:
Oh snap!
David just strutted past Trya and did a flip of the tuft.

Quote:
LMFFY is so amazing. I still wonder why you voted it off, too.

Yeah, they used a lot of clips from the past tours for example. I have some catching up to do too.
I think I was on drugs, remember? Say no to drugs.

You've seen so many tour videos already, and you always leave great feedback about each out of them.

---

In my search for some David vids, I found this old one from 2008. I love how it starts with David's win.

David Cook - Welcome To Wherever You Are (Fan Music Video) - YouTube

Last edited by Street Spirit; 11-20-2012 at 04:11 AM
Old 05-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It didn't take me nearly as much time to bump this thread as it did with some of the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
You just put the image in my head of David doing a victory dance at the finish line of one of his marathons. Has he ever done that or would he be too exhausted?
Not that I know of, but I'd imagine doing any kind of dance or further exercise is the last thing on your mind when you're finished a marathon.

Quote:
David just strutted past Trya and did a flip of the tuft.
Now he can flip the slicked back hair.

Quote:
I think I was on drugs, remember? Say no to drugs.

You've seen so many tour videos already, and you always leave great feedback about each out of them.
You really shouldn't do drugs.

Aw, thanks. I really want to get back to watching live videos. I wish I had more time.

Quote:
In my search for some David vids, I found this old one from 2008. I love how it starts with David's win.

David Cook - Welcome To Wherever You Are (Fan Music Video) - YouTube
Aww, what an adorable video! I was smiling throughout, such a lovely walk down the memory lane. :') Thanks for posting!

=====

There are already some entries for the LML lyric video contest on YT, but this one is by far the best:

Laying Me Low - David Cook (Lyric Video Entry) | View in 720p - YouTube

Great work! I think this one looks professional and has a realistic chance to be chosen as the winner. The other ones I've seen look too amateurish to be an official video.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It didn't take me nearly as much time to bump this thread as it did with some of the others.
I'm glad you bumped it, I didn't even think that we could watch the video submissions already.

Quote:
Not that I know of, but I'd imagine doing any kind of dance or further exercise is the last thing on your mind when you're finished a marathon.
True, I'd be passed out on the floor (about a mile behind the finish line). But maybe David has more stamina and could do a little bit of a booty shake.

Quote:
Now he can flip the slicked back hair.
He could flip his hair even harder.

Quote:
You really shouldn't do drugs.

Aw, thanks. I really want to get back to watching live videos. I wish I had more time.
You really shouldn't. The worst effects is that it makes you vote on the wrong things in survivors.

You can always just watch the occasion video here and there. I still have a lot of David performances to catch up on.

Quote:
Aww, what an adorable video! I was smiling throughout, such a lovely walk down the memory lane. :') Thanks for posting!
A very nice walk down memory line, hard not to smile at it. Lots of nice moments in there.

=====

Quote:
There are already some entries for the LML lyric video contest on YT, but this one is by far the best:

Great work! I think this one looks professional and has a realistic chance to be chosen as the winner. The other ones I've seen look too amateurish to be an official video.
Wow, I really enjoyed that! Very cool effects. It really is very well done, kudos to the creator. The stomping/clapping bit in the video was a nice touch.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm glad you bumped it, I didn't even think that we could watch the video submissions already.
I happened to come across them and I thought I'd post here.

Quote:
True, I'd be passed out on the floor (about a mile behind the finish line). But maybe David has more stamina and could do a little bit of a booty shake.
Me too. David could be able to do a booty shake, at least if it was little. xD

Quote:
He could flip his hair even harder.
True.

Quote:
You really shouldn't. The worst effects is that it makes you vote on the wrong things in survivors.
Really so sad. D:

Quote:
You can always just watch the occasion video here and there. I still have a lot of David performances to catch up on.
You're right, I'll try to do that. Hope you can watch them too.

Quote:
A very nice walk down memory line, hard not to smile at it. Lots of nice moments in there.
Season 7 really was the best and he was the cherry on top.

Quote:
Wow, I really enjoyed that! Very cool effects. It really is very well done, kudos to the creator. The stomping/clapping bit in the video was a nice touch.
Yeah, it was such a well made video! I loved the stomp/clap part too. I'm just thinking the only thing that could maybe prevent it from winning is the use of pics of David. Maybe David thinks it's too much of his face. xD But maybe not and it wins. At this point it's really the best by far.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I happened to come across them and I thought I'd post here.
Glad you did!

Quote:
Me too. David could be able to do a booty shake, at least if it was little. xD
Just a tiny shake.

Quote:
You're right, I'll try to do that. Hope you can watch them too.
Hope so. I'll go look in youtube for some old gems that maybe I can post here.

Quote:
Season 7 really was the best and he was the cherry on top.
Sounds like a great title for the AI if that hasn't already been used!

Quote:
Yeah, it was such a well made video! I loved the stomp/clap part too. I'm just thinking the only thing that could maybe prevent it from winning is the use of pics of David. Maybe David thinks it's too much of his face. xD But maybe not and it wins. At this point it's really the best by far.
I was very impressed with it. I want to check out the other submissions too. Aww, we'll see if the David pictures prevent anything. I like them personally, and how can I not?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Sounds like a great title for the AI if that hasn't already been used!
I don't think it has, I'll write it down!

Quote:
I was very impressed with it. I want to check out the other submissions too. Aww, we'll see if the David pictures prevent anything. I like them personally, and how can I not?
I was impressed too. And of course I personally also like the pics of David. But our point of view is different than David's who's gonna be choosing the video.

So, the deadline passed yesterday so all the entires have been posted. I watched all of them and I think there's some competition now!

Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) - 1080p - YouTube

Such a well made and professional looking video! I love the use of David related fonts, the graphics and the Analog Heart reference. I think the lack of David's face could make this the ultimate winner.

Although this one gives those two a run for their money, too:

Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) - YouTube

HD version: Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) HD 720p - YouTube

Such creative animation and interpretation of the lyrics! I love the silhouette of David and Devin towards the end, and having David face animated in a very skillful way instead of actual photos of him could work for this video's favor, I bet David finds that cool.

I think the winner will be one of those three! Or at least it should be.

Here's a bunch of nicely done videos who deserve to be highlighted, but TBH I don't think they have an actual shot at winning. These two are my favorites of this bunch:

David Cook - Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) - YouTube
I really like what the maker did with the text, it looks really cool and is interesting to look at. Too bad it falls out of sync in the end. I also think it maybe lacks something that makes it say "David Cook", you know?

I also love what's done with the text here, it looks very stylish. But it could have used more DC flavor, too.

These are all very well put together what comes to the graphics:

David Cook- Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) - YouTube
But this one is a bit "uneventful" maybe.

This one isn't cohesive enough visually.

These two have the same issue as the previous one, even more so I think.

This one is really nice to look at , but I think the video clip of David playing a guitar seals the deal. I enjoyed it though!

The imagery of this one is lovely but maybe a tad bit too simplistic.

Here are some nice original ideas:

Creative take on the song's meaning but I think using those images could pose a copyright issue if it was an official video.

David Cook Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry) - YouTube
This one is cute but not professional looking enough.

Laying Me Low - David Cook (Lyric Video Entry) - YouTube
Another cute idea, but that logo of the site/program used to make this, plus that the lyrics aren't totally in sync could be a problem.

I really like the kind of haunting feel of this, but it looks very fan video -like.

The idea and execution here are adorable, but again, it's very fan video -like.

I just wanna make a disclaimer, that I think all of the above are great! I could never make anything like these videos myself. I think these were the best I watched, I skipped everything with excessive use of stock images (like a pic of actual fire ) and pics of David. I hope no one thinks I'm overly criticizing, as fan made videos they're all very well done. I'm just trying to look at them from the point of view of what would work as an official video for a professional artist. It has to look professional too.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 06-02-2013 at 07:30 AM
Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is obviously not a lyric video but very cool:

Fun to watch, and the guy did a great job at lip-syncing and playing all those instruments.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I came across this videos a couple of days ago and I thought I'd post it here:

The vocals are a bit shaky but I thought this was interesting since it gives a little bit of an idea of how a full band studio version of this song would sound like. Also, it's nice that this a bit more unknown song was covered, the singer did a nice job.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Never thought I'd hear a dance remix of Permanent:

DAVID COOK - PERMANENT (Teddy Killerz Drum & Bass Remix) (+FreeDownload) - YouTube

Old 01-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

David Cook & Kids, part 275

Isabella's VIP with David Cook ORH St Louis, Mo - YouTube

Aw, look at her running to him and throwing her arms around him. Too adorable!

He had invited her on stage too and and made sure she gets whatever she wants from the merch table (with a hundred dollar cap xD):

Isabella and David Cook on stage - YouTube 2

Old 08-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how this clip is titles "Not the version of Billie Jean we were expecting".

Billie Jean

Go Sugarfoot!

(If a YT video surfaces, I'll edit it in.)
Old 08-22-2014, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's a YT video of that Billie Jean bit above.^

David Cook - Banter #5 and Billie Jean Dance (Ottawa) - YouTube

It starts around 1:40. The rest of the banter is pretty funny too.

And since we're on the topic of Billie Jean, it came up at the next show too:

David Cook - Billie Jean Guitar Play Fail Banter - Taste of Kokomo - 16/08/14 - YouTube

Here's a better quality video, the Billie Jean part starts @ 1:30:

David Cook - "Billie Jean" banter - Taste of Kokomo - 8-16-14 - YouTube

Nice try, David.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

When David did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

David Cook ALS Ice Bucket Challenge - YouTube

he nominated for example Maureen van Zandt.

Well, Maureen had a little payback:

MVZ Ice Bucket Challenge - YouTube

(Sorry I'm only about 2 months late. )
Old 12-19-2014, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Haha, that was great. I love that she 'swoons' over magic rainbow line.

---

I have completely and utterly failed at posting in this thread, by the way. I didn't even realize how long it's been. I'm really sorry.

Thank you so much for posting all these links and videos. The Billie Jean banter is fun, loved that little bit of the dance he did. (I know what the next gif I make should be.)

Have you listened to David's Coldplay cover yet? I also just gave David's Tom Petty cover a listen today. Loved it.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
^ Haha, that was great. I love that she 'swoons' over magic rainbow line.
That was so funny.

Quote:
I have completely and utterly failed at posting in this thread, by the way. I didn't even realize how long it's been. I'm really sorry.

Thank you so much for posting all these links and videos. The Billie Jean banter is fun, loved that little bit of the dance he did. (I know what the next gif I make should be.)
No need to apologize. This thread works as an archive too so it's not necessary to have tons of discussion here if we don't want. Plus I could update this a little more often myself too.

You're welcome! Looking forward to the Billie Jean dance gif.

Quote:
Have you listened to David's Coldplay cover yet? I also just gave David's Tom Petty cover a listen today. Loved it.
I did, but I need to listen to them all again! And I really need to make a post about in the app. thread, I fail so much with that one.

======

Here are a few covers of David's songs:

Wait for Me - David Cook - Cover | Music Monday - YouTube
Pretty good.

David Cook - The Last Song I'll Write For You (Stephen Johnson) cover - YouTube
This one I really like, this sounds great!

-----

Thanksgiving was ages ago and we saw the photos but I need to post this here.

Afternoon Delight - David Cook @ Jack Rabbits 10.31.2014 - YouTube